• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][5.0+] FairEmail - Fully featured, open source, privacy oriented email app

Search This thread

fraschi51

Mar 17, 2016
Exactly, it's a list to block something. I would assume that I can enable such a list BEFORE I get spam. But your implementation let it look like that I have to receive one spam mail first. This means I can enable it AFTER I receive spam. This concept is weird in my opinion.
You can activate the feature in the settings beforehand. The switch has ALSO been added to the spam dialogue as an additional comfort option.

Hitti2

Hey guys, how do i make crossed out icon be just cloud icon? Screenshot_20210621-204647_FairEmail.png

Dark_Eyes_

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Sep 19, 2013
@M66B, just an improvement idea. If I understand correctly, the blocklist option will leave the message in the inbox but add a flag to it, right? How about auto-moving it to spam with the classified icon, showing it was moved by FairEmail?

Reactions: heinhuiz

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Gravatar support wil be removed from the Play store version of the app in the next release. According to Google there is no privacy policy for the Play store listing and in the app, which is non sense, but I am not going to argue with Google about this because none of my earlier arguments with Google were taken seriously.

Moreover, Gravatar support is disabled by default and includes a clear privacy warning.

carpler

Jan 26, 2011
I make some requests on some features that I would like to be present in FairEmail: maybe they already are there and I don't know how to set them!

1) To select one or more messages, I must use long pressure for the first message and then a single tap for other messages. Would it be possible to introduce a sort of quick selection by tapping on the icon to the left of the message?
1624459532770.png

2) When one or more messages are selected, this button / menu is activated:
1624459644323.png

From this I can access the possible actions that can be applied to the selected messages. Would it be possible to introduce a bar with 2 or 3 actions similar to this one?
1624459753105.png

A sort of "quick action bar"...
It would be nice if the actions in the bar were user configurable.
This would allow you to apply actions quickly "saving" a tap ...
Thanks for your attention.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
I make some requests on some features that I would like to be present in FairEmail: maybe they already are there and I don't know how to set them!

1) To select one or more messages, I must use long pressure for the first message and then a single tap for other messages. Would it be possible to introduce a sort of quick selection by tapping on the icon to the left of the message?
View attachment 5345837

2) When one or more messages are selected, this button / menu is activated:
View attachment 5345841
From this I can access the possible actions that can be applied to the selected messages. Would it be possible to introduce a bar with 2 or 3 actions similar to this one?
View attachment 5345843
A sort of "quick action bar"...
It would be nice if the actions in the bar were user configurable.
This would allow you to apply actions quickly "saving" a tap ...
Thanks for your attention.
Tapping the contact icon already navigates to the contact info (if available). Also, multiple selection works generally this way, which is what people are used to.

A navigation bar would take space from the messages list, which I think is not nice of you are selecting multiple messages. Moreover, the possible actions depend on the selected messages (folder, accounts, etc) and this can't be evaluated in real-time because this would could cause stuttering, which is why this is done on tapping the action button only.

carpler

Jan 26, 2011
A navigation bar would take space from the messages list, which I think is not nice of you are selecting multiple messages.

The "quick action bar" should only appear after selecting one or more messages (just like with the current button).
Also, if the bar were to hide an element, the list would still remain scrollable, as it currently is.
Finally the bar that I showed in my previous post (which is the one that FairEmail displays in a message) in my mobile is very thin and does not take up much space.

Moreover, the possible actions depend on the selected messages (folder, accounts, etc) and this can't be evaluated in real-time because this would could cause stuttering, which is why this is done on tapping the action button only.

My request was for the messages list in one folder, not all other lists.
The actions I have in mind (move to trash, mark as read, ...) should be applicable to all selected messages...

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
The "quick action bar" should only appear after selecting one or more messages (just like with the current button).
Also, if the bar were to hide an element, the list would still remain scrollable, as it currently is.
Finally the bar that I showed in my previous post (which is the one that FairEmail displays in a message) in my mobile is very thin and does not take up much space.

My request was for the messages list in one folder, not all other lists.
The actions I have in mind (move to trash, mark as read, ...) should be applicable to all selected messages...
Move to trash is available only when there is a trash folder. The POP3 protocol can access the inbox only for example. The folder you are in determines the actions too. Generally, this is not as simple as you might think.

tl;d;r there are good reasons why it is like it is. In fact, changing this would mean removing features.

Besides that, the the navigation bar would take vertical space as already explained.

Ghy61

Jun 24, 2021
Hello,

I am a new and unterested user of fairemail - thanks for this great open source app.

I use posteo.net as an email provider. I met an issue with from the app sent emails. They do not appear in the sent folder, nor elsewhere. Actually I have no sent message stored.

There is no issue with from the website or from Thunderbird sent email : they do appear in sent folder.

I did not find any setting to choose the folder for sent email, or any clue to a solution.

Could you please give a hand ?

Top Liked Posts