I don't think you can do that (found this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1770076)How to delete message?
Peregrine Browser tries to replace http:// with https://. Some websites don't support https:// properly. Peregrine Browser will end up showing an error.Couldn't open wololo.net http is replaced by https
Yey, actually it can stream or play video from YouTube site while screen is OFF.
Just tested this browser (found out about it on xda Labs). So, my opinion so far: its very light, very fast, but there are 3 features that are deal breakers for me
1) Videos start playing by themselves on facebook (i prefer to use it on the browser). The videos start muted, but i dont like it as it consumes more internet data.
2) the nav bar. Its very good and very organized (especially the color changing) but that fact that its down on the screen bugs me a little. It would be fantastic to be able to choose its position on screen
3)the nav bar again. It occupies the a lot on my screen, so if it could autohide (like in chrome) it would be very nice.
About the other features, they are all great, no complaints, congrats for the nice app. If these features got implemented some day, i may use it as my browser. I'll keep an eye on future updates!
Why fullscreen option has been removed?
No, I mean full screen option is not in the menu..The fullscreen option hasn't been removed, however it doesn't seem to work anymore on YouTube (on other websites, fullscreen mode works just fine for me).
I think this is a bug of Google, but I'll try to search for a workaround.
*** Disclaimer *** I am not responsible for anything you do (like hacking, visiting illegal websites, etc.) with this browser. *** end ***
Peregrine Browser is one of the most lightweight webbrowsers available.
Download sizes are:
Smaller than 200kb on Android 4.4 KitKat.
Smaller than 100kb on Android 5.0 Lollipop and higher.
I focus the development of this browser on it's size, speed, security and it's night mode.
• Night mode, browse the web better at night.
• Ad blocking, to get rid of those annoying ads.
• Safe Browsing and Secure Connect, browse the web more secure.
• Page Acceleration, to view faster versions of websites.
• Private tabs, for if you don't want someone to view some sites in your history.
• Desktop mode, for if you prefer the PC version of websites.
• Choose between 7 of the most used search engines.
• Tabs and urlbar at the bottom of your screen, useful if you want to reach it on big phones.
• Developer tools, useful for if your website isn't working on phones and you want to know why.
• Permission handling, for if you want to allow website A to view your location, but website B not.
You can download Peregrine Browser on XDA-Labs: https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.marc.browse
You can also download Peregrine Browser on the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marc.browse
Q: On which Android versions does this work?
A: Android 4.4 KitKat and Android 5 Lollipop and higher. You'll also need WebView (Android 5 & 6) or Google Chrome (Android 7+) to run on the latest version (older versions probably work, but are not supported).
Q: Peregrine Browser says it runs on Chrome 42. When will you upgrade to Chrome x?
A: Peregrine Browser uses the WebView component from the system.
It is recomended that you use the WebView from Google (Android 5+), because it will be updated to the latest version.
On Android 7+, Google Chrome could also be used as WebView component.
Therefore, Google needs to update that and not me.
Q: A website I want to visit won't open.
A: We block some websites because of their content (for example, sites that could contain malware). Try disabling AdBlock or Safe Browsing.