[APP][5.0+][ROOT] Play Music Exporter

Search This thread

patrafter

Aug 27, 2011
I'm so glad I found this. any chance you can put the apk on your github page for those that dont want to get f-droid. I wanna run it in a emulator on the comp

HMD2001

Dec 22, 2016
It doesn't seem to be installed on jellybean:crying:
Big loss:crying:
Although, excellent app:cowboy:

jcgruenhage

Sep 29, 2016
Kar
I'm so glad I found this. any chance you can put the apk on your github page for those that dont want to get f-droid. I wanna run it in a emulator on the comp

You can download the apk from F-Droid. Go to https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdfilter=re.jcg&fdid=re.jcg.playmusicexporter, scroll a bit down, and you will find an apk download link for every version.

It doesn't seem to be installed on jellybean:crying:
Big loss:crying:
Although, excellent app:cowboy:

Yeah, the app requires Lollipop :/
All that the app does could be hacked together to run on ICS, JB and KK, but that would be a lot of work, that I don't consider worth it, considering that most people that use this app are custom rom enthusiasts and we have 70%+ Nougat users.

geogal

Dec 9, 2010
Sorry to hear this, I will look into it, once I have time for that. Does the original app work for you? Or an older version? You can find those on github.

Is there any way I can help with resolution to this issue? I use Nexus 6P on 7.1.1 and have tried various versions of the app with no avail. If I can provide any sort of logs or full repro steps let me know.

jcgruenhage

Sep 29, 2016
Kar
Is there any way I can help with resolution to this issue? I use Nexus 6P on 7.1.1 and have tried various versions of the app with no avail. If I can provide any sort of logs or full repro steps let me know.

What might help is trying the app on a clean install of LineageOS with stock GAPPS and their SU-Addon only. If that doesn't work, I'll need to dig a lot deeper, which currently doesn't fit into my schedule..

DragonSpitz

Nov 12, 2016
Ottapalam
I have some issues in the app when in magisk su. Magisk says granted but , the app says SuperSU access denied.... Does this works on magisk su?

Sent from my Lenovo K5 Plus using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everybody,

some of you might have known this app, but that hasn't been updated in a while. I therefore decided to fork the "new" beta a few months back, and I got that working again and extended it a bit.

What is it?

Basically, it's an app that takes the cached and downloaded songs of Google Play Music, adds ID3 tags to them from the database of GPM, searches for covers online, and saves all that together in an MP3 wherever you want.

Bug reports and Feature Requests:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here, or in the matrix discussion room. If you find any bugs, or have feature requests, please check the issue tracker on github, if you can't find it, report it there, post in this thread, or write a message in the discussion room linked above.

Download:

You can download the app either on F-Droid, or XDA-Labs. Please note though, that the release to F-Droid is a bit faster, since it is automatic, and I only add a release on XDA-Labs, after it has been successfully published to F-Droid.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Play Music Exporter, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    jcgruenhage, Arcus92
    Source Code: https://github.com/jcgruenhage/PlayMusicExporter

Version Information

Created 2017-03-19
    Last Updated 2017-03-23
    Excellent work reviving a really useful app!

A few things I think this app could do with, which the original app had to some extent, are:

1. The ability to select and export whole albums in one click, rater than going into each album and selecting all tracks
    2. An indication of which tracks and albums have already been exported; otherwise if you're manually exporting there is no way of telling what's been exported and not
    3. The ability to initiate the save/export from the album/artist list view once a selection across multiple albums has been made

I really like the automated feature :good:
    Yeah, plus I for one would like an nice UI to use... Had a look at Youtube-dl and it's definately not my cup of tea.
    I would like an app similar to Music Exporter.
    Yea. Maybe once I get a new laptop I'll use this as a way to learn java and see if I can't get something working, however the app is pretty complex so I doubt I'll be able to get it working.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs
    Edit: saw your request for issues to be posted on Git. Sorry.

Well, I guess if I post this here, I should be able to check every now and then, just changed the description above, post issues wherever you want, I'll collect them on github ^^

On to your issue however: There have been a few people reporting this on the original app, and so far, I have not found the cause. However, using the automatic export, I have seen a few hundred songs getting exported without any delay, so maybe unifying the export calls of these two operations might help.
    Doesn't work with MagiskSU.