Beta version just crashes, does not work at all!
What Android version are you currently using? Can you try the latest beta update to see if it fixes it?
According to the Google Play Developer Console, there is a bug on some Android 7.1 devices.
(This is also why the update hasn't been rolled out to stable)
The bug probably wouldn't be there if HTC just updated the HTC 10, but it's still on Android 7.0 and the January security patch... Even Samsung does a better job with updates.
- The Hub takes long to load because it will load 500+ history items, I'm working to reduce it to ~100 with a "load more" button (most other browsers also don't load all history at the same time).
- Recently some bugs with adding websites to Start have been fixed, but unfortunately it is not yet bugfree.
- All feedback here is getting read, but it will take a lot of time to implement everything.
*** Disclaimer *** I am not responsible for anything you do (like hacking, visiting illegal websites, etc.) with this browser. *** end ***
Peregrine Browser is one of the most lightweight webbrowsers available.
Download sizes are:
Smaller than 200kb on Android 4.4 KitKat.
Smaller than 100kb on Android 5.0 Lollipop and higher.
I focus the development of this browser on it's size, speed, security and it's night mode.
• Night mode, browse the web better at night.
• Ad blocking, to get rid of those annoying ads.
• Safe Browsing and Secure Connect, browse the web more secure.
• Page Acceleration, to view faster versions of websites.
• Private tabs, for if you don't want someone to view some sites in your history.
• Desktop mode, for if you prefer the PC version of websites.
• Choose between 7 of the most used search engines.
• Tabs and urlbar at the bottom of your screen, useful if you want to reach it on big phones.
• Developer tools, useful for if your website isn't working on phones and you want to know why.
• Permission handling, for if you want to allow website A to view your location, but website B not.
You can download Peregrine Browser on XDA-Labs: https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.marc.browse
You can also download Peregrine Browser on the Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marc.browse
Q: On which Android versions does this work?
A: Android 4.4 KitKat and Android 5 Lollipop and higher. You'll also need WebView (Android 5 & 6) or Google Chrome (Android 7+) to run on the latest version (older versions probably work, but are not supported).
Q: Peregrine Browser says it runs on Chrome 42. When will you upgrade to Chrome x?
A: Peregrine Browser uses the WebView component from the system.
It is recomended that you use the WebView from Google (Android 5+), because it will be updated to the latest version.
On Android 7+, Google Chrome could also be used as WebView component.
Therefore, Google needs to update that and not me.
Q: A website I want to visit won't open.
A: We block some websites because of their content (for example, sites that could contain malware). Try disabling AdBlock or Safe Browsing.