[APP][5.1+][ROOT] Disabler: App to easily disable any app

Search This thread

aceventura82

Sep 9, 2019
Redmi Note 9 Pro
If i want to disable the Hotspot of my phone, is it possible with the Disabler?
What is the name of the app that i should choose?
Mybe u know anther way to disable the Hotspot?
ty..

Hotspot I think is part of the settings app, don't think you can just disable that with Disabler, maybe this link may help you

Haven't tested, but looks like this approach works

https://android.stackexchange.com/a/204517

lucfig

Feb 19, 2008
Rio das Ostras
Hi,
Just found this looking for an alternative for ice box since it has been removed from play store.
Is this compatible with the ice box magisk module to make disabling apps quicker and more reliable?
Thanks

aceventura82

Sep 9, 2019
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Hi,
Just found this looking for an alternative for ice box since it has been removed from play store.
Is this compatible with the ice box magisk module to make disabling apps quicker and more reliable?
Thanks

Hi,

Don't know exactly how the Ice Box magisk module works, this app use the commands:
pm enable {packagename}
pm disable {packagename}

Don't know is the Module do something special for that

lucfig

Feb 19, 2008
Rio das Ostras

MaBo2020

Jul 23, 2020
Hamburg
... very good AppIdea but i think not working on Android 11. If u disable an App, it HIDE the App only from AppList, but App runs in BackGround.

I testet it with the M51 and Android 11

MaBo2020

Jul 23, 2020
Hamburg
... i disabled one app with the disabler, it works fine BUT the phone is blocked now, because phone needs this app to work. can i enable the app over disabler adb command ?

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
Wow,been searching years such an app,thanks! One question though..After re-enabling disabled apps,they no longer re-apear in the secondary screens of my launcher (nova).They appear only when i open the app drawer.Any idea how to solve this?

Reactions: aceventura82

aceventura82

Sep 9, 2019
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Wow,been searching years such an app,thanks! One question though..After re-enabling disabled apps,they no longer re-apear in the secondary screens of my launcher (nova).They appear only when i open the app drawer.Any idea how to solve this?
As the applications is disabled, I suppose the shortcut is remove from your launcher, no idea how to fix that other than add the shortcut again, sorry

aceventura82

Sep 9, 2019
Redmi Note 9 Pro
... very good AppIdea but i think not working on Android 11. If u disable an App, it HIDE the App only from AppList, but App runs in BackGround.

I testet it with the M51 and Android 11
That should be more a problem of the root method our are using, have tested the application without problem in Android 5 to Android 12

you sure Disabler app has root access granted?

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
As the applications is disabled, I suppose the shortcut is remove from your launcher, no idea how to fix that other than add the shortcut again, sorry
Thank you.Is it possible to add lists?For example 1st list has X applications,2nd list X and so on..so we have different profiles!

aceventura82

Sep 9, 2019
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Thank you.Is it possible to add lists?For example 1st list has X applications,2nd list X and so on..so we have different profiles!
Not sure what do you mean,
but you can use tag and arrange them as tabs

Like the picture: each icon in the top is a tab with a group of apps
An app can be in as many tabs (tags) that you want

Attachments

• photo_2022-02-07_16-28-04.jpg
    photo_2022-02-07_16-28-04.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 26

73sydney

Bit of feedback

The app is good, when you finally figure out how to find the app list (that took me several minutes - the opening text is a list of what i assume are features? in HUGE text overlay, then i assume, when i finally figured out how to clear the features list, youre dumped to the launcher....but the launcher part is confusing...what is it even for? its not explained in the app. Why doesnt the app jut open directly to the list of apps to disable/re-enable...that what people install it for....

Most confusing UI ive seen in a long time

aceventura82

Sep 9, 2019
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Bit of feedback

The app is good, when you finally figure out how to find the app list (that took me several minutes - the opening text is a list of what i assume are features? in HUGE text overlay, then i assume, when i finally figured out how to clear the features list, youre dumped to the launcher....but the launcher part is confusing...what is it even for? its not explained in the app. Why doesnt the app jut open directly to the list of apps to disable/re-enable...that what people install it for....

Thanks for the feedback, I'm aware is not a good UI :(

I just learned Kotlin to make the app and surely no have any clue about design :)

Only needed the app to do exactly what I needed, it definitely need a much better UI

Reactions: 73sydney

73sydney

I just learned Kotlin to make the app and surely no have any clue about design :)

Only needed the app to do exactly what I needed, it definitely need a much better UI

Once you figure it out, it does do what you really need it to! :)

I appreciate the apps main function

Im 100% sure your kotlin code is better than any i could write :)

einfachgaer

Hello, nice app you got there!

Really just what I was looking for, because there are certain apps I use rarely, which i dont want them to be able to run in the background.
Only thing not working for me, is the auto disable feature. I even set the timer to 1 minute, but it doesnt seem to work no matter how long I wait.
If I press the button to disable all, it works flawlessly.

Running on Pocophone F1 with crDroid Android 11.
Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disabler

Disable/Enable Any application using a easy access launcher. This application need ROOT to disable applications
    This is an Open Source version of IceBox App

With Disabler you can have all your preferred apps in a tabs like launcher with the option to disable/enable any application

Features:
    • Add any applications( System or user)
    • create tabs to order your applications (mutlples tabs allowed)
    • Disable/Enable any application
    • Global buttom to enable/disable applications
    • Option to enable All apps in a Tag
    • Option to disable All apps in a Tag
    • Option to Move a tag to the left or right
    • Option to Show gray Icons for disabled apps
    • Option to auto disable after screen is off, (select minutes after screen off)
    • Change the Icons size
    • ... More

Roadmap:
    • Find a way to disable app without root
    • Icons Theme support

https://www.servoz.tk/app-disabler/

Source Code :

https://github.com/aceventura82/AppsDisabler

Latest Version:
    You can download the app directly from here: Download

OR from F-Droid:
    https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.servoz.appsdisabler/

Screenshots:
    settings-576x1024.png colors-576x1024.png apps-576x1024.png main.jpg
    Hello,

Following some of your suggestions I have added some new options
    Updated with new features:
    Option to auto disable after screen is off, (select minutes after screen off)
    Change the Icons size
    Fix long name on apps list

The APK is updated on GitHug Link, or wait a couple of days to get the the F-Droid Version
    Hi,
    can you explain the bug better
    You mean when selecting the apps?
    If you don't choose launcher the app wont show in the launcher

The options are:
    Disable: will only disable the application
    Launcher: will Only add the app to the launcher
    tap on the app Name: will disable it and add it to the launcher, also the application will be added to the list of apps to disable when press the disable button in the launcher

if you still think is a bug, can you please explain better

Thanks!
    Hi,

both by selecting launcher option or not,app doesn't appear on launcher
    When I mean the launcher, I mean the application Launcher, like the one you have in the first image

Also is this view normal?Can't i just set app to open normally and not like curtain like this?
    Yes Sure, you can go to the app settings and set the "Launcher Height" to 10 and slide the transparency to 100

Also when i uncheck an app,then it's name disappears.
    Yes, you are right, I have fixed the text, It' will take a couples of days to update in F-Droid
    Or you can updated the APK from Here, If you installed from F-Droid you will need to uninstall it before install this one, as the signature are different

Download
    Bit of feedback