Search This thread

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
aqhYJ5fO73AmI1JZPZdv7J29NSiRFTiN8qBqvRW--ZpYwvpevBvK0Dq-5LhwtqWI=w240-h480-rw

CARPENTER - ICON PACK MANAGER

It's been awhile since I built anything new and something that wasn't entirely revolving around a luancher app, so here I am today presenting my next project that I'm ready to show off, Carpenter. Carpenter is an Icon Pack Manager/Assistant app (Assistant features on my road map) built with Google Firebase. This is an app that allows you to keep tabs on your favorite Icon Packs, preview them, inspect them and even extract icons for personal use. You can even "Craft" your own icons with assets extracted from Icon Packs or images on your device. I got the idea for Carpenter actually about a year or 2 ago when I started plans for my next app but I wasn't sure how to approach it without disrupting the content providers who build Icon Packs for us. I had to execute something that did what I wanted it to do but also come with the pre cautions of not destroying the market for fellow developers. This app is designed to allow users to give new life to older icon packs like Moonshine for example or extract Icon Sets for custom shortcuts youv'e made on Windows 11, since Android is now a subsystem in some situations like Waydroid as another example. I wanted to create an app that allowed users to use Icon Packs for personal use but also hold onto the idea of content protection. So, Lets talk deets.

CONTENT PROTECTION

Carpenter is powered by Google's Firebase which in turn requires the user to login to unlock features in the app. The application is also a paid app to prevent piracy. After logging in, Carpenter will locate installed Icon Packs. Any Icon Packs that have been manually installed will be locked up on higher android os supporting the ability to detect installation source. They will not be supported unless installed by a trusted source. Some Icon Packs that allow you to create custom sets are currently not supported. All Icon Packs installed by Google Play have to "Settle" which simply means it needs to stay on your device for one calendar day before Carpenter is allowed to inspect it for Icons Sets. This means you cannot go on Google Play, buy an icon pack, get what you want from it and refund it. Icon Packs also cannot be inspected if your not connected to an internet source which cooencides with not being logged in. Multiple doors shut when one open to prevent content from being stolen.

DEMO MODE

Demo Mode is something I crafted instead of a license verification system. Carpenter will detect if the user side loaded an APK for installation or installed directly from Google Play. If you open Carpenter after side loading it to your device, The application will go into DEMO MODE. This simply locks out "Priority" features as well as some major Firebase powered sections of the application so it doesn't congest the cloud for paid users.

Priority features include the following...
  1. Extracting Icon Sets to your device
  2. Saving icons sets to your cloud
  3. Viewing the saved assets tab from your cloud
  4. View the favored icon packs tab from your cloud
  5. Saving crafted icons to your cloud

REQUIREMENTS
  1. Latest Google Services installed on your device (Login will be disabled but limited functionality will work)
  2. Active Internet Connection
  3. Icon Packs installed from Google Play (Il support other sources later)
  4. Successful Login
  5. Supports Android 5.1+
  6. Icon Set processing will be effected by the chipset in your device and how much ram is available, sometimes, loading icon sets will take some time on older devices. This cannot be improved.
  7. Android 8.1 for Adaptive Icon Sets to be crafted and shapes overrided

CURRENT FEATURES

(Not Logged In)
  1. Locate installed Icon Packs on your device
  2. View compatible percentage of selected Icon Pack
  3. Preview Icon Pack against installed apps on your device
(Logged In)
  1. Unlock your own personal database for saved Icons and Adaptive Assets
  2. Unlock your own personal database for favorited Icon Packs (save for later or keep tabs on)
  3. Craft your own Icons with saved assets and modify saved icons
  4. Locate installed Icon Packs on your device
  5. View compatible percentage of selected Icon Packs
  6. Save to the Cloud or Extract Icons from Settled Icon Packs
  7. Preview Icon Packs before applying them to your favorite launcher homescreen
  8. Show total icons and categories available in selected Icon Pack
  9. Share, View application Info and Uninstall selected Icon Pack
  10. Identify if Icon Packs are adaptive or regulare icon sets
  11. Change shapes of supported adaptive icon pack sets in real time
  12. See Icon Pack categories available
  13. Browse Icons Sets by category
  14. Search icons sets by selected icon category
  15. Improved Launcher Logic to load icon sets by optimal hardware
  16. Preview icons from Categories and save them to the cloud or save them as an asset to your cloud
  17. Preview Adaptive Icons from Categories and save the Icon as a whole or extract layers as assets for crafting
  18. Craft your own icons by using assets you've saved to your cloud or with images on your device
  19. View Nerdy stats about your cloud like favoured icon packs, saved icons and future credits for new features
(Goals)
  1. Launcher API to use Icon Pack inspection and Crafting in launchers as shortcut actions(Will be demoed in my next launcher projects)
  2. More Crafting features
  3. Improved Cloud Icon Management (my first cloud app, be patient)
  4. More Icon Pack Support (Ill see about adding lawnicons support later)
  5. Streamlined User Experience powered by Monet Compat (Backwards Compat Material You)
If you like what you see, Give a go for yourself.

Friendly Tips
  • Long Click on Icon Packs to favor them
  • Icon Packs detected by Carpenter must "Settle" for one Calendar day before users can craft or extract them. This is both for DEMO and PAID users
  • Long Click on Assets or Icons in your personal cloud for the crafting menu.
  • Long Click on favored icon packs/sets to modify its availability
  • Try extracting foregrounds from Adaptive Icon packs/sets and apply them to older icons to create new styles and appearances for user flavor!

Google Play (Purchase) Link
GocalSD Discord https://discord.gg/WD889WFg
Google Drive Download (Signed Demo APK)
Link

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221009_185930.png
    Screenshot_20221009_185930.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 131
  • Screenshot_20221026_191447.png
    Screenshot_20221026_191447.png
    419.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Screenshot_20221026_191427.png
    Screenshot_20221026_191427.png
    240.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_20221026_191413.png
    Screenshot_20221026_191413.png
    321.7 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot_20221026_191357.png
    Screenshot_20221026_191357.png
    482.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_20221026_191344.png
    Screenshot_20221026_191344.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot_20221026_191332.png
    Screenshot_20221026_191332.png
    480 KB · Views: 99
  • Screenshot_20221026_191318.png
    Screenshot_20221026_191318.png
    407.7 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot_20221026_191306.png
    Screenshot_20221026_191306.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_20221026_191248.png
    Screenshot_20221026_191248.png
    377.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_20221026_191237.png
    Screenshot_20221026_191237.png
    490.3 KB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot_20221026_191447.png
    Screenshot_20221026_191447.png
    419.8 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
Update 1.12 published

-Fixed an app breaking bug that tried to find resources that did not exist on some firmware platforms for a material component text style
-Reworked the Firebase authentication login
-Fixes to the avatar view
-Fixes to the popup view and bottomsheet view for Android 13 (Might still be some style issues yet)
-Deeplinks for Terms of Service and Privacy Statement now properly functioning
-Removed License Validator for a homebrew Demo Mode

DEMO MODE
-Demo Mode is active if Carpenter is side loaded as an apk to your device. It simply detects if Carpenter was installed by the user or by Google Play. If by Google Play, All Features are properly unlocked. If sideloaded, "Priority" Features will be locked out but allow the user to tour the application. Major firebase functionality disabled.

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
There's currently an issue saving custom icons to the cloud that im currently investigating. The IDs generated for a users asset/icon are sometimes null which the system automatically deletes if its not correct or deleting 1 asset deletes the entire list.

Il monitor this and give an update on this as more information is available.

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
Next Update will focus on a few things

Their will be a credit system incorporated in extracting icons to your external storage and a limit to saving icons to your cloud. What these caps are and how we manage them are currently in development. This allows me to keep tabs on cloud traffic and limit traffic congestion. These credits and limits can be increased in due time with upgrades.

An add-on store will be added for per said credit system (Likely not needed but some folks may want it). This store will also be used to renew your license once a year for long term users to support development.

The crafting table will gain the ability to view your cloud assets and use them directly while crafting icons. This required me to rework the menu for cloud icons abit while adding an icon preview sheet feature.

There's an issue with IDs not generating correctly for cloud assets and icons. This becomes a problem as this could overwrite pre existing custom icons and assets and could cause the entire list to be wiped by the database if it sees inconsistencies when a user deletes an item. Im looking to resolve this issue soon.

Popup Menus have not been positioning themselves correctly or setting the correct parmas so ive been working on that as well as their entry and exit animations. These menus were inspired by my popups in GCA launcher and will likely be ported back into GCA with the improvements made.

Browsing icons can get alittle slow from category to category so il be looking into improving this across the board.

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
The crafting table will allow users to access their cloud assets while crafting in the next update. This took abit of maintenance to pull through, just a few minor patches to go until it rolls out.

Attachments

• IMG_20221116_035643_254.jpg
    IMG_20221116_035643_254.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 32

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
New update rolling out tonight (APK updated, the apk was signed differently so demo users may need to change apks from previous installations)

Ive integrated a new developer mode so i can work on services easier without being interrupted by demo mode. As a demo user, if you feel something shouldn't be active, please let me know... I think i nailed up the doors properly...

I made some backend changes to the database that required a physical update which includes starting to integrate Cloud Asset Slots and Extraction Credits. They are not active yet but will be soon. This simply means users will have a cap to how many assets they can have in their cloud and how many icons can be extracted in a months time to their device. This can be monitored through the avatar menu on the dashboard.

These credits and slots can be increased with an upgrade but i really don't think anyone will need them unless your really want them. This in turn required a physical update to start services for in app purchases. Users will also be able to renew their yearly license (like if you were given Carpenter for free and wanted to still contribute to funding) and purchase credits and slot upgrades. This should be coming in the next update.

This update also included the following
-Users can now access their assets from the crafting table. This allows more options to user creations in real time.
-Fixed a bug that when selecting an asset to craft from, the craft activity would open twice, this caused issues to saving and creating assets. Sometimes nulling out the icon ID.
-Revamped the style to popup view cards.
-Added place holders for upgrades in the popup view
-Cloud Asset Render Service upgraded to work with the crafting table and be acceasible to other Carpenter services in the future.
-In App Display Messages and Notifications services are active
-Messages popup (should) save the last recent notification by Carpenter
-Icon Packs downloaded by Amazon app store and Samsung Galaxy store are now supported (should be)
-Security logic updated in Icon Extraction and Demo Mode services

There will be a part 2 to this update, just be patient as this next part might take me some time but shouldn't restrict any users from the experience

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
Took a small break for the holidays, development has continued.

Ive successfully integrated the ability to increases caps with add-ons and so this weeks focus will be to integrate the caps and test them. Caps will be added to slots for cloud storage and how many icons can be extracted per month. This allows me to cap the cloud traffic and increase load times and secure content alittle easier.

Users who renew their license will see alittle "*" symbol beside their name. Il do something alittle extra on the next Milestone update.

Ive improved cloud asset loading in the upcoming update, it may need triggered with a swipe to refresh when viewing your list on start. Im gonna look at adding an indicator or some sort to remind users to refresh their list.

Lots of exciting things in development, ill keep the user base posted here and on the telegram channel.

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
Almost ready to publish the next update that will push towards the stable branch. Some details about the screenshots.

Upgrades and Code Redemption options will be available. These are not requirements but only to continue to support Carpenter as a quality of life. The app functions perfectly fine without the upgrades but just allows me to limit user traffic.

Demo Mode user experience fixes implemented

Samsung Store and Amazon Store support for downloaded icon packs

Main Fab now has a badge for items in each tab. User will be notified if user has used over half of there asset slots or if they are full.

Popup View has been revised to be smoother and information more available to the user. Credit system and Slot availability now integrated. In App Purchases and interface fixes.

Il be tweaking the main inspection activity before release to the stable branch sonit feels fresh for everyone with new rolls and information to identify.

Thank you for the support.

Attachments

• IMG_20221212_070606_655.jpg
    IMG_20221212_070606_655.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20221212_070606_602.jpg
    IMG_20221212_070606_602.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20221212_070606_598.jpg
    IMG_20221212_070606_598.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20221212_070606_271.jpg
    IMG_20221212_070606_271.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: Arealhooman

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
ive released a new update today on Google Play which offically launches the app out of beta and into the light. Il continue to publish updates on the beta channel with more experimental features and upfront changes but everything seems to be rolling steady as planned!

The apk has been updated above as the demo version allowing users to take a tour and see what i've been working on but the unlocked version is the real treat as my users have experienced.

The new update implements content protection for icon packs. It simply means that users have a credit system for extracting icons to their devices, the credits reset every month. We'll keep an eye on this and see if it needs lowered or increased. The credits can be increased by purchasing an upgrade inside the app. These upgrades are simply integrated to prevent traffic congestion in the cloud.

Users now have a slot limit for cloud assets, same as credits, users can increase the slot count with an upgrade.

OTA Updater and version checker has been integrated in the popup menu.

Security logic has been increased for monitoring where the specific icon packs were installed from. Ive added support for the Galaxy Store and Amazon Store. Again, Icon Packs must "settle"before allowing you to access them which simply means they must sit on your device for one calendar day before Carpenter can access it.

I still have alot of things planned for carpenter but i will wait for the user base to increase first before adventuring into deeper waters.

It's been awhile since I built anything new and something that wasn't entirely revolving around a luancher app, so here I am today presenting my next project that I'm ready to show off, Carpenter. Carpenter is an Icon Pack Manager/Assistant app (Assistant features on my road map) built with Google Firebase. This is an app that allows you to keep tabs on your favorite Icon Packs, preview them, inspect them and even extract icons for personal use. You can even "Craft" your own icons with assets extracted from Icon Packs or images on your device. I got the idea for Carpenter actually about a year or 2 ago when I started plans for my next app but I wasn't sure how to approach it without disrupting the content providers who build Icon Packs for us. I had to execute something that did what I wanted it to do but also come with the pre cautions of not destroying the market for fellow developers. This app is designed to allow users to give new life to older icon packs like Moonshine for example or extract Icon Sets for custom shortcuts youv'e made on Windows 11, since Android is now a subsystem in some situations like Waydroid as another example. I wanted to create an app that allowed users to use Icon Packs for personal use but also hold onto the idea of content protection. So, Lets talk deets.

CONTENT PROTECTION

Carpenter is powered by Google's Firebase which in turn requires the user to login to unlock features in the app. The application is also a paid app to prevent piracy. After logging in, Carpenter will locate installed Icon Packs. Any Icon Packs that have been manually installed will be locked up on higher android os supporting the ability to detect installation source. They will not be supported unless installed by a trusted source. Some Icon Packs that allow you to create custom sets are currently not supported. All Icon Packs installed by Google Play have to "Settle" which simply means it needs to stay on your device for one calendar day before Carpenter is allowed to inspect it for Icons Sets. This means you cannot go on Google Play, buy an icon pack, get what you want from it and refund it. Icon Packs also cannot be inspected if your not connected to an internet source which cooencides with not being logged in. Multiple doors shut when one open to prevent content from being stolen.

DEMO MODE

Demo Mode is something I crafted instead of a license verification system. Carpenter will detect if the user side loaded an APK for installation or installed directly from Google Play. If you open Carpenter after side loading it to your device, The application will go into DEMO MODE. This simply locks out "Priority" features as well as some major Firebase powered sections of the application so it doesn't congest the cloud for paid users.

REQUIREMENTS
  1. Latest Google Services installed on your device (Login will be disabled but limited functionality will work)
  4. Successful Login
  5. Supports Android 5.1+
  6. Icon Set processing will be effected by the chipset in your device and how much ram is available, sometimes, loading icon sets will take some time on older devices. This cannot be improved.

CURRENT FEATURES

(Not Logged In)
(Logged In)
  2. Unlock your own personal database for favorited Icon Packs (save for later or keep tabs on)
  16. Preview icons from Categories and save them to the cloud or save them as an asset to your cloud
  17. Preview Adaptive Icons from Categories and save the Icon as a whole or extract layers as assets for crafting
  18. Craft your own icons by using assets you've saved to your cloud or with images on your device
  19. View Nerdy stats about your cloud like favoured icon packs, saved icons and future credits for new features
(Currently in Development)
  1. Add-On store to renew your license to support development and addition features powered by a credit system (fuels income to manage cloud backend services)
  2. Launcher API to use Icon Pack inspection and Crafting in launchers as shortcut actions(Coming in GCA Launcher 3.0 (coming in 2023) )
  3. More Crafting features
  4. Improved Cloud Icon Management (my first cloud app, be patient)
  5. More Icon Pack Support (Ill see about adding lawnicons support later)
  6. A fair credit system implemented to limit how many icons can be extracted from icon packs and saved to the cloud (which can be upped by purchasing more credits)
  7. Streamlined User Experience powered by Monet Compat (Backwards Compat Material You)

Friendly Tips
  • Icon Packs detected by Carpenter must "Settle" for one Calendar day before users can craft or extract them. This is both for DEMO and PAID users
  • Try extracting foregrounds from Adaptive Icon packs/sets and apply them to older icons to create new styles and appearances for user flavor!

Telegram Support and Discussion
Link
Google Drive Download (Signed Demo APK) Link
Do u have a promo code please? Thanks in advance. 👍😊

Reactions: Nx Biotic

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
Carpenter is now free until the new years. Enjoy!

A good time to get involved and check out what Carpenter is about. Again, icon packs need to sit for one calendar day before you can harvest and craft with icons. Im working on supporting icons from icon studio and Lawnicons but since their structured alittle differently, itl take some time to work in support.

I am working on a new update that reworks the inspection activity, it'll be more streamlined.

Nx Biotic

Oct 26, 2010
PA, USA
rgocal.github.io
I have a new update being cooked up in the background during this promotion so it should roll out near the new year. During this time, users may notice some traffic congestion until than. (assets loading incorrectly by ID or just slower)

Im looking into an alternative to google sign in, we may look into alternative email sign ups if it plays through correctly. Long as users can be identified individually, i don't really care what we use.

The inspection activity is getting a rework. The activity will consist of tabs and load an icon pack details in categories. APK information, content information, icon categories, view themed icon (vs how the menu action is now) and view missed icons (possibly show system suggestions or alternatives)

Browsing icons by category will get get abit of a rework. Its alittle bit of a mess right now as i really didn't know how to tackle it. Mostly i consider it like a developer preview but i want to integrate smoother loading, search by label or filters, get the adaptive shape loader to respond faster, limit the amount of shapes we can preview or a better way to see them.

Icon packs will eventually have an option to apply them to supported launchers. I cant support all the launchers on the market so I will probably just mimic a similar way from an icon pack library.

If you have any suggestions, ideas, request or concerns, please drop a comment below.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I get the same issue on my Pixel 6 with the test version. Thank you.
    Does not work on Z Fold 4… Closes before it starts..
    Issues have hopefully been resolved
    Issues have hopefully been resolved
    Yes it worked on Fold 4… Thanks a lot
    Almost ready to publish the next update that will push towards the stable branch. Some details about the screenshots.

Upgrades and Code Redemption options will be available. These are not requirements but only to continue to support Carpenter as a quality of life. The app functions perfectly fine without the upgrades but just allows me to limit user traffic.

Demo Mode user experience fixes implemented

Samsung Store and Amazon Store support for downloaded icon packs

Main Fab now has a badge for items in each tab. User will be notified if user has used over half of there asset slots or if they are full.

Popup View has been revised to be smoother and information more available to the user. Credit system and Slot availability now integrated. In App Purchases and interface fixes.

Il be tweaking the main inspection activity before release to the stable branch sonit feels fresh for everyone with new rolls and information to identify.

Thank you for the support.

CONTENT PROTECTION

DEMO MODE

REQUIREMENTS
    4. Successful Login
    5. Supports Android 5.1+

CURRENT FEATURES

(Not Logged In)
    (Logged In)
    (Currently in Development)
    1. Add-On store to renew your license to support development and addition features powered by a credit system (fuels income to manage cloud backend services)
    2. Launcher API to use Icon Pack inspection and Crafting in launchers as shortcut actions(Coming in GCA Launcher 3.0 (coming in 2023) )
    3. More Crafting features
    4. Improved Cloud Icon Management (my first cloud app, be patient)
    5. More Icon Pack Support (Ill see about adding lawnicons support later)
    6. A fair credit system implemented to limit how many icons can be extracted from icon packs and saved to the cloud (which can be upped by purchasing more credits)
    7. Streamlined User Experience powered by Monet Compat (Backwards Compat Material You)

Friendly Tips

Telegram Support and Discussion
    Link
    Google Drive Download (Signed Demo APK) Link
    Do u have a promo code please? Thanks in advance. 👍😊