[APP][6.0+] Screenshot Assistant - Capture screenshots by holding the Home button

PanWasky

May 16, 2017

Screenshot Assistant

Capture screenshots by holding the Home button. This app replaces Google Assistant.

Features:

• Crop screenshot to the desired size
  • Save screenshot to the device
  • Share screenshot with your friends

You can find it in Google Play

Attachments

Last edited:

psycholyzern

Feb 25, 2015
Hi. Nice app. But I am having a problem. Most of the time, only a white border will appear around my screen, but no screenshot was taken. I had to close/reopen app, or try numerous times.

Android 7.1.2, OnePlus One

MishaalRahman

Editor in Chief
Nov 2, 2015
www.xda-developers.com
How do I return the long press to Google Assistant if I uninstall?
Go to settings and search for "assist". You should find a setting to set the default assistant app. Choose the Google App.

I have only one Problem, OK Google don't work any more.
When you change the default Assistant app, I believe you have to go into the Google App's settings once again to enable "OK Google" voice detection

PanWasky

May 16, 2017
Hi. Nice app. But I am having a problem. Most of the time, only a white border will appear around my screen, but no screenshot was taken. I had to close/reopen app, or try numerous times.

Android 7.1.2, OnePlus One
Can you send me a screenshot (power + volume down) of this case?
EDIT: Does this phone have a battery saver? It could be a problem. Screenshot Assistant have to be exluded from battery saving.

How do I return the long press to Google Assistant if I uninstall?
Phone Settings -> Apps -> Tap setting icon in upper right corner -> Assist & Voice Input -> Assistant App -> Choose Google Assistant

I have only one Problem, OK Google don't work any more.
This app replaces Google Assistant which is responsible for OK Google. Maybe I could fix it somehow. I'll look at this problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: HorstiG

psycholyzern

Feb 25, 2015
Can you send me a screenshot (power + volume down) of this case?
EDIT: Does this phone have a battery saver? It could be a problem. Screenshot Assistant have to be exluded from battery saving.
You can see in 1st attachment, there is a white border, but after that, nothing happen. Also sometimes, very rarely, the screenshot taken after a few seconds that white border gone.

In 2nd attachment showing that I excluded this app from battery optimization.

If you cant figure it out, maybe a logcat can help? I can try to get it if you want. This app is supercoll because my power button will be dead soon, so Im trying to use my power button lesser than before.

Attachments

Last edited:

PanWasky

May 16, 2017
I would definitely be willing to pay extra for a version with a scrolling screenshot..
What do you mean by "scrolling screenshot"?

You can see in 1st attachment, there is a white border, but after that, nothing happen. Also sometimes, very rarely, the screenshot taken after a few seconds that white border gone.
Such behavior indicates that something is killing Screenshot Assistant.
I've seen on the screenshot, that you're using Greenify. Make sure Screenshot Assistant is excluded from Greenify's hibernation.

36dbldz

Jun 17, 2016
On oneplus 3 you can take a long screenshot. If you have an article it can scroll down and capture more than just size of screen. Like doing a panoramic pic but vertically

PanWasky

May 16, 2017
I'm afraid I can't add status bar and navigation. The app receives screenshot from the system after you hold Home button. System sends it without status bar and navigation bars, so I don't have a control over it.

Reactions: quyleanh

quyleanh

Dec 29, 2013
I'm afraid I can't add status bar and navigation. The app receives screenshot from the system after you hold Home button. System sends it without status bar and navigation bars, so I don't have a control over it.
I have try some app but it can't take full screen as well...
Thank you. Keep going bro.