[APP][5.0+] FairEmail - Fully featured, open source, privacy oriented email app

Surfinette

May 23, 2010
Maybe you could have a second unfolding arrow, this time at the bottom, that would be called "Basic initial settings" or something similar.
This arrow would be automatically folded by default when all Done and by default unfolded when not all Done.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Maybe you could have a second unfolding arrow, this time at the bottom, that would be called "Basic initial settings" or something similar.
This arrow would be automatically folded by default when all Done and by default unfolded when not all Done.
I think this is too complicated. The setup screen isn't used that often.

Reactions: sbellon

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
The theme score is (thanks!):
  • blue/orange light 3
  • blue/orange system 3
  • red/green inverted dark 3
  • red/green inverted system 2
  • yellow/purple inverted 1
  • black 4
  • black/white 1
  • grey dark 3
  • grey system 1

I will keep the blue/orange theme as default, also because blue is a more neutral color, but the default will be to follow the system day/night mode (this was already changed for new installations).

Dark_Eyes_

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Sep 19, 2013
@M66B about the auto-archive feature on send, I think the message that is being replied/forwarded should be archived and mark read no matter if it was read or not in the first place. Logically, if you reply/forward a message, you obviously have read it and are willing to move it to archive since you selected that option.

Other messages could be moved without marking read or not moved at all, although I would prefer moved without marking read. What do you think?

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
@M66B about the auto-archive feature on send, I think the message that is being replied/forwarded should be archived and mark read no matter if it was read or not in the first place. Logically, if you reply/forward a message, you obviously have read it and are willing to move it to archive since you selected that option.

Other messages could be moved without marking read or not moved at all, although I would prefer moved without marking read. What do you think?
I think it is logical that the message is already marked read because you are replying to it.

If it was not marked read, automatically marking messages read on expanding was disabled. I think it would be a bad idea in this situation to mark the message read because the user explicitly configured not to do this.

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013
I think it is logical that the message is already marked read because you are replying to it.

If it was not marked read, automatically marking messages read on expanding was disabled. I think it would be a bad idea in this situation to mark the message read because the user explicitly configured not to do this.
I agree, I myself have disabled the mark read on expanding, but I also have auto-mark read on move. With those settings, the auto-archive feature is useless, even if I willingly chose to move that particular message to archive on send. Maybe the auto-mark read on move should be taken into account?

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
I agree, I myself have disabled the mark read on expanding, but I also have auto-mark read on move. With those settings, the auto-archive feature is useless, even if I willingly chose to move that particular message to archive on send. Maybe the auto-mark read on move should be taken into account?
Auto mark read on move will be taken into account.

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013
Auto mark read on move will be taken into account.
I mean, the message isn't moved at all because it isn't read. Its a bit confusing, even more when not threading, because you select "archive after sent" but nothing happens because the message wasn't read in the first place. I think the conscious choice of selecting "archive after sent" should override the "isRead" condition, at least for the message being replied to/forwarded from.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
I mean, the message isn't moved at all because it isn't read. Its a bit confusing, even more when not threading, because you select "archive after sent" but nothing happens because the message wasn't read in the first place. I think the conscious choice of selecting "archive after sent" should override the "isRead" condition, at least for the message being replied to/forwarded from.
Can you please test this, while I continue playing with my Raspberry Pi Zero W + BME280 sensor ? ;-)

Reactions: avalx