• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

iwanttoknow

Jun 21, 2016
That depends:

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your reply. You will find below informations you requested in your link

https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/#user-content-compatibility

Provider in France : SFR
MCC : 208
MNC : 08, 09, 10, 11
IP address ranges : there are several of them
https://www.nirsoft.net/countryip/fr.html

Could you add exception for this provider ?

You also wrote :
As an alternative you can enable the option 'Disable on call', which is available since version 2.113.

What are consequences for my privacy if I do that ? Will my device no longer be protected during calls ?

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your reply. You will find below informations you requested in your link

https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/#user-content-compatibility

Provider in France : SFR
MCC : 208
MNC : 08, 09, 10, 11
IP address ranges : there are several of them
https://www.nirsoft.net/countryip/fr.html

Could you add exception for this provider ?

You also wrote :
As an alternative you can enable the option 'Disable on call', which is available since version 2.113.

What are consequences for my privacy if I do that ? Will my device no longer be protected during calls ?
Several of them is an understatement. It are too many to add to NetGuard.

Disable on call means that all traffic will be allowed.

iwanttoknow

Jun 21, 2016
Several of them is an understatement. It are too many to add to NetGuard.

Disable on call means that all traffic will be allowed.

"Disable on call means that all traffic will be allowed."

Sorry Marcel, I want to be sure I understood correctly : by doing this, does that mean that NetGuard is disabled during calls, as if it was not installed on my device ?

comdx

Dec 23, 2014
Hi,
i do not get call notifications from telegram and signal while display is off and also when the apps are not opened.

Both apps use their own background notification service, because i disabled google play service.

I found out that this problem is caused by the Datatraffic filtering.
When i deactivate Datatraffic filtering, the call notifications work for both apps.

Maybe there are some entries in the hosts file, that block background notification services of telegram and signal.

I tried easylists hosts file, but with same results.

Or maybe there is another reason why it is not working with activated Datatraffic filtering.

Is it somehow possible to get it working, besides deactivating Datatraffic filtering?
Because i still want netguard to block ads, but also working call notifications from telegram and signal at the same time.

Thank you

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Hi,
i do not get call notifications from telegram and signal while display is off and also when the apps are not opened.

Both apps use their own background notification service, because i disabled google play service.

I found out that this problem is caused by the Datatraffic filtering.
When i deactivate Datatraffic filtering, the call notifications work for both apps.

Maybe there are some entries in the hosts file, that block background notification services of telegram and signal.

I tried easylists hosts file, but with same results.

Or maybe there is another reason why it is not working with activated Datatraffic filtering.

Is it somehow possible to get it working, besides deactivating Datatraffic filtering?
Because i still want netguard to block ads, but also working call notifications from telegram and signal at the same time.

Thank you
Please check the global log for things which are blocked and shouldn't be blocked.

Are you very sure that these apps use their own notification service? Basically, this is impossible on standard Android. All apps must use Google Play services for this.

comdx

Dec 23, 2014
I can not access the global log, because i do only use the free version from f-droid.
Maybe i am wrong here if support here is only for pro version, but f-droid app linked me to this forum when i clicked on "problem".
If i am wrong here, than please accept my sorry.

I am no expert, so i thought that the services used by telegram and signal are independant from google play service, because they still work with google play service deactivated and i got no error message to activate google play service for them to work.

The Telegram one is called "Push service"
For Signal it is simply called "Backgroundconnection"

Both of them are active even when i do not have the Apps opened.

Again, sorry for taking your time.

Thank you

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
I can not access the global log, because i do only use the free version from f-droid.
Maybe i am wrong here if support here is only for pro version, but f-droid app linked me to this forum when i clicked on "problem".
If i am wrong here, than please accept my sorry.

I am no expert, so i thought that the services used by telegram and signal are independant from google play service, because they still work with google play service deactivated and i got no error message to activate google play service for them to work.

The Telegram one is called "Push service"
For Signal it is simply called "Backgroundconnection"

Both of them are active even when i do not have the Apps opened.

Again, sorry for taking your time.

Thank you
There is support for everybody.

Push messages without Play services will work reliable on modified Android versions only.

Reactions: comdx

comdx

Dec 23, 2014
There is support for everybody.

Push messages without Play services will work reliable on modified Android versions only.

Than maybe that is the problem, i do not use smartphones with modified Android version ( not modified by me).
I have two smartphones and both with Android version provided by the smartphone manufacturers.
Both have the problem i mentioned.

First Smartphone is Asus Zenfone 6 with Android 11 (ZenUI 7)
Second Smartphone is Nokia 5.4 with Android 10 (Android One)

Looks like i will keep Datatraffic filtering disabled, so call notifications for Telegram and Signal will come through.

Thank you for your time and help.

giokou

May 19, 2009
Athens
Lenovo P11
OPPO Find X3 Pro
As of yesterday I can't select any of the first 4 settings in backup, because they are greyed out. Any ideas??
I want to import an extended hosts file and the app doesn't let me!! I can only download the app's default hosts file.

Last edited:

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Reactions: giokou

tbv2005

Aug 3, 2011
OnePlus 10 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Version 2.292 beta is available on GitHub now and in the Play store test program after Google's approval.

Changelog/download:
https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/releases
Could someone else please check if Add filtering is still working for him with this version. Just updated and now nothing is blocked anymore (except hopo6 and icmp). Rebooted, still the same. Redownloaded hostfile (standard one), rebooted, still the same. 2 custom dns servers are set (1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8)

codlord

Nov 13, 2018
Could someone else please check if Add filtering is still working for him with this version. Just updated and now nothing is blocked anymore (except hopo6 and icmp). Rebooted, still the same. Redownloaded hostfile (standard one), rebooted, still the same. 2 custom dns servers are set (1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8)
I just updated to 2.292 (sideloaded, not play store) and there does now seem to be a problem with filtering for me. Filtering/logs used to mostly show the dns address but now seemingly most (not all) new addresses just show an IP (ipv4 or ipv6 format) or an address of a CDN like akamaitechnologies or amazonaws.

And as another example of the issue, a website I own has it's DNS name "allowed" in Netguard, but going to it now in a browser shows in Netguard as an attempt on the dns name of the hosting provider, as if it's done a new DNS lookup and found the hosting provider name rather than what it used to do and allow it. Of course the IP addresses of the two dns entries are the same, but this is new behaviour since this release.

It's like it's not doing proper DNS lookups any more. I tried fiddling with settings but could not get it to go back to how it worked (correctly) before.

A summary of my settings:
Android 10:
Private DNS is OFF
Always-on VPN is ON
Block connections without VPN is OFF

NetGuard Network Options:
Subnet routing ON
Allow LAN access ON
Lockdown Wi-Fi ON
Lockdown mobile ON
All other Network options OFF
Netguard Advanced Options:
Track network usage OFF
Use SOCKS5 proxy OFF
All other Advanced Options ON

tbv2005

Aug 3, 2011
OnePlus 10 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
@tbv2005 @codlord can you please contact me for a test version via here?

https://contact.faircode.eu/?product=netguard+

Edit: can you please try the "a" version from here:

https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/releases/tag/2.292

Please let me know if it works.
You're too fast as always 😉. A version seems to work fine after a first check of 2min (not sure f it matters I reverted back to 291 before installing the A version).

Thanks for the quick fix (at least seems fixed for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ic_launcher.png

NetGuard provides simple and advanced ways to block access to the internet - no root required.
    Applications and addresses can individually be allowed or denied access to your Wi-Fi and/or mobile connection.

Blocking access to the internet can help:
    • reduce your data usage
    • save your battery
    • increase your privacy

Features:
    • Simple to use
    • No root required
    • 100% open source
    • No calling home
    • No tracking or analytics
    • No advertisements
    • Actively developed and supported
    • Android 5.1 and later supported
    • IPv4/IPv6 TCP/UDP supported
    • Tethering supported
    • Optionally allow when screen on
    • Optionally block when roaming
    • Optionally block system applications
    • Optionally forward ports, also to external addresses (not available if installed from the Play store)
    • Optionally notify when an application accesses the internet
    • Optionally record network usage per application per address
    • Optionally block ads using a hosts file (not available if installed from the Play store)
    • Material design theme with light and dark theme

PRO features
    • Log all outgoing traffic; search and filter access attempts; export PCAP files to analyze traffic
    • Allow/block individual addresses per application
    • New application notifications; configure NetGuard directly from the notification
    • Display network speed graph in a status bar notification
    • Select from five additional themes in both light and dark version

There is no other no-root firewall, except for clones, offering all these features.

This XDA thread is about using the latest version of NetGuard.
    Off topic comments are allowed as long they are related to NetGuard and are in the general interest of the followers of this thread.

Discussion of purchases is not allowed here, please contact me via here instead.

NetGuard is being maintained and community supported, but new features won't be added anymore.

For ad blocking, see here. Ad blocking is provide "as-is".

More information on Github:

Downloads:

Screenshots:
    101-main.png
    102-main-details.png

103-main-access.png
    108-notifications.png

For more screenshots, see here.
    I have just released stable version 2.39.

Changelog/download
    https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/releases/tag/2.39

This version will be available in the Play store after Google's approval.

Usage data sharing has been removed from this version.

The future of this project depends on the general support for this project. You can for example write something positive here or in the Play store, press the thanks button, donate something, purchase a pro feature or contribute translations or source code.
    NetGuard is currently in alpha testing phase.
    Please report any problems you encounter.

It would be nice if someone could design an appropriate icon.
    I have just released beta version 2.21.

Changelog/download:
    https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/releases/tag/2.21

This version will be available as beta version in the Play store after Google's approval.