[APP][5.0+][v3.6.8.2] BubbleUPnP - UPnP/DLNA/Chromecast Control Point and Renderer

Search This thread

.:Stefan:.

May 27, 2011
@.:Stefan:.

The reason for this is that BubbleUPnP Server when accessed behind a reverse proxy, sees the connection originating from the proxy, which is local, thus no credentials popup. Admittedly, there could be a setting in BubbleUPnP Server that forces credentials popup even on the LAN.

So, you need to add credentials managed by the reverse proxy. For example a .htpasswd managing access to /some-path should work.

Hi @bubbleguuum
I now had the time to play a bit with some http auth to ensure an extra layer of security.
Basically it works (thru the web), however, when trying to access the Server thru the Android app, it always tells me that the connection itself could be established but auth has failed.

I'm sure that this is because of the additional "credential-request", but how to solve that so that the Android app can connect to the server in such case thru the internet.

Any hints? Many thanks.

bubbleguuum

Dec 23, 2010
@bubbleguuum
Sometime around November BubbleUPnP stopped saving Folder.jpg when caching remotely-transcoded music locally. This causes other media players to not show the artwork associated with the track.

I did a test where I played a remote track, let it cache the music, and saw the following in the log (line 802):

Code:
[BubbleUPnPServerProxyServlet-1348 (1348)] WARNING  - 0:00:29.822    - failed to create file: Folder.jpg
(also lots of warnings about not being able to delete directories.. maybe the local music cache cleanup routine isn't working?)

Attached is the log - let me know if you need more info.

@Snowknight26

Weird errors that I cannot reproduce, but I believe they are SAF (Storage Access Framework) permission related.
Moreover, your cache directory seems to point at a file:// Uri rather than a SAF content:// Uri pointing to the same folder.
It is not possible to pick a cache folder that is a file:// Uri anymore, so the only way you have such Uri is if you picked it long ago.

I suggest to pick the cache folder again (in Internet access with BubbleUPnP Server > Cache Folder) to check if it fixes the problem. Although to entirely fix it you may have to clear the cache folder (I suggest to do that in a file manager app for good measure), and pick it again. Currently BubbleUPnP cannot delete any cached file, so the cache grows past its configured limit.

bubbleguuum

Dec 23, 2010

bubbleguuum

Dec 23, 2010
Hi @bubbleguuum
I now had the time to play a bit with some http auth to ensure an extra layer of security.
Basically it works (thru the web), however, when trying to access the Server thru the Android app, it always tells me that the connection itself could be established but auth has failed.

I'm sure that this is because of the additional "credential-request", but how to solve that so that the Android app can connect to the server in such case thru the internet.

Any hints? Many thanks.

I have not tried such setup (reverse proxy + auth managed by the reverse proxy) but this might be a bit tricky, if at all possible.
The reverse proxy must use Digest authentication for any path pointing to BubbleUPnP Server, except /stream/* (otherwise streaming will not work, as it is not authenticated by design), /proxy/* and /ffmpegpcmdecode/*.

Even with this, I'm not entirely certain it will work properly.

Reactions: wwyjoe

bubbleguuum

Dec 23, 2010
Sorry. Just to clarify, when streaming MQA Tidal tracks by Audio Cast, these MQA tracks would be resampled by Android? Hence, better if these tracks are downloaded in HiFi quality (i.e. 16/44.1) to avoid Android resampling and for better sound?

@wwyjoe

Yes, any media played in an app that is > 44.1/16 will be captured as 44.1/16 PCM by BubbleUPnP, resampled by the Android media subsystem. HiRes resampled media may sound different (and even, in most cases I bet you would not be able to tell the difference), not necessarily worse. But if you want no resampling, make sure to play 44.1/16 source media in external apps.

bubbleguuum

Dec 23, 2010
I think I solved it. In my sim settings, APN was set to IPv6 only. I switched it to ipv4&IPv6. It's now working...
I found the solution because other suffered more or less the same issue with newer 5g network while playing online games with Xbox...

BubbleUPnP indeed only works with ipv4.

Now, another question for you guys.
I am looking for a good app to make advanced sound correction while using bubbleupnp. Looking for EQ app and if possible using also convolution correction (same as in Roon, but for Android). Any advice ?
Thanks.

No idea here. There is a myriad of EQ apps but not familiar with any of these.

May 27, 2011

I have not tried such setup (reverse proxy + auth managed by the reverse proxy) but this might be a bit tricky, if at all possible.
The reverse proxy must use Digest authentication for any path pointing to BubbleUPnP Server, except /stream/* (otherwise streaming will not work, as it is not authenticated by design), /proxy/* and /ffmpegpcmdecode/*.

Even with this, I'm not entirely certain it will work properly.
@bubbleguuum

OK, I see.
But by chance, do you happen to know why Docker (Portainer) always claims the container to be "unhealthy" once I follow your documentation regarding reverse proxy and config with sub-path?
I followed the steps 1:1 from here: https://www.bubblesoftapps.com/bubb...sing-bubbleupnp-server-behind-a-reverse-proxy

Always same result, however BubbleUPnPServer itself seems to operate fine. But the "unhealthy" status generates increasing error count visible in Portainer (but not in containers' logs).

Thanks.

bubbleguuum

Dec 23, 2010
@bubbleguuum

OK, I see.
But by chance, do you happen to know why Docker (Portainer) always claims the container to be "unhealthy" once I follow your documentation regarding reverse proxy and config with sub-path?
I followed the steps 1:1 from here: https://www.bubblesoftapps.com/bubb...sing-bubbleupnp-server-behind-a-reverse-proxy

Always same result, however BubbleUPnPServer itself seems to operate fine. But the "unhealthy" status generates increasing error count visible in Portainer (but not in containers' logs).

Thanks.

It's a bug in the health check. It does just a wget on 'http://localhost: port' and omit the webContextPath field configured in configuration.xml. So the wget fails.
I will fix it. In the meantime you can disable the health check with the --no-healthcheck parameter to 'docker create' or 'docker run'

Last edited:

Snowknight26

Mar 7, 2012
I suggest to pick the cache folder again (in Internet access with BubbleUPnP Server > Cache Folder) to check if it fixes the problem.
Thanks, that fixed the Folder.jpg issue.

You're right about the path. Since switching to a Pixel 6, my BubbleUPnP config was imported from a Pixel running Android 10 and probably hadn't changed for a few years before then either. I imagine the config import process only reads settings and doesn't modify them (except when invalid), keeping the previously-valid file:// URI.

I suppose it's a little curious that while actual .mp3 files were successfully written during the caching process, .jpgs weren't. Nevertheless, all good now.

May 27, 2011

It's a bug in the health check. It does just a wget on 'http://localhost: port' and omit the webContextPath field configured in configuration.xml. So the wget fails.
I will fix it. In the meantime you can disable the health check with the --no-healthcheck parameter to 'docker create' or 'docker run'
@bubbleguuum

Thanks, would be really nice if you could fix it on BubbleUPnPServer side because Portainer (still) ignores the "--no-healthcheck" parameter obviously. A long pending NFR has not been acknowledged yet.

simonMBUK

Feb 27, 2020
Hi @bubbleguuum ,

I find myself often wanting to use the 'Tracks by <Artist>' context menu item to find related tracks, but if a track has multiple artists it only matches tracks where ALL artists match.
Rather than suggest you add one line item for each artist and clutter the context menu, would it be possible to make the 'Show metadata' screen more functional, and have each item on that screen capable of performing a UPnP search (clickable maybe) e.g. Album Artist, Artist (independently), Composer, Genre e.t.c? It would offer quite a powerful direct filtering capability without increasing visual clutter, a bit like the Lumin implementation.

As always thankyou for both the control point and server, a truly indispensable combination.

BalooRJ

Jan 8, 2019
baloo.neocities.org
Just wanted to say thanks for this app! I had been using the official Oppo android App for my Oppo 103 which is woefully out of date, cannot read and playback local files, and frequently caused playback on my 103 to stutter or stop when using the built-in TIDAL service. BubbleUPnP works perfectly in its stead and allows for me to playback local files and even Newpipe youtube videos from my phone with complete ease. Amazing app, please continue to develop it! You earned a purchase on the Amazon Appstore from me.

Only thing I noticed is that with Qobuz (not Tidal) the track information and album art is not served to the media server. any way to fix this?

And any 103 and BubbleUPnP users have any tips for more functionality?

May 27, 2011
Hi @bubbleguuum ,

just a quick Q... is it a limitation of my renderer that Twitch (audio) streams won't be played on it?
If "sharing" a stream link from Twitch Android app to BubbleUPnP Android app for example, it gets added to the playlist. The stream itself in the playlist will be recognized as HLS.

When I now try to play it on my desired renderer, an older Jongo A2, simply nothing happens.
I can see that it tries to play the stream (as "remote audio PCM 16-Bit, 48kHz"), but then after 20 sec or so just nothing happens. No error etc.

I've activated transcoding (always) to make sure the BubbleUPnP Server will do this job but obviously something is wrong. Normally this Jongo A2 plays audio stuff pretty well, even though it's old from a current point of view.

Other audio files, such as those available locally on my NAS (MP3, FLAC) will be played fine always.

I want to understand why in this scenario no audio stream play is possible.

Thanks!

BalooRJ

Jan 8, 2019
baloo.neocities.org
Edit: You have to use apps like NewPipe (not on play store) that can extract an audio link. Then you should be able to stream the audio via bubbleupnp to audio-only renderers

Sorry to bump this topic so many years later. I've been attempting to use BubbleUPnP with Newpipe, using the share function from Newpipe to BubbleUPnP on the video stream. I am using the pro version of Bubble from the Amazon Appstore. However, no matter what video I stream, the stream will cut off close to the end of the video on my device (I am streaming to an Oppo BDP-103 Blu-Ray Player). Has anyone else run into this issue?

Magicbas

Jan 24, 2021
Hi all,

I have been using BubbleUPnPServer on my former synology nas for years. Unfortunately, when I recently bought a new NAS I had to move to DSM 7 and thus no longer native BubbleUPnPServer.
I've been tinkering with docker for a while now and I got multiple containers running perfectly.

I also setup a docker container for BubbleUPnPServer, which is running fine. I can access the webGUI and do all the normal stuff.
However, when I tick the Create Openhome renderer in the Renderers tab, the newly created OpenHome renderer [renderername (openhome)] isn't being advertised on my LAN.

I'm not sure what's going wrong, but both Linn Kazoo (via android and Win11) and Android BubbleUPnP control points don't see the openhome renderer.

Do you guys have any pointers where to look in order for this issue to be solved? I can post the log if needed.

Thanks in advance!

bubbleguuum

Dec 23, 2010
Sorry to bump this topic so many years later. I've been attempting to use BubbleUPnP with Newpipe, using the share function from Newpipe to BubbleUPnP on the video stream. I am using the pro version of Bubble from the Amazon Appstore. However, no matter what video I stream, the stream will cut off close to the end of the video on my device (I am streaming to an Oppo BDP-103 Blu-Ray Player). Has anyone else run into this issue?

@BalooRJ

It really looks like a problem specific to this Oppo player. How long before the end of the video does it cut ?
Although i would not have high hopes, you can if you wish send me a log file, playing a video until it cut before the end. See first post of this topic for logging instructions.

bubbleguuum

Dec 23, 2010
Hi all,

I have been using BubbleUPnPServer on my former synology nas for years. Unfortunately, when I recently bought a new NAS I had to move to DSM 7 and thus no longer native BubbleUPnPServer.
I've been tinkering with docker for a while now and I got multiple containers running perfectly.

I also setup a docker container for BubbleUPnPServer, which is running fine. I can access the webGUI and do all the normal stuff.
However, when I tick the Create Openhome renderer in the Renderers tab, the newly created OpenHome renderer [renderername (openhome)] isn't being advertised on my LAN.

I'm not sure what's going wrong, but both Linn Kazoo (via android and Win11) and Android BubbleUPnP control points don't see the openhome renderer.

Do you guys have any pointers where to look in order for this issue to be solved? I can post the log if needed.

Thanks in advance!

@Magicbas

I'm assuming that you are usig host networking (--net=host). You probably are anyway, since otherwise your renderer would not be detected by BubbleUPnP Server.
Difficult to tell what is causing this issue, but if a firewall is running on the Syno, I'd try with it entirely disabled.

bubbleguuum

Dec 23, 2010
Hi @bubbleguuum ,

just a quick Q... is it a limitation of my renderer that Twitch (audio) streams won't be played on it?
If "sharing" a stream link from Twitch Android app to BubbleUPnP Android app for example, it gets added to the playlist. The stream itself in the playlist will be recognized as HLS.

When I now try to play it on my desired renderer, an older Jongo A2, simply nothing happens.
I can see that it tries to play the stream (as "remote audio PCM 16-Bit, 48kHz"), but then after 20 sec or so just nothing happens. No error etc.

I've activated transcoding (always) to make sure the BubbleUPnP Server will do this job but obviously something is wrong. Normally this Jongo A2 plays audio stuff pretty well, even though it's old from a current point of view.

Other audio files, such as those available locally on my NAS (MP3, FLAC) will be played fine always.

I want to understand why in this scenario no audio stream play is possible.

Thanks!

Please send me a log file, attempting to play a Twitch stream to your Jongo. See first post of this topic for logging instructions.

Magicbas

Jan 24, 2021
@Magicbas

I'm assuming that you are usig host networking (--net=host). You probably are anyway, since otherwise your renderer would not be detected by BubbleUPnP Server.
Difficult to tell what is causing this issue, but if a firewall is running on the Syno, I'd try with it entirely disabled.

Hi Bubblguuum,
Thanks for getting back to me on such short notice!
You're correct, I've setup the container to use the host network.
I do have a firewall in place on my synology, but truth be told I did allow for the upnp ports to go through.
I will try to disable the firewall entirely to see what happends. Although in my previous setup I also ran a firewall and openhome did advertise properly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am using NAS Seagate GoFlex Home. It is only support SMBv1. So i cannot add it to Bubbleupnp.
    @bubbleguuum Can you please add SMBv1 to your app? Thanks.

@tranphu

No plan for SMBv1 as it is super old and the library I use only support v2 and v3.
    Hi @bubbleguuum,

I've found a little issue when enlarging album artwork served by MinimServer. If the first disc of a multidisc album contains a %discsubtitle% tag and that disc has custom artwork, then when clicking on the album artwork in the header section when viewing the album's track listing it actually displays an enlarged version of the artwork related to the first disc. See the attached image to give some context.

@simonMBUK

Thanks for the report.
    Will be fixed in next update.
    Any idea why my Philips tv (55OLED804) keeps re-appearing in BubbleUPnP Android's renderer list, even though it should remain hidden?

After a while both the tv's UPnP renderer and built-in Chromecast always make a comeback. After re-hiding them, they disappear for some time. This is specially annoying, because BubbleUPnP auto-selects the tv instead of my HTPC's foobar2000 renderer.

I guess I could circumvent it by setting BubbleUPnP to auto-select the last active renderer (i.e., foobar2000), but I also sometimes use the UAPP renderer, so it's not the best solution.

@Uoppi

They could reappear if their UDN (Unique Device Identifier) changes after a while for some reason (for example if their ip address changes). You can display the UDN (and ip address) of a renderer in Now Playing > Cast icon > 3 dot menu on renderer > Info > UDN. So you can check if it has changed when a hidden renderer reappears in the list.
    If the UDN has changed, look if the ip address has changed too.
    Sometimes when streaming a song using the app from a Foobar server through the Bubbleupnp server it will abruptly skip playback to the next song. Usually it happens somewhere towards the end of the song. If I play the song again it will play fine.

Wondering what could be causing this?

@JPZ14

Difficult to tell. You can if you wish send me ([email protected]) the 'BubbleUPnP Server' log file (BubbleUPnPServer.log.0) located in the installation directory, just after such situation happened (play a track that cuts before the end). Please mention the title of the track it happened.
    I'm having the exact same symptoms with Bubbleupnp (version 3.6.8.2 arm64-v8a). I'm running Bubbleupnp from an Android phone to my renderer, a Pioneer SC-68 receiver. Music files (mp3's with embedded artwork) are stored on the phone. No artwork is displayed. One point of interest: I recently upgraded my phone from a Samsung Galaxy S7 running Android 8, to a Samsung Galaxy S20 running Android 12. Same version of Bubbleupnp on both phones. Same exact problem on both phones. I've been using Bubbleupnp for 8 years, and this is the first time I've run into this issue. If I use Bubbleupnp as a control point, and access the same mp3's stored on other computers via Asset UPnP, I see the artwork when rendered to the Pioneer receiver. Bubbleupnp is a marvelous program. I use it everyday, and I hope this issue gets resolved soon. Many thanks, and cheers!

@mxbishop

What exact folder hierarchy are you browsing in the Library tab ? Is it via the "Music" root folder ? Are the files stored on the sd card ?
    BubbleUPnP on Google Play [current version: 3.6.8.2, released on July 4th 2022]
    BubbleUPnP on Amazon appstore [current version: 3.6.8.3, released on July 13th 2022]
    BubbleUPnP latest APKs, Google Play version (notably for side-loading on Android TV)
    BubbleUPnP latest APK, Amazon appstore version (notably for side-loading on Fire TV)
    BubbleUPnP 'Audio Cast' Xposed Module (current version: 1.1, released on April 28th 2021)
    BubbleUPnP Server home page (download and documentation) [current version: 0.9-update43, released on March 24th 2022]

BubbleUPnP home page

Stream all your music, videos and photos to various devices in your house:

• Chromecast
    • DLNA TVs
    • gaming consoles: Xbox, Playstation (from XMB)
    • UPnP/DLNA renderers: XBMC, WDTV Live, other Android devices, ...
    • various HiFi gear from Sonos, Denon, Pioneer, Onkyo and many more
    • local Android playback

BubbleUPnP can access your media from a lot of sources, including:

• UPnP/DLNA media servers: most NASes, XBMC, Plex, Twonky, Serviio, Windows Media Player and many more
    • local media stored on your Android device
    • cloud media: Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, Google Music, Google+
    • SMB Shares
    • WebDAV (ownCloud, NextCloud, webserver...)
    • media from other apps such as web browsers and file managers, using Share/Send
    • captured audio from most other apps. Requires Xposed (root)
    • Shoutcast radio (with XiiaLive)

BubbleUPnP is a versatile app packed with many features for you to discover, some of which are:

• extensive Chromecast support: play incompatible Chromecast media with transcoding (*), subtitles, audio/video track selection (*)
    • fast and secure Internet access to your home media while on the go, from mobile and WiFi networks (*)
    • playback queue, editable playlists, scrobbling, sleep timer, various shuffle modes
    • integrated full screen image viewer and controller
    • media download to your SD Card
    • ...and much more!

(*) Some features are provided by BubbleUPnP Server, an optional software that can be installed on any machine on your local network to provide additional services. To learn more about BubbleUPnP Server, visit https://bubblesoftapps.com.

Some features are restricted and can be unlocked by purchasing the BubbleUPnP License app.

If something is not working, you can record a log file and mail it to me at [email protected]:

- launch the app
    - go into More > Gear icon > Control
    - Enable "logging to file" (at the end of the page).
    - IMPORTANT: Exit the app (More > "X" bottom left icon)
    - restart the app
    - run the app and trigger the problem to troubleshoot
    - exit the app
    - email me the files found on internal storage:

On Android 10 and below:

/Android/data/com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp/log.txt
    /Android/data/com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp/prev_log.txt

On Android 11 and higher:

/Documents/com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp_log.txt
    /Documents/prev_com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp_log.txt (if present)

You can access them with a file manager app and share them to your email app for sending them.

IMPORTANT: Make sure to not restart BubbleUPnP until you have sent or saved the log file as it is overwritten on app startup.
    BubbleUPnP 1.6.8 and BubbleUPnP Server 0.6.5 are available

Thanks to everyone who contributed suggestions, bug reports, logs etc.

BubbleUPnP 1.6.8

Video transcoding enhancements with BubbleUPnP Server (requires upgrading to BubbleUPnP Server 0.6.5)

• transcoded video preserve embedded subtitles (mostly found in MKV). MX Player must be configured to use the H/W+ or S/W decoder to allow to select subtitles
    • when playing a transcoded video, ability to choose interactively audio/video streams to be included in the transcoded video (when there is more than 1 audio/video stream)
    • added ability to download transcoded videos (as MKV), preserving all audio/video tracks and subtitles of the original video
      Transcode quality can be set in "Settings > Network And Settings > Video transcoding", in the "File downloads" transcoding section.
      Requires licensed BubbleUPnP.

New features

• added Google Music auto playlists: "Thumbs up" and "Last added" (needs a Sync to appear)
    • added exit button to rich JB notification. Exit the app the same way than Menu > Exit
    • added option Settings > Library > Play displays Now Playing. If enabled, play actions in Library immediately switch to the Now Playing screen
    • added option Settings > Now Playing > Keep screen on. If enabled, the screen is kept on when device is plugged to power and on the Now Playing screen. Enabled by default
    • added "Music > Artists > All Albums" local media server folder, listing all albums sorted by album artist
    • added "Show metadata" action in context menu of album folders in Library (useful to see long titles)
    • added instructions for playing tunein radios from the Android web browser, in Settings > About/Help > Tips > Interacting with other apps
    • added ability to edit an item's metadata (title, album, artist) with context menu > Edit metadata in the Playlist tab and in a saved playlist folder (in Library).
      Useful to rename items having missing or incomplete metadata that have been sent to BubbleUPnP from third party apps (ex: tunein). This feature must only be used for items that will be added to a saved playlist. It *does not* modify metadata on the server
    • show album composer in album lists in Library, if composer is present and Settings > Display > Item size is set to Medium or greater
    • downloading a video also downloads the external subtitle file if present
    • local folder search also searches album name and artist instead of just title

Bug fixes

• fixed subtitle URLs sent by recent versions of Twonky (7.x) not recognized
    • fixed download of non-media items (such as subtitles) giving an error
    • fixed Stop (long-click on Play/Pause button) sometimes triggering playback of next track
    • fixed "Settings > Display > Multiline items" not working properly in Library album folders
    • fixed lock screen controls not showing when playing videos to external renderer
    • fixed current LAN renderer lost when network connection switches from WiFi to mobile data or no network
    • fixed error when playing podcast sent from Share action of Doggcatcher
    • fixed broken playlist track advance on some Roku renderers
    • fixed images displayed from Wild Media Server being low resolution (workaround WMS bug)
    • fixed Search action not available on phones, in Library folders containing items only, such as playlists. Now available under menu > Search, allowing local search of these folders
    • fixed possible crash when playing a video to a remote BubbleUPnP instance
    • fixed obscure crashes, some of them involving old versions of Android

BubbleUPnP Server 0.6.5

• added support for transcoding videos to MKV instead of MPEG-TS in a number of cases. MKV is automatically used when embedded subtitles must be preserved, and
      for transcoded video downloads (both require Android BubbleUPnP 1.6.8+). ffmpeg must have been compiled with MKV support
    • fixed proxy media servers not discovered by Windows Media Player
    • added option -useNumericIpInStreamURL to force the server to return numeric ip stream URLs instead of a hostname.
      This may be required for some specific renderers to accept to stream from a media server via tethering. This setting is forced if the browsing
      client is a Samsung TV, which requires it
    • fixed small CPU spike every 30s on slow NASes
    • fixed stream URLs becoming invalid if browsing large number of items (more than 3000)
    • fixed Sony SA-NS310 renderer recognized as a media server instead of a renderer
    • fixed proxies not carrying the X_MS_MediaReceiverRegistrar service
    • libshine is used for mp3 transcoding if compiled in ffmpeg (useful on slow NASes as it uses way less CPU than libmp3lame)
    • added missing Standby action support for OpenHome renderers (simply stops playback)
    • fixed transcoded images rarely failing to load due to low read timeout
    • Windows installer: updated ffmpeg to 1.2, added ffprobe, updated Java installer to 7u21
    Finally, it's there!

BubbleUPnP 1.8.0 is available on Google Play, bringing Chromecast support.
    BubbleUPnP Server 0.8 is available as well, providing transcoding support.

All the details in this G+ post

BubbleUPnP 1.6.10 will be shortly available on Google Play:

• support for playing "All Access" tracks. For All Access tracks part of a Google Music playlist to be playable, the track must be part of your Google Music library
    • better buffering when the local renderer is using its own decoders (FLAC on older Android, ALAC, WAV, LPCM) to avoid potential audio skips
    • the local media server "Filesystem" folder now lists and loads supported playlist file formats (m3u and many others) as folders
    • added Settings > Local Media Server > Allowed remote clients, to specify clients that can remotely browse based on ip address
    • added Settings > Now Playing > Scale cover to fit > On (Keep aspect ratio). Will scale cover to fit to width or height, keeping aspect ratio
    • "Show metadata" context menu action on a video item now shows long description sent by some media servers (for example, movie summary)
    • Display > Show track numbers now apply everywhere a track title is displayed (Now Playing, notification, widget)
    • Display > Show thumbnails doesn't show the "no cover" image in Library when disabled (makes more room for the title on super small screens)
    • added UPnP search query listing all tracks whose artist match the query string
    • trim additional whitespace between words in UPnP search queries (useful with some custom keyboards adding extra whitespace)
    • the local media server "Filesystem" folder lists .mpo files (associated to image/mpo)
    • workarounded again Xbox 360 100% volume bug on track change, hopefully for good this time
    • fixed UPnP device discovery not working with bluetooth network connectivity (tethering) and failure to fetch devices from BubbleUPnP Server on bluetooth
    • fixed " and ' characters not displayed correctly on some renderers (T+A, Pioneer)
    • fixed some Sony BDP devices not listing BubbleUPnP as a media server in all media sections
    • fixed local media server "Filesystem" folder not listing some subfolders in some cases
    • fixed a few crashes
    • other minor changes
    BubbleUPnP is available in the Google Play store:

• 4x1 and 4x2 widgets resizable horizontally on ICS+
    • rich notification on Jelly Bean with volume control
    • gapless playback (beta) support for the local renderer. Requires Android Jelly Bean. Must be explicitely enabled in Settings > Local Renderer. Changing this setting requires an app restart. The local renderer will play gaplessly if controlled by a gapless aware controller: BubbleUPnP 1.6.0+, JRMC, foobar2000 (foo_upnp 0.99.41).
    • support for controlling gapless renderers (all Android versions). tested renderers: local renderer (locally or remotely controlled), JRiver Media Center, foobar2000 (foo_upnp 0.99.41). Can be turned off in Settings > UPnP Tweaks > Enable gapless control
    • OpenHome local renderer (beta). Allow to control the local renderer remotely without requiring the Control Point to remain running for track advance (the playback queue is stored on the renderer side). Must be enabled in Settings > Local Renderer > OpenHome renderer. Appears on the network with the same name than the local renderer, with (OpenHome) appended
    • video subtitles support for local and external video renderers. For Android playback with subtitles, MX Player is required for either local or remote playback. For important information on this topic, refer to Settings > About/Help > Tips > Video and subtitles
    • support for third party equalizer / DSP apps applied to local renderer music playback (Now Playing > Menu > Equalizer)
    • slideshow to external renderer through the fullscreen image viewer, now able to control external renderers and providing a better UI for this purpose
    • added ability to exclude folders when the Local Media Server is browsed remotely (Settings > Local Media Server > Content > Exclude remote folders)
    • reorganized Settings screens
    • Now Playing screen uses cached covers on mobile connection
    • improved D-PAD navigation (GoogleTV)
    • improved accessibility
    • attempt at a workaround for error 501 on some Sony renderers
    • fixed app sometimes exiting after inactivity delay while local media server is busy streaming files
    • fixed Local Media Server and Renderer possibly disappearing after 30 mins in some external Control Points
    • fixed thumbnails sometimes not displaying (most likely happened on fast devices like the Nexus 7)
    • fixed searching local media server for videos not working
    • fixed local renderer and local media server not being disannounced on the LAN on Android shutdown or reboot
    • fixed layouting bugs
    • fixed rare ANRs and crashes
    • many other fixes and UI tweaks