[APP][5.1+][ROOT] Disabler: App to easily disable any app

Search This thread

MaBo2020

Jul 23, 2020
Hamburg
@aceventura82

Is there a reason why the APK file cannot be downloaded via the GitHub releases section?

The GitHub for your disabler app shows there are no releases. It seems the only way to download the APK is from fdoid or the link you created either from your website, here on XDA, or the link on the GitHub page.

I am just curious why there is no releases on your GitHub page. I have never ran into this issue before
... take this: https://github.com/aceventura82/AppsDisabler/raw/master/app/release/app-release.apk

aceventura82

Sep 9, 2019
Redmi Note 9 Pro
@aceventura82

Is there a reason why the APK file cannot be downloaded via the GitHub releases section?

The GitHub for your disabler app shows there are no releases. It seems the only way to download the APK is from fdoid or the link you created either from your website, here on XDA, or the link on the GitHub page.

I am just curious why there is no releases on your GitHub page. I have never ran into this issue before

You can find the file here

No idea why is not in the release section, will take a look

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disabler

Disable/Enable Any application using a easy access launcher. This application need ROOT to disable applications
    This is an Open Source version of IceBox App

With Disabler you can have all your preferred apps in a tabs like launcher with the option to disable/enable any application

Features:
    • Add any applications( System or user)
    • create tabs to order your applications (mutlples tabs allowed)
    • Disable/Enable any application
    • Global buttom to enable/disable applications
    • Option to enable All apps in a Tag
    • Option to disable All apps in a Tag
    • Option to Move a tag to the left or right
    • Option to Show gray Icons for disabled apps
    • Option to auto disable after screen is off, (select minutes after screen off)
    • Change the Icons size
    • ... More

Roadmap:
    • Find a way to disable app without root
    • Icons Theme support

https://www.servoz.tk/app-disabler/

Source Code :

https://github.com/aceventura82/AppsDisabler

Latest Version:
    You can download the app directly from here: Download

OR from F-Droid:
    https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.servoz.appsdisabler/

Screenshots:
    settings-576x1024.png colors-576x1024.png apps-576x1024.png main.jpg
    Hello,

Following some of your suggestions I have added some new options
    Updated with new features:
    Option to auto disable after screen is off, (select minutes after screen off)
    Change the Icons size
    Fix long name on apps list

The APK is updated on GitHug Link, or wait a couple of days to get the the F-Droid Version
    Hi,
    can you explain the bug better
    You mean when selecting the apps?
    If you don't choose launcher the app wont show in the launcher

The options are:
    Disable: will only disable the application
    Launcher: will Only add the app to the launcher
    tap on the app Name: will disable it and add it to the launcher, also the application will be added to the list of apps to disable when press the disable button in the launcher

if you still think is a bug, can you please explain better

Thanks!
    Hi,

both by selecting launcher option or not,app doesn't appear on launcher
    When I mean the launcher, I mean the application Launcher, like the one you have in the first image

Also is this view normal?Can't i just set app to open normally and not like curtain like this?
    Yes Sure, you can go to the app settings and set the "Launcher Height" to 10 and slide the transparency to 100

Also when i uncheck an app,then it's name disappears.
    Yes, you are right, I have fixed the text, It' will take a couples of days to update in F-Droid
    Or you can updated the APK from Here, If you installed from F-Droid you will need to uninstall it before install this one, as the signature are different

Download
    Bit of feedback

The app is good, when you finally figure out how to find the app list (that took me several minutes - the opening text is a list of what i assume are features? in HUGE text overlay, then i assume, when i finally figured out how to clear the features list, youre dumped to the launcher....but the launcher part is confusing...what is it even for? its not explained in the app. Why doesnt the app jut open directly to the list of apps to disable/re-enable...that what people install it for....

Most confusing UI ive seen in a long time
    Thanks for the feedback, I'm aware is not a good UI :(

I just learned Kotlin to make the app and surely no have any clue about design :)

Only needed the app to do exactly what I needed, it definitely need a much better UI