• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][5.0+] FairEmail - Fully featured, open source, privacy oriented email app

Search This thread

jw111

Dec 5, 2008
Hi Marcel,
I just upgraded to 1.1171 through app store.

When I have the button pressed to just show unread messages then the buttons to go to previous and next msg are created out.

They are there if I turn off the filter.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Hi Marcel,
I just upgraded to 1.1171 through app store.

When I have the button pressed to just show unread messages then the buttons to go to previous and next msg are created out.

They are there if I turn off the filter.
I can't reproduce this. Is there a previous and/or next unread message?
Previous/next navigation is based on the underlying list, whatever that list is.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Yes there are previous and next unread messages. If unread message filter is on then arrows are gray. if filter is off then arrows are colored.
Please reproduce the issue and send me ASAP the debug info by long pressing 'Support' in the navigation menu (left side menu) of the start screen. Please include a short problem description, indicating the time you opened the conversation as accurately as possible.

Edit: please enable debug logging (not debug mode) in the miscellaneous settings first.

ammarr

Feb 24, 2007
Mississauga
Small bug; If a folder has 'Notify on new messages' on, but not 'Show in unified inbox', then clicking on a new message notification doesn't load the message. It just shows an empty screen.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Small bug; If a folder has 'Notify on new messages' on, but not 'Show in unified inbox', then clicking on a new message notification doesn't load the message. It just shows an empty screen.
I have the spam folder set to notify new messages and it isn't (obviously) part of the unified inbox. Opening messages from a new message notification (mostly I mark them as read from the notification) works fine for me. I just double checked.

In any case the option 'Show in unified inbox' is not related to new message notifications and opening messages from a new message notification.

ammarr

Feb 24, 2007
Mississauga
I have the spam folder set to notify new messages and it isn't (obviously) part of the unified inbox. Opening messages from a new message notification (mostly I mark them as read from the notification) works fine for me. I just double checked.

In any case the option 'Show in unified inbox' is not related to new message notifications and opening messages from a new message notification.
To reproduce, I just set a new folder to 'Notify on new messages' and not 'Show in unified inbox'. Sent myself an email, copied it to that folder from desktop client, and then manually synchronized the folder in FairEmail. The notification showed up, but clicking it led to an empty screen with the loading spinner.

Magister81

Jul 5, 2018
Hello,

Google Translate

I have only recently since and search for a way to disable the query for deleting mails. I only have pop accounts and the mails stay on the server. The message is unnecessary for me and therefore annoys for each deletion of individual mails.

FairMail.PNG

Thanks very much

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
To reproduce, I just set a new folder to 'Notify on new messages' and not 'Show in unified inbox'. Sent myself an email, copied it to that folder from desktop client, and then manually synchronized the folder in FairEmail. The notification showed up, but clicking it led to an empty screen with the loading spinner.
Loading spinner: can you please send me a screenshot of this?

Maybe stupid: try to restart your device.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
View attachment 5378181 It shows the correct account name but not folder name at the top. Phone was just restarted, monthly patch :)
Okay. Please enable debug logging in the miscellaneous settings, reproduce the problem and as soon as the spinner shows, go to the start screen and long press 'Support' in the navigation menu to send me the debug info. Please include a short problem description.

Reactions: ammarr

ammarr

Feb 24, 2007
Mississauga
Okay. Please enable debug logging in the miscellaneous settings, reproduce the problem and as soon as the spinner shows, go to the start screen and long press 'Support' in the navigation menu to send me the debug info. Please include a short problem description.
Is there a specific file that would help with the debugging? Looking at all the debug files, there's a bunch of private/personal info, so I'd prefer to exclude stuff that is not necessary.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Is there a specific file that would help with the debugging? Looking at all the debug files, there's a bunch of private/personal info, so I'd prefer to exclude stuff that is not necessary.
What I need to see is logcat.txt. You can replace the email addresses, etc, if you are worried.
Please capture the debug info right after reproducing the problem.
There is mostly not more than about 30 seconds in the logcat.

Reactions: ammarr

Top Liked Posts