[APP][5.0+] Custom Quick Settings - Add quick settings on STOCK

Search This thread

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
Default quick settings not enough for you? Add app links, web links and custom toggles to your quick settings without root (on Android 6.0+, root or ADB permission grant is required on Android 5.0/5.1) using Custom Quick Settings

Please note that some OEMs, such as Samsung, LG and HTC, may disable the use of this app on their firmware. You will need a custom ROM that is based on AOSP (including CyanogenMod) to use this app if that is the case with your device

Features
- Over 40 custom toggles, including screen timeout, adaptive brightness and NFC (NFC requires root or secure setting access)
- Launch apps, shortcuts*, app shortcuts, websites, show app widgets*, automatically click on widgets*, run commands* and launch activities* on click (* requires pro)
- Fully customise tiles with icons, titles, and multiple states, which can be switched between automatically by changes
- (Android 7.0+, secure/root required): Customise your quick settings panel by hiding the brightness slider, changing the tile count (when collapsed) and disabling animations
- (Android 5.0 only, root/secure required): Rearrange and delete stock tiles, take full control of your quick settings

Xposed/CM support
Opens tile detail with weather, battery information and a calculator (Xposed only)

Actions include:
- Launch apps
- Launch shortcuts, including tasker tasks (Pro version only)
- Launch app shortcuts, static and dynamic (dynamic requires Android 7.1+ and root)
- Click widget (for toggle/action widgets such as Twilight) [Pro]
- Show widget (shows widget in a dialog) [Pro]
- Launch URL
- Custom settings toggle (WiFi, Screen timeout, Bluetooth, WiFi Hotspot, Sync, Adaptive Brightness, Sound, Music Controls)
- Custom root/secure settings toggle (Invert Colours, Location, ADB, Immersive Mode, Ambient Display)
- Custom root toggle (Airplane Mode, Celullar Data, Screenshot, Shutdown, Reboot, Reboot Recovery, Quick Reboot, Restart SystemUI, Network Mode [2G, 3G, LTE])
- Live toggles (Displays data in title & icon): CPU speed, Free RAM, Internal Storage Space, Battery, Data Usage, Next Alarm, # of calendar events today, Calendar next event*, calculator*, BBC weather*, Yahoo! weather*)
- Advanced options: Launch activity (with extras, can launch any activity with root), run command, run root command (all pro)
- Advanced click options: Change System, Secure or Global setting value (requires secure/root for secure & global, as well as pro) - Allows you to change any setting in the system, therefore creating tiles for any system setting

Screenshots

Download from Google Play Store
Download from APKMirror
XDA Labs download is being updated when the dashboard plays ball

Last edited:

peterbonge

Sep 16, 2006
Really a great app, but somehow many icons have quirks. Many round parts have flat parts. E.g. the heads of no. 3 and 4 are not really round.
Or is that intention?

And a search or filter function for the icons would really be nice. It's not so nice to scroll through so much icons, especially without a scroll bar. You never know where you are.

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Really a great app, but somehow many icons have quirks. Many round parts have flat parts. E.g. the heads of no. 3 and 4 are not really round.
Or is that intention?

And a search or filter function for the icons would really be nice. It's not so nice to scroll through so much icons, especially without a scroll bar. You never know where you are.

Icons are fixed in the update, I also added sticky headers so you know where you are

Reactions: Ryhau

dave2metz

Oct 10, 2010
Clearwater, Florida
Hi there. I just read about your app on Android Police. It sounded great so I downloaded the free version to try it out. I'm sure I will get the paid version also. I'm going to mess around and make a few tiles. I'll return to give you my thoughts. Not that my opinion makes any difference. Lol. Thanks

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Tasker Intent Guide

Here's how you use Tasker's intent action to change a tile's state:

Add an Intent action and enter the following in the correct inputs:

Action:
com.quinny898.app.customquicksettings.CHANGE_TILE_STATE
Cat:
None
Extras:
tile:<Name or number of tile>, eg tile:Hangouts or tile:0
active:true/false, eg active:true (true = tile is white, false = tile is greyed out)
Package:
com.quinny898.app.customquicksettings
Class:
com.quinny898.app.customquicksettings.receivers.Tasker
Target:
Broadcast Receiver

Leave the rest of the options as their defaults (empty)

Screenshots of example:
32j90YN.png
o0GEykK.png
ZaCsIDU.png

peterbonge

Sep 16, 2006
Some issues:

1. Changing the color of "Adaptive Brightness" toggle icon doesn't work.
2. Same with the "Flashlight" toggle. And the first time I've tested the "Flashlight" toggle I wasn't able to switch off the flashlight. It went off only after opening the app.
3. The icon search feature isn't very useful. It shows only max. 5 results and it always starts at the beginning of the name. So you can't enter "auto" to find "brightness auto". Even with "brightness" you don't find it. You have to enter at least "brightness a" to find it.
Maybe a filter function would be better. And it should look in the whole name.
4. There are still some broken icons: Cancel, Headphone Dots, No, Question Mark Circle

Some requests (seen in another app):

5. Support for app icons would really be great.
6. It would surely be very handy if selecting an action would also set the corresponding icon.

Reactions: joeyhuab

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Some issues:

2. Same with the "Flashlight" toggle. And the first time I've tested the "Flashlight" toggle I wasn't able to switch off the flashlight. It went off only after opening the app.
3. The icon search feature isn't very useful. It shows only max. 5 results and it always starts at the beginning of the name. So you can't enter "auto" to find "brightness auto". Even with "brightness" you don't find it. You have to enter at least "brightness a" to find it.
4. There are still some broken icons: Cancel, Headphone Dots, No, Question Mark Circle

6. It would surely be very handy if selecting an action would also set the corresponding icon.

1. Is in the process of being fixed
2. is intentional, it's not supported right now
3. The library that does the sections doesn't support filtering (it's a bug in it right now) so maybe later
4. Working on it
5. Maybe soon
6. Same as 5

swallowingled

Dec 23, 2013
IN

Action:
Cat:
None
Extras:
active:true/false, eg active:true (true = tile is white, false = tile is greyed out)
Package:
Class:
Target:
Broadcast Receiver

Screenshots of example:
32j90YN.png
o0GEykK.png
ZaCsIDU.png

I'm assuming there's no way for this to work for the built in toggles or root toggles? I would have to create my own Tasker task and include this intent?
Also, the adaptive brightness toggle doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
I'm assuming there's no way for this to work for the built in toggles or root toggles? I would have to create my own Tasker task and include this intent?
Also, the adaptive brightness toggle doesn't seem to work.

It works for any custom tile theoretically. It would look weird if you set a custom icon that was multi colour though.

The tile does work, it just doesn't react, it's a bug.

Reactions: cabracorax

swallowingled

Dec 23, 2013
IN
It works for any custom tile theoretically. It would look weird if you set a custom icon that was multi colour though.

The tile does work, it just doesn't react, it's a bug.

I did get the intent working to change the tile color when NFC is toggled.
Yes, your'e right. The adaptive brightness tile works it just doesn't change the toggle in the Android settings, which is fine with me.

Great app, the pro version is definitely worth the price. Thanks!

mda120

Dec 2, 2014
Great app, thanks! But when I click on the volume tile, it opens the media volume panel instead of the ringer. Don't know if this is a bug but if not, could you please add the option to open ringer panel? Thanks

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
same here! :( this app seems very promising, thanks to OP first of all, but also in my z3c I have FC when applying the new tile (I'm on version 1.4 and I am rooted, sony concept rom that should be almost pure aosp).

will a log be helpful for you? if so can I just grab it with syslog app maybe?

TIA!

paroulis

Sep 23, 2010
Chalkida -Evia
@Quinny899
I have purchased the pro features of the app but the colour of tiles (nfc, sync, ...etc) doesn't change when change the state of these. Basically, this is something that makes useless the application because the user can not know in what state is the function chosen :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Default quick settings not enough for you? Add app links, web links and custom toggles to your quick settings without root (on Android 6.0+, root or ADB permission grant is required on Android 5.0/5.1) using Custom Quick Settings

Please note that some OEMs, such as Samsung, LG and HTC, may disable the use of this app on their firmware. You will need a custom ROM that is based on AOSP (including CyanogenMod) to use this app if that is the case with your device

Features
    - Over 40 custom toggles, including screen timeout, adaptive brightness and NFC (NFC requires root or secure setting access)
    - Launch apps, shortcuts*, app shortcuts, websites, show app widgets*, automatically click on widgets*, run commands* and launch activities* on click (* requires pro)
    - Fully customise tiles with icons, titles, and multiple states, which can be switched between automatically by changes
    - (Android 7.0+, secure/root required): Customise your quick settings panel by hiding the brightness slider, changing the tile count (when collapsed) and disabling animations
    - (Android 5.0 only, root/secure required): Rearrange and delete stock tiles, take full control of your quick settings

Xposed/CM support
    Opens tile detail with weather, battery information and a calculator (Xposed only)

Actions include:
    - Launch apps
    - Launch shortcuts, including tasker tasks (Pro version only)
    - Launch app shortcuts, static and dynamic (dynamic requires Android 7.1+ and root)
    - Click widget (for toggle/action widgets such as Twilight) [Pro]
    - Show widget (shows widget in a dialog) [Pro]
    - Launch URL
    - Custom settings toggle (WiFi, Screen timeout, Bluetooth, WiFi Hotspot, Sync, Adaptive Brightness, Sound, Music Controls)
    - Custom root/secure settings toggle (Invert Colours, Location, ADB, Immersive Mode, Ambient Display)
    - Custom root toggle (Airplane Mode, Celullar Data, Screenshot, Shutdown, Reboot, Reboot Recovery, Quick Reboot, Restart SystemUI, Network Mode [2G, 3G, LTE])
    - Live toggles (Displays data in title & icon): CPU speed, Free RAM, Internal Storage Space, Battery, Data Usage, Next Alarm, # of calendar events today, Calendar next event*, calculator*, BBC weather*, Yahoo! weather*)
    - Advanced options: Launch activity (with extras, can launch any activity with root), run command, run root command (all pro)
    - Advanced click options: Change System, Secure or Global setting value (requires secure/root for secure & global, as well as pro) - Allows you to change any setting in the system, therefore creating tiles for any system setting

Screenshots

Download from Google Play Store
    Download from APKMirror
    XDA Labs download is being updated when the dashboard plays ball
    Tasker Intent Guide

Action:
    Cat:
    None
    Extras:
    Package:
    Class:
    Target:
    Broadcast Receiver

Screenshots of example:
    32j90YN.png
    o0GEykK.png
    ZaCsIDU.png
    It's been a while since I actually updated this thread, but I'll skip the changelogs between and go straight to v2.1, released yesterday

25% off pro until July 7th

2.1:
    Many new features & changes, see video: https://youtu.be/w73u7GQgZfE
    Quick Changelog:
    - Root is no longer required on Android 5.x, or to access many toggles & actions if you grant permission using a PC and ADB, follow the guide in app
    - App shortcuts added, launch actions for compatible apps (dynamic shortcuts require root, Android 7.1+)
    - Show widget on click in a dialog*
    - Launch activity (+ extras)*
    - Run (root) command
    - Calendar, Alarm, WiFi & Data usage live tiles
    And much more!

*Pro

It's on Google Play (now full rollout), APKMirror and will be on XDA Labs as soon as I can upload it without it giving HTTP 405 errors
    Some issues:

1. Is in the process of being fixed
    2. is intentional, it's not supported right now
    3. The library that does the sections doesn't support filtering (it's a bug in it right now) so maybe later
    4. Working on it
    5. Maybe soon
    6. Same as 5
    Lollipop 5.10
    Wiko Highway Star (phone)
    ROM is what came with the phone

Hello, just installed 2.1.2 on this rooted phone with xposed framework. Was successful in removing two pesky Quick Setting tiles that I couldn't with Grav Box (W mode & Smart Standby - removing slipcover & smartstandby did the trick). For this big thanks!

But one problem I am having is that under Custom Quick Settings' settings I don't seem to have all the ones I should. Specifically I don't have the heading of "Quick Settings Panel" as it shows on the image on the Play Store. I actually only have two headings under settings " Tile Specific" and "Advanced" but I think I should have more... three? What could that problem be? Is it because I am Lollipop? I would like to remove that brightness slider too but I see no option for that under settings. But I can do that with Grav Box so not sure why not with Custom Quick Settings?

Cheers :)

Lollipop has different tile adding methods, via System UI Tuner. That's why it's different.

Gravity Box is also an Xposed module and CQS is not, that's why you have more options with Gravity Box.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone