[APP][5.0+] doubleHome - Double tap home to turn off the screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Jawomo

Mar 5, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
As switching off the screen can be a pain sometimes i created this little app to make life more easy :)

doubleHome is the easiest and fastest way to turn off the screen of your phone!

Turn off the screen from anywhere! Just double tap your home button to turn off the screen.
This app is designed for the latest android versions and supports fingerprint unlocking.

Works with software and hardware buttons and any launcher!

Enjoy!

FEATURES:
  • Double tap the home button to turn off the screen
  • Different screen off methods including ROOT
  • Edge Glow effect
  • More to come soon

Galaxy S7 users will have to disable double tap to launch camera to get this working i guess.

Download:

Last edited:

GreyhQuartz

May 25, 2017
Nice!

Small bug: the lower bar where the back/home buttons are located sometimes doesn't turn black on Huawei p9+

Nido221

Mar 15, 2014
Faisalabad
Samsung Galaxy A32 4G
If you have any ideas how to improve or new features just tell me :)
Among the hardware keys the Power is most effected to be damaged with the passage of time. Thanks for a good application...
Here is my suggestion...
With the screen off feature it get more attraction if you add Power menu or Shut Down menu by pressing three times consecutively the Home button.
Screen shot attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170525-235858.jpg
    Screenshot_20170525-235858.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 2,583

suaverc118

Mar 19, 2012
Works with my s8plus. Can the same be done for a double tap to wake? That's what I miss. Great amazing work sir

Grushteniak

Mar 27, 2013
Pretty useful, thanks for share with XDA community.
I'm using root method (Nexus 6p, fingerprint) and I feel that the unlock became slower - I feel the vibration that means the fingerprint was recognized and the screen still black for a second. Is it expected?

Last edited:

SolarisSixth

Nov 6, 2016
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
ASUS ZenFone 8
Damn the timeout method doesn't work on my LG g6.

I've tried other apps and no matter how long I set the timer, it doesn't work.

It probably has something to do with the always on display.

Hopefully this thing gets rooted so I can use other methods soon.

Still, great work, it's awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As switching off the screen can be a pain sometimes i created this little app to make life more easy :)

doubleHome is the easiest and fastest way to turn off the screen of your phone!

Turn off the screen from anywhere! Just double tap your home button to turn off the screen.
    This app is designed for the latest android versions and supports fingerprint unlocking.

Works with software and hardware buttons and any launcher!

Enjoy!

FEATURES:
    • Double tap the home button to turn off the screen
    • Different screen off methods including ROOT
    • Edge Glow effect
    • More to come soon

Galaxy S7 users will have to disable double tap to launch camera to get this working i guess.

Download:
    Thanks, i will add an option to swich off display directly without delay for people not using fingerprint.
    Very nice..gonna try... also add option to turn off with double tap..thank you :)
    Don't work on s7 edge

Maybe you need to disable double home to launch camera in camera settings before.
    If you have any ideas how to improve or new features just tell me :)

Awesome work, it works fine on a s8 port, but I'd like it to add double-tap anywhere on the launcher, which is not limited to the virtual buttons