[APP][5.0+] BatteryGuru

svendsvin

Oct 21, 2013
Lost in space
Thanks for an interesting app. In Discharging there is a field called Runtime. How am I to understand it? I also have BatteryBot Pro installed. It shows the run time since unplugged. I guess BatteryGuru’s runtime does the same but I’m not sure since there is quite a difference in time measured between BG and BBP. How should I understand BG’s runtime? And what does the flash symbol in runtime indicate?
Bump.

Paget96

Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 29, 2013
Krusevac
Thanks for an interesting app. In Discharging there is a field called Runtime. How am I to understand it? I also have BatteryBot Pro installed. It shows the run time since unplugged. I guess BatteryGuru’s runtime does the same but I’m not sure since there is quite a difference in time measured between BG and BBP. How should I understand BG’s runtime? And what does the flash symbol in runtime indicate?
Sorry for late respond, Runtime in Battery Guru show next things:
Sun icon - this is screen On state
Moon icon - Screen Off state
Thunder icon - time since boot

When you expand it, there is Deep Sleep and Awake time which occurs only while Screen Off (idle), it's time of how much device being awake while screen is off (some wakelock usually cause it).
Awake also means that in that state device drains a bit (or more depends what cause it) of a battery more than it should do while deep sleep.
If you have any suggestions on how to improve it to be more understandable, I am open for suggestions.

Thanks

@Nastrahl:

I think that worked only once again for me. But thank you ;)

EDIT: Switched to AccuBattery app which has nearly the same functionality, at least all I need. There the alert keeps going.
Hello, what is the issue you have with the Battery Guru? Tell me more so I can do a fix on it.
Thanks

Reactions: svendsvin

Nastrahl

Dec 9, 2017

When you expand it, there is Deep Sleep and Awake time which occurs only while Screen Off (idle), it's time of how much device being awake while screen is off (some wakelock usually cause it).
Awake also means that in that state device drains a bit (or more depends what cause it) of a battery more than it should do while deep sleep.
If you have any suggestions on how to improve it to be more understandable, I am open for suggestions.

Thanks

Hello, what is the issue you have with the Battery Guru? Tell me more so I can do a fix on it.
Thanks
Hi,

I actually doubt that's an issue but just its behaviour made by design from what I guessed (i may be wrong) :

I've got a Note 20 Ultra, supposedly 4500mAh.
So in the app i set manually its design capacity as such.

I've set the notification for charge limit to 99%

Since the 4500mAh are not an absolute guaranteed value of the battery capacity (and i think nobody actually has a true 4500mAh with that phone), if the app detect that the phone's current capacity is actually less, it considers that the condition set for the notification isn't met, thus don't show it.

What I did for the notification to appear is to clear my manually set battery design capacity, and now the notification when my battery reach 100% is showing.

Icetea

Nov 8, 2014
i have a Samsung Note9 with 4000mAh *"typical". I didn't measure more than 3700mAh at every try since buying it!

Last edited:

svendsvin

Oct 21, 2013
Lost in space

Thanks
Thank you. As I understand your answer, it means that if you put the time from the sun and the moon icon together you get the total runtime since removing my phone from the charger?

If so something is wrong with the counting. I have tried to start my stopwatch when I stop charging. The time measured is not consistent with the time shown in BatteryGuru. But it is consistent with the time measured in BatteryBot Pro. After 48 hours of running the difference from the stopwatch and BatteryBot Pro is about 3 hours from that of BatteryGuru. That makes me believe something is wrong with the way BatteryGuru counts runtime.

Paget96

Oct 29, 2013
Krusevac
Battery Guru v1.8.9

⚡Download (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paget96.batteryguru)
⚡XDA Thread (https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...atteryguru-t3980767/post80484651#post80484651)
⚡Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/BatteryGuru)
⚡Telegram group (https://t.me/Paget96_Projects)

⚙Changelog:
- Updated wakelock getter
- Updated translations:
* German
* Spanish
* French
* Italian
* Dutch
* Polish
* Portuguese BR
* Portuguese EU
* Romanian
* Russian
* Turkish
* Vietnamese
* Chinese traditional and simplified
- Added partial Hindi translation
- Updated dependencies

Thanks for the high amount of contribution in translaitons, anyone interested in translating Battery Guru, check this link:

Improve translation of the app

Donate: PayPal (http://paypal.me/Paget96)
All apps: PlayStore (https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?id=6924549437581780390&hl=en)

Last edited:

Paget96

Oct 29, 2013
Krusevac
BatteryGuru (here) needs 5x more battery power then AkkuBattery app does.
How do you mean?

Btw, update is up.

Hi,

I actually doubt that's an issue but just its behaviour made by design from what I guessed (i may be wrong) :

I've got a Note 20 Ultra, supposedly 4500mAh.
So in the app i set manually its design capacity as such.

I've set the notification for charge limit to 99%

Since the 4500mAh are not an absolute guaranteed value of the battery capacity (and i think nobody actually has a true 4500mAh with that phone), if the app detect that the phone's current capacity is actually less, it considers that the condition set for the notification isn't met, thus don't show it.

What I did for the notification to appear is to clear my manually set battery design capacity, and now the notification when my battery reach 100% is showing.
That's kinda weird, notification and alarms rely on percentage, not on actual capapcity. Do you receive all kind of alarms from the app or there is an issue?

i have a Samsung Note9 with 4000mAh *"typical". I didn't measure more than 3700mAh at every try since buying it!
If you are talking about battery health, yeah it could be, especially if the battery is old.

Thank you. As I understand your answer, it means that if you put the time from the sun and the moon icon together you get the total runtime since removing my phone from the charger?

If so something is wrong with the counting. I have tried to start my stopwatch when I stop charging. The time measured is not consistent with the time shown in BatteryGuru. But it is consistent with the time measured in BatteryBot Pro. After 48 hours of running the difference from the stopwatch and BatteryBot Pro is about 3 hours from that of BatteryGuru. That makes me believe something is wrong with the way BatteryGuru counts runtime.
No no, sun is Screen On, moon is Screen Off, bolt is runtime since boot, that means if you havent turned your device off for a while, it will show a time since then.
TO be more precise it's UP time.

Can you be more precise what counting is not exact? I should take a look at it.

Icetea

Nov 8, 2014
If you are talking about battery health, yeah it could be, especially if the battery is old.

Samsung Note 9 battery form factor 4000mAh - but the best reading for it was 3750mAh. It was a new phone! The service changed it under warranty, but unfortunately the new battery is 3720mAh! I think there is a big difference between what the manufacturer claims and what is real.🤔

and...
your app has a 5x bigger power consumption as accubattery app has.

svendsvin

Oct 21, 2013
Lost in space
No no, sun is Screen On, moon is Screen Off, bolt is runtime since boot, that means if you havent turned your device off for a while, it will show a time since then.
TO be more precise it's UP time.

Can you be more precise what counting is not exact? I should take a look at it.
I misunderstood your symbols and therefor made a miscalculation. Just to get rid of any doubt: BatteryGuru can’t show total runtime from the minute you remove your phone from the charger to you connect it again?

Paget96

Oct 29, 2013
Krusevac
Samsung Note 9 battery form factor 4000mAh - but the best reading for it was 3750mAh. It was a new phone! The service changed it under warranty, but unfortunately the new battery is 3720mAh! I think there is a big difference between what the manufacturer claims and what is real.🤔

and...
your app has a 5x bigger power consumption as accubattery app has.
Reading is done by summing all the added mA to the battery over the charging time, it can variate a bit but that's 50-100mAh max, both AccuBattery and Battery Guru have similar detection and accuracy in calculating health and estimation.

If you check battery usage from device battery statistics it rely on CPU usage. Percentage you see behind them is actually percentage of CPU usage for all apps there. Longer CPU usage don't mean higher battery drain, there are higher and lower freqs.

I'm trying to reduce the app drain to minimum, after all, there are more stats to maintain, hold them and so on.
In my case drain of BatteryGuru for runtime of ~36h is around 2-3% so it's pretty minimal for an app that work all the time in the background. 😁

If you have more questions, ask.
Have a nice day. :)

Attachments

Reactions: Icetea

Paget96

Oct 29, 2013
Krusevac
I misunderstood your symbols and therefor made a miscalculation. Just to get rid of any doubt: BatteryGuru can’t show total runtime from the minute you remove your phone from the charger to you connect it again?
It does show on notification, top notification counter shows current runtime :)
When plugged, it show charging time, time since plugged, when unplugged it shows discharging time, time since you release device from the charger.

At the moment there is no current runtime (just since boot) in app, just notification.
In next version I will add it and improve stuff, thanks for suggestion, literally I forgot about that.
Now, you can sum a time of screen On and Off in order to get it (inside app), or just simple check notification.

If you have any suggestion to improve BatteryGuru, tell me.

Have a nice day

Reactions: svendsvin

svendsvin

Oct 21, 2013
Lost in space
It does show on notification, top notification counter shows current runtime :)
When plugged, it show charging time, time since plugged, when unplugged it shows discharging time, time since you release device from the charger.

At the moment there is no current runtime (just since boot) in app, just notification.
In next version I will add it and improve stuff, thanks for suggestion, literally I forgot about that.
Now, you can sum a time of screen On and Off in order to get it (inside app), or just simple check notification.

If you have any suggestion to improve BatteryGuru, tell me.

Have a nice day
Thanks a lot. I guess you can improve your app with some helping guide lines explaining what the different symbols actually mean.

Reactions: Paget96

Icetea

Nov 8, 2014
@Paget96
why do you do not offer beta release's of your app as a play store update possibility too?

and...
is it possible to remove add's for lifetime with paying one times?

btw.
download link for app from xda-labs in first post is broken.

Last edited:

Paget96

Oct 29, 2013
Krusevac
@Paget96
why do you do not offer beta release's of your app as a play store update possibility too?

and...
is it possible to remove add's for lifetime with paying one times?

btw.
download link for app from xda-labs in first post is broken.
1. There are no betas for now
2. There is free removal for 24h (you can use it every day)
3. I'll check it out, thanks 😊

Icetea

Nov 8, 2014
thanks for your answer and your support.👍

after comparing "accubattery" and "battery guru" for two weeks, i have removed "battery guru" now.

- In my experience, your app uses more battery than Accubattery.
- I don't like the type of shutdown for advertising (every 24h🤪)
- I have no use for "Doze".
- to many text informations in the app
(more hide able parts would be nice)

"the better solution is the natural enemy of a good solution."

x1ld3n

May 7, 2016

after comparing "accubattery" and "battery guru" for two weeks, i have removed "battery guru" now.

It has a lot of potential but for now it lacks some crucial features like Discharging sessions, Current overlay, average battery usage for the last X days and full battery estimates based on that. The only Pro over AccuBattery is current graph. The main focus should be on key features like the above and not on useles things like Wakelock detector which is useless nowadays. And in general the app feels kinda bloated.

Paget96

Oct 29, 2013
Krusevac

Tell me how much is difference in battery usage and send me screenshots of battery usage, so I can tell you whether it's it high or no.
I need to see source from where you check the usage

It has a lot of potential but for now it lacks some crucial features like Discharging sessions, Current overlay, average battery usage for the last X days and full battery estimates based on that. The only Pro over AccuBattery is current graph. The main focus should be on key features like the above and not on useles things like Wakelock detector which is useless nowadays. And in general the app feels kinda bloated.
Thanks for suggestions 😊