• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP][6.0+][NO ROOT] Android Auto Apps Downloader - The all time favourite apps on Android Auto, painfree

Search This thread

GCtwoTHREE

Mar 13, 2021
Maybe he's working to try and fix the problem with the AA update blocking his app.....Maybe he doesn't wanna post anything and have the people complaining about it getting blocked and fking requesting their FEW DOLLARS back......Question to everybody asking for a refund or for another app of equal value.......DID YOU GUYS NOT KNOW YOU WERE DOWNLOADING A "ILLEGAL APP" that gave you so many more options in AA? If you can only Uninstall the "latest AA" update and the app still isn't working, use your brain, UNINSTALL AA, goto Google, Search "AA versions free download", find one that works with the app, and boom, your good.....Crying over spilled milk here.

Reactions: johnnyjtav

yslian1218

Jul 20, 2008
First of all, thanks for all the responses to resolve this issue.
My issue was the same as everyone...I can install apps from AAAD but not able to use them in AA with the error message "No message shown during the driving". I uninstalled the latest AA in my cellphone and reinstalled AA version 6.3.611334, then everything works.

However, this is only temperate action. I purchased the pro version and I expect this issue could be resolved for the latest AA version.

My cellphone:S21 with a safety upgrade in May.01, Android 11.

For your reference.

Last edited:

FIFAR4

Jun 9, 2012
Hi, Thank you for developing the app.
I bought the Pro version, but I have a problem. The s2a app shows a black screen in all the apps, I see the shortcuts to the app but inside all of them there is a black screen.

And the AA mirror app shows the apps but the touch screen does not work.

My phone is not rooted

Kritischer

Jun 20, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I used AAAD because AA was buggy on my s8+ device at best. This software actually let me use my navi almost like it should have worked from the factory. I say almost because the screen resolution on the + wasn't something I could get working but that's a me problem.

I switched to an S9 running e.foundation and wanted to give this a shot by transferring the pro license. Is this tied up in litigation or something?

I thought I was crazy when I came back here to download it again and couldn't find it.

If it's done gone away... It was cool while it lasted

jongarusa999

Jun 17, 2021
I have been using the last good version that permited carsream to work until today. This morning, something happened that AA would not start in my car unless I updated AA on my phone. Clearly Google forced a server side "check". Very frustrating. I use a Samsung A71 5G and have not updated the firware since Febuary.

Reactions: waylo
I have been using the last good version that permited carsream to work until today. This morning, something happened that AA would not start in my car unless I updated AA on my phone. Clearly Google forced a server side "check". Very frustrating. I use a Samsung A71 5G and have not updated the firware since Febuary.
Same here. Hopefully someone here has the answer. Holding off updating.

sebring003

Feb 24, 2009
I'm having the same issue. I guess I'll just go ahead and root my device.

waylo

May 9, 2010
"Glad" to see it's not just me. Yeah, it happened yesterday for me too, just would not run, and then glancing at the phone screen it showed the update request.

Oh well, some of us don't have root available on our phones so this was the next best thing.

xFaultx

Jun 18, 2010
Happened to me this morning on my way to work. I haven't tried yet, but has anyone seen if spoofing an older date works? Like changing your date to a month ago?

Last edited:

tweazer

Dec 8, 2012
Guys, un-install the last update of Google play services, and re-install the old AA version from April (or don't update to the new AA).

Everything will work as usual.
Is this possible on an Android 11 device? I was unable to uninstall the app as it is built into the OS. Trying to uninstall gave an error. Can you point me to a link that explains how to do this on a non-rooted device ?

On a different device OnePlus with Lineage 17 AAAD is working reasonably well.

pyng123

Nov 17, 2019
Is this possible on an Android 11 device? I was unable to uninstall the app as it is built into the OS. Trying to uninstall gave an error. Can you point me to a link that explains how to do this on a non-rooted device ?

On a different device OnePlus with Lineage 17 AAAD is working reasonably well.
Apparently AA is now built into Android 11 and the app no longer shows on the phone. It's in the settings under advance features. And you can't launch it on your phone unless you go to the Play Store and download Googles separate app to launch AA on your phone. It's called Android Auto For Phone Screens. Looks like Google has trying very hard to keep video off their AA screens. I only learned of AAAD app this past week. I got a crash course in trying to keep AAAD alive by rolling back AA but seems I no sooner learned of AAAD's abilities then Google brought the hammer down on AA. The law does not want people binge watching some Netflix series while driving 70mph on a highway. Oh well. And I bought the pro version just in time to see things change.

xFaultx

Jun 18, 2010
Im gonna try playing with it some. Tried rolling back Google play services and it still happened. Im just confused what app specifically is dialing into Google. Why would it happen on older versions? Is it some planned obsolescence? And if it is, wouldn't spoofing the date fix it? I wouldn't of something like microg find be altered to make it work

xFaultx

Jun 18, 2010
Rooted users! I may have found a solution. Using this app, along with AA AIO Tweaker (Google for the github) i was able to AA Mirror to work with the latest version, no issues! I'm really happy I found a solution

waylo

May 9, 2010
CarStream also disappeared for me today, but AAWidgets and Fermata still works (Shh, don't tell Google :))
Uh, you just did ;)

Anyway, pretty sure they know all the workarounds, hence the crackdown.

Fermata doesn't work for me anymore, on Android 11. I get the controller app, but that doesn't help at all.

tweazer

Dec 8, 2012
I would give up on this pursuit if they would allow us to have video while the car was parked. Tesla has this, why not AA?

I never use this while driving, Waze full screen for that. Most people are smart about things, but then there is always some person who thinks its okay to fall asleep while driving their Tesla on Full Self Driving at 70MPH :poop:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The app is dead guys helllooooooo !! Root your phone or just forget about it altogether.
    My experience. Xiaomi Mi 9 with Pixel Experience Android 11 ROM. AAAD 1.4, free version. Android Auto 6.4.6. Installed AA Mirror plus. Not showing on AA Toyota CHR 2020.

Upgrade AA through https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/android-auto/. Latest beta version, 6.7xxx29. Now AA Mirror plus showing on AA.

Later today will try if it works actually. If it works, will try Fermata next month and consider paying the pro version.

Hope it helps people with problems not showing apps on AA.
    Confirm that AA Mirror plus works flawlessly. Mirroring working fluently except Netflix and Amazon prime: sound ok but no video. Don't know if it's my device or it's general. Can anyone confirm it?
    Confirm that AA Mirror plus works flawlessly. Mirroring working fluently except Netflix and Amazon prime: sound ok but no video. Don't know if it's my device or it's general. Can anyone confirm it?
    Solved black screen while mirroring Netflix. Due to DRM, Android can't mirror the content of Netflix directly because it is encrypted. It happened also with a Chromecast when mirroring (not casting) and there some literature in the web (turn off color correction, changing resolution, clear cache and reinstalling...). While mirroring instead of casting? Because my phone consumes less data than the Chromecast when watching or downloading Netflix content. Nothing worked for me until now. We must turn off hardware acceleration in developer options and force use GPU always for screen. I suppose that this applies the DRM when converting the content by software and then mirroring works because the signal has already being decrypted.

Hope it helps.

Working AA Mirror plus I wonder if there is need to use any other app...at this moment I will stand this way, with the free version and the mirroring app. Wonderful solution.
    1619772039633.png

Android Auto Apps Downloader (AAAD) is an app for Android Phones that downloads popular Android Auto 3rd party apps and installs them in the correct way to have them in Android Auto.

For the first time in 3 years, now users with non-rooted Android devices can enjoy these apps made for Android Auto, and Android Auto Apps Downloader does it all for you. Simply select an app you want to install on your phone and the download will begin. Once completed, install the given app with the classic Android interface and you can start enjoying the app you’ve just installed for Android Auto.

1619777118441.png

No need for a PC.

Android Auto Apps Downloader can be easily installed on any Android phone and the whole installing process is just on the phone.

No need for developer options.

There’s this common misconception that enabling “unknown sources” or “disable ANR” make those apps work. I don’t know who started this, but it’s totally irrelevant. Debug USB? No need for that either.

No need of grabbing APK and do manual installations.

Android Auto Apps Downloader will always download the latest version of the software for you!

No root needed.

The main goal of this app is having the listed apps in Android Auto with a pain free experience and, most of all, without requiring a rooted phone. If you are rooted, you might want to consider AA AIO TWEAKER, which has an alternative root method to patch the apps and it has a lot of other cool features!

Android Auto Apps Downloader is free and can be downloaded from GitHub. Offers in app purchase. The free version of the app allows up to 1 download every 30 days. With the PRO version you can enjoy the full experience and download as many times as you want, forever!

PRE-REQUISITES:
    • Android 6.0+ phone
    • That's it!

Download From GitHub (source code will be live soon!)
    F.A.Q.

Why the heck do I need this app? Can’t I just install the apps by myslef?

Well yes, you could, but they would not appear in Android Auto. Since the beginning of 2018 the custom apps for Android Auto are blocked by Google, but AAAD installs them in a special way in order to actually see the apps on Android Auto. And no root is needed! Call it magic, if you will.

I have a warning from Google Play Protect warning me about your app! Is this app a malware?

Of course AAAD it’s not a malware. Google Play Store does not like apps that install other apps and apps that have IAP (in app purchases) not managed by Google. You can see yourself that this app basically doesn’t require special permissions. Also, I’m planning on releasing the source code soon!

Why only those apps? Where is YouTube? Where is Netflix? Where is Instagram?

Not all apps are compatible with Android Auto. You can’t just pick an app and sledge hammer it into Android Auto. I’ve included basically almost every Android Auto app known to date, and the only responsibility of AAAD is to make them available in Android Auto.

How do I update the apps installed from AAAD?

AAAD will always download latest version of an app. If one of the apps that you've installed through AAAD gets an update, you can open AAAD and download the update. At the moment, there's no update checker, but I'm planning on making it!

Will you hold my bank account/credit card informations?

Of course no. The offered in app purchase is solely processed by PayPal and none of the informations are held or shared with me.

Will this app be available on the Play Store?

No.

I have a problem with an app installed by AAAD. Coyld you help me out?

Any software installed by my app is provided "as is" and I'm not responsible for any malfunctioning. If you are in this case, please seek help from the software's author instead.

I have a problem with this app. Could you help me out?

Write an email to [email protected]

Sir how do I download this app????

If you are on mobile, you likely will have a little dropdown menu named "Assets", from there you can see the package (APK) to install the app. Download and install. If you are on a PC, you might see the "Assets" menu already collapsed and from there you can see the APK.
    Don't waste your money with this app! Google is going to always find a way to stop every method people will find to circumvent AA restrictions. It will be fairer not to ask for money for "products" that will cease to work in only a few weeks.
    Relax. It's just a few bucks.
    I don't mind supporting a developer with a great idea. Even if it's not permanent.
    He still did the work, so why not pay the small price to enjoy it while it lasts.
    Hi everybody, for me the touch works on my car screen using Screen2auto, but when I am on the s2a launcher and press any app then I have black screen ( on the cell phone the app runs ok)
    Oneplus 8 pro , no root
    Yo tras instalar app AAAD y Carstream no me aparece en Android auto. ¿Qué puede ser?

After installing the AAAD app and Carstream it does not appear in Android auto. What can be?