[APP][5.1+][ROOT] Disabler: App to easily disable any app

Search This thread

aceventura82

Sep 9, 2019
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Disabler

Disable/Enable Any application using a easy access launcher. This application need ROOT to disable applications
This is an Open Source version of IceBox App

With Disabler you can have all your preferred apps in a tabs like launcher with the option to disable/enable any application

Features:
  • Add any applications( System or user)
  • create tabs to order your applications (mutlples tabs allowed)
  • Disable/Enable any application
  • Global buttom to enable/disable applications
  • Option to enable All apps in a Tag
  • Option to disable All apps in a Tag
  • Option to Move a tag to the left or right
  • Option to Show gray Icons for disabled apps
  • Option to auto disable after screen is off, (select minutes after screen off)
  • Change the Icons size
  • ... More

Roadmap:
  • Find a way to disable app without root
  • Icons Theme support

https://www.servoz.tk/app-disabler/

Source Code :

https://github.com/aceventura82/AppsDisabler

Latest Version:
You can download the app directly from here: Download

OR from F-Droid:
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.servoz.appsdisabler/

Screenshots:
settings-576x1024.png colors-576x1024.png apps-576x1024.png main.jpg

Last edited:

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
Thanks good idea!!There is a bug that even if I don't choose launcher,app desapears from it also..

aceventura82

Sep 9, 2019
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Hi,
can you explain the bug better
You mean when selecting the apps?
If you don't choose launcher the app wont show in the launcher

The options are:
Disable: will only disable the application
Launcher: will Only add the app to the launcher
tap on the app Name: will disable it and add it to the launcher, also the application will be added to the list of apps to disable when press the disable button in the launcher

if you still think is a bug, can you please explain better

Thanks!

Reactions: kos25k

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
I mean,both by selecting launcher option or not,app doesn't appear on launcher.Maybe I didn't understand how app works!Also is this view normal?Can't i just set app to open normally and not like curtain like this?Also when i uncheck an app,then it's name disappears.(see *****ute)Thanks!!Screenshot_20200623-020556_Disabler.jpgScreenshot_20200623-020650_Disabler.jpg

aceventura82

Sep 9, 2019
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Hi,

both by selecting launcher option or not,app doesn't appear on launcher
When I mean the launcher, I mean the application Launcher, like the one you have in the first image

Also is this view normal?Can't i just set app to open normally and not like curtain like this?
Yes Sure, you can go to the app settings and set the "Launcher Height" to 10 and slide the transparency to 100

Also when i uncheck an app,then it's name disappears.
Yes, you are right, I have fixed the text, It' will take a couples of days to update in F-Droid
Or you can updated the APK from Here, If you installed from F-Droid you will need to uninstall it before install this one, as the signature are different

Download

Reactions: kos25k

lelee

Jul 1, 2020
Nice thank you! I'm looking forward to see this feature. The ability to reorder tabs would be nice as well.
It also could show addotional information about the apps in the selection menu, like the path for example so you know what you disable.

aceventura82

Sep 9, 2019
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Updated with new features:

Truant_Luce

May 14, 2016
Was recommended this app since icebox seems like it's pulled from appstore. This looks actually amazing, and hardly much out there related for similar apps. Thank you so much! I'ma try it now.

Edit:

So I do notice some things that could be improved, but thought I'd provide feedback. Regardless, I love it.

First is a screen off, to auto disable the packages. 2nd, is when the package name is too large, it removes the ability to see the toggles. 3rd, if uninstalling, the packages disabled stay disabled, even after reboot. Fortunately, it seems to detect packages that are still disabled, if reinstalled, but it's definitely a small scare initially, I think. And if could, would like an option for icon resizing.

But just thought I'd chime in. Regardless, thank you! I love it.

Last edited:
Reactions: aceventura82

rodovict

Jun 16, 2018
Really cool Aceventura. Thanks for this app.

I will give you my personal feedback, but I am aware it may not be aligned with your view of the app.

Anyhow, here it goes. Your app has two main funcionalities, launcher and hibernator.

The first one, launcher, is a tough one. There are hundreds of launchers around, and truth is that users are never fully pleased. Hence why there are so many. The development of this part could be quite complex too, depending on the amount of features.

The second functionality, is where your app shines (from my point of view). I would suggest to focus the app on this part, and let the launching to whichever the user launcher is.
Basically, have different hibernating condions (e.g. timeout after usage, timeout after screen off, manual), and launch via shortcut or dummy app.
Personally I think dummy app has advantages from the usage point of view because it is easier to search with the launchers and can be placed in both areas, desktop and drawer. But I am also aware that it may be slightly more complex.

In any of the cases, thanks again

Reactions: aceventura82

aceventura82

Sep 9, 2019
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Hi rodovict,

Thanks a lot for your comments!
About the "launcher" I think is been misunderstood, My Idea es not to be a launcher app, it's just a view to show the applications list in the app :)

I like the ideas for auto hibernate, I hope can add those options soon along other one I'm currently developing

Thanks Again!

aceventura82

Sep 9, 2019
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Hello,

Following some of your suggestions I have added some new options
Option to auto disable after screen is off, (select minutes after screen off)
Change the Icons size
Fix long name on apps list

The APK is updated on GitHug Link, or wait a couple of days to get the the F-Droid Version

syedtahir16

Nov 10, 2013
Hello,

Change the Icons size

The APK is updated on GitHug Link, or wait a couple of days to get the the F-Droid Version

Firstly, thank you for your work. I have been looking to replace icebox for I dont know how long but could not find any app that was capable of doing that.
I quickly ran a test. Auto disable on screen off does not seem to be working.
I'm using OnePlus 6 and on the latest stable. Once my screen turns off, the app continues to show on my regular app launcher (nova). Also, if I see the disbaler apps launcher, the app shows there with white text indicating it has not been disabled. For the autodisable I have selected 0 in the settings.

Here is some feedback which other users may also have suggested.
-Widget/Shortcut to "defrost" all apps enable all apps in click so that we can update them (playstore updates)
-Widget/Shortcut to freeze/disable all apps so that I can disable all the apps that I had selected in the disabler app.
-Fingerprint authentication to do the above activities would be great.
- Ability to create shortcuts to individual apps within the disabler to launch them. Instead of opening the the launcher of disabler and then launching them.
-A way to backup the settings and the list of apps which are disabled would be great. this would immensely help when I flash a new rom and i need to setup the disabler app on that.

Last edited:

aceventura82

Sep 9, 2019
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Firstly, thank you for your work. I have been looking to replace icebox for I dont know how long but could not find any app that was capable of doing that.
I quickly ran a test. Auto disable on screen off does not seem to be working.
I'm using OnePlus 6 and on the latest stable. Once my screen turns off, the app continues to show on my regular app launcher (nova). Also, if I see the disbaler apps launcher, the app shows there with white text indicating it has not been disabled. For the autodisable I have selected 0 in the settings.

Here is some feedback which other users may also have suggested.
-Widget/Shortcut to "defrost" all apps enable all apps in click so that we can update them (playstore updates)
-Widget/Shortcut to freeze/disable all apps so that I can disable all the apps that I had selected in the disabler app.
-Fingerprint authentication to do the above activities would be great.
- Ability to create shortcuts to individual apps within the disabler to launch them. Instead of opening the the launcher of disabler and then launching them.
-A way to backup the settings and the list of apps which are disabled would be great. this would immensely help when I flash a new rom and i need to setup the disabler app on that.

Hi,

Thanks for doing the test!

I have checked here, and sometimes when you first change the value it does not trigger the auto disable on screen off
But a couple of minutes after looks to work OK

If you still having the problem, please provide your Android Version so I can check further

I will take a look to the suggestion as well and hope to add to the app soon!

Reactions: syedtahir16

syedtahir16

Nov 10, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for doing the test!

I have checked here, and sometimes when you first change the value it does not trigger the auto disable on screen off
But a couple of minutes after looks to work OK

If you still having the problem, please provide your Android Version so I can check further

I will take a look to the suggestion as well and hope to add to the app soon!

I tried changing the auto disable values multiple times and even left the chnage overnight. It still does not work.

I'm running oos 10.3.4 android version 10. OnePlus 6. I'm rooted with magisk. The app has been granted root access as well.

aceventura82

Sep 9, 2019
Redmi Note 9 Pro
I tried changing the auto disable values multiple times and even left the chnage overnight. It still does not work.

I'm running oos 10.3.4 android version 10. OnePlus 6. I'm rooted with magisk. The app has been granted root access as well.

Hello syedtahir16,

I have tried with multiple devices running Andoird 10 and seem to be working OK
Just to clarify the process, can you confirm you are doing this:
1. Select some apps to auto disable, In the apps List option you have selected (tapping n the app name) some apps to auto disable
If you tap just in the disable checker, it will disable but will not be in the auto disable list
if you tap just in the launcher checker, it will show in the app launcher but will not disable it
You have to tap in the app name to add it to the auto disable list​

2. in the App settings, set the option "minutes to auto disable apps after screen off" to something different than disabled

3. go back to the main screen and enable/open any app from the auto disable list, (some app you have selected in step 1)

4.Turn off screen or wait to turn off automatically

5. Wait the amount of minutes you selected (in step 2) with the screen off
if you turn on the screen before the amount of minutes selected(in step 2), the process is cancelled until next time screen is off​

6. Turn on the screen

The app should be disabled

I am attaching and APK with some logs enables for the Screen receiver function
If you confirm you are doing the process right, please install this version of the app
Run the process as described before (you can skip step 1 if you already have some apps in auto disable list)
set the minutes in option 2 to zero (0) for this test
After running the process please take a logcat and send me the file so I can check it

For capturing the logcat you can use this app, or any other you want
SysLog (Capture log files) - https://f-droid.org/app/com.tortel.syslog

Just need to select the Main log(logcat) option, not any other log is nesessary
Capture the log just after turning on the screen ( Step 6)

Reactions: syedtahir16

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disabler

Disable/Enable Any application using a easy access launcher. This application need ROOT to disable applications
    This is an Open Source version of IceBox App

With Disabler you can have all your preferred apps in a tabs like launcher with the option to disable/enable any application

Features:
    • Add any applications( System or user)
    • create tabs to order your applications (mutlples tabs allowed)
    • Disable/Enable any application
    • Global buttom to enable/disable applications
    • Option to auto disable after screen is off, (select minutes after screen off)
    • Change the Icons size
    • ... More

Roadmap:
    • Find a way to disable app without root
    • Icons Theme support

https://www.servoz.tk/app-disabler/

Source Code :

https://github.com/aceventura82/AppsDisabler

Latest Version:
    You can download the app directly from here: Download

OR from F-Droid:
    https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.servoz.appsdisabler/

Screenshots:
    settings-576x1024.png colors-576x1024.png apps-576x1024.png main.jpg
    Hello,

Change the Icons size

Hi,
    can you explain the bug better
    You mean when selecting the apps?
    If you don't choose launcher the app wont show in the launcher

The options are:
    Disable: will only disable the application
    Launcher: will Only add the app to the launcher
    tap on the app Name: will disable it and add it to the launcher, also the application will be added to the list of apps to disable when press the disable button in the launcher

if you still think is a bug, can you please explain better

Thanks!
    Hi,

both by selecting launcher option or not,app doesn't appear on launcher
    When I mean the launcher, I mean the application Launcher, like the one you have in the first image

Also is this view normal?Can't i just set app to open normally and not like curtain like this?
    Yes Sure, you can go to the app settings and set the "Launcher Height" to 10 and slide the transparency to 100

Also when i uncheck an app,then it's name disappears.
    Yes, you are right, I have fixed the text, It' will take a couples of days to update in F-Droid
    Or you can updated the APK from Here, If you installed from F-Droid you will need to uninstall it before install this one, as the signature are different

Download
    Bit of feedback

The app is good, when you finally figure out how to find the app list (that took me several minutes - the opening text is a list of what i assume are features? in HUGE text overlay, then i assume, when i finally figured out how to clear the features list, youre dumped to the launcher....but the launcher part is confusing...what is it even for? its not explained in the app. Why doesnt the app jut open directly to the list of apps to disable/re-enable...that what people install it for....

Most confusing UI ive seen in a long time
    Thanks for the feedback, I'm aware is not a good UI :(

I just learned Kotlin to make the app and surely no have any clue about design :)

Only needed the app to do exactly what I needed, it definitely need a much better UI