[APP][5.0+][FOSS] Lean Launcher, the customisable Pixel Launcher

Search This thread

hundeva

Aug 18, 2012
Download Lean Launcher from the Google Play Store

If you prefer the debug version, no worries, you can download it from Github, here. Look for "LeanLauncher-1.0.0-5-play-debug.apk"!

Credit

Huge thanks for the excellent work of Amir, without his work, I don't think Lean Launcher would have been born.

Full feature list:

• Notification dots
  • - on supported devices
  • App shortcuts
  • - static shortcuts from android 6.0
  • - dynamic shortcuts on support devices
  • - extra shortcut option to edit or uninstall apps
  • Dynamic icons on supported devices
  • - for Google Calendar
  • - for Google Clock
  • Quick actions
  • - swipe down for notifications with one finger
  • - swipe down for quick settings with two finger
  • At A Glance
  • - with a companion app
  • Google Now
  • - only for debug builds for now
  • Search UI
  • - hide bottom search bar
  • - change search provider
  • - colored G icon
  • - hide app search bar
  • - hide app suggestions
  • Look & Feel
  • - force light or dark theme, or just based on your wallpaper
  • - change Hotseat background
  • - change grid sizes
  • - change Hotseat icon count
  • - change icon sizes
  • Edit apps
  • - hide apps from your drawer
  • - change icon shapes
  • - support
  • Other
  • - allow home screen rotation
  • - disable spring animation
  • - toggle navigation bar transparency
  • - lock your desktop to prevent accidental changes
  • - double tap to lock

What has happened since 0.3.0?

First of all, I wanted to create two companion apps, one for At A Glance (this is ready), one for Google Now. Sadly, so far all of my implementations sucked for one reason or another, so I still need time for that. If you can't live without Google Now, I suggest you to use the debug build from Github. If you don't really care, use the Play Store version.

But than, Amir released version 3.2 of Rootless Pixel Launcher, so I changed my mind: rebase Lean to make use of 3.2, and implement a few more requested feature. Look at the changelog, I think it looks nice. :)

What's next?

I have my eyes on two things:

• stabilization, this is the most important. I have now included crash reporting in the builds, so I can monitor if I need to act on something.
  • proper implementation of Google Now companion app.

TL;DR: Download Lean Launcher from the Google Play Store!

*KiD CuDi*

Dec 13, 2012
This launcher runs flawlessly on my Pixel 2XL! Just one question - is there a way to turn off at a glance? The option in Lean setting is grey so I cant turn it off. I'm using the debug version 1.0.0-5 from github (the google now page works perfectly btw)

Sgace

Jul 9, 2011
Running playstore version, everything ok till now. Thnx!

Cheers

Sent from my Google Pixel using XDA Labs

hundeva

Aug 18, 2012
That's weird, it should pick up messages from the Google app sooner or later. Once it only started to work for me after I launched the Google app manually, than launching the companion app one more time. Does that maybe help?

Anand durai

Nov 9, 2017
Really loving the 0.3.0 version. I have a request. Is it possible to turn off the scroll bar in the app drawer? Scroll bar is really messing up the immersive experience for me. May an option to toggle in the settings.

Thank you for lean launcher

Manson79

Feb 5, 2015
Hi,

Your Pixel launcher runs really smooth on my Note 8 (and I've tried others Pixel launcher less smooth for me), great work!

I love the options already present, maybe an option to change per app icon, but maybe not a good idea to clutter your launcher with a ton of options and loose the performance...

I prefer stability and performance instead of having options slowing down the launcher.

keep up the good work and thanks again! :good::good::good:

Last edited:

umbrokhan

Nov 11, 2013
the Google Now page not changing dark mode
Google now page looks like old design compared to Rootless Pixel Launcher

mentalitarium

Mar 11, 2018
I can't install the LeanGlance APK, it just keeps saying the package is corrupt. I am running the debug version and I've tried using older versions but nothing seems to work. I'm using an S8+, if that's significant.

hundeva

Aug 18, 2012
I can't install the LeanGlance APK, it just keeps saying the package is corrupt. I am running the debug version and I've tried using older versions but nothing seems to work. I'm using an S8+, if that's significant.

Do you have any other Pixel Launcher variant installed? If yes, you will have to uninstall that first, since the companion app has to have the same package name in order for it to be able to receive and forward messages from the Google app!

Reactions: nexisnp

jabbeboy

Dec 26, 2010
the playstore version is really smooth :)
Have you considered making a toggle to have a transparent dock, preferably rounded edges just liket the Android P launcher ? :)

skiely666

May 26, 2011
Google Pixel 3 XL
Google Pixel 6
Feature request: to be able to move the dock search bar up to the top of the home screen like in pic attached but obviously with the actual Google search bar, I'm just using a widget from playstore.
Thanks for this launcher I'm using it as my daily driver ?

Sent from my Pixel XL using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180315-144037.jpg
    Screenshot_20180315-144037.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 575

bon122728

Oct 27, 2013
Puerto Princesa City
Been using this since yesterday and I must say it is damn well smooth added with flux white substratum theme it's looking sweet! hope you can add Android P like dock and other P launcher features in the future. Keep it up! good work and thank you

hundeva

Aug 18, 2012
Have you considered making a toggle to have a transparent dock, preferably rounded edges just liket the Android P launcher ? :)

You can set the dock to transparent: Settings > Look & Feel > Hotseat background > Transparent. However, I think you mean translucent, like the P preview launcher is. That is planned, but for now, I'm waiting for Google dropping the latest launcher sources.

Feature request: to be able to move the dock search bar up to the top of the home screen like in pic attached but obviously with the actual Google search bar, I'm just using a widget from playstore.
Thanks for this launcher I'm using it as my daily driver

I'm not sure if I want to do that, but I'll think about it!

Been using this since yesterday and I must say it is damn well smooth added with flux white substratum theme it's looking sweet! hope you can add Android P like dock and other P launcher features in the future. Keep it up! good work and thank you

P features are planned for later, first Google will have to drop the latest sources for it. After that, I'll most likely rebase to it, and the launcher will have the latest look & feel. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download Lean Launcher from the Google Play Store

If you prefer the debug version, no worries, you can download it from Github, here. Look for "LeanLauncher-1.0.0-5-play-debug.apk"!

Credit

Huge thanks for the excellent work of Amir, without his work, I don't think Lean Launcher would have been born.

Full feature list:

• Notification dots
    • - on supported devices
    • App shortcuts
    • - static shortcuts from android 6.0
    • - dynamic shortcuts on support devices
    • - extra shortcut option to edit or uninstall apps
    • Dynamic icons on supported devices
    • - for Google Calendar
    • - for Google Clock
    • Quick actions
    • - swipe down for notifications with one finger
    • - swipe down for quick settings with two finger
    • At A Glance
    • - with a companion app
    • Google Now
    • - only for debug builds for now
    • Search UI
    • - hide bottom search bar
    • - change search provider
    • - colored G icon
    • - hide app search bar
    • - hide app suggestions
    • Look & Feel
    • - force light or dark theme, or just based on your wallpaper
    • - change Hotseat background
    • - change grid sizes
    • - change Hotseat icon count
    • - change icon sizes
    • Edit apps
    • - hide apps from your drawer
    • - change icon shapes
    • - support
    • Other
    • - allow home screen rotation
    • - disable spring animation
    • - toggle navigation bar transparency
    • - lock your desktop to prevent accidental changes
    • - double tap to lock

What has happened since 0.3.0?

First of all, I wanted to create two companion apps, one for At A Glance (this is ready), one for Google Now. Sadly, so far all of my implementations sucked for one reason or another, so I still need time for that. If you can't live without Google Now, I suggest you to use the debug build from Github. If you don't really care, use the Play Store version.

But than, Amir released version 3.2 of Rootless Pixel Launcher, so I changed my mind: rebase Lean to make use of 3.2, and implement a few more requested feature. Look at the changelog, I think it looks nice. :)

What's next?

I have my eyes on two things:

• stabilization, this is the most important. I have now included crash reporting in the builds, so I can monitor if I need to act on something.
    • proper implementation of Google Now companion app.

TL;DR: Download Lean Launcher from the Google Play Store!
    @Anand durai: I will see about that, not yet sure.
    @fullmetal509: For the weather to show, you need to install a companion app, which you can download here. After installing it, launch it once, and then it should start to receive and forward messages from the Google app to Lean Launcher!
    @Manson79: actually, per app icon change is planned for the future :)

You can set the dock to transparent: Settings > Look & Feel > Hotseat background > Transparent. However, I think you mean translucent, like the P preview launcher is. That is planned, but for now, I'm waiting for Google dropping the latest launcher sources.

Thanks for this launcher I'm using it as my daily driver

I'm not sure if I want to do that, but I'll think about it!

P features are planned for later, first Google will have to drop the latest sources for it. After that, I'll most likely rebase to it, and the launcher will have the latest look & feel. :)
    Hi. I have a recurring problem with Google feed. Occasionally it is blank and won't refresh (which can be solved by opening the Google app directly) often I can't swipe to it (have to turn it off and on again in launcher settings). A data clear works for a while then it starts happening again.

Ta

A fix is most likely coming soon for Google Now related issues, as Amir published a new version of Rootless Pixel Launcher (which Lean is based on), which should help a lot!

Wold someone please link me or share the companion app i really enjoy this launcher, great job...Please, Thanks

Sent from my SM-N9300 using Tapatalk

Currently, the latest version of the companion is 1.0.6, which you can download here: https://github.com/hundeva/Lean-Launcher/releases/download/lean-1.0.6/LeanGlance-1.0.6-11-debug.apk
    This launcher runs flawlessly on my Pixel 2XL! Just one question - is there a way to turn off at a glance? The option in Lean setting is grey so I cant turn it off. I'm using the debug version 1.0.0-5 from github (the google now page works perfectly btw)

This is a mishap from my side, in the next version, you will be able to turn it off!