[APP][5.0+][Chromium/gello(CM)] Pyrope Browser - Browser with integrated AdBlock

Search This thread

Ninnix96

Aug 23, 2014
Rome
Xiaomi Poco F3
Gello, the developed browser based on chromium / swe, directly from the CyanogenMod team is available for all 5.0+ devices. :D :D
Optimized for Qualcomm® Snapdragon™*- Pyrope works on other devices which don't have a Snapdragon™ chip (Web Refiner Module not included)
This app is based on chromium / swe and Cyanogemod, and it needs a proper build env to be compiled is like 40GB download and it takes a decent amount of time to download and compile. They don't make it that easy.

URscPNeoBnSPiqCsn0HBOHQOCI6Tnq7AQg5Gm4y0EBbFEAlYEOisxoLbsnH0xtnPmfEaIIag1w=w1920-h1080-rw-no

FEATURES

• Web Refiner- Filters advertisments for a cleaner and faster browsing experience
• Incognito mode- Search in private with incognito mode, Pyrope will not record your history and cookies
• Power saving mode- Improve battery life by restricting performance and certain functions
• Night mode - inverted colors to rest your eyes
• Immersive mode – make the browser fullscreen
• Background audio - Video content can continue playing audio even when the browser is not active in foreground
• Edge navigation - Navigate webpages by right swiping the left edge to go forward, left swiping the right edge to go back
• LookLock - (prevent all the other apps to see / read the webview content)
• Dynamic notification bar*- Status bar and navigation bar colour basing on the icon of the website you're visiting, providing a stunning visual experience.
• Advanced WebPage sharing (Share page screenshot and link instead of link only)
• Save webpages for offline reading
• Supports Android 5.0 and above

UPCOMING FEATURES (in my modded version)
(feature are suggest by the users!) (strike raw are add ;))
-Integrated ad blocker
-Downport to 5.0 devices -Downport to kitkat
-Fix reload background tabs
-DuckDuckGo in search engine menu
-text rewrapping
-Option "search this image on Google" (add search image on google home)
-Ability to play Youtube when the screen is off
-Google account sync http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/01/24/google-shuts-off-chrome-sync-api-third-party-browsers-android-citing-security-vulnerability/
-Importing bookmarks
-Bookmarks in default page
-Automatic Translation
-Read mode
-Settings to increase the number of pages to keep in memory (now is set a two page because many users have a low device)
-New tab and exit and clear button
-option to move addressbar to bottom, for more easy to use one hand with large screen
-play store link open in play store app of default

Play Store Link (Before to install delete gello/gello mod data and unistall gello mod and gello (system app) on your device

Pyrope telegram channel (for update, beta built, complete changelog and other)

LINK PYROPE LIGHT (4.1+) - OFFICIAL TREAD

MY VERSION CHANGELOG:
V17:
START RELESE
•More compatible with other device (NOT ONLY CYANOGEMOD)
V20:
•Fix and stability
V21:
•AdBlock
•DuckDuckGo in search engine menu
•add search image on google home
•optimization (I have reduce apk size more of 20 mb respect my previous version)
V22:
•new adblock conf. (He came back was too aggressive)
•text rewrapping
•new app name
•fix and other
V23:
•Fix setting crash when system language is Russian or Spanish
•improvements to the stability and the speed
V25:
•Fix Update by xda labs
•App version changed
•A bit of general cleanup and minor fixes
V27:
•bugs fix and code clearing
V29:
•new icon app Thanks to @t-ryder Plese follow and support their work in his site http://7-r.deviantart.com/
•google encrypted as default search engine
V30:
•the new icon now are centrate
•bugs fix
V33:
•downport to 5.0+ device
•increase res of shared images
V34:
•new adblock config.
•bugs fix
V38:
• changed name on "Pyrope"
•new UI
•new icon app Thanks to @t-ryder Plese follow and support their work in his site http://7-r.deviantart.com/
•bug fix
V40:
•add suggestion in the URL bar
•replace google encrypted with google as default search engine
•traslation import
•varius bug fixed!
V40:
•add startpage search engine
• bug fix

store_top_1024x500.png

KNOWN BUG:
-Adblock work only with snapdragon device, I now stay work to version beta to fix it, the problem is in the chronium source update see the post #724http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=68515224&postcount=724
FROM CODE AURORA FORUM
WebRefiner libraries
1.The libraries listed in src/components/web_refiner/ (downloaded during the 'gclient sync' phase) are built on top of SWE based on Chromium version M42. Attempting to use these libraries in any other version of chromium will result in instability.
2.libswewebrefiner.so is built with dependency on libswe.so. If you are changing the chromium library name to something else in your project, then libswewebrefiner.so library loading will simply fail at runtime.
3.Libraries support ARM and ARM64 architecture only.

OLD VERSION:

SCREENSHOT:
YeuTflTbxhqw2Vy1b-3R1y9Q-VGnlxsXMtvZ8zBcyujvdzV0UnDgaklkn_3maMxWGdS6CK7weg=w1920-h1080-rw-no

l1cycwRYGQNm4SJGbRT6azqYTbtccKyqlbefdEuhH7qQwjyPXx49UAaqMNSs76Smu9WCytYiDw=w1920-h1080-rw-no

3U0h03Pb_X7BrjkJD9DKX5zuXKFDknOMEv-1wB_tJW75yMdd9VKV3EjA60SZWk6r4OEvlGNGzQ=w1920-h1080-rw-no

z-g1GpveqZ44pyI5fB51GTucYm4yfAtH4hCyCgr8C1ZJx4s8tIapY-UNk5ozlwk4mDdDWxpCRg=w1920-h1080-rw-no

D-pHZigyYpkiHODYL_vg_D3RPJdf0HaG-ntAjxdvD8YD7seVX1VOKXe6BpY8hIkFmA7BuPaE8w=w1920-h1080-rw-no

BENCHMARK:
With Vellamo:
benchmark.png

OCTANE BENCHMARK : HERE

SOURCE CODE:
Gello Official
Chromium Source
For information: GOOGLE + OFFICIAL GELLO

SPECIAL CREDITS:
Lineageos team and dev JoeyRizzoli : for the work in official Gello
@t-ryder, @netinetinet David Garner, Ervin Vass, Vicente Fernandez Guerra, Hemant Karandikar, Ian Kinnell and Воронин Роман, Michael Crider: for donation and support for publish app on play store.
@t-ryder : for new app icon and graphic - plese follow and support their work in his site http://7-r.deviantart.com/
@secretkloud : for help with graphic
@4Freedom : for help me with benchmark screen
@D.R-Ult.Googler @aditya7051 : 5.0 beta tester
exynos and mediatek beta tester - working

Last edited:

Mediatrucbar

May 13, 2016
Hi,

I download an .apk with this link :
HTML:
https://maven.cyanogenmod.org/artifactory/gello_prebuilds/org/cyanogenmod/gello/

For me, it's by far the best browser i ever try. But I can't choose DuckDuckGo in search engine menu. However, I see it on an old video and on a screenshot. Is it normal ?

Reactions: samikov and renoda1

Ninnix96

Aug 23, 2014
Rome
Xiaomi Poco F3
Very goog Browser ! Thanks !
Will you make other build when the Gello source will update ?

yes i mod and upload every update by the cyanogenmod team! :laugh::good:

Hi, I can't install it. It gives an error when is parsing the package.

I'm running 5.0.

thanks for feed, i search made it compatible with 5.0 devices!

Yeah I believe that Gello requires Android 6.x ie: CM13

Sent From My SM-N910W8 Running CMRemix 6.01

Hi,

I download an .apk with this link :
HTML:
https://maven.cyanogenmod.org/artifactory/gello_prebuilds/org/cyanogenmod/gello/

For me, it's by far the best browser i ever try. But I can't choose DuckDuckGo in search engine menu. However, I see it on an old video and on a screenshot. Is it normal ?

download my gello its the last built, u can change in setting search engine... try set DuckDuckGo as home

The browser with the smoothest scrolling on my S6 on MM! Night mode is excellent and doesn't affect images.
Well done!

thanks for feed, im happy to listen it :fingers-crossed::good:

Mediatrucbar

May 13, 2016
download my gello its the last built, u can change in setting search engine... try set DuckDuckGo as home

I try it but that doesn't fix my issue. In fact, my phone uses French languages. When I use English, I can choose DuckDuckGo. I look your sources codes, and in /res/values-fr-rFR/donotttranslate-search_engines.xml , I don't have DuckDuckGo :

Code:
<resources xmlns:xliff="urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.2">
  <string-array name="search_engines" translatable="false">
    <item>google</item>
    <item>yahoo_fr</item>
    <item>bing_fr_FR</item>
  </string-array>
</resources>

I am not sure it's the real problem because DuckDuckGo already appear in /res/values/donotttranslate-search_engines.xml

Code:
<resources xmlns:xliff="urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.2">
  <string-array name="search_engines" translatable="false">
    <item>google</item>
    <item>baidu</item>
    <item>yahoo</item>
    <item>bing</item>
    <item>DuckDuckGo</item>
  </string-array>
  <string name="default_search_engine_value">google</string>
</resources>

In spite of that, I adopt this browser.

Reactions: grusta and Ninnix96

Ninnix96

Aug 23, 2014
Rome
Xiaomi Poco F3

Borkse

Jun 30, 2015
A few points that I want to note:
-Where is the 'promised' integrated ad blocker? Was it just removed or will it be implemented in a future version
-Why does this browser needs to reload background tabs when accessing them? In this way opening many tabs in the background is almost completely useless, when you have to rely on the short amount of available mobile data
-Saving pages for offline reading is nice. However, I miss a swipe feature to change quickly between the different pages. Also there is no way to delete all of them at once?
-What is the actual impact of the energy mode? Any ideas?

Is there a way to get directly into touch with the developers? Is there a official board of CM and if yes, where do I find it?

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
-Where is the 'promised' integrated ad blocker? Was it just removed or will it be implemented in a future version
-Why does this browser needs to reload background tabs when accessing them? In this way opening many tabs in the background is almost completely useless, when you have to rely on the short amount of available mobile data
-Saving pages for offline reading is nice. However, I miss a swipe feature to change quickly between the different pages. Also there is no way to delete all of them at once?

Is there a way to get directly into touch with the developers? Is there a official board of CM and if yes, where do I find it?
You may want to read the OP again.... BTW - You're post comes across as being a little demanding..... ?

Last edited:
Reactions: turilo

Ninnix96

Aug 23, 2014
Rome
Xiaomi Poco F3
You may want to read the OP again.... BTW - You're post comes across as being a little demanding.....

-adblock will be added in the coming built but already you can find something in security and privacy
-you probably have some apps that you clean your cache
-there isn'tbut i can add it
-It restricts the use of CPU and RAM to devote to the browser as well as other
- U CAN FIND ALL ON :

GOOGLE PLUS OF THE CM DEV

GITHUB

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Gello

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_external_gello_build

THANKS A LOT

Borkse

Jun 30, 2015
Sry, didn't mean to be demanding. I think the browser is well done already, just wanted to express a few of my personal observations. Never intended to be offensive.

I read the OP, however, I am not a user of google+ so it's hard to get into touch with the devs over there

- Adblock would be great, I'm looking forward to this feature.
- I don't use any apps to clean the cache. So, is this behavior that background tabs are reloaded when accessing them supposed to be unnormal?
-Would be great if it could be added. Thank you!
- Alright, so I shouldn't open to many tabs in energy mode, right?

Thank you so far!

Last edited:
Reactions: shaggyskunk

kryshnakishore

Aug 19, 2015
Hyderabad, India
1.default page showing bookmarks
2.tabs must not refresh when switching
3.tab button should be handy
4.google account sync (if possible)
5.ad blocker
6.exit button
7.importing bookmarks

Sent from my OnePlus One using XDA Labs

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gello, the developed browser based on chromium / swe, directly from the CyanogenMod team is available for all 5.0+ devices. :D :D
    Optimized for Qualcomm® Snapdragon™*- Pyrope works on other devices which don't have a Snapdragon™ chip (Web Refiner Module not included)
    This app is based on chromium / swe and Cyanogemod, and it needs a proper build env to be compiled is like 40GB download and it takes a decent amount of time to download and compile. They don't make it that easy.

URscPNeoBnSPiqCsn0HBOHQOCI6Tnq7AQg5Gm4y0EBbFEAlYEOisxoLbsnH0xtnPmfEaIIag1w=w1920-h1080-rw-no

FEATURES

• Web Refiner- Filters advertisments for a cleaner and faster browsing experience
    • Incognito mode- Search in private with incognito mode, Pyrope will not record your history and cookies
    • Power saving mode- Improve battery life by restricting performance and certain functions
    • Night mode - inverted colors to rest your eyes
    • Immersive mode – make the browser fullscreen
    • Background audio - Video content can continue playing audio even when the browser is not active in foreground
    • Edge navigation - Navigate webpages by right swiping the left edge to go forward, left swiping the right edge to go back
    • LookLock - (prevent all the other apps to see / read the webview content)
    • Dynamic notification bar*- Status bar and navigation bar colour basing on the icon of the website you're visiting, providing a stunning visual experience.
    • Advanced WebPage sharing (Share page screenshot and link instead of link only)
    • Save webpages for offline reading
    • Supports Android 5.0 and above

UPCOMING FEATURES (in my modded version)
    (feature are suggest by the users!) (strike raw are add ;))
    -Integrated ad blocker
    -Downport to 5.0 devices -Downport to kitkat
    -Fix reload background tabs
    -DuckDuckGo in search engine menu
    -text rewrapping
    -Option "search this image on Google" (add search image on google home)
    -Ability to play Youtube when the screen is off
    -Google account sync http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/01/24/google-shuts-off-chrome-sync-api-third-party-browsers-android-citing-security-vulnerability/
    -Importing bookmarks
    -Bookmarks in default page
    -Automatic Translation
    -Read mode
    -Settings to increase the number of pages to keep in memory (now is set a two page because many users have a low device)
    -New tab and exit and clear button
    -option to move addressbar to bottom, for more easy to use one hand with large screen
    -play store link open in play store app of default

Play Store Link (Before to install delete gello/gello mod data and unistall gello mod and gello (system app) on your device

Pyrope telegram channel (for update, beta built, complete changelog and other)

LINK PYROPE LIGHT (4.1+) - OFFICIAL TREAD

MY VERSION CHANGELOG:
    V17:
    START RELESE
    •More compatible with other device (NOT ONLY CYANOGEMOD)
    V20:
    •Fix and stability
    V21:
    •AdBlock
    •DuckDuckGo in search engine menu
    •add search image on google home
    •optimization (I have reduce apk size more of 20 mb respect my previous version)
    V22:
    •new adblock conf. (He came back was too aggressive)
    •text rewrapping
    •new app name
    •fix and other
    V23:
    •Fix setting crash when system language is Russian or Spanish
    •improvements to the stability and the speed
    V25:
    •Fix Update by xda labs
    •App version changed
    •A bit of general cleanup and minor fixes
    V27:
    •bugs fix and code clearing
    V29:
    •google encrypted as default search engine
    V30:
    •the new icon now are centrate
    •bugs fix
    V33:
    •downport to 5.0+ device
    V34:
    •new adblock config.
    •bugs fix
    V38:
    • changed name on "Pyrope"
    •new UI
    •bug fix
    V40:
    •add suggestion in the URL bar
    •replace google encrypted with google as default search engine
    •traslation import
    •varius bug fixed!
    V40:
    •add startpage search engine
    • bug fix

store_top_1024x500.png

KNOWN BUG:
    -Adblock work only with snapdragon device, I now stay work to version beta to fix it, the problem is in the chronium source update see the post #724http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=68515224&postcount=724
    FROM CODE AURORA FORUM
    WebRefiner libraries
    1.The libraries listed in src/components/web_refiner/ (downloaded during the 'gclient sync' phase) are built on top of SWE based on Chromium version M42. Attempting to use these libraries in any other version of chromium will result in instability.
    2.libswewebrefiner.so is built with dependency on libswe.so. If you are changing the chromium library name to something else in your project, then libswewebrefiner.so library loading will simply fail at runtime.
    3.Libraries support ARM and ARM64 architecture only.

OLD VERSION:

SCREENSHOT:
    YeuTflTbxhqw2Vy1b-3R1y9Q-VGnlxsXMtvZ8zBcyujvdzV0UnDgaklkn_3maMxWGdS6CK7weg=w1920-h1080-rw-no

l1cycwRYGQNm4SJGbRT6azqYTbtccKyqlbefdEuhH7qQwjyPXx49UAaqMNSs76Smu9WCytYiDw=w1920-h1080-rw-no

3U0h03Pb_X7BrjkJD9DKX5zuXKFDknOMEv-1wB_tJW75yMdd9VKV3EjA60SZWk6r4OEvlGNGzQ=w1920-h1080-rw-no

z-g1GpveqZ44pyI5fB51GTucYm4yfAtH4hCyCgr8C1ZJx4s8tIapY-UNk5ozlwk4mDdDWxpCRg=w1920-h1080-rw-no

D-pHZigyYpkiHODYL_vg_D3RPJdf0HaG-ntAjxdvD8YD7seVX1VOKXe6BpY8hIkFmA7BuPaE8w=w1920-h1080-rw-no

BENCHMARK:
    With Vellamo:
    benchmark.png

OCTANE BENCHMARK : HERE

SOURCE CODE:
    Gello Official
    Chromium Source
    For information: GOOGLE + OFFICIAL GELLO

SPECIAL CREDITS:
    Lineageos team and dev JoeyRizzoli : for the work in official Gello
    @t-ryder, @netinetinet David Garner, Ervin Vass, Vicente Fernandez Guerra, Hemant Karandikar, Ian Kinnell and Воронин Роман, Michael Crider: for donation and support for publish app on play store.
    @t-ryder : for new app icon and graphic - plese follow and support their work in his site http://7-r.deviantart.com/
    @secretkloud : for help with graphic
    @4Freedom : for help me with benchmark screen
    @D.R-Ult.Googler @aditya7051 : 5.0 beta tester
    exynos and mediatek beta tester - working

Pyrope browser is on play store :fingers-crossed:

KwzIY1FEKUy91aCBdHrWnUZfDvLsC-mXROHcWOg5CYvr8azWPixjgRQCaVDY5TgW_5uu=w300-rw

its the version of gello mod for play store, with new feature, new UI, and new icon! made by @t-ryder :D

Pyrope have a new sign and android package!
    if have gello, gello mod or both, Please follow this step before starting the installation:
    • delete the data of gello mod or gello
    • unistall gello mod
    • unistall gello (its a system app use Link2sd or similar)

Play store link

I would be very happy if you leave 5 stars, thanks :good:
    if you have any problems please contact me and we will find a solution! :angel:

tomorrow I relese the pyrope light version, with light UI and for compatible with kitkat devices :D
    Are there any plans to update the base chromium version of this browser?

Thanks!

https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/154784/
    I think cm/lineage is finally switching to their own fork of chromium which is more up to date (55.0.2883.105) so this should be good news for gello security.

Agree adblocking is essential, I have exynos handset and lack of blocking is the one thing stopping me using this browser. Is there any beta testing I could do to help @Ninnix96 bring this browser to exynos with blocking enabled? I'd love to help where possible particularly as the one blocking browser adblock browser is resource intensive and sometimes crashes, pyrope is definitely the better browser.

I have starting to a 55 version of pyrope, ad block for all and I hope Google sync for all!
    I woder why we have other lanugage values ,but it didnt show up?
    solution?

you what you mean? The CyanogenMod team is now working more or less only to translations

Gello Mod Downport to 5.0 devices!

NEW VERSION

V33:
    • downport to 5.0+ device - thanks to beta tester @D.R-Ult.Googler @aditya7051
    • increase res of shared images(cyanogemod)
    • minor bugs fix

LINK V33

Gello Mod v 30 has far exceeded 4500 downloads without counting those who are upgrading from xda labs, I can not wait that we will be on the play store! Now we can get on even more devices!

thank you, the merit is yours! :)

next version are a beta for mediatek and exynos device!
    NEW VERSION OUT:

• V34:
    • new adblock config
    • bugs fix

LINK GELLO MOD 34