[APP][5.0+][Chromium/gello(CM)] Pyrope Browser - Browser with integrated AdBlock

Search This thread

datumdatzgr

Mar 2, 2012
Hi @Ninnix96

I think, this browser is the only one with immersive full screen mode. That is important for small screen sizes(for my z3c especially) So i am using this browser for a long time, and will use it (I dont care google sync or other bloatish stuff, i like the minimalist structure of pyrope a lot). So do you plan to update pyrope? Actually i have only small issues like crashes on sites with certain contents. And if you ever update, will you update chromium version underlying pyrope? In other words, is chromium version updateable, or is it a completely different thing? I dont know if i am clear:) Thx

Reactions: chopoLet

Ninnix96

Aug 23, 2014
Rome
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi @Ninnix96

I think, this browser is the only one with immersive full screen mode. That is important for small screen sizes(for my z3c especially) So i am using this browser for a long time, and will use it (I dont care google sync or other bloatish stuff, i like the minimalist structure of pyrope a lot). So do you plan to update pyrope? Actually i have only small issues like crashes on sites with certain contents. And if you ever update, will you update chromium version underlying pyrope? In other words, is chromium version updateable, or is it a completely different thing? I dont know if i am clear:) Thx

I have start to work on pyrope based on paranoid android browser chromium 60 version.

If have more time I can start to compile chromium stock.

What it's the favorite chance?

chopoLet

Jan 20, 2017
Hi @Ninnix96

I just can't let go of this browser. It's simple but elegant, fast and smooth. From it's icon to interface. I've been using this browser since CM until now. Even though I can't download videos from fb tru long press video player I'm still sticking my nose on this app. Kudos to you sir @Ninnix96. Thank you so much!

Reactions: Ninnix96

Ninnix96

Aug 23, 2014
Rome
Xiaomi Poco F3
I just can't let go of this browser. It's simple but elegant, fast and smooth. From it's icon to interface. I've been using this browser since CM until now. Even though I can't download videos from fb tru long press video player I'm still sticking my nose on this app. Kudos to you sir @Ninnix96. Thank you so much!

The video can be download, can you send me the site address?

Reactions: datumdatzgr

blackinfinity

Dec 7, 2014
The lack of info from the developer makes us thing this is abandonware, it feels stupid to support a software project that is no longer active, then its better to leave the ship before it sinks totally.

For next release I hope better ad blocker, u block orgin based, and maybe give us some control over it too, to whitelist some stuff, cause some websites will break..
current adblocker is not really good.. it does not really improve browsing speed the way adguard do. But when I am not at home using wifi Iam using openvpn with 4G or public wifi and then I cant use adguard since it is a local vpn cant use two vpns at the same time, so then I use the internal adblocker with pyrope browser.

There is really no excuse for the slow development of Pyrope Browser, a software is only as good as it is maintained, A lot of people have had hopes about the release, but it seem just dead.
If the v55 ever come out it still old since 60 is the newest.

I do not understand why the developer have to do all things himself, why not take help from more people this is just a one man project ?

And how is the included browser in lineageOS compare to Pyrope ?

Thebear j koss

• Oct 24, 2012
    NYC
    www.designrifts.com
    The lack of info from the developer makes us thing this is abandonware, it feels stupid to support a software project that is no longer active, then its better to leave the ship before it sinks totally.

For next release I hope better ad blocker, u block orgin based, and maybe give us some control over it too, to whitelist some stuff, cause some websites will break..
    current adblocker is not really good.. it does not really improve browsing speed the way adguard do. But when I am not at home using wifi Iam using openvpn with 4G or public wifi and then I cant use adguard since it is a local vpn cant use two vpns at the same time, so then I use the internal adblocker with pyrope browser.

There is really no excuse for the slow development of Pyrope Browser, a software is only as good as it is maintained, A lot of people have had hopes about the release, but it seem just dead.
    If the v55 ever come out it still old since 60 is the newest.

I do not understand why the developer have to do all things himself, why not take help from more people this is just a one man project ?

And how is the included browser in lineageOS compare to Pyrope ?
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=73408098

Not even 5 posts above your stupid, ungrateful post. Take your gimme, gimme... It's all about me, and kick rocks. The dev owes you absolutely nothing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thebear j koss

• Oct 24, 2012
    NYC
    www.designrifts.com
    well I need to know.. if I should keep using it or we wait for something that will never reach the light of the day
    Use something else and check back for updates whenever you can. The tone of your post was very disrespectful and this isn't a job for the dev, he decided to share his work with users while he was in school and enjoying his life. This isn't a paid app, and the dev doesn't owe anybody anything. A few posts up he stated he will be building off a new base and chromium version. When and if it happens, great. If not try doing it yourself as XDA last I remember is a development site, not an entitled user site.

blackinfinity

Dec 7, 2014
    Use something else and check back for updates whenever you can. The tone of your post was very disrespectful and this isn't a job for the dev, he decided to share his work with users while he was in school and enjoying his life. This isn't a paid app, and the dev doesn't owe anybody anything. A few posts up he stated he will be building off a new base and chromium version. When and if it happens, great. If not try doing it yourself as XDA last I remember is a development site, not an entitled user site.

its not very nice and respectful letting many thosdands of people live with false hope also, the question remain will there every be a new update ? and in what year ?
    Many things have happen since last time it was released to begin with cyanogenmod does not exist anymore, the so called ghello that pyrope is based on does not exist anymore so the question is valid .
    I have had a good patience, to wait with a release it is soon one year ago the last minor bugfix update. I do not want to dedicate time to a browser that is no longer in development, and the developer share minimal communcation about the project either, the telegram channel has not been update for very very long. And that update was more about how good v.44 was and that v55 was slower but it was good for mulitmedia sites.

Now when Ghello does not exist anymore Where is pyrope going to base their code on in future ? without ghello pyrope is pretty much dead right ?
    And the LineageOS browser is based on webview which make it a pure chrome browser under the hood (but slower performance)

Boolian

May 29, 2015
    Glasgow
    its not very nice and respectful letting many thosdands of people live with false hope also, the question remain will there every be a new update ? and in what year ?
    Many things have happen since last time it was released to begin with cyanogenmod does not exist anymore, the so called ghello that pyrope is based on does not exist anymore so the question is valid .
    I have had a good patience, to wait with a release it is soon one year ago the last minor bugfix update. I do not want to dedicate time to a browser that is no longer in development, and the developer share minimal communcation about the project either, the telegram channel has not been update for very very long. And that update was more about how good v.44 was and that v55 was slower but it was good for mulitmedia sites.

Now when Ghello does not exist anymore Where is pyrope going to base their code on in future ? without ghello pyrope is pretty much dead right ?
    And the LineageOS browser is based on webview which make it a pure chrome browser under the hood (but slower performance)

I would suggest sir, you take a chill pill and actually show respect. This sort of hysterical outburst is infantile.
    Try reading the thread and engaging brain. The answers to your questions are all there.
    Perhaps also try and learn to appreciate a gift for what it is and dry your tears.

blackinfinity

Dec 7, 2014
    [/HIDE]
    I would suggest sir, you take a chill pill and actually show respect. This sort of hysterical outburst is infantile.
    Try reading the thread and engaging brain. The answers to your questions are all there.
    Perhaps also try and learn to appreciate a gift for what it is and dry your tears.

I solved the problem, by install Yubrowser instead, while RSbrowser seem to be more up to date Yubrowser seem to be more optimized.

In jetstream benchmark YUbrowser wins so no reason to use Pyrope anymore.

YUbrowser

E9IwzPQ.jpg

Pyrope Browser
    cs0FTOW.jpg

RSBrowser
    YDL350J.jpg

Reactions: CCJ22

SDMU

Aug 20, 2015
    I solved the problem, by install Yubrowser instead, while RSbrowser seem to be more up to date Yubrowser seem to be more optimized.

In jetstream benchmark YUbrowser wins so no reason to use Pyrope anymore.

YUbrowser

Pyrope Browser

RSBrowser

Well this is the score I got using Pyrope , so instead of complaining about the browsers , you might want to take a look into your phone's condition :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170824-101317.png
      Screenshot_20170824-101317.png
      242.3 KB · Views: 801

blackinifinty

Nov 14, 2014
    Well this is the score I got using Pyrope , so instead of complaining about the browsers , you might want to take a look into your phone's condition :)

You can't compare my scores since we have different devices. You are not very clever. You must do the test all your self on your device. That you get better score on your device Says nothing. You will likely get a much higher score with YuBrowser also. Most likely similar increase in percentage.

Remember to cool down the cpu before each remember to close all other apps enable airplane mode and no screen time out.

wenck

Jan 8, 2011
    Gello browser saved password

Hello

Anybody knows how to read saved password for certain websites in Gello? i am on CM 13, LG G2...I have gone through all databases in data/data/org.cynogenmod.gello.browser with asqllitemanager but cant find it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Gello, the developed browser based on chromium / swe, directly from the CyanogenMod team is available for all 5.0+ devices. :D :D
      Optimized for Qualcomm® Snapdragon™*- Pyrope works on other devices which don't have a Snapdragon™ chip (Web Refiner Module not included)
      This app is based on chromium / swe and Cyanogemod, and it needs a proper build env to be compiled is like 40GB download and it takes a decent amount of time to download and compile. They don't make it that easy.

URscPNeoBnSPiqCsn0HBOHQOCI6Tnq7AQg5Gm4y0EBbFEAlYEOisxoLbsnH0xtnPmfEaIIag1w=w1920-h1080-rw-no

FEATURES

• Web Refiner- Filters advertisments for a cleaner and faster browsing experience
      • Incognito mode- Search in private with incognito mode, Pyrope will not record your history and cookies
      • Power saving mode- Improve battery life by restricting performance and certain functions
      • Night mode - inverted colors to rest your eyes
      • Immersive mode – make the browser fullscreen
      • Background audio - Video content can continue playing audio even when the browser is not active in foreground
      • Edge navigation - Navigate webpages by right swiping the left edge to go forward, left swiping the right edge to go back
      • LookLock - (prevent all the other apps to see / read the webview content)
      • Dynamic notification bar*- Status bar and navigation bar colour basing on the icon of the website you're visiting, providing a stunning visual experience.
      • Advanced WebPage sharing (Share page screenshot and link instead of link only)
      • Save webpages for offline reading
      • Supports Android 5.0 and above

UPCOMING FEATURES (in my modded version)
      (feature are suggest by the users!) (strike raw are add ;))
      -Integrated ad blocker
      -Downport to 5.0 devices -Downport to kitkat
      -Fix reload background tabs
      -DuckDuckGo in search engine menu
      -text rewrapping
      -Option "search this image on Google" (add search image on google home)
      -Ability to play Youtube when the screen is off
      -Google account sync http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/01/24/google-shuts-off-chrome-sync-api-third-party-browsers-android-citing-security-vulnerability/
      -Importing bookmarks
      -Bookmarks in default page
      -Automatic Translation
      -Read mode
      -Settings to increase the number of pages to keep in memory (now is set a two page because many users have a low device)
      -New tab and exit and clear button
      -option to move addressbar to bottom, for more easy to use one hand with large screen
      -play store link open in play store app of default

Play Store Link (Before to install delete gello/gello mod data and unistall gello mod and gello (system app) on your device

Pyrope telegram channel (for update, beta built, complete changelog and other)

LINK PYROPE LIGHT (4.1+) - OFFICIAL TREAD

MY VERSION CHANGELOG:
      V17:
      START RELESE
      •More compatible with other device (NOT ONLY CYANOGEMOD)
      V20:
      •Fix and stability
      V21:
      •AdBlock
      •DuckDuckGo in search engine menu
      •add search image on google home
      •optimization (I have reduce apk size more of 20 mb respect my previous version)
      V22:
      •new adblock conf. (He came back was too aggressive)
      •text rewrapping
      •new app name
      •fix and other
      V23:
      •Fix setting crash when system language is Russian or Spanish
      •improvements to the stability and the speed
      V25:
      •Fix Update by xda labs
      •App version changed
      •A bit of general cleanup and minor fixes
      V27:
      •bugs fix and code clearing
      V29:
      •new icon app Thanks to @t-ryder Plese follow and support their work in his site http://7-r.deviantart.com/
      •google encrypted as default search engine
      V30:
      •the new icon now are centrate
      •bugs fix
      V33:
      •downport to 5.0+ device
      •increase res of shared images
      V34:
      •new adblock config.
      •bugs fix
      V38:
      • changed name on "Pyrope"
      •new UI
      •new icon app Thanks to @t-ryder Plese follow and support their work in his site http://7-r.deviantart.com/
      •increase res of shared images
      •bug fix
      V40:
      •add suggestion in the URL bar
      •replace google encrypted with google as default search engine
      •traslation import
      •varius bug fixed!
      V40:
      •add startpage search engine
      • bug fix

store_top_1024x500.png

KNOWN BUG:
      -Adblock work only with snapdragon device, I now stay work to version beta to fix it, the problem is in the chronium source update see the post #724http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=68515224&postcount=724
      FROM CODE AURORA FORUM
      WebRefiner libraries
      1.The libraries listed in src/components/web_refiner/ (downloaded during the 'gclient sync' phase) are built on top of SWE based on Chromium version M42. Attempting to use these libraries in any other version of chromium will result in instability.
      2.libswewebrefiner.so is built with dependency on libswe.so. If you are changing the chromium library name to something else in your project, then libswewebrefiner.so library loading will simply fail at runtime.
      3.Libraries support ARM and ARM64 architecture only.

OLD VERSION:

SCREENSHOT:
      YeuTflTbxhqw2Vy1b-3R1y9Q-VGnlxsXMtvZ8zBcyujvdzV0UnDgaklkn_3maMxWGdS6CK7weg=w1920-h1080-rw-no

l1cycwRYGQNm4SJGbRT6azqYTbtccKyqlbefdEuhH7qQwjyPXx49UAaqMNSs76Smu9WCytYiDw=w1920-h1080-rw-no

3U0h03Pb_X7BrjkJD9DKX5zuXKFDknOMEv-1wB_tJW75yMdd9VKV3EjA60SZWk6r4OEvlGNGzQ=w1920-h1080-rw-no

z-g1GpveqZ44pyI5fB51GTucYm4yfAtH4hCyCgr8C1ZJx4s8tIapY-UNk5ozlwk4mDdDWxpCRg=w1920-h1080-rw-no

D-pHZigyYpkiHODYL_vg_D3RPJdf0HaG-ntAjxdvD8YD7seVX1VOKXe6BpY8hIkFmA7BuPaE8w=w1920-h1080-rw-no

BENCHMARK:
      With Vellamo:
      benchmark.png

OCTANE BENCHMARK : HERE

SOURCE CODE:
      Gello Official
      Chromium Source
      For information: GOOGLE + OFFICIAL GELLO

SPECIAL CREDITS:
      Lineageos team and dev JoeyRizzoli : for the work in official Gello
      @t-ryder, @netinetinet David Garner, Ervin Vass, Vicente Fernandez Guerra, Hemant Karandikar, Ian Kinnell and Воронин Роман, Michael Crider: for donation and support for publish app on play store.
      @t-ryder : for new app icon and graphic - plese follow and support their work in his site http://7-r.deviantart.com/
      @secretkloud : for help with graphic
      @4Freedom : for help me with benchmark screen
      @D.R-Ult.Googler @aditya7051 : 5.0 beta tester
      exynos and mediatek beta tester - working

Pyrope browser is on play store :fingers-crossed:

KwzIY1FEKUy91aCBdHrWnUZfDvLsC-mXROHcWOg5CYvr8azWPixjgRQCaVDY5TgW_5uu=w300-rw

its the version of gello mod for play store, with new feature, new UI, and new icon! made by @t-ryder :D

Pyrope have a new sign and android package!
      if have gello, gello mod or both, Please follow this step before starting the installation:
      • delete the data of gello mod or gello
      • unistall gello mod
      • unistall gello (its a system app use Link2sd or similar)

Play store link

I would be very happy if you leave 5 stars, thanks :good:
      if you have any problems please contact me and we will find a solution! :angel:

tomorrow I relese the pyrope light version, with light UI and for compatible with kitkat devices :D
      Are there any plans to update the base chromium version of this browser?

Thanks!

https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/154784/
      I think cm/lineage is finally switching to their own fork of chromium which is more up to date (55.0.2883.105) so this should be good news for gello security.

Agree adblocking is essential, I have exynos handset and lack of blocking is the one thing stopping me using this browser. Is there any beta testing I could do to help @Ninnix96 bring this browser to exynos with blocking enabled? I'd love to help where possible particularly as the one blocking browser adblock browser is resource intensive and sometimes crashes, pyrope is definitely the better browser.

I have starting to a 55 version of pyrope, ad block for all and I hope Google sync for all!
      I woder why we have other lanugage values ,but it didnt show up?
      solution?

you what you mean? The CyanogenMod team is now working more or less only to translations

Gello Mod Downport to 5.0 devices!

NEW VERSION

V33:
      • downport to 5.0+ device - thanks to beta tester @D.R-Ult.Googler @aditya7051
      • increase res of shared images(cyanogemod)
      • minor bugs fix

LINK V33

Gello Mod v 30 has far exceeded 4500 downloads without counting those who are upgrading from xda labs, I can not wait that we will be on the play store! Now we can get on even more devices!

thank you, the merit is yours! :)

next version are a beta for mediatek and exynos device!
      NEW VERSION OUT:

• V34:
      • new adblock config
      • bugs fix

LINK GELLO MOD 34
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone