- Nov 16, 2014
DutyManager is a simple application for people, small and medium sized businesses which manage on call duty.
It based on your pre-defined list configured on into the app and set up unconditional call forward for you.
This task is automatically triggered by a keyword found in the description of any calendar (synchronized or not) hosted in the phone. It's the first keyword which appears on the description on the event, separated by a space. Any keyword can be used (name, surname, trigram, etc ...)
This app was written after looking around some solution to manage our duty schedule during week-end hours inside my IT department. We've look around our IPX but it didn't offer any calendar system to shift automatically phone number. We've also found bunch of online apps which offers virtual phone number but prices were the limitation.
Therefore as we had an android spare smartphone where we manually forward call to people, I decide to automate all the stuff with Tasker. Since almost one year now, it worked well and now I propose this app for all with a GUI made with Tasker.
- a dedicated android smartphone (version 5.0 Lollipop and above) with the phone number that your contacts/customers/alarm system know
- a calendar synchronized on the device (even works a local one)
- DutyManager application
★ Manage shifts from google calendar website (or any calendar configured and synchronized on the device)
★ Customize short code to setup unconditional forwarding based on your mobile provider guideline
★ Manage your own list in an easiest way. Keyword (a name, trigram) + phone number
★ Add new contact remotely by text message
★ On-Call Reminder Notifications: Automatically remind duty contact when their on-call shift is begin with a customizable text message
★ Override on-call shift ("takeover"" on a scheduled contact) or check the status at any time, through text message (sms)
★ Any text message (sms) received on the phone is automatically forward to the duty contact (very useful for alarm system notification)
★ Be notify when phone battery is below 5%, battery overheating
★ For battery concern, calendars are checked every 5 minutes
★ Extended functionalities available if your device is rooted (clear popup, reboot phone remotely command)
★ Manual import of contact list
★ and more..
- Please verify that call forwarding is on your mobile plan. This application will not bypass plan's limitations
- Some carriers charge for call forwarding so please check with you carrier before purchasing this application
- Accessibility option has to be enabled in order for this app to work properly. Due to an android limitation, accessibility service must be enable for DutyManager in order to grab the result of MMI code query and catch the setup phone number.
- The best config for DutyManager is to plug your phone via usb on any "always-on" computer or on a wall power plug.
Available on the play store - Free version
Available on the play store - Full version
Free version is limited, meaning :
- Number of entries in the list is limited to 2 entries
- Customized text message sent: not available but a default one is already set
- Remote function by text message: not available
The full project has been published Oct.2017 on https://github.com/baudbox/DutyManager. Meaning that if you like my work ...
I really appreciated any feedbacks from anyone here. But please be gentle because it's my first app.
I've learnt a lot by browsing xda threads, asking and answering questions, so I use this thread as a "test platform" in order to check if my idea is good and if I can go further by bringing new features.
- A dedicated web site is available at https://apps.baudbox.fr/
- USES CASES / HOW TO / FAQ are documented at https://apps.baudbox.fr/howto.html