[APP][5.0+] FairEmail - Fully featured, open source, privacy oriented email app

Search This thread

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Hi. Looking for a new email app to change to from BlueMail, I'm trying out FairEmail. Still struggling to understand all the options and how to get everything working the way I want, but it's looking very good so far. One odd thing jumped out of the message list after I hooked up two of my accounts that just has me curious. Like BlueMail, FairEmail shows (after I turned it on) favicons by most senders, and mostly BlueMail and FairEmail show or don't show favicons for the same senders - except for one very notable difference: FairEmail does not show a favicon for emails from Microsoft, while BlueMail does. How come FairEmail can't get the Microsoft favicon?

Anyway, good job with the app. FairEmail is one of the two finalists out of a lot I've been trying for email app for me to change to, and I'm inclining toward it over the other so you may be getting a Pro purchase soon.
Can you please use 'Report issue' in the navigation menu and send me a raw message file of an example message? You can save a raw message file via the horizontal three dots menu just above the message text.

Edit: there is an avatar for @outlook.com and @msn.com email addresses, so maybe you mean another Microsoft address?

Last edited:

mermaidkiller

Jul 25, 2011
I have installed this app as a replacement of K9 and it is awesome. But I cannot delete more than 10 (!) messages at once.

How can I delete all items in the trash ?

There appears to be a hardcoded limit of 10 messages, so when cleaning up a trash of 100 messages, one has to repeat this action ten times ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 08.27.25.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 08.27.25.png
    24 KB · Views: 29

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
I have installed this app as a replacement of K9 and it is awesome. But I cannot delete more than 10 (!) messages at once.

How can I delete all items in the trash ?

There appears to be a hardcoded limit of 10 messages, so when cleaning up a trash of 100 messages, one has to repeat this action ten times ?
if you select the folder icon at the top and then select the trash folder , there will be a trash can icon at the top of the page. click on it and then select "empty trash".

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Version 1.1587 1.1588 is available on GitHub now and in the Play store test program after Google's approval.

Changelog/download:
https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/releases

Text styles (size, color, font, etc) will be extended now if a new selection (partly) overlaps an existing style. Please let me know if you find any edge case. Examples with bold (red = selection):

Test test test test test - extend start
Test test test test test - extend end
Test test test test test - extend all
Test test test test test - remove inner

Permanent deletion is unlimited now, but needs to be double confirmed now. Please see here about why:

https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/blob/master/FAQ.md#user-content-faq160

Last edited:

topcaser

Dec 17, 2005
I have a question regarding avatar pictures of senders. Can I enable that a picture of the sender is shown, at least for people which have a picture assigned in the contact list?

harrisc

Mar 20, 2011
I was using the XDA version and decided to change to the Playstore version. I had purchased Pro for both versions. I exported my settings from XDA and then imported them into the Playstore version.
Everything seems to be working except widgets. The widgets do not work and have a question mark.

What have I done wrong?

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
I was using the XDA version and decided to change to the Playstore version. I had purchased Pro for both versions. I exported my settings from XDA and then imported them into the Playstore version.
Everything seems to be working except widgets. The widgets do not work and have a question mark.

What have I done wrong?
Android manages widgets and sometimes just loses track, which is one of the many Android bugs. Try adding the widgets again.

harrisc

Mar 20, 2011
"Android manages widgets and sometimes just loses track, which is one of the many Android bugs. Try adding the widgets again."

I removed and added them several times, with different accounts and still not working.

herlgl

Jul 31, 2016
I looked through FAQ and search this thread for 'exit' but there was only one post from years ago, so my really simple and stupid question:

How do I exit this app/How do I close this app?

I do not want to have it run most of the time, since I use POP3 anyway with my desktop PC, so I only want to use FairEmail like once a week (via IMAP) and not have it run all the time for nothing. I'm ok with it restarting on reboot, that is no issue.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
I looked through FAQ and search this thread for 'exit' but there was only one post from years ago, so my really simple and stupid question:

How do I exit this app/How do I close this app?

I do not want to have it run most of the time, since I use POP3 anyway with my desktop PC, so I only want to use FairEmail like once a week (via IMAP) and not have it run all the time for nothing. I'm ok with it restarting on reboot, that is no issue.
Just disable receiving in the receive settings and you can synchronize manually.

harrisc

Mar 20, 2011
A question mark means that a widget wasn't updated. Try to refresh the messages list.
I went to the app information, deleted all storage and then the app itself. After reinstalling the app, I added a Gmail account, imported my settings and added the widgets.

All works again.

herlgl

Jul 31, 2016
Just disable receiving in the receive settings and you can synchronize manually.
Well the thing is, I like automatic synchronization, but I don't need it most of the time.
Example: I leave the house for some hours and I want automatic sync. But at home again I want to shut down the app for the next few days so I don't see the notification all the time and it pulling mails for no reason.
This is why I thought maybe an "exit" button in the hamburger menu would be neat, since it's much quicker to access(?) Maybe with a mandatory message box informing the user that this will stop sync if you are think people might expect sync to continue working.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Well the thing is, I like automatic synchronization, but I don't need it most of the time.
Example: I leave the house for some hours and I want automatic sync. But at home again I want to shut down the app for the next few days so I don't see the notification all the time and it pulling mails for no reason.
This is why I thought maybe an "exit" button in the hamburger menu would be neat, since it's much quicker to access(?) Maybe with a mandatory message box informing the user that this will stop sync if you are think people might expect sync to continue working.
Generally, Android apps do not work like this.

There is a widget to quickly enable/disable sync. Alternatively, there is a settings tile for the same.

Grobie13

Dec 12, 2008
Hamburg
Hello everybody. I have searched the settings and also searched here in the thread but I cannot find a setting that allows the date to be permanently displayed in the message overview when scrolling. Is there a possibility or could it at least be included as a suggestion?

Top Liked Posts