[App] [7.0+] Access Dots - Android 12 / iOS 14 privacy indicators (Cam/Mic/GPS) for all!

Search This thread

tiniwings

Mar 3, 2012
Thanks everyone for the feedback and support!

Here is a major update, AD_2.0_BETA,

What's New?

#1 Added Access Logs, shows: Time at which cam/mic was accessed, foreground App during the Access initiation, and duration of access.
#2 For Android 10+, devices with camera notch, Access Dots by default now sticks beside the camera cutout like iOS 14.
#3 Added 'Custom' location options to specify location in X/Y coordinates
#4 Stability, bug fixes.

Upcoming feature: A combined 'Access Dot' when both cam & mic are engaged! Stay tuned!

Thanks for the update. Now the Dot is visible properly even with rounded corners.
One feature Idea: Exclude list? Bz whenever I unlock my mobile with FaceID the AccessDot is visible and from the logs are filled with number of entries with "System UI"

tiniwings

Mar 3, 2012
Sample Screen shot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200724-152554.png
    Screenshot_20200724-152554.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 862

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Thanks for the update. Now the Dot is visible properly even with rounded corners.
One feature Idea: Exclude list? Bz whenever I unlock my mobile with FaceID the AccessDot is visible and from the logs are filled with number of entries with "System UI"

Glad to know that it works well with your rounded corners now!

And that's a valid and great idea, noted. :)

neildalal

Jan 16, 2014
Mumbai
Thank you for the great app. Any chance of making the dot move it's location slightly every minute so that we can have burn in protection? If there are many people like me who video call for hours in a day, it could be helpful to them.
Edit: Or perhaps as stated above, an exclude apps list would work just fine so that I can disable it for that video calling app.

Last edited:

gohan040

May 14, 2011
Eindhoven
Last edited:

vdbhb59

• Feb 15, 2016
    OnePlus 5
    Samsung Galaxy M30
    You clearly don't know anything about apkmirror. You don't need a account , you don't need to install a store , you just download and install the APK.
    What more privacy do you want?

https://www.apkmirror.com/apkmirror-com-privacy-policy/
    And
    https://www.apkmirror.com/faq/
    Google it and you'll see you can trust it.
    You clearly are advocate for them. Endorsing gets you how much?
    Anyways, I clearly understand my rights, Prolly you do not, so "foogling" it up and pasting here.

Aswin08

Dec 31, 2012
    Anyways, I clearly understand my rights, Prolly you do not, so "foogling" it up and pasting here.

Endorsing F-Droid gets you how much?

You can request the Dev to consider adding in F-Droid instead of your- "Why not add in F-Droid if privacy is the point of this app" .

gohan040

May 14, 2011
    Eindhoven

What? Really? You don't answer my question what kind of privacy you need but start about being apkmirrors advocate? Understand rights? What rights? And foogling? Really? Kinda childish don't you think? Listen dude, I'm just trying to help you nothing more! I don't got anything to do with apkmirror or this app, just trying to be nice and help, like xda should be... Good luck with your F-Droid

Last edited:

Albirew

Jan 11, 2013
    Provence
    albirew.fr
    just like energy bar (good alternative to TEAM battery bar btw), the only way for me to install it is to use alternative store or apk, on play, it shows app as incompatible for my 1+1 and LOS 15.1 (android 8.1)

x.PT.o

Dec 20, 2011
    Great work and thanks for the app!

Just an heads-up.... on Oneplus 7T Pro, default cam app, rear cam only shows in use when in night mode, front cam all good.

ChilliBo

Aug 12, 2010
    Cologne
    Hey, first of, really nice app!
    Question, is it possible, to add the name of app to the dot, which currently have access to cam/mic?

Like on ios?

Look at screenshot :) EdGjfU_XoAI4Nn6.jpg

Gesendet von meinem SM-G975F mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Reactions: chrisrevoltes

Swyer222

Jul 30, 2020
    Just FYI or as a warning... the Access Log doesn't actually show you the app that was using the camera or microphone. It is showing you what the foreground app was at the time of recording.

Most of my access notifications stem from System ui when unlocking the phone with fingerprint. This seems odd as the ui has no reason to access the cam. Please can the devs confirm that this not actually being accessed by another app on background and reflects the above behavior of reporting foreground apps?

Many thanks

Keule-Tm

Oct 3, 2016
    Berlin
    Samsung Galaxy S10
    Most of my access notifications stem from System ui when unlocking the phone with fingerprint. This seems odd as the ui has no reason to access the cam. Please can the devs confirm that this not actually being accessed by another app on background and reflects the above behavior of reporting foreground apps?

Many thanks
    I guess that's for implementations of face unlock.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Download now from Google Play Store! If you like the App, please leave a review on Play Store! :)

Hey Guys! Developer of Energy Bar/Ring/Notch here! Just done developing a cool little App which basically ports the Android 12 / iOS 14's indicators for camera and microphone access, to Android, all the way down to Android 7.0! :D (Bonus: GPS Location access monitoring included.)

Did you know that once you grant access to your phone's camera/microphone/GPS location to any third-party App, they can use it silently in the background?

And do you feel envious about the new iOS 14's privacy feature - shows an indicator whenever camera or microphone is accessed? Or you can't wait for Android 12's implementation of the same feature?

access_dots_logo.png
      Presenting Access Dots for Android, supporting all the way down to Android 7.0!

Access Dots, adds the same iOS 14 style indicators (few pixels light up as a dot) to the top right (default) corner of your screen whenever any third-party App uses your phone's camera/microphone/GPS location. Access Dots will be visible even on your lockscreen!

Configuring the App is as simple as enabling the Access Dots Accessibility Service. By default the App is configured to show iOS 14 style colored access dots - green for camera access, orange for microphone access and blue for GPS location. The App itself does NOT request for access to camera or microphone, however, to be able to monitor GPS access by any App, 'Access Dots' require GPS location permission.

home screen text.png
      overview2.png

microphone access dot.png
      camera gps access dots text.png

Access Log text.png
      Settings Text.png

ezgif-com-optimize-1.gif

Access Dots is in early BETA, under development, so far it has the following features:

● Display Access Dots whenever phone's camera/microphone/GPS location is engaged by a third-party App.
      ● Maintain an Access Log, which can be accessed from the App's main settings screen. The Access Log shows when the camera/microphone/GPS location was accessed, which App was in foreground at the time of access initiation and how long did the access last.
      ● Assign any color to either of the Access Dots.
      ● On Android 10+, Access Dots by default sticks beside your camera cutout (if your device has.) You can configure the location of Access Dots to the point of specifying X/Y coordinates.
      ● If your device supports 'Energy Ring - Universal Edition!' App, then you can wrap Access Dots around the punch hole camera as well.
      ● The size of Access Dots can be adjusted.

Access Dots integration with 'Energy Ring - Universal Edition!':

While it's free to change the Access Dots' color to whatever you want, consider making a donation to support the development and have access to few extra configurations like changing the 'size' of the dot or its location on the screen. :)

Note: Please make sure the App is whitelisted under any kind of optimization setting your device has, if the App is killed from background by the System, you may have to restart phone to get the Access Dots active again.
      The App is now published on Google Play Store!

Hey Guys! The wait is over, the App is now available on Google Play Store, download now!

And hey, please leave a review if you like the App, cheers! :)
      Its great idea. Is there workaround to use phone's own notification leds instead of statusbar.
      Even if not. Its good as many apps suspicious asks for so many permissions.

In a future version!

Namaste. So where's the link, sir?

Sounds /lookes like a Great app! Subscribed to the thread!

Amazing!!

Waiting for it to be published!.

Up, up and it's up - Download Access Dots from Google Play Store!

Indians are very smart, how do you guys do it? There's hardly any Mexican developers that i know of :(

Ha! Not sure if it has anything to do with the origin, but thanks! :)

I'm jumping the gun here, possibly, but... Looks like it was published!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=you.in.spark.access.dots

Haha, even I did not know that it's up until I read the first two reviews! :)
      Major Update!

Thanks everyone for the feedback and support!

Here is a major update, AD_2.0_BETA,

What's New?

#1 Added Access Logs, shows: Time at which cam/mic was accessed, foreground App during the Access initiation, and duration of access.
      #2 For Android 10+, devices with camera notch, Access Dots by default now sticks beside the camera cutout like iOS 14.
      #3 Added 'Custom' location options to specify location in X/Y coordinates
      #4 Stability, bug fixes.

Upcoming feature: A combined 'Access Dot' when both cam & mic are engaged! Stay tuned!

Endorsing F-Droid gets you how much?

You can request the Dev to consider adding in F-Droid instead of your- "Why not add in F-Droid if privacy is the point of this app" .