Hi! Thanks for the app! I don't know if the project is still alive, but I'm having this issue when trying to download from Facebook. I'd like to know if there's any way to fix it.
EDIT: I just noticed it has has to do with the fact that Facebook links some videos as /post instead of /video, not sure if there could be a workaround.
EDIT 2: I just sent the video to "my saved videos" in Facebook and was able to download it from there. It's definitely a problem with the way Facebook manages URLs and how it's linked as a post (instead of a video) when you see it on your homepage.
download your favorite videos with PowerTube
- All function free no need pay
- Supports downloading from a large number of sites (powered on youtube-dl)
- Supports downloading ALL resolutions including 1080p, 1440p, 4K and 8K
- Supports downloading audio
- Supports downloading playlists
- Multi-thread fast download
- Supports downloading multiple format
- Supports downloading 60FPS and HDR video
- Supports resuming paused downloads
- Supports download HLS
- Supports download DASH
- Small app size
Based on open-source youtube-dl and AMELI
How to download video
- Open browser or app
- Find video
- Click SHARE and tap to PowerTube icon
- Select format and start download
Good catch! It also has been updated several times since you posted your message. The current version is: v4.9.11 To see the current version, this URL works for me: https://github.com/razar-dev/PowerTube/tree/master/update/apk
You can disable this feature