• If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.
  • Nearly there! Migration cleanup is mostly done. There are about 6k posts left to import, a few forum redirects to make, and minor details. All the heavy lifting is done. Would love to hear feedback over at this thread!

[APP][5.0+]OBD2 Plugin for Android Auto - Use Torque with AndroidAuto

Do you want the app to incorporate it's own stats (See post #1127)

• Yes

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FormelLMS

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2009
Want a bet that even if I put them in elephant size red letters some will still ask :)
This thread has now 85 pages.
Normal, that not everyone can find everything in a minute.
Probably the idea with the screenshots is not that bad.

We have to see, that this app isn't plug'n'play only :)

Emil Borconi

Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2008
Tg. Secuiesc / Kezdivasarhely
This thread has now 85 pages.
Normal, that not everyone can find everything in a minute.
Probably the idea with the screenshots is not that bad.

We have to see, that this app isn't plug'n'play only :)
I know hence not getting upset if anybody asks same question again... I will try to do that today once I finished packing...

Reactions: FormelLMS

Max-SK

Aug 13, 2012
Unknown source and developer was set properly. After reinstall of both apps all is working fine. Thankx for help. And one tip for new feature: after connecting to car, is possible filter pids to show only those which are available in car?

FormelLMS

Oct 28, 2009
@Emil Borconi

Sorry to say, but in the last beta there are not only speed camera notifications, there are the "danger" notifications for road works and traffic jams again.
Those where not with latest alpha :'(

FormelLMS

Oct 28, 2009
It's your countries fault you have too much hazard on the road :) I'll email you the latest alpha APK.
That's definitely right :(

Could you tell me, what's different between those two in things of speed cameras database? (Why the beta shows them and the alpha not?)

Only to know the system.

Emil Borconi

Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2008
That's definitely right :(

Could you tell me, what's different between those two in things of speed cameras database? (Why the beta shows them and the alpha not?)

Only to know the system.
I might had messed up the mobile database in the alphas but it's correct in the beta. I think all those hazards are only available in the mobile database.

FormelLMS

Oct 28, 2009
I might had messed up the mobile database in the alphas but it's correct in the beta. I think all those hazards are only available in the mobile database.
Ok, was afraid of the answer and you gave it to me.
So there are two directions: first without mobile database and second with and with all thousands alerts on this damn german roads :cry:

scoobdude

Jan 8, 2008
Unknown source and developer was set properly. After reinstall of both apps all is working fine. Thankx for help. And one tip for new feature: after connecting to car, is possible filter pids to show only those which are available in car?
Torque has an option to show only available pids while connected. In theory maybe you could set up obd2aa while the ECU is connected to torque and the list would only be out available pids?

Also part up your wall papers guys. I can't think of anything I want to put in the background so let's see everyone's

Emil Borconi

Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2008
Torque has an option to show only available pids while connected. In theory maybe you could set up obd2aa while the ECU is connected to torque and the list would only be out available pids?

Also part up your wall papers guys. I can't think of anything I want to put in the background so let's see everyone's
I know but if I switch that on, you won't be able to do any configuration without being connected to the ECU which I consider to be a drawback.

ilgaspa

Apr 1, 2010
Hi Emil,

First things first, thank you for creating this awesome app! It really makes up for the main shortcomings I always found in Android Auto :)

First things first, I wanted to tell you that I'm Italian and should you consider to add language support I'd happily carry on the translation, just send me the string file in English ;)

Second.. if I may, I'd suggest
- letting the user configure the distance and number of alerts for speed cameras :)
- add a third page after OBD2 and TPMS dedicated to speed cameras, coyote style ? there there should be a button to temporary mute the alerts :)

Lemme know what you think of these ideas please :)

Reactions: adfurgerson

Emil Borconi

Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2008
Hi Emil,

First things first, thank you for creating this awesome app! It really makes up for the main shortcomings I always found in Android Auto :)

First things first, I wanted to tell you that I'm Italian and should you consider to add language support I'd happily carry on the translation, just send me the string file in English ;)

Second.. if I may, I'd suggest
- letting the user configure the distance and number of alerts for speed cameras :)
- add a third page after OBD2 and TPMS dedicated to speed cameras, coyote style ? there there should be a button to temporary mute the alerts :)

Lemme know what you think of these ideas please :)
Hi.

Yes if you can help with translation I will happily add Italian language to the app.

Distance/alerts configuration is in the roadmap

Not sure I'm following your last point.

However that being said I'm just in the airport lounge and I'm flying away for a holiday till the 20th of November so development will be frozen till then.

Please shoot me an email and I will send you the strings needing translation.

badabing2003

Sep 17, 2012
I know but if I switch that on, you won't be able to do any configuration without being connected to the ECU which I consider to be a drawback.

Why not connect to ECU one time, get the list, store the list and then use it as a filter.
The only time a user would need to update / resync the list is if they change the obd2 device, or the car.
You could have a resync option, which would require ECU connection.

Just an idea.
PS thanks for a really neat App.
I just have to read and catchup on how best people are using it.
I see TPMS, camera, alerts, ... Have no clue or idea about how to add / use them, but I'll manage finding the info.

ilgaspa

Apr 1, 2010
Please shoot me an email and I will send you the strings needing translation.
I'll send you a PM with my mail address in a couple of minutes :)

Not sure I'm following your last point.
When using obd2aa in Android auto you can currently choose two "views" using the hamburger menu button in the upper left corner : OBD2 or TPMS. I suggest adding a third "Speed Cameras" page, where one can always see the nearest speed cameras, camera distance and mute/unmute the sound alerts. This way we're be able to enable and disable speed camera alerts without using the phone :)

Something like coyote or other speed camera alerters have, look at the attachment :)

Attachments

Emil Borconi

Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2008

When using obd2aa in Android auto you can currently choose two "views" using the hamburger menu button in the upper left corner : OBD2 or TPMS. I suggest adding a third "Speed Cameras" page, where one can always see the nearest speed cameras, camera distance and mute/unmute the sound alerts. This way we're be able to enable and disable speed camera alerts without using the phone :)

Something like coyote or other speed camera alerters have, look at the attachment :)
Now it makes sense, I will add it to the wish list.

Reactions: adfurgerson

schultp

Jan 20, 2013
Is there an 'About or 'version's screen in OBD2AA? Off so, I'm not finding it. Simply curiosity. I don't need to see one myself.

Paul

sosimple

Sep 8, 2008
Ioannina

I don't think a page only for speedcam will be a good idea..
Most of the time we all have the main screen with speed etc, where we want AND speedcam notifications at the same time. As it is now.
A special page with probably more info about speed camera, roads etc may be interesting as long as the usebility of the app as it is now, doesn't decrease..

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

scoobdude

Jan 8, 2008

Lol, I was putting this more on the end user. Something like the steps below. You have allot on your hands already. Plus with pulling the list there would need to be a way to tell it to refresh etc. So for the end user:

1) Connect to elm device
2) turn key to on (with or without starting the car)
3) make sure show only active pids is selected in menu on torque
4) configure gauges in obd2aa and then close app
5) plug in phone or however you use Android auto

I'll give it a try here in a few to see if it works.

*UPDATE* Nope, did not seem to work. The lists did not match. I waited till the ECU showed connected but there was still stuff missing from both lol. Oh well, was worth a shot ?

Last edited: