[APP][5.0+] Sunrise: Local Weather Forecasts & Radar Maps (PROMOTION CODES)

Agimax

Nov 17, 2009
Indianapolis
@_RedT_

I have downloaded the playstore version of the app on my OnePlus 8Pro. I am going to buy the premium version -however, i am having trouble with the Widgets. They are not re-sizable vertically, only horizontally. This makes them very very tiny on my launcher home screen. I currently use WeatherLive Pro and have no problems with widgets or resizing. What's even more strange, is the i have the option in developer mode checked marked to allow resizing of all widgets but it isnt allowed for some reason. I have a screenshot below showing two of the widgets, the 4x1 trying to resize to fit the larger area.

If this can be worked out, i will be more than happy to buy the lifetime premium.

Screenshot:
Screenshot_20210225-224107_resized.jpg

EDIT: I see you have disabled vertical resize since a user had an issue a few pages back. Unfortunately, my 1+8Pro has a high-def screen/high dpi. This makes the widget look like a stretched postage stamp and is not very legible. If you compare it to the top notification bar, the text is very very tiny. Maybe offer like a 5x5 like the grid or at least a 5x4 option with larger text.

Last edited:

_RedT_

Aug 7, 2019
@_RedT_

I have downloaded the playstore version of the app on my OnePlus 8Pro. I am going to buy the premium version -however, i am having trouble with the Widgets. They are not re-sizable vertically, only horizontally. This makes them very very tiny on my launcher home screen. I currently use WeatherLive Pro and have no problems with widgets or resizing. What's even more strange, is the i have the option in developer mode checked marked to allow resizing of all widgets but it isnt allowed for some reason. I have a screenshot below showing two of the widgets, the 4x1 trying to resize to fit the larger area.

If this can be worked out, i will be more than happy to buy the lifetime premium.

Screenshot:

EDIT: I see you have disabled vertical resize since a user had an issue a few pages back. Unfortunately, my 1+8Pro has a high-def screen/high dpi. This makes the widget look like a stretched postage stamp and is not very legible. If you compare it to the top notification bar, the text is very very tiny. Maybe offer like a 5x5 like the grid or at least a 5x4 option with larger text.
Did you change display setting on your device or default?

Agimax

Nov 17, 2009
Indianapolis
Did you change display setting on your device or default?
Yes. The Scaling is default, the text is even set to large, the minimum DPI is defaulted to 384, the refresh rate is 120hz and the screen is QHD+. I even went into the launcher and forced a small grid size, but it didn't change the size besides the width. I dont have any issues with any of my 30+ apps installed for widgets. I have shown a normal non-resized widget from Weather Live above yours. i'm certain it is not a phone issue. I am on Android 11, Stock.

More Screenshots:
Screenshot_20210226-071131.jpg
Screenshot_20210226-071239.jpg
Screenshot_20210226-071810.jpg
Screenshot_20210226-074044.jpg

Reactions: _RedT_

_RedT_

Aug 7, 2019
Yes. The Scaling is default, the text is even set to large, the minimum DPI is defaulted to 384, the refresh rate is 120hz and the screen is QHD+. I even went into the launcher and forced a small grid size, but it didn't change the size besides the width. I dont have any issues with any of my 30+ apps installed for widgets. I have shown a normal non-resized widget from Weather Live above yours. i'm certain it is not a phone issue. I am on Android 11, Stock.

More Screenshots:
Thanks for the information.
I will check this issue :)

Reactions: Agimax

_RedT_

Aug 7, 2019

More Screenshots:
Hi,
Could please help me test this version?
I have enable resize :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Agimax

Nov 17, 2009
Indianapolis
Hi,
Could please help me test this version?
I have enable resize :)
Absolutely.

Since the widgets are re-sizable now i am able to add all widgets to the home screen then resize them without issue. I have screenshots of all of them stretching from original size 4x1 to 5x2, 5x3 and 5x4. Everything appears correct. HOWEVER -there is a strange 'bug' that occurs if you have already resized a widget then add a second widget to any screen -it resets the other widgets to default internal size or super-sizes the text if you pick a different widget. You can also just click on any widget to open the app and upon updating the ads or weather data changes the screen widgets to supersize or small text too.

I have screenshots of each instance and can duplicate the issue successfully every time. The widgets that have shrunk or supersized can just be resized to restore their larger or smaller size back. That definitely shouldn't be happening, something is updating the size of previous widgets. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Normal widgets added to homescreen THEN resized them after appears OK:
Screenshot_20210227-045602.jpg
Screenshot_20210227-045607.jpg

Opening the app through widget with AD or weather updating forces Super Sized Widgets:
Screenshot_20210227-051124.jpg

Creating a second widget from the exact widget picked the first time causes previous widget to reduce internal size:
Screenshot_20210227-051157.jpg

Reactions: _RedT_