[APP][5.0+] FairEmail - Fully featured, open source, privacy oriented email app

Search This thread

Will_T

Oct 23, 2013
Because there is more than the US and Germany.
OK. If you can please post links to Playstores that have these very low ratings then we will stop trying to convince you that almost everyone loves your app. From what I can see, you have one of the highest rated apps in the world and it is hard to watch you torture yourself by being convinced it is not.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
OK. If you can please post links to Playstores that have these very low ratings then we will stop trying to convince you that almost everyone loves your app. From what I can see, you have one of the highest rated apps in the world and it is hard to watch you torture yourself by being convinced it is not.
Maybe I am a masochist (I ain't).

Will_T

Oct 23, 2013
Marcel - Please just post links to all the other negative Playstores you refer to. Then maybe we will understand. For now all I see in the playstore is an incredibly excellent rating and almost nothing but people who love the app.

Reactions: chris122380

mkasimd

Apr 7, 2021
Düsseldorf
Marcel - Please just post links to all the other negative Playstores you refer to. Then maybe we will understand. For now all I see in the playstore is an incredibly excellent rating and almost nothing but people who love the app.
You may not understand it. And it's okay to not understand everything.

People have feelings. Marcel does have feelings as well. And you cannot rationalize feelings. You have to respect them the way they are.

I think we should end this discussion and just respect Marcel's choices.

fraschi51

Mar 17, 2016
Does anyone (outside of Google) actually know if it makes a difference (and if so, what difference) in terms of further action on Google's part whether you report a Playstore review as inappropriate or as spam?

x2k13

Does anyone (outside of Google) actually know if it makes a difference (and if so, what difference) in terms of further action on Google's part whether you report a Playstore review as inappropriate or as spam?
I can only guess, but maybe the difference is speed of action? Spam might be not as urgent as racial slurs, derogative language and stuff like that. Probably?

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Beware, FairEmail will let your device crash:

das Lesen einer Mail brachte heute reproduzierbar mein Smartphone zum totalen Crash, nur mit Mühe ist noch ein Smartphone-Reset möglich gewesen.... - 1 star
(reading an email today brought my smartphone to a total crash, reproducible, a smartphone reset was only possible with difficulty....)

An app can never let Android crash, and if it can this is always caused by a bug in Android. For me these kinds of reviews are frustrating because i can't do anything :-(

Reactions: mkasimd

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Version 1.1948 has an experimental keyword feature: if you enable debug mode in the miscellaneous settings (the last option), you can define global keywords, which will always be available for all folders and for which also a small button will be added just below the message actions.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
As requested, the average Play store rating (last 4 weeks):

Italy: 3.714
Belgium, Portugal: 4.000
UK: 4.273
US, Poland: 4.500
Netherlands, France, Czech Republic: 4.667
Switzerland: 4.750
Germany: 4.798

Global: monotonous decreasing

It gives me the feeling it is never good enough and a too big part of the reviews is rather frustrating because they are related to problems outside of the app. For a commercial company this would likely be good enough, but for somebody personally involved this is another matter.

Edit: and there is still a blocking issue: the token grant rate limit.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Unfortunately, version 1.1948 can crash due to a regression introduced by fixing an issue.

So, please update to version 1.1949.

harrisc

Mar 20, 2011
As requested, the average Play store rating (last 4 weeks):

Italy: 3.714
Belgium, Portugal: 4.000
UK: 4.273
US, Poland: 4.500
Netherlands, France, Czech Republic: 4.667
Switzerland: 4.750
Germany: 4.798

Global: monotonous decreasing

It gives me the feeling it is never good enough and a too big part of the reviews is rather frustrating because they are related to problems outside of the app. For a commercial company this would likely be good enough, but for somebody personally involved this is another matter.

Edit: and there is still a blocking issue: the token grant rate limit.

Current rating in Australia 4.9

Top Liked Posts