[App] [5.0+] CM12.1 Gallery Apk (1.1 update!)

Search This thread

Brad331

May 16, 2012
Berkeley
bradshacks.com
Cyanogenmod 12.1 / AOSP Gallery app for any Lollipop device!
This is the CyanogenMod 12.1 Gallery2.apk with Material Design compiled directly from CM sources.

Installation:
Just download and install the apk.

Compatibility:
  • Compatible with all ROMs Android 5.0+. (tested on Xperia Z Ultra running 5.1 GPe port and Nexus 5 running BoostPop and ParanoidAndroid)
  • Does not require root.
I would really appreciate it if you could report in the comments whether the app works on your device.

Why would you need this?
AOSP ROMs like CyanogenMod and Euphoria OS: already included, will only overwrite the preinstalled version.
Google stock ROMs (Nexus and GPe): not included, feel feel to try.
Other OEM ROMs like TouchWiz: not included, feel free to try.
Other minimalistic ROMs (like BoostPop) that don't bundle the AOSP Gallery: not included, feel free to try.

Screenshots

Credits
I take zero credit for this apk. I did not write the code - I merely compiled it from CM's source with integrated libraries. All credit goes to the Android Open Source Project and CyanogenMod.
Since I did not actually write the code, I might not be able to solve any of your issues with it.

Download
No mirrors please!

Last edited:

bondlolo

Oct 4, 2012
Could it be possible that you manage to get the cm12 sms app? I can't root my phone so I can't install the app pulled directly from the rom.zip :/ thanks.

senthilvsr

Apr 12, 2013
Tiruppur
Well, can anyone mod the app to have both Vertical scroll and Horizontal scroll. People prefer vertical over horizontal. Like the 'Vertical Gallery' in play store has that option, but it is not material design yet.

mailme2nani

Jul 18, 2015
Thanks for responding.
Unfortunately my Gallery App was deleted when playing with Titanium Backup

Sent from my SM-N910C using XDA Free mobile app

creeve4

Jan 5, 2011
Bountiful
Copied to system/app and set permissions to 0644, but when I attempt to edit an image it force closes.
I imagine this is due to missing lib's, although I do see that they are included in the apk, any ideas?

I have a Nexus 5 running stock 5.1.1.

Brad331

May 16, 2012
Berkeley
bradshacks.com
Copied to system/app and set permissions to 0644, but when I attempt to edit an image it force closes.
I imagine this is due to missing lib's, although I do see that they are included in the apk, any ideas?

The easiest easy is to just install the apk instead of dropping it in /system/app. The apk has been packaged in a way so that the libs get installed automatically.

Reactions: Herk718 and creeve4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cyanogenmod 12.1 / AOSP Gallery app for any Lollipop device!
    This is the CyanogenMod 12.1 Gallery2.apk with Material Design compiled directly from CM sources.

Installation:
    Just download and install the apk.

Compatibility:
    • Compatible with all ROMs Android 5.0+. (tested on Xperia Z Ultra running 5.1 GPe port and Nexus 5 running BoostPop and ParanoidAndroid)
    • Does not require root.
    I would really appreciate it if you could report in the comments whether the app works on your device.

Why would you need this?
    AOSP ROMs like CyanogenMod and Euphoria OS: already included, will only overwrite the preinstalled version.
    Google stock ROMs (Nexus and GPe): not included, feel feel to try.
    Other OEM ROMs like TouchWiz: not included, feel free to try.
    Other minimalistic ROMs (like BoostPop) that don't bundle the AOSP Gallery: not included, feel free to try.

Screenshots

Credits
    I take zero credit for this apk. I did not write the code - I merely compiled it from CM's source with integrated libraries. All credit goes to the Android Open Source Project and CyanogenMod.
    Since I did not actually write the code, I might not be able to solve any of your issues with it.

Download
    No mirrors please!
    Changelog

Feb 10, 2015 - Version 1.0
    • Added libs to enable image editing features.

Jul 26, 2015 - Version 1.1
    • Updated to CM12.1 sources.
    • Updated translations.
    Working on nexus 6 marshmallow purenexus rom
    It worked....nexus 6 running latest Pure Nexus rom and EX kernel. Thank you

The easiest easy is to just install the apk instead of dropping it in /system/app. The apk has been packaged in a way so that the libs get installed automatically.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone