• Blocking ads

Votes: 970 64.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

svendsvin

Oct 21, 2013
Lost in space
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
I’m quite depended on Line app (VoIP) because I have friends and family in a South East Asian country where everybody uses Line. Unfortunately, it is not functioning correct when NetGuard is enabled. Calls and messages are only coming through when my phone is on. As soon as it turns off, nothing happens. When I turn the phone on, I can see there have been calls and messages. If I freeze NetGuard Line works perfect so some setting in NetGuard gives me trouble. I just can’t figure out what setting. I’ve been trying to play around with every imaginable setting in NetGuard, but nothing helps. Only freezing NetGuard does the trick. Of course Line is untouched in NetGuard. No rules or conditions are ticked. Disable on call is enabled in settings.

Can somebody provide me with an advice what to do and get Line working properly?

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
I’m quite depended on Line app (VoIP) because I have friends and family in a South East Asian country where everybody uses Line. Unfortunately, it is not functioning correct when NetGuard is enabled. Calls and messages are only coming through when my phone is on. As soon as it turns off, nothing happens. When I turn the phone on, I can see there have been calls and messages. If I freeze NetGuard Line works perfect so some setting in NetGuard gives me trouble. I just can’t figure out what setting. I’ve been trying to play around with every imaginable setting in NetGuard, but nothing helps. Only freezing NetGuard does the trick. Of course Line is untouched in NetGuard. No rules or conditions are ticked. Disable on call is enabled in settings.

Can somebody provide me with an advice what to do and get Line working properly?
Try to enable filtering in the advanced settings and to disable 'Apply rules and conditions' for the app.

Reactions: svendsvin

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
It is not using SIP.
If 'Apply rules and conditions' is disabled, the app is set outside of the VPN, as if NetGuard isn't there for the app.
If the app is still not working like this, some system component is being used which needs internet access.
I don't know which one, so please check the global access log (three-dots menu).

Reactions: svendsvin

Seelenfusion

Jan 29, 2012
Hi Guys,

i use Netguard for years now, donated and buyed but now im getting trouble with it and i found no solution. Hope to find help here :D

For few Weeks im getting Notifications from Netguard with unknown installations. I delete this but after a while there shown again. There is no change in Phones App.

Please Help ^^ im getting really crazy with this issue

(sorry for my English)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220622-161554_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20220622-161554_One UI Home.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20220622-161605_NetGuard.jpg
    Screenshot_20220622-161605_NetGuard.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20220622-161610_NetGuard.jpg
    Screenshot_20220622-161610_NetGuard.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20220622-161620_NetGuard.jpg
    Screenshot_20220622-161620_NetGuard.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20220622-161710_NetGuard.jpg
    Screenshot_20220622-161710_NetGuard.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 61

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Hi Guys,

i use Netguard for years now, donated and buyed but now im getting trouble with it and i found no solution. Hope to find help here :D

For few Weeks im getting Notifications from Netguard with unknown installations. I delete this but after a while there shown again. There is no change in Phones App.

Please Help ^^ im getting really crazy with this issue

(sorry for my English)
This is a known problem, but NetGuard isn't the cause of this. The Play store is enabling/disabling apps, probably to scan them. If it bothers you, you can disable the notification.

• Love
Reactions: Seelenfusion

njay22

Aug 11, 2006
any hints on how to block whatsapp incoming (especially) and outgoing? I need to be able to receive messages on Microsoft Teams on my android. I have tried blocking google play services, AR services, and one more; it does work but then Microsoft Teams and even Google Pay is getting affected

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
any hints on how to block whatsapp incoming (especially) and outgoing? I need to be able to receive messages on Microsoft Teams on my android. I have tried blocking google play services, AR services, and one more; it does work but then Microsoft Teams and even Google Pay is getting affected
That's the disadvantage of blocking Play services.

Basically, Google is monopolizing push messages, so there are no other optiomns.

• Angry
Reactions: njay22

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
@M66B

The filters are not working properly.

I would like to be able to see only the apps that have no internet permissions. But the filter provided shows a blank list. Same holds true of disabled apps. Check this out:

Screenshot_20220628-103416_NetGuard.png

Screenshot_20220628-103433_NetGuard.png

Can you fix this?

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Reactions: asripath

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
You are showing neither user nor system apps, and therefore showing nothing.
I knew that. Can you add two more filters, one that shows only apps without internet permissions and one that shows only disabled apps?

Both of these new filters should have the option of including or excluding system apps.

Thanks.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
I knew that. Can you add two more filters, one that shows only apps without internet permissions and one that shows only disabled apps?

Both of these new filters should have the option of including or excluding system apps.

Thanks.
I don't see how this would be useful. Apps without internet permissions can't be blocked or allowed anyway. I think this would confuse people only.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

TheMystic

Mar 18, 2017
I don't see how this would be useful. Apps without internet permissions can't be blocked or allowed anyway. I think this would confuse people only.

Screenshot 2022-06-28 at 12.57.14.png

By default, selecting user apps or system apps would include ALL apps under their respective categories. Users can now add additional filters according to their requirements. They can choose only one of the two options under each filter, if they choose to activate them: ‘exclude’ or ‘include only’, not both.

The ability to see which apps DON’T have internet permissions is very useful.

Alternatively, can you add a new feature that simply lists all USER apps that do NOT have internet permission in their codes?

Last edited:

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
View attachment 5647615

By default, selecting user apps or system apps would include ALL apps under their respective categories. Users can now add additional filters according to their requirements. They can choose only one of the two options under each filter, if they choose to activate them: ‘exclude’ or ‘include only’, not both.

The ability to see which apps DON’T have internet permissions is very useful.

Alternatively, can you add a new feature that simply lists all USER apps that do NOT have internet permission in their codes?
I am sorry, but I have no plans to change this. Nobody ever asked for this and I think it will be confusing and not adding anything seen from the perspective of what the app does.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Although nobody seem to care, the app was restored in the Play Store.
    Anyone using NetGuard on Android 13? I have a Pixel 5 and the Android 13 update is now available. I just wanted some reassurance that nothing major has changed and NetGuard still works before I update as I don't think I can live without NetGuard now! :love:
    NetGuard works fine on Android 13.
    Hey @M66B, can we add a a mention of this guide to the FAQ? It provides a solution for question 2:
    Added to FAQ #2. Thanks.
    Hey @M66B, can we add a a mention of this guide to the FAQ? It provides a solution for question 2:

How to use NetGuard + personalDNSFilter+ Any VPN, without root, without external self-hosted servers.
    Hi all,

What are the potential consequences if I refuse the Phone autorization for NetGuard ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/blob/master/FAQ.md#user-content-faq42
    ic_launcher.png

NetGuard provides simple and advanced ways to block access to the internet - no root required.
    Applications and addresses can individually be allowed or denied access to your Wi-Fi and/or mobile connection.

Blocking access to the internet can help:
    • reduce your data usage
    • save your battery
    • increase your privacy

Features:
    • Simple to use
    • No root required
    • 100% open source
    • No calling home
    • No tracking or analytics
    • No advertisements
    • Actively developed and supported
    • Android 5.1 and later supported
    • IPv4/IPv6 TCP/UDP supported
    • Tethering supported
    • Optionally allow when screen on
    • Optionally block when roaming
    • Optionally block system applications
    • Optionally forward ports, also to external addresses (not available if installed from the Play store)
    • Optionally notify when an application accesses the internet
    • Optionally record network usage per application per address
    • Optionally block ads using a hosts file (not available if installed from the Play store)
    • Material design theme with light and dark theme

PRO features
    • Log all outgoing traffic; search and filter access attempts; export PCAP files to analyze traffic
    • Allow/block individual addresses per application
    • New application notifications; configure NetGuard directly from the notification
    • Display network speed graph in a status bar notification
    • Select from five additional themes in both light and dark version

There is no other no-root firewall, except for clones, offering all these features.

This XDA thread is about using the latest version of NetGuard.
    Off topic comments are allowed as long they are related to NetGuard and are in the general interest of the followers of this thread.

Discussion of purchases is not allowed here, please contact me via here instead.

NetGuard is being maintained and community supported, but new features won't be added anymore.

For ad blocking, see here. Ad blocking is provide "as-is".

More information on Github:

Downloads:

Screenshots:
    101-main.png
    102-main-details.png

103-main-access.png
    108-notifications.png

For more screenshots, see here.
    I have just released stable version 2.39.

Changelog/download
    https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/releases/tag/2.39

This version will be available in the Play store after Google's approval.

Usage data sharing has been removed from this version.

The future of this project depends on the general support for this project. You can for example write something positive here or in the Play store, press the thanks button, donate something, purchase a pro feature or contribute translations or source code.
    NetGuard is currently in alpha testing phase.
    Please report any problems you encounter.

It would be nice if someone could design an appropriate icon.
    I have just released beta version 2.21.

Changelog/download:
    https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/releases/tag/2.21

This version will be available as beta version in the Play store after Google's approval.