[APP][6.0+] SystemUI Tuner

Search This thread

Zacharee1

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
I wasn't clear, sorry, with paid I meant in-app-buy. I just could open the alpha group and on Play Google it says, I'm a tester already. So at the moment beta and alpha are the same?

I highly appreciate Your work. I own a non rootable Huawei P smart with Android Pie with Your SysteUI Tuner I finally got a systemwide dark mode. Other special apps for dark mode didn't work. So thank You! :good:

You have to first leave the beta test, then join the Google Group if you haven't already, and then rejoin the program. I have no idea why it's that way, but it is.

~El Julio~

Mar 31, 2016
Paris
Thankfully it is that way. The alpha is so messy it almost soft bricked my Pixel C on stock Oreo and kept crashing on Pixel 3a once persistent modes were activated.
Too bad, the UI change was definitely welcomed.
But the instability plus the lack of some features like notification snoozing times, lockscreen's shortcuts (which do work on 10) and QS row tiles numbers means it's a no go for me.
(The beta version is very efficient and stable so back to it)

Question, though : Will the system.settings add-on have a need to be granted DUMP & PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS permissions too or just the WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS one in the future version you're working on ?

Last edited:

komsa

Feb 11, 2007
Subotica
android 10 MIUI 11 , when i turn "Status Bar" immersive mode on in both stable version and in alpha version also , it works as it should ......only thing , after restarting the phone i have to enable it manually again cause it goes back to "Pre-Confirms"...............is there any workarround ?!?

Last edited:

faultystars

May 5, 2020
I've used the SystemUI Tuner before without problem, downloaded it to my new phone today, after a system update, to fix the positioning of the clock icon in my status bar (the same reason why I had used it in the past). After allowing permissions (write secure settings only), I went to find the setting I needed to sort my problem; however, while checking other options to see if I wanted to make any other tweaks, I turned on Night Display to see what it would look like. When I did this, my entire screen faded out, and now my phone screen is just black and the device is unresponsive, but when I tried plugging it in and out of my laptop, it recognised that a device had been plugged in, meaning that it's still on. I just wanna fix this, but I have no idea how

Zacharee1

I've used the SystemUI Tuner before without problem, downloaded it to my new phone today, after a system update, to fix the positioning of the clock icon in my status bar (the same reason why I had used it in the past). After allowing permissions (write secure settings only), I went to find the setting I needed to sort my problem; however, while checking other options to see if I wanted to make any other tweaks, I turned on Night Display to see what it would look like. When I did this, my entire screen faded out, and now my phone screen is just black and the device is unresponsive, but when I tried plugging it in and out of my laptop, it recognised that a device had been plugged in, meaning that it's still on. I just wanna fix this, but I have no idea how

`adb shell settings delete secure night_display_activated`

Reactions: david72262

divineBliss

Oct 4, 2014
I would try going into a completely dark room - maybe the screen can be seen in very low/no light conditions.

AwelO

Oct 20, 2011
i mean same result like this error before.
Operation not allowed: java.lang.SecurityException:grantRuntimePermission: Neither user 2000 nor current process has android.permission.GRANT_RUNTIME_PERMISSIONS
so "maybe" not working or samething wrong with my phone or MIUI

edit: use the latest version of your app from playstore

Hello, I need some help. The adb command wont work for me...
Code:
adb shell pm grant com.zacharee1.systemuituner android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
Operation not allowed: java.lang.SecurityException: grantRuntimePermission: Neither user 2000 nor current process has android.permission.GRANT_RUNTIME_PERMISSIONS.
Thanks.

@Zacharee1 I have had this error. But I have found how to fix it. I'm with miui 11, there is another security option for USB debugging, which is called "USB debugging (Security settings)", that after 3 warnings, you activate the option and you no longer have the "Neither user" error 2000 nor current process has ... "

Perhaps this will help in the installation instructions of the app to some user :)

Nagelzz

Jul 17, 2011
Hey @Zacharee1, thank you for an amazing app.
Have you found a way to move the notifications to the right side, instead of just disabling them? I mean not having the alarm icon on the left is better than nothing, but would prefer it to just be on the other side of the notch haha.
using Xiaomi Mi9 Lite /CC9 - miui 12 Android 10

Thanks in advance!

Zacharee1

Hey @Zacharee1, thank you for an amazing app.
Have you found a way to move the notifications to the right side, instead of just disabling them? I mean not having the alarm icon on the left is better than nothing, but would prefer it to just be on the other side of the notch haha.
using Xiaomi Mi9 Lite /CC9 - miui 12 Android 10

Thanks in advance!
The manufacturer decides how icons are laid out. There's no setting to change that.

Reactions: DE SEXIEST

TorpedoGirl

Oct 21, 2011
I'm trying to use this for hiding the Digital Wellbeing icon, but nothing seems to work...I gave all permissions via adb, rebooted several times, but the icon does not disappear. Huawei P30 Pro with Android 10 (EMUI 10)

tisazalay

Mar 17, 2012
Panama
Getting rid of the alarm icon used to work on my P30 Pro, with previous versions. Had to factory reset and installed latest version and doesn't work anymore. Probably a custom key value will get it done, just got to figure out it. I'll keep an eye on it.

tisazalay

Mar 17, 2012
Panama
Further looking into the Alarm icon, I tried adding a custom key (alarm_clock) and found out now i can't add underscores on keys values, could it be related? Once more, Thanks for this great app.

EDIT: I tried the method used in https://xdaforums.com/huawei-p20-pro/how-to/guide-hiding-status-bar-icons-t3853258?nocache=1 and it worked to disable the alarm icon. (the command was "adb shell settings put secure icon_blacklist alarm_clock"), but unfortunately it disabled the customization with SystemUI Tuner and since I'm lazy, I won't write that line with every single icon I dislike and went back to this app, so now I'm pretty confident the underscore thing is messing around. Another interesting side effect I noticed is that after I messed with the adb command, in SystemUI Tuner, reloading the backed up icons doesn't toggle them automatically, I had to manually set them again.

Looking forward for an update of the app that addresses the underscore glitch so I can manually add "alarm_clock" in case the built in toggle doesn't do the work on my Huawei P30 Pro.

Third edit:
Disregard everything about the underscore, suddenly it worked, added the "alarm_clock" custom key and now the Icon is gone for good with the other customizations. Now I suggest that value is added for the Huawei part.

Last edited:

tisazalay

Mar 17, 2012
Panama
I have Huawei P30 pro, I gave all the Write settings permissions but I cannot seem to get rid of the alarm clock icon and some other customizations. Pretty much nothing changes when I toggle off the options. It used to work good with my s8. Anyone tried with P30 pro?

This is a solve for it, tested on my Huawei P30 Pro:

1. Grant all three permissions for SystemUI (adb... DUMP, WRITE, etc.)
2. Inside SystemUI Tuner (version 308), go to the "Status Bar" Tweaks (side menu)
3. Get into Icon Blacklist
4. Scroll down to Custom, then Add Custom Item
5. Inside label, type "Alarm", inside key, type "alarm_clock" (importan to write it in lower case and with the underscore), then press ok
6. Toggle the added value and then restart phone.
7. Thanks zacharee1 for this.

Last edited:

Zacharee1

I'm sorry but I do not understand your reply...I want to remove the icon of Digital Wellbeing which is on status bar, yes. I need the permanent notification, but I don't want the icon on status bar.
Hold down on the notification and set its importance to minimum.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For some reason, a lot of manufacturers seem to have a problem with us customizing our own devices, to the point where some disable the built-in Android SystemUI Tuner.

This app aims to fix that problem, by providing a replacement. For the most part, this is a replica of Android's SystemUI Tuner; however, there are a few extra goodies that Android's solution doesn't include by default.

While I made this for my LG V20, since LG removed the stock SystemUI Tuner, I see no reason why at least the core features won't work on other devices. Even if you have the stock Tuner already, go ahead and try this app out. There are some extra features for you.

Now for some notes:
    - This app does NOT require ROOT, but you will need to grant some permissions using ADB (instructions in app).
    - This app should work on any device running Android Marshmallow (6.0) or above.
    - This app is EXPERIMENTAL! Certain features may not work on your particular device. If they do not, that is unfortunately out of my control.

I'm always looking for things to add, so if you have a suggestion, I'd love to hear it.

SAMSUNG USERS:
    https://github.com/zacharee/SystemUITunerRedesign#troubleshooting

ADB Instructions:
    Now part of the app itself.

Translators:
    https://crowdin.com/project/systemui-tuner

Telegram:
    http://bit.ly/ZachareeTG

Play Store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zacharee1.systemuituner

Alpha Program:
    Download on Labs: https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.zacharee1.systemuituner
    Join Alpha Group: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/systemui-tuner-alpha

Source Code:
    https://github.com/zacharee/SystemUITunerRedesign
    https://github.com/zacharee/Tweaker
    Samsung users (touchwiz)

TouchWiz 7.0 (Nougat) has a bug that causes System UI to crash on reboot in certain conditions. It has been confirmed to affect the S7 and Note 5, but most likely affects all Samsung Nougat devices, including the S8.

Conditions:
    - `icon_blacklist` has been modified (Status Bar section in app)
    - System UI is restarted somehow (Reboot, crash, etc)

Since version 1.9.6, my app has employed a workaround for Samsung devices (in the form of a toggle in the Settings page, turned on by default on Samsungs), which clears `icon_blacklist` on reboot and then restores it when boot has completed and System UI has had time to start. For the most part, it works well, but it has a few flaws. Namely, force rebooting, kernel panics, or killing System UI won't give my app a chance to perform the appropriate actions.

I am working on a way for it to also avoid problems even after a force reboot, but it's still in early development, and restarting System UI won't be fixable; if you do that, you'll have to reboot normally somehow. If you get caught in the System UI crash loop, there are some things you can do to fix it:

METHOD 0:
    - Reboot normally. Hold down the power button until the reboot menu comes up and reboot from there. System UI may be broken, but there's a good chance my app will be able to do what it needs, and you should be fine after boot completes.

METHOD 1:
    - If you have ADB set up on your computer and a fingerprint trained on your device, this is pretty easy. Plug in your device and run `adb shell settings delete secure icon_blacklist`. System UI should start right up.

METHOD 2:
    - If you don't have ADB, but have root access and TWRP, reboot into TWRP, connect your device to your computer and run `adb pull /data/system/users/0/settings_secure.xml`. PM me that file and I'll PM you back a fixed copy. Push that fixed copy back to your device with `adb push /location/of/fixed/settings_secure.xml /data/system/users/0/settings_secure.xml`. Reboot and you're good.

METHOD 3:
    - Factory reset. It would be hard to get to this point, but if you managed, it's really the only option left.

(This is for the app listing or anyone who needs it.)
    Quick preview:

OSjlZLO.png

AAAMXN0.png

XOTqm8b.png

I obviously have to work out the colors and such, but what does everyone think of the layout itself?
    Thank you, but i don't use Telegram ...
    Your loss - Many Developers are going to Telegram for support..

Sent from my SM-G975W Running One UI Beta v2.0 ??
    How'd you get rid of the battery icon? SystemUI Tuner won't do it for me on a T-Mobile S10+.

As I said System UI Tuner Dev doesn't have a device running One UI v2.0 yet - So currently System UI Tuner is unable to remove the Battery Icon - I'm using HEX Theme in this screen shot which does have the ability to hide the Battery Icon - Please remember that One UI V2.0 is very new & Devs are working hard to up their applications for One UI V2.0 - I know that Zachary is in the process of getting a new device that runs One UI V2.0 ? ?

Sent from my SM-G975U using XDA Labs