[APP][5.0+] Nextbit Launcher 1.6.0 (Updated 16/08/16)

Search This thread

linuxct

Social Contributor
nl.png

Today I present you the...
Nextbit Launcher, ported for any Android 5.0+ device
(thread derived from here)​

Hi all!
I succesfully downported the original Nextbit Robin launcher for ANY Android 5.0+ smartphone.
However, you can't expect functions such as Pinned apps or Archived apps (in the cloud), since it doesn't have the Nextbit Constellation Services. The rest of the launcher works really fine.
For low-end devices users: Please, take care, since it uses a lot of CPU & GPU, my poor Xperia M2 feels sometimes like a toaster while using it :silly:

General features:
- Dock with up to 4 icons
- Dedicated widget pages when doing pinch to zoom out
- Handy FAB menu in the bottom right corner, always present
- List of all apps
- Smooth transitions

Mod features:
- Deleted Nextbit Constellation services references from the app code in order to avoid logcat spamming.
- Changed several loops (from if-nez to if-eqz) in order to avoid the Nextbit services got triggered infinitely.
- Icons not showing up (sometimes) when re-opening the launcher got fixed too.
- Full deletion of the Fog effect.
- Landscape mode enabled.
- Added (or rather said, modded) a toast inside the Launcher to warn Nextbit Robin users about the modded version.

Issues you may find:
- The lack of app drawer, which is a Nextbit decision, so avoid blaming me, or anyone for that in the comments.
- The font color stays black, even when the wallpaper is dark, which is another Nextbit issue (AFAIK). Fixed in version 1.4.0.
- Google Search bar not showing up at the top? Check #21.

Changelog:
Ver 1.6.0
- Changed base APK to latest version available.
- Several bugfixes on Nextbit side.
- Added (or rather said, modded) a toast inside the Launcher to warn Nextbit Robin users about the modded version.
Ver 1.4.0.1
- All 1.4.0 goodies, plus a fix for a "Constellation services missing" warning. No more updates today, I promise. :eek:
Ver 1.4.0
- Full deletion of the Fog effect, for both Landscape and Portrait mode.
- Very optimized, thanks to Nextbit.
- Icon font color fixed.

Special Thanks to: @daavm for providing the original APK from his Robin, and @MSF Jarvis & @IgorEisberg for their heads-ups with the logcat spamming and the AndroidManifest fault :D

Download: Available at XDA Labs [direct link to the app] (...and also in the attachments)

Enjoy, and don't forget to leave a Thanks or Donate if you loved it! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-05-13-26-57.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-05-13-26-57.png
    190.6 KB · Views: 7,926
  • Screenshot_2016-06-05-13-27-03.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-05-13-27-03.png
    94.2 KB · Views: 7,825
  • Screenshot_2016-06-05-13-27-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-05-13-27-10.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 7,897
  • Screenshot_2016-06-05-13-27-50.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-05-13-27-50.png
    77 KB · Views: 7,659
  • Screenshot_2016-06-05-13-28-02.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-05-13-28-02.png
    161.5 KB · Views: 7,599
  • Screenshot_2016-06-05-13-28-25.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-05-13-28-25.png
    116.4 KB · Views: 7,455
  • Nextbit_Launcher_1.3.0.apk
    4.2 MB · Views: 2,329
  • Nextbit_Launcher_1.4.0.apk
    4.1 MB · Views: 344
  • Nextbit_Launcher_1.4.0.1.apk
    4.1 MB · Views: 2,465
  • Nextbit_Launcher_1.6.0.apk
    4.1 MB · Views: 13,416
Last edited:

MSF Jarvis

XDA Feed Mod/Inactive RC
Mar 31, 2015
msfjarvis.dev
If only Nextbit gave this a few more premium looking tweaks including Google Now support, this would have been my home screen for ever. Currently it's an on and off thing. @linuxct, any progress in removing those silly fog animations?

Sent from my Pixel V1 using XDA Labs

linuxct

Social Contributor
If only Nextbit gave this a few more premium looking tweaks including Google Now support, this would have been my home screen for ever. Currently it's an on and off thing. @linuxct, any progress in removing those silly fog animations?

Currently working on it, not an easy task :p
Whenever I get it, will publish the APK ASAP.

Reactions: MSF Jarvis

linuxct

Social Contributor
The Google search bar doesn't show up for me.

It never shows up in mine :eek: @linuxct??????????????

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In the code, inside com.nextbit.nextbithome, theres a class called dp, where there are some mentions to com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox. I've just replaced them with fully random values and recompiled, however the search bar still pop-ups for me.

This is how it works in my device:
aChnWCV.gif

And this is the Google App (QuickSearchBox) version I've installed:
a3sTRZ0.png

Must be something Sony Mobile/Google related.

linuxct

Social Contributor
A new update for the Nextbit Launcher has been added.

Changelog:
Ver 1.4.0
- Icon font color fixed.

Download available at XDA Labs, and in the attachments. Enjoy, and don't forget to press that Thanks! button, it won't bite you :cool:

Attachments

• Nextbit_Launcher_1.4.0.apk
    4.1 MB · Views: 62

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aaaand another update has just been added.

Changelog:
Ver 1.4.0.1
- All 1.4.0 goodies, plus a fix for a "Constellation services missing" warning. No more updates today, I promise. :eek:

Download available at XDA Labs, and in the attachments. Enjoy, and don't forget to press that Thanks! button, it won't bite you :cool:

Attachments

• Nextbit_Launcher_1.4.0.1.apk
    4.1 MB · Views: 47
Reactions: professorfoxx

MSF Jarvis

XDA Feed Mod/Inactive RC
Mar 31, 2015
msfjarvis.dev
Aaaand another update has just been added.

Changelog:
Ver 1.4.0.1

@Perseus, @Ninnix96 is still bitter that we caught him faking the launcher port. Totally unprofessional behavior, I'm not very proud to call him a member of the same forum I have come to love so much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160612-221732.png
    Screenshot_20160612-221732.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 318
Reactions: Rohling80

linuxct

Social Contributor

Ninnix96

Aug 23, 2014
Rome
Xiaomi Poco F3
MSF Jarvis;67286937 [user=3639717 said:
@Perseus[/user], @Ninnix96 is still bitter that we caught him faking the launcher port. Totally unprofessional behavior, I'm not very proud to call him a member of the same forum I have come to love so much.

I was about to reply him via PM. I guess it's better @Perseus knows.
@Perseus they want me to go for what I am not, have coalesced against me. Reply at my PM, I'm not here to argue a bit of seriousness

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nl.png

Today I present you the...
    Nextbit Launcher, ported for any Android 5.0+ device
    (thread derived from here)​

Hi all!
    I succesfully downported the original Nextbit Robin launcher for ANY Android 5.0+ smartphone.
    However, you can't expect functions such as Pinned apps or Archived apps (in the cloud), since it doesn't have the Nextbit Constellation Services. The rest of the launcher works really fine.
    For low-end devices users: Please, take care, since it uses a lot of CPU & GPU, my poor Xperia M2 feels sometimes like a toaster while using it :silly:

General features:
    - Dock with up to 4 icons
    - Dedicated widget pages when doing pinch to zoom out
    - Handy FAB menu in the bottom right corner, always present
    - List of all apps
    - Smooth transitions

Mod features:
    - Deleted Nextbit Constellation services references from the app code in order to avoid logcat spamming.
    - Changed several loops (from if-nez to if-eqz) in order to avoid the Nextbit services got triggered infinitely.
    - Icons not showing up (sometimes) when re-opening the launcher got fixed too.
    - Full deletion of the Fog effect.

Issues you may find:
    - The lack of app drawer, which is a Nextbit decision, so avoid blaming me, or anyone for that in the comments.
    - The font color stays black, even when the wallpaper is dark, which is another Nextbit issue (AFAIK). Fixed in version 1.4.0.
    - Google Search bar not showing up at the top? Check #21.

Changelog:
    Ver 1.6.0
    Ver 1.4.0.1
    Ver 1.4.0
    - Icon font color fixed.

Special Thanks to: @daavm for providing the original APK from his Robin, and @MSF Jarvis & @IgorEisberg for their heads-ups with the logcat spamming and the AndroidManifest fault :D

Download: Available at XDA Labs [direct link to the app] (...and also in the attachments)

Enjoy, and don't forget to leave a Thanks or Donate if you loved it! :)
    A new update for the Nextbit Launcher has been added!

Changelog:
    Ver 1.6.0

A new update for the Nextbit Launcher has been added.

Changelog:
    Ver 1.4.0
    - Icon font color fixed.

For people who had the missing Google Search Bar, here's a quick fix. Pinch on the homescreen to reveal the widget view. Then long press to bring up the widget selector screen. Select any random widget. This will pop a dialog asking you to give permissions to Nextbit Launcher to add and modify widgets. Give that to it. When you go back to your homescreen, you should see the Google Search Bar now. If not, go into Settings>Apps and force stop Nextbit Home and press the home button. Enjoy!
    @linuxct, link to this post in the OP.(Link, not quote, I wanna farm some thanks here :p )

did it, no results. The activity and package names in these files are pretty stock.
    So the settings are hardcoded in the smali. Maybe in the hotseat.smali file.
    Do you have other ideas/advices?

It's not in the hotseat class but in the DP, com.nextbit.nextbithome.dp. It should be pretty easy to edit them from there :)