[APP][5.0+] SeeFood | Recognise food from picture | Straight outta Silicon Valley!

Search This thread

ace312

Sep 9, 2014
Mumbai
n4cgSVA.jpg

Announcing SeeFood BETA 1.0

SeeFood is a simple interface which helps you to recognise food categories with ease, a concept which was introduced in a TV Show (Silicon Valley) in S04E03. (Clipping here : https://youtu.be/5_U2TN0vk3w)

Disclaimer

1. Since the application is in BETA, it only supports 11 food categories. I am working on adding more as soon as possible. You can check/request for more food categories below.

2. I am a college student, and I don't have the resources to keep high end servers running. The app might be slow at times. Please bear with me.

3. Again, the app is in BETA. A detailed analysis of the picture(that is, name of the dish rather than the category) would be rolled out with next update!

Get the app here (Only Android) : https://goo.gl/Zh71ny

Screenshots

The usage of the application is quite simple!

1. Start the camera within the application by tapping on the FAB (Eye Button).
2. Click a picture of your food
3. Wait for us to do our job!

SeeFood can currently recognise from 11 food categories. Support for recognising particular dishes will be added with the next update, which is scheduled in a day or two.​

More information about food categories can be found here : https://github.com/C-Aniruddh/seeFood/blob/master/FOOD.md

So use it, rate it, review it, and most importantly, SHARE it!

Last edited:

wolfballz

Jul 11, 2012
San Diego. CA
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Please don't take this as knocking your work but, what purpose does this really serve? I just can't think of what one would use this for to categorize food when taking a picture since you probably know what it is you're eating. I must be missing something, and again not degrading your work just trying to understand what use this would have.

ace312

Sep 9, 2014
Mumbai
Please don't take this as knocking your work but, what purpose does this really serve? I just can't think of what one would use this for to categorize food when taking a picture since you probably know what it is you're eating. I must be missing something, and again not degrading your work just trying to understand what use this would have.

I understand! I am constantly working on implementing recognition of dishes! Currently I have support for 112 dishes, and with just 112 dishes, the inaccuracy would be huge. So i decided to delay it until I have enough amount of dishes! You can request for support of dishes from the app. Once the dishes are implemented, I can add average calorie amount, recipes, etc. But for that, I need help from you all! This is more of a representation of the potential of the app! Give it some time, and it'll grow :)

I hope to see you using the app with dishes support soon! :)

I hope you understand!

Thanks for trying out SeeFood!

varounmirchi

Jan 22, 2015
New Delhi
What would be really interesting is to see how this app fares up against the upcoming google lens. In their promotional video, they showcased a feature where it could analyse flowers, so one can only presume that google lens might just be able to perform this task as well.

k1ng440

Aug 23, 2011
Dhaka
What would be really interesting is to see how this app fares up against the upcoming google lens. In their promotional video, they showcased a feature where it could analyse flowers, so one can only presume that google lens might just be able to perform this task as well.

sadly but true. google has everything to out perform this app but nothing can beat HBO's Silicon Valley :D

ace312

Sep 9, 2014
Mumbai

sadly but true. google has everything to out perform this app but nothing can beat HBO's Silicon Valley :D

Haha yes! But competing with Google in their own game would be a mistake ;) :p

varounmirchi

Jan 22, 2015
New Delhi
True, but then again, it's gonna be a while till Google lens comes and even when it does, it'll be a while for it to actually enter it's productive state. Till then, this app could potentially capture the market and maybe, just maybe, be able to take the game into it's own hands.
No harm in being optimistic ✌️✌️

Reactions: ace312

ace312

Sep 9, 2014
Mumbai
True, but then again, it's gonna be a while till Google lens comes and even when it does, it'll be a while for it to actually enter it's productive state. Till then, this app could potentially capture the market and maybe, just maybe, be able to take the game into it's own hands.
No harm in being optimistic

True!

Jhayzt

Nov 1, 2011
Urdaneta

Erlich Blachman, right there. xD Just kidding mate. I actually LOL hard on a NSFW. xD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    n4cgSVA.jpg

Announcing SeeFood BETA 1.0

SeeFood is a simple interface which helps you to recognise food categories with ease, a concept which was introduced in a TV Show (Silicon Valley) in S04E03. (Clipping here : https://youtu.be/5_U2TN0vk3w)

Disclaimer

1. Since the application is in BETA, it only supports 11 food categories. I am working on adding more as soon as possible. You can check/request for more food categories below.

2. I am a college student, and I don't have the resources to keep high end servers running. The app might be slow at times. Please bear with me.

3. Again, the app is in BETA. A detailed analysis of the picture(that is, name of the dish rather than the category) would be rolled out with next update!

Get the app here (Only Android) : https://goo.gl/Zh71ny

Screenshots

The usage of the application is quite simple!

1. Start the camera within the application by tapping on the FAB (Eye Button).
    2. Click a picture of your food
    3. Wait for us to do our job!

SeeFood can currently recognise from 11 food categories. Support for recognising particular dishes will be added with the next update, which is scheduled in a day or two.​

More information about food categories can be found here : https://github.com/C-Aniruddh/seeFood/blob/master/FOOD.md

So use it, rate it, review it, and most importantly, SHARE it!
    Great work Aniruddh!
    Thug Sir! Great Work.

#PizzaPlz
    Is this 11 food categories that are all 'not hotdog'?
    Lol awesome work OP. I hope you've hired someone to troll through the bazillions of "not hotdog" wang pics on the interwebz :D