[APP][5.0+] Bottom Quick Settings

Search This thread

high25

Feb 26, 2009
This app is Awesome! Hopefully, Additions?

This app is great! And I just left a review for it on the Play Store as well!

Would you be able to add a swipe down gesture on the desktop to bring it up?

Idk if other series have this, but for the Note 10+ you can hide the navigation buttons and just use swipe up gestures at the bottom for Recents, Home, and Back button. If I use this option, the Bottom Quick Settings moves all the way to the bottom which is even nicer and cleaner, but it conflicts with the gestures because they are essentially at the same line. Is it possible to add the ability to change the position of it manually vertically (I know it can be done horizontally)? It would look like it floats just above the bottom. If this can be done, can you add the ability to give it a background that surrounds it and can also be transparent (I could not find a setting to make the background of the notification line transparent)? If not, this is awesome and great work! Thank you!

TomBayley1

Dec 15, 2014
play.google.com
This app is great! And I just left a review for it on the Play Store as well!

Would you be able to add a swipe down gesture on the desktop to bring it up?

Idk if other series have this, but for the Note 10+ you can hide the navigation buttons and just use swipe up gestures at the bottom for Recents, Home, and Back button. If I use this option, the Bottom Quick Settings moves all the way to the bottom which is even nicer and cleaner, but it conflicts with the gestures because they are essentially at the same line. Is it possible to add the ability to change the position of it manually vertically (I know it can be done horizontally)? It would look like it floats just above the bottom. If this can be done, can you add the ability to give it a background that surrounds it and can also be transparent (I could not find a setting to make the background of the notification line transparent)? If not, this is awesome and great work! Thank you!

Thanks for the review!

By default the Handle is at the bottom of the screen.
If you go into the Handle settings, you can also enable extra Handles at the left or right of the screen.
The Handles on the left/right still require an upwards swipe to open the panel.
This won't interfere with gestures.

As for the swipe gesture you mentioned, this is something that you phone's home launcher would handle. E.g. Nova launcher can do this by assigning the Bottom Quick Settings Open Panel shortcut to a gesture

Reactions: high25

washwash

May 29, 2014
thank you, i have other suggestions.
the notifications doesn't care about the "minimize notifications" you can do about the default notifications, so you see a lot of expanded notifications, maybe supporting this function? (don't know if you know what i'm talking about)
Another thing is more subtle but i think very useful, when you swipe down, everything goes away, i suggest to add a two step swipe down so, you swipe gently to hide the buttons and to see only notifications that you can swipe up and down to see them all, and you swipe badly to hide everything.
English is not my language so I don't know if I can explain myself
aaand maybe an option to compress the unused space for the notifications to see more stuff without needing to swipe up and down

Last edited:

TomBayley1

Dec 15, 2014
play.google.com
thank you, i have other suggestions.
the notifications doesn't care about the "minimize notifications" you can do about the default notifications, so you see a lot of expanded notifications, maybe supporting this function? (don't know if you know what i'm talking about)
Another thing is more subtle but i think very useful, when you swipe down, everything goes away, i suggest to add a two step swipe down so, you swipe gently to hide the buttons and to see only notifications that you can swipe up and down to see them all, and you swipe badly to hide everything.
English is not my language so I don't know if I can explain myself
aaand maybe an option to compress the unused space for the notifications to see more stuff without needing to swipe up and down

I can't really understand what you mean by the first point. Could you send a screenshot or video to help describe it?

If you swipe down in the quick settings area, it will collapse the quick settings and show more notifications.
If you swipe down in the notification area, it will close the panel.

The panel is already quite compact when in the "collapsed" state.
Maybe a screenshot could help here too?

Coolhaus

Dec 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Moto X4
Moto E5
App feature request: save custom user themes

Hi @TomBayley1, love the app. I'd like to suggest a couple of possible improvements/features:

1. The ability to save and re-use customized color themes. I'm doing this manual now and it's kind of a PITA :D
2. An option to auto-switch between dark and light theme according the system theme and/or local sunrise/set and/or activated by the Night Mode tile.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I would like to be able to specify the time interval for which to enable the "do not disturb" mode

This feature is already there in android.
Go to settings > sound > do not disturb preferences
& set your automatic rule.

I know these are nearly six-month old posts but I'm interpreting @ak142 's statement as wanting the Android prompt to ask the duration every time you manually turn on Do Not Disturb, such as in the attached screenshot. I do too, so I've re-enabled my top status bar's Quick Tile Setting for DnD and taken it off of the bottom Quick Settings. Still overall very happy with this app.

Reactions: miggsr

washwash

May 29, 2014
I can't really understand what you mean by the first point. Could you send a screenshot or video to help describe it?

screenshot done
the first two are normal notifications, the last 3 are reduced notifications, is an android option on the phone (lg g7) just swipe left and choose "reduce" and they stay there but like this, as it should be because are of no interest.

If you swipe down in the quick settings area, it will collapse the quick settings and show more notifications.
If you swipe down in the notification area, it will close the panel.

hmmm it doesn't work like that, i mean, yes i can to that but when i lift the finger everything goes away. it doesnt have a two step scroll down

The panel is already quite compact when in the "collapsed" state.
Maybe a screenshot could help here too?

i already have the option i think, i've made another bad photoshop with paint telling what i think for you.
maybe also reducing a little some pixels between the various icons, horizzontally speaking. I had a mod for an old galaxy that did just that to see more icons on one row
the same is for the notifications and vertical space. there will be more than enough space for the finger to click

aaand maybe the ability to edit the date and time with this format ( i don't know the technic name) "hh:nn:ss\nddd dd/mm/yy"

all that is what i would do if the app would be mine, it's just a suggestion.

Last edited:

erickusprime

May 3, 2019
Don't know if this is an already reported bug. Everytime I open the panel, it forces my phone out of vibrate mode.

I think this is because bqs does not "see" the settings all the time and tries to refresh everytime I pull the panel up.

For more background. I just upgraded to Android 10 and I remember I used to show a persistent notification on my regular notifications panel. I feel like that allowed bqs to "see" the settings all the time, not only when bqs is pulled.

Thanks for any help here.

Reactions: farfegnugen

Jbb3393

Jul 25, 2009
HTC U11
Hey everyone.
I use this app for the bottom status bar. I have battery optimization turned off for the app but the bottom status bar eventually always goes away and I have to open the app and turn it off and back on again to see it. I have to do that at least three times a day.
What's the trick to get it to stay on always?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

bieeest

Dec 3, 2008
Is there a way to hide the alarm info at the bottom?
(Even when no alarm is set, the info is there and not correct.)

I also noticed the active wifi icon always shows a question mark, any idea why?

screenshot.jpg

crick

Jan 13, 2007
An option to auto-switch between dark and light theme according the system theme
+1
hide the alarm info at the bottom
+1

Hello, @TomBayley1
Great app! Thanks for a great job.
One small request in addition to the above. I don't need quick setting tiles. I delete them all. But if I turn off and on the service or reboot the device, then the tiles are reset to their default values. Please fix this.

Last edited:

Paucake

Jul 16, 2015
Hey @TomBayley1, a couple of bugs:

1. After clicking on the OK button of the backup dialog, the snackbar says "Unfortunately there was an error" Logcat app managed to capture something that has to do with the keyboard, so it seems (GoogleInputMethodService.onStartInput(), prints out lots of nulls, don't know if it's intended).

2. I use two apps for launching shortcuts (Smart launcher 6 & LMT launcher), both identify the shortcut called "Open Panel" but both crash on selecting this shortcut, I managed to find a casting error that occurred after this crash, but it could be not related to your app. (Something with VectorDrawable) My phone is a rooted Xiaomi running Android 12 ROM, I can assure you it is completely stable in all regards.

BarrettBear

Jun 16, 2009
Anybody else having issues with this on Android 12? Worked fine on my earlier phones, and on Android before it updated itself. Now I get a Service Error and it force quits :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

bdbf3ae160.png

Bottom Quick Settings - Notification Customisation

Android P's quick settings and notifications at the bottom of your screen

Promo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5XghIuvweE

xda-images.jpg

Do you find the quick setting panel and notification drawer hard to reach with one hand at the top of the screen?
    Don't like shuffling your hand up each time?
    You no longer have to!

Bottom Quick Settings allows you to drag a quick setting and notification panel up from the bottom of the screen and toggle settings like WiFi, Bluetooth, Flash and many more including adding shortcuts to apps and websites in the panel too!

Features
    Notifications
    Control all notifications
    Open, dismiss and interact with notifications
    Manage notifications and hide persistent notifications
    Full colour customisation
    Dynamic notification colours

Quick Setting Panel
    40+ different settings to choose from
    Add any app or URL as a shortcut in the panel
    Change the layout of the panel tiles (number of rows and columns)
    Change the screen brightness, ringtone and media volume with sliders
    Add/remove sliders from the panel e.g. for screen brightness or volume
    Android Q & Pie themed

Other Customisation Options
    Change the colours of the panel background and the quick setting icons
    Add a background image to the panel
    Select an app icon pack
    Match the navigation bar colour to the footer colour

Get extra features with Root / ADB
    Some settings require root to be toggled. This is because of security restrictions Android places on all apps.
    With root, settings such as Mobile Data, Location, NFC and Airplane Mode can be toggled directly

If you run a one time ADB command you will be able to toggle most of these settings
    adb -d shell pm grant com.tombayley.bottomquicksettings android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
    For detailed instructions, read the page here: https://tombayley.dev/apps/bottom-quick-settings/adb/

Available Quick Setting Tiles
    WiFi
    Mobile Data
    Bluetooth
    Sync
    Do Not Disturb
    Torch/Flash
    NFC
    Airplane Mode
    Battery
    Cast
    Language
    Music Play/Pause
    Music Next
    Music Previous
    Hotspot
    Input Method
    Sound/Vibrate/Silent Modes
    Developer Settings Shortcut
    Screen Timeout
    Screen Lock
    USB Tethering
    Many more...

Shortcuts to any app on your device
    Shortcuts to URLs

Available Sliders
    Brightness
    Volume
    Ring Volume
    Notification Volume
    Alarm Volume

Links
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/tombayleyapps
    Telegram: https://t.me/joinchat/Kcx0ChNj2j5R4B0UpYp4SQ
    FAQ: https://tombayley.dev/apps/bottom-quick-settings/faq/
    Share and use backups: t.me/BottomQuickSettingsBackupSharing

Download it from the Play Store here

Updated to 2.5.0
    • Fixed shortcuts not working correctly
    • Fixed issue with media control tiles not working correctly with Spotify
    • Fixed some crashes and made some small improvements
    Updated to 2.1.0
    • Added option to move handle to the left or right side of the screen
    • Back button now closes the panel
    • Added Night Mode screen filter tile
    • Added 10+ new tiles
    • Added hide handle option in Customise Handle settings
    • Added panel page indicator
    • Added options in Customise Tiles to change the functionality of some tiles
    • Added account icon shortcut in panel header
    • Fixed issue with landscape mode
    • Small fixes and improvements
    Update! (5.0)
    • Reply to notifications!
    • Bottom status bar
    • Blacklist for the Handle/Status bar
    • ... and more features listed on the Play Store

Update/Download here: bit.ly/BottomQuickSettings

df0d52db45.jpeg
    Updated to 4.4.2 (now available to everyone)
    • Added system icons at the bottom of the panel
    • Added option to fully disable the handle

ab24df21df.jpeg