[APP][5.0+] Super Status Bar - Ticker Text, Gestures, Icon Styles, Brightness Control

Search This thread

TomBayley1

Dec 15, 2014
play.google.com

app-icon-rounded.png

Super Status Bar

Ticker Text, Gestures, Icon Styles, Brightness & Volume Control, and more!

xda.jpg

Super Status Bar adds useful tweaks to your status bar such as gestures, notification previews, and quick brightness & volume control.
Everything about the app and its tweaks is fully customizable, making it easy to change things to the way that you like.

STATUS BAR BRIGHTNESS & VOLUME
- Easily change brightness and volume just by swiping along the status bar
- Includes: Brightness control as well as music/media, ring, notification, voice call and alarm volumes
- Able to automatically detect the type of sound playing. If you're listening to music, swiping along the status bar will change your music volume

STATUS BAR NOTIFICATION TICKER TEXT
- Bring back the unobtrusive status bar notification ticker text
- When a new notification arrives, it will display along your status bar
- The style can be fully customized to you're liking
- Replaces your heads up notifications you enable it

GESTURES
- You can use simple gestures in the status bar to perform custom actions
- Including: tap, double tap, long press and swipe left/right

Available actions:
- Double tap to sleep (turn off screen)
- Flashlight / Torch
- Toggle rotation
- Open apps
- Open app shortcuts
- Screenshot
- Power off menu
- Back / Home / Recents
- Go to previous / next app
- Set brightness (when tapping)
- Expand notifications
- Expand quick settings
- Split screen

ICON STYLES
- Change the style of the status bar icons to iOS 13, MIUI 11 or Android Q (more coming soon!)
- Hide status bar icons you don't want to see
- Change the color of icons and the status bar background

STATUS BAR MODS
- Vibrate when tapping quick settings

BATTERY BAR
- Display your current battery level as a small bar along the status bar
- Animates when charging
- Fully customizable with colors and positioning

LINKS
Twitter: https://twitter.com/tombayleyapps
Telegram: https://t.me/SuperStatusBar
FAQ: https://tombayley.dev/apps/super-status-bar/faq/
Email: support@tombayley.dev

JIJOK

Jun 24, 2015
Cool app, love the brightness gesture control. Two things ( at least on my phone ) when select the option to "reset to default" cancel button is 2 parts : canc ( top) el ( under it ), the other one, my wallpaper is blue/light blue, kinda same as battery line, I know is a pay option but maybe add one more color for free

TomBayley1

Dec 15, 2014
play.google.com
Cool app, love the brightness gesture control. Two things ( at least on my phone ) when select the option to "reset to default" cancel button is 2 parts : canc ( top) el ( under it ), the other one, my wallpaper is blue/light blue, kinda same as battery line, I know is a pay option but maybe add one more color for free

Hi! I will improve the reset dialog buttons in the next update.
And as for the battery bar, I think you're right, the color should probably be free. I'll consider this in the following updates.

Reactions: mauam

TomBayley1

Dec 15, 2014
play.google.com

The dialog issue should be fixed in the latest update.
I've also made the battery bar color free. It should have been free in the first place, so thanks for asking!

Reactions: mauam and JIJOK

Snot Here

Jan 12, 2020
Dallas
Great app! My Android 7.1 TV box finally has a status bar. I bought the $1.49 upgrade for the copy on my Android 6 phone. Pretty low cost for lots of cool customization options.

It would be even better if the "custom" status bar could be made transparent or semi-transparent.

polo_naref

Oct 21, 2016
Works great, worth the price. I have a feature request though, the possibility to increase the long-press delay. I often open the associated app when I swipe along the status bar. I need to practice to make it not happen.

Reactions: Snot Here

Zaxx32

Mar 23, 2019
Morgantown
Moto G5 Plus
Moto G7
Definitely worth a buck fifty for sure! It a bit rough around the edges as any initial release would be, but the functionality is there and I'm sure it'll 'smooth and improve' over time. I'll post up and ask questions after using it for a while PLUS hunt down any other apps that may not be compatible or cause glitches etc....so far, for me, Powershade (ofc ) had to go, as well as Battery Overlay. Overall tho, a great app so far!

TomBayley1

Dec 15, 2014
play.google.com
Great app! My Android 7.1 TV box finally has a status bar. I bought the $1.49 upgrade for the copy on my Android 6 phone. Pretty low cost for lots of cool customization options.

It would be even better if the "custom" status bar could be made transparent or semi-transparent.

Thanks for the support!
Unfortunately the "Custom" status bar can't be made transparent because it is just an overlay.
If it was semi transparent, you'd be able to see the original icons behind it.
There's no way to actually change the icon styles without adding an overlay, like the Custom status bar

Reactions: Snot Here

TomBayley1

Dec 15, 2014
play.google.com
Great apps , may i translate to bahasa indonesia, it will more user friendly for indonesian
I replied to your PM

Works great, worth the price. I have a feature request though, the possibility to increase the long-press delay. I often open the associated app when I swipe along the status bar. I need to practice to make it not happen.
I'll add this in the update after the next ? (I'm getting ready to release an update tomorrow, it'll be in the update after this)

Definitely worth a buck fifty for sure! It a bit rough around the edges as any initial release would be, but the functionality is there and I'm sure it'll 'smooth and improve' over time. I'll post up and ask questions after using it for a while PLUS hunt down any other apps that may not be compatible or cause glitches etc....so far, for me, Powershade (ofc ) had to go, as well as Battery Overlay. Overall tho, a great app so far!
Glad you're liking it!
What parts of the app do you think are rough?

kam333

Hi Tom,
Yet another great app from you!
I have a few suggestions I hope you'll consider.

1. Option to view battery % inside battery icon (see screenshot)

2. Option to blacklist certain apps, I understand why it can't be transparent so I would like to disable it on my launcher, which is the only place my stock status bar is transparent.

3. Possibly allow per app custom colours, maybe long press option to set the colour whilst in the app. The auto theme doesn't match a few apps.

Besides these points, really liking this & I've been looking for something like it to bring some order to my status bar because of the big notch.

ThanksScreenshot_20200316_181933.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

JIJOK

Jun 24, 2015
The dialog issue should be fixed in the latest update.
I've also made the battery bar color free. It should have been free in the first place, so thanks for asking!

Yeah, noticed on the update :good: but needed more time to "review" lol , app is great I like simple and useful light apps, so gonna get pro stuff

Snot Here

Jan 12, 2020
Dallas
Thanks for the support!
Unfortunately the "Custom" status bar can't be made transparent because it is just an overlay.
If it was semi transparent, you'd be able to see the original icons behind it.
Yeah, that wouldn't be good!

Ironically, it would work on my TV box, because it has no status bar! But that's a pretty unusual situation.

Besides, I found a better solution for my TV box: MIUI-ify, which is another of your apps! It can create a mini-status bar at the bottom, where it can be transparent without letting something unwanted "show through." And of course it adds a notification shade, which I never had before (lacking a true status bar).

I'm keeping the Super Status Bar on my phone though. Thanks again for both great apps.

TomBayley1

Dec 15, 2014
play.google.com
Hi Tom,
Yet another great app from you!
I have a few suggestions I hope you'll consider.

1. Option to view battery % inside battery icon (see screenshot)

2. Option to blacklist certain apps, I understand why it can't be transparent so I would like to disable it on my launcher, which is the only place my stock status bar is transparent.

3. Possibly allow per app custom colours, maybe long press option to set the colour whilst in the app. The auto theme doesn't match a few apps.

Besides these points, really liking this & I've been looking for something like it to bring some order to my status bar because of the big notch.

Thanks
I replied to you on Telegram, but incase others were interested:
1 & 2. I'll add these to my list
3. This'll be coming soon

Reactions: kam333

TomBayley1

Dec 15, 2014
play.google.com
Also, for anyone waiting for updates, Google has stated that any new app updates can take 7 days to appear on the Play store, as a result of COVID-19.
So updates may be a bit delayed, for the next few weeks.

Reactions: kam333

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

app-icon-rounded.png

Super Status Bar

Ticker Text, Gestures, Icon Styles, Brightness & Volume Control, and more!

xda.jpg

Super Status Bar adds useful tweaks to your status bar such as gestures, notification previews, and quick brightness & volume control.
    Everything about the app and its tweaks is fully customizable, making it easy to change things to the way that you like.

STATUS BAR BRIGHTNESS & VOLUME
    - Easily change brightness and volume just by swiping along the status bar
    - Includes: Brightness control as well as music/media, ring, notification, voice call and alarm volumes
    - Able to automatically detect the type of sound playing. If you're listening to music, swiping along the status bar will change your music volume

STATUS BAR NOTIFICATION TICKER TEXT
    - Bring back the unobtrusive status bar notification ticker text
    - When a new notification arrives, it will display along your status bar
    - The style can be fully customized to you're liking
    - Replaces your heads up notifications you enable it

GESTURES
    - You can use simple gestures in the status bar to perform custom actions
    - Including: tap, double tap, long press and swipe left/right

Available actions:
    - Double tap to sleep (turn off screen)
    - Flashlight / Torch
    - Toggle rotation
    - Open apps
    - Open app shortcuts
    - Screenshot
    - Power off menu
    - Back / Home / Recents
    - Go to previous / next app
    - Set brightness (when tapping)
    - Expand notifications
    - Expand quick settings
    - Split screen

ICON STYLES
    - Change the style of the status bar icons to iOS 13, MIUI 11 or Android Q (more coming soon!)
    - Hide status bar icons you don't want to see
    - Change the color of icons and the status bar background

STATUS BAR MODS
    - Vibrate when tapping quick settings

BATTERY BAR
    - Display your current battery level as a small bar along the status bar
    - Animates when charging
    - Fully customizable with colors and positioning

LINKS
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/tombayleyapps
    Telegram: https://t.me/SuperStatusBar
    FAQ: https://tombayley.dev/apps/super-status-bar/faq/
    Email: support@tombayley.dev

Also, new update:
    Version 2.3
    - Added 4 new Ticker Text styles
    - General improvements and bug fixes

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tombayley.statusbar
    Hi, nice app.. Is there any promo code?

Same here...promo code by chance? Tia

Sorry, I don't just give out promo codes like this.

If you know any other languages and could help translate part of the app, I'll be happy to give you a promo code though. Just PM me.
    It cost next to nothing, just support quality apps.

But here's your answer:
    https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=82013749
    Thanks for the reply, you're absolutely right though. What a great price for a great app. Just purchased it. Thanks again to the developer
    This and Tile Shortcuts are just fantastic.
    Even without the full features the free versions are enough for most users,even if I needed the the paid features I wouldn't ask because
    devs need to be supported.
    As all users of any app or works done by devs the more we support them, we benefit more.
    If you have a smartphone that's worth hundreds surely a few quid won't kill you.
    Just to be open not everybody has spare cash especially in the current pandemic and I have benefited from promotional codes.

No digs at anybody just my opinion