[APP] 6thGear-RomControl [v3.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Wuby986

Oct 18, 2013
i actually dunno where to start from..
first of all you suppose we left the project?

about your comits i have a simple question: why did you set the target sdk to higher vs?
and i am not really sure you know why it was set like that.. if you just took the time to read the original tread instead of just forking a repo, click OK on update message when prompted and call it v3, maybe you would know.. btw! yeah HUGE update, it really deserves a vs naming upgrade..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ala_mo

Oct 31, 2016
Over the rainbow :3

about your comits i have a simple question: why did you set the target sdk to higher vs?
and i am not really sure you know why it was set like that.. if you just took the time to read the original tread instead of just forking a repo, click OK on update message when prompted and call it v3, maybe you would know.. btw! yeah HUGE update, it really deserves a vs naming upgrade..
Hi there

I just did one commit for now, gradle deps update, but i intend to do some optimizations with the current code plus some redesigning etc. I don't have time to work on it now, as I have some exams and yes I agree that naming it v3 would be too unreasonable, I'll change that. After exams, I'll probably start working on it ;-;

I set it to higher cause many old(lp/mm) roms that use rom control has stopped development, and it's mostly newer roms that are based on nougat that are constantly pushing out new updates, hence I targeted 25.

I know you guys left the project and thus i wanted to continue with some minor updates

daxgirl

Jun 30, 2012
Jerusalem
Hi there

I just did one commit for now, gradle deps update, but i intend to do some optimizations with the current code plus some redesigning etc. I don't have time to work on it now, as I have some exams and yes I agree that naming it v3 would be too unreasonable, I'll change that. After exams, I'll probably start working on it ;-;

I set it to higher cause many old(lp/mm) roms that use rom control has stopped development, and it's mostly newer roms that are based on nougat that are constantly pushing out new updates, hence I targeted 25.

I know you guys left the project and thus i wanted to continue with some minor updates
The project is still ongoing.
Hwile it's true that it's all under gpl, and you're free to use whole or parts of it as you please, you cannot make v3.0 of the original project. It just doesn't work like this. You're not part of the team. You want to have your own project, you're welcome to the code or parts of it. But you don't get to create the new version of an existing project without at least consulting with us first. The project is still ongoing. The latest version is v2.1. What you did here is ridiculous at the very least.
We haven't stopped the project. The development on it continuous. And BTW setting the target sdk to nougat will render it unusable as data app. And if you were an Android developer, you would understand that. It's well explained on our original thread, where btw, the development continues.
So yeah... Have a great day.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Androidwizzard

ala_mo

Oct 31, 2016
Over the rainbow :3
Hwile it's true that it's all under gpl, and you're free to use whole or parts of it as you please, you cannot make v3.0 of the original project. It just doesn't work like this. You're not part of the team. You want to have your own project, you're welcome to the code or parts of it. But you don't get to create the new version of an existing project without at least consulting with us first. The project is still ongoing. The latest version is v2.1. What you did here is ridiculous at the very least.
We haven't stopped the project. The development on it continuous. And BTW setting the target sdk to nougat will render it unusable as data app. And if you were an Android developer, you would understand that. It's well explained on our original thread, where btw, the development continues.
Yeah got it. I thought the development is stopped for good, thats why I wanted to (unofficially)continue it. I'll ask a mod to close this thread now ;-;

Sorry for the inconvenience caused

daxgirl

Jun 30, 2012
Jerusalem
Yeah got it. I thought the development is stopped for good, thats why I wanted to (unofficially)continue it. I'll ask a mod to close this thread now ;-;

Sorry for the inconvenience caused
Not close. Remove. Permanently. I got too many pm about it already. Thank you.

coal686

Senior Moderator / Developer Rel. / Mod Liaison
Staff member
Apr 13, 2012
Tampa-ish, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thread closed per OP request. As a rule, we don't delete threads (Le Goog no likey!), but the OP has been deleted and the thread closed, so that should suffice. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks,
coal686
Senior Moderator

Reactions: Sachin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    :silly:

Sent from my mido using XDA Labs
    Hi there

Thread closed per OP request. As a rule, we don't delete threads (Le Goog no likey!), but the OP has been deleted and the thread closed, so that should suffice. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks,
    coal686
    Senior Moderator
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone