[APP][5.0+] qeuBot - Chatbot for WhatsApp (no root)

Search This thread

EatHeat

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 5, 2013
Calcutta
www.facebook.com
qeuBot is a personal chatbot similar to Telegram inline bots or any other chatbots you may have encountered elsewhere. It can perform online operations as well as offline ones seamlessly through WhatsApp itself. No registration or adding of phone numbers is required.

Accessibility service needs to be turned on for qeuBot to work. With the app itself being less than 2 MB in size, it requires a maximum of 20-25 MB RAM when performing complex operations, while at other times, it requires no more than 5-10 MB to run in background. qeuBot runs only when WhatsApp is running in foreground and ignores all other foreground and background apps or services.

Screenshots

Screenshots are attached to the end of this post. Here's the link to the Imgur Album.

Features
Currently, qeuBot is capable of performing the following operations:
- Looking up Wikipedia articles
- Performing mathematical calculations
- Fetching news regarding any topic through Google News
- Providing movie ratings through IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes
- GIF search through Giphy
- Image search through Bing (Note that you need to use your own API key to avail this service)
- Current day and 5-day weather forecast of any region through Yahoo Weather
- Daily horoscope

More features will be added accordingly. Request for more features will be entertained in thread, not in PM.
*While most of the features can be used free of cost, you will need to make an in-app purchase to use image/GIF search and news search*

Privacy
No information is collected at all for the use of this app. We do not need to know your name, phone number, email address or anything of the sort for you to use the app. All kinds of exchange happen entirely between you and the 3rd party service providing you with the required information. There is no middle man, there is no logging of the queries you make, not even for analytics.

Is this legal?
Yes, completely. While WhatsApp has been known to ban accounts/numbers acting as bots, this will not be the case here. There is no phone number that one should add in a group or send a message to in order to get a reply. The app works independent of the service without exploiting any unofficial APIs.

Icon designed by @b16h22. Follow him here - https://plus.google.com/+RahulKDinesh

Note
- MIUI devices are not supported officially (yet)
- Image Search requires a Bing API Key which is available free of cost with rate limits upto 1000 calls per month. Get yours here - https://www.microsoft.com/cognitive-services/en-us/bing-image-search-api

Important Links
1. Play Store
2. Google+

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 9,982
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 10,021
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 10,805
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 10,510
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 10,214
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 9,584
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 9,501
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 9,250
Last edited:

EatHeat

Jan 5, 2013
Calcutta
www.facebook.com
Changelog

• V1.0
    • Initial Release.
  • V1.01
    • Minor Fix
  • V1.02
    • Fixed GIF not working with some devices
    • Added support for unofficial WhatsApp Mods
  • V1.04
    • Fixed permission crash on lollipop devices
    • Fixed having to confirm premium status after reboot or update
  • V1.05
    • Fixed preference not sticking
    • Added option to show toast after recognizing command
  • V1.08
    • Wikipedia multi-language support
    • Increased number of GIF and Image search
    • Probably fixed a bug causing weather to crash on some devices
    • App translated to Indonesian, German, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese and French

Last edited:

EatHeat

Jan 5, 2013
Calcutta
www.facebook.com
UPDATE
After getting a lot of requests, instead of going the paid way, most of the features are now available for free with just GIF/Image search and news search as paid addons which can be unlocked through a single in-app purchase.

Please do not PM for support, rather use the thread or the G+ community so that everyone can benefit.

raj.parekh07

May 18, 2012
First of all thank you for making it free.
It's an amazing app which is very useful at least for me in certain conversation.

One thing annoyed me is,
When I use things like news or horoscope or anything with text.
I don't know whether it's working in background or app is killed.
If you can add something like spinner or loader it would be good.

Anyways thumbs up for the app.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

EatHeat

Jan 5, 2013
Calcutta
www.facebook.com
First of all thank you for making it free.
It's an amazing app which is very useful at least for me in certain conversation.

One thing annoyed me is,
When I use things like news or horoscope or anything with text.
I don't know whether it's working in background or app is killed.
If you can add something like spinner or loader it would be good.

Anyways thumbs up for the app.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Latest update has an option under "Extras" to show a short toast message when an action has been triggered.

Reactions: raj.parekh07

torecdude

Feb 20, 2014
Great work, i hope you can take this to next level by making a " google assistant" as in google Allo to Whatsapp.
Edit: could not make the calculator to work on nexus 6 android 7.0

EatHeat

Jan 5, 2013
Calcutta
www.facebook.com
Great work, i hope you can take this to next level by making a " google assistant" as in google Allo to Whatsapp.
Edit: could not make the calculator to work on nexus 6 android 7.0

Making a separate assistant will be useless since people will expect it to be on the same level as Google Assistant. Let's wait till Google opens up their API, then I'll think about adding it.

Make sure you use only numbers for the calculator. Invalid expressions will not work.

Reactions: torecdude

torecdude

Feb 20, 2014
Making a separate assistant will be useless since people will expect it to be on the same level as Google Assistant. Let's wait till Google opens up their API, then I'll think about adding it.

Make sure you use only numbers for the calculator. Invalid expressions will not work.
Tried 5-4 @Cal and (5-4) @Cal and 9*5 @Cal or even the same expression as in the guide but nothing happens

skuhn1978

May 26, 2012
Nice App, would like to see if it could handle other languages. Wiki, News and other with german result would be awesome.

Tarcis

Mar 11, 2015
Could you please add an event organizer?
By creating an event in a whatsapp group, the members will answer @in or @out and the bot will keep count of who´s in and out.

RuggeDXBoY

Sep 18, 2016
The app is telling me not to use a pirated version of the app, which I'm not. I downloaded it from the Google Play Store but I can't buy the rest of the features! Am I the only one that has this problem?

Last edited:

sidagg

Aug 7, 2016
Qeubot bot is not showing in whatsapp. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161115-031250.png
    Screenshot_20161115-031250.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 226
  • Screenshot_20161115-031242.png
    Screenshot_20161115-031242.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 223
  • Screenshot_20161115-031236.png
    Screenshot_20161115-031236.png
    108 KB · Views: 224

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    qeuBot is a personal chatbot similar to Telegram inline bots or any other chatbots you may have encountered elsewhere. It can perform online operations as well as offline ones seamlessly through WhatsApp itself. No registration or adding of phone numbers is required.

Accessibility service needs to be turned on for qeuBot to work. With the app itself being less than 2 MB in size, it requires a maximum of 20-25 MB RAM when performing complex operations, while at other times, it requires no more than 5-10 MB to run in background. qeuBot runs only when WhatsApp is running in foreground and ignores all other foreground and background apps or services.

Screenshots

Screenshots are attached to the end of this post. Here's the link to the Imgur Album.

Features
    Currently, qeuBot is capable of performing the following operations:
    - Looking up Wikipedia articles
    - Performing mathematical calculations
    - Fetching news regarding any topic through Google News
    - Providing movie ratings through IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes
    - GIF search through Giphy
    - Image search through Bing (Note that you need to use your own API key to avail this service)
    - Current day and 5-day weather forecast of any region through Yahoo Weather
    - Daily horoscope

More features will be added accordingly. Request for more features will be entertained in thread, not in PM.
    *While most of the features can be used free of cost, you will need to make an in-app purchase to use image/GIF search and news search*

Privacy
    No information is collected at all for the use of this app. We do not need to know your name, phone number, email address or anything of the sort for you to use the app. All kinds of exchange happen entirely between you and the 3rd party service providing you with the required information. There is no middle man, there is no logging of the queries you make, not even for analytics.

Is this legal?
    Yes, completely. While WhatsApp has been known to ban accounts/numbers acting as bots, this will not be the case here. There is no phone number that one should add in a group or send a message to in order to get a reply. The app works independent of the service without exploiting any unofficial APIs.

Icon designed by @b16h22. Follow him here - https://plus.google.com/+RahulKDinesh

Note
    - MIUI devices are not supported officially (yet)
    - Image Search requires a Bing API Key which is available free of cost with rate limits upto 1000 calls per month. Get yours here - https://www.microsoft.com/cognitive-services/en-us/bing-image-search-api

Important Links
    1. Play Store
    2. Google+
    Changelog

• V1.0
      • Initial Release.
    • V1.01
      • Minor Fix
    • V1.02
      • Fixed GIF not working with some devices
      • Added support for unofficial WhatsApp Mods
    • V1.04
      • Fixed permission crash on lollipop devices
      • Fixed having to confirm premium status after reboot or update
    • V1.05
      • Fixed preference not sticking
      • Added option to show toast after recognizing command
    • V1.08
      • Wikipedia multi-language support
      • Increased number of GIF and Image search
      • Probably fixed a bug causing weather to crash on some devices
      • App translated to Indonesian, German, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese and French
    It worked for me depending on how I set it up.
    Was thinking other way but this is how it worked for me.
    After setting it up and allowing all the permissions.
    I created a new group. With myself & started testing, it was working.
    If you take it out to an existing group or chat it doesn't work.

If you can share how it worked after setting it up and allowing all permissions.

Did it work with an existing group or chat?

It should work in every chat by default. I have not coded anything chat specific.

Installed it fresh from playstore

pressed ok here

clicked on the red warning. It took me to accessibility page.

turned accessibility on for quebot

Opened whatsapp. New Group. Cats@gif

Old group. Dogs@gif

Thanks a lot for helping with the step by step procedure. :)
    Great application, I really like the idea.
    One feature request: being able to select news sources.

Definitely doable. Will be done.

Also a bit of clarification regarding updates. Next update ETA is 10th of December. Due to ongoing exams I won't be able to update the app at least before the 5th of next month. I've received a few translations for the app. They will all be integrated with the next update along with a few more features.
    UPDATE
    After getting a lot of requests, instead of going the paid way, most of the features are now available for free with just GIF/Image search and news search as paid addons which can be unlocked through a single in-app purchase.

Please do not PM for support, rather use the thread or the G+ community so that everyone can benefit.