[APP][5.0+] Niagara Launcher – fresh & clean

Search This thread

haigoeo

Aug 16, 2010
I am using the launcher for 2 days in redmi note 5 pro and I love it. Very smooth and fast for a new app. I was looking for a minimal launcher without success until Niagara was released!

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
I've been using it for a few days in my Nexus 5 with Android Pie.
It is amazing and perfect. I've been looking for different and solid launchers for ages. Although Pie has a nice launcher, Niagara is spot on simplicity with ability to be really useful.

Swiping right for shortcuts and having the notifications preview right there is beautifully done.

Looking forward to see what else you can do in this!

THANK YOU

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180916-223627.jpg
    Screenshot_20180916-223627.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 1,061
  • Screenshot_20180916-223642.jpg
    Screenshot_20180916-223642.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 1,059
Reactions: Carnage_mafia

dSlice

Jun 2, 2012
Lindenwold
Just had to stop in and say thanks for the launcher! I've been using it since XDA put it in the News Feed. I love all the little add-ons you've been adding, and that it's very minimal. Keep up the awesome work!!

Engi79

Jan 23, 2014
It is great launcher - i am using it every day from the start :)
+1 could be very useful to allow user to change current launcher date and weather into google widget "at a glance" or any other

Reactions: spddl

tjsuominen

Jul 14, 2015
Hi @Maxr1998,

What an amazing launcher, love the simplicity and speed (currently been using Nova Prime as main launcher). Two things (FR's) and it could become the new default for me:

1) Support for widgets on the homepage
2) Build-in 'At a glance' (ref. Google Pixel) like widget WITH multi-calendar support (missing from the Pixel widget)

How's the roadmap looking (great and frequent progress so far!)?

Keep up the great work.

//t

malikpk

Sep 20, 2018
I'm trying the launcher right now and i like the idea. Great work. What do you think to implement a new section (or an option for the favorite section) where to show the most used apps?
Tnx.

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
I'm trying the launcher right now and i like the idea. Great work. What do you think to implement a new section (or an option for the favorite section) where to show the most used apps?
Tnx.

It's already there (bottom part of Favourites). It just takes a few days or a lot of use to start showing apps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Niagara Launcher
    Ty6t1Til.png

Hey everyone, this is Niagara Launcher, a clean, smooth and fast launcher.

Key features:
    • List based for easy access and a minimal look
    • You can open Apps in a quick way due to the always accessible scrollbar
    • Enhanced notification “dots”: Read summaries right on your homescreen and swipe right to open them for every detail.
    • App shortcuts (Introduced in Android 7.1 – some of them are backwards compatible)
    • Media Player integration (notification access needed)
    • Hide Apps to remove bloatware/preinstalled apps
    • Icon Pack support

Some features, like widgets & folders, are still missing, because Niagara was only just released (to open beta) a few days ago. I’m trying my best to implement many more requests. If you want to look at them or file a bug report, go to Niagara Issues on GitHub (see the link below)

Screenshots:
    Screenshot1.jpgScreenshot2.jpgScreenshot3.jpgScreenshot4.jpgScreenshot5.jpgScreenshot6.jpg
    (see attachments)

In such short amount of time I’ve got a very friendly & helpful Telegram Community: Join them for further details & discussion (see the link below).

Thank you for your interest and reading through the post – hope you enjoy Niagara! :)

Telegram Group: Join here
    Feature requests & bug reports: On GitHub

XDA:DevDB Information
    Niagara Launcher, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Maxr1998, 8bitpit

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 0.2 build 4
    Beta Release Date: 2018-09-04

Created 2018-09-06
    Last Updated 2018-09-06

XDA:DevDB Information
    [APP][5.0+] Niagara Launcher – fresh & clean, ROM for the Apps & Games

Contributors
    8bitpit
    ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread

Version Information

Created 2018-09-27
    Last Updated 2018-09-27
    Is it possible to share the apk on github ? :)

Great idea! You can download it right now on GitHub if you want to.
    Great launcher, nice app selection scrolling thru the alfabet.
    Was lookin for the wallpapers also tho.

Somewhere I can find them?
    @Maxr1998 I was wondering where to get those wallpapers you used in the screenshots of the app.
    Could you please tell me??
    Here you are: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5lhx4w8um808v36/Niagara_feature_walls.zip?dl=0

Sent from my PH-1 using XDA Labs
    I install it and receive 178 mb of process for the launcher, that's a lot. I'll keep testing it

Hi,

I’m glad to tell you, that this is not a real bug. The running services sections is “buggy”. The gms.service does not run exclusively for that app, instead it shows only up under the app that has the highest priority. If you disable notification dots for my app and have them enabled on nova for example, the service will appear there (I tested that with other launchers as well). It’s the same service and it will run with or without Niagara Launcher. So, don’t worry, it’s just confusingly displayed! Please visit https://github.com/8bitPit/Niagara-Issues/issues/84 for more details.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Hi ive been using this launcher for a couple of days now. Its great but may i suggest a couple of improvements/customization?
    1. Swiping left or right from favorites gives a set of new favorite tab. IMO this would be great instead of stacking your apps into it. It'll have that clean and organized look at the same time.
    2. Custom widgets or customization on time and date
    3. Gestures would be great
    These are just my suggestions for improvement but I hope OP would consider some of it. Awesome launcher! Waiting for more improvements. ?

Thank you!

Regarding your requests:
    1. Swiping is already used for opening notifications / app shortcuts
    2. Yeah, they will probably be implemented, will take some time though.
    3. Swipe down for notifications is implemented by now. A swipe up gesture could be used for opening search, what do you think?

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

@8bitpit now it's working. I fried reinstalling Niagara.

---------- Post added 8th September 2018 at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was 7th September 2018 at 11:32 PM ----------

I have 1 request. Could you distiguish the alphabet's letter which have apss' notification inside it? It could be Bold text or add "*" mark

Could be too intrusive

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Very nice!
    Couple "requests" (certainly not deal breakers tho)

1. Google Page
    2. Allow a widget area

Thank you for testing Niagara.

1. Yesterday, I implemented a Google search button. What do you think?

2. Someday, I will add them.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

I'm liking this launcher, good job dev! I have one suggestion: for a left handed user like me it's a little hard to use the apps side scrolling. Please give us an option to change it to the left side.

Thank you! Glad the community helped you out.
    For a BeTa, this is more then impressive... I used Samsung launcher cause it was good balanced on the S9+ but I felt there is the lack of minimalism which I like. Your launcher somehow filled the hollowness in my soul for minimalism.

So far so good just have to get used to the way apps are searched. I hope more features will be added but u keep the idea of simplicity.

Other that widgets and folders I would like to see a possibility when swiping right to only open the app notification window (this is one of the best interpretation of notification I have seen) without app shortcuts.

Also I think its a BUG or it's just a part og home screen. I use a function long press home button to instantly go to home screen. However when I search an app with the slider and open the app in the slider menu and then long press home button I am not being directly going to home screen but back on the slider menu.. Is this something that you can tweak?

Keep the work and idea u have a unique launcher!

Thank you, I'll try my best to keep the launcher still minimal when I am adding new features. Widgets and folders are planned and maybe I'll add an option to hide shortcuts. Furthermore, pressing home to go back to the app list is not a bug, there will be an option toggle in the future though (https://github.com/8bitPit/Niagara-Issues/issues/21)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone