[APP][7.0+] Mantis Gamepad Pro - Free & No-Root Gamepad Mapper for Android (Now Live on Google Play)

Search This thread

leathan

Sep 15, 2013
[NO ROOT NEEDED] Hey guys If your like me and refuse to use a second device to enable Mantis pro then your in luck!

I found a better solution than using termux app in split screen at the pairing screen. However you do need to have tasker app and the termux tasker addon and (maybe not) autoinput tasker addon.

Just import this profile into tasker and then at the pairing screen hold volume down and it will scrape the screen and get the info needed. Then in ~/.termux/tasker create a file adb.sh with the following code:

Bash:
printf $2 | adb pair $1
adb tcpip 5555

Then you can just copy buddyNew.sh anywhere on your phone and from termux run it and Mantis pro will load.

If thats too complicated and you rather do it manually, split screen + termux works but cannot be automated on boot and such.
Why does this no longer work -
If you need any help with the bellow let me know and ill make sure you get it working

1.) Go to settings (search "Battery Optimization") or navigate there via Settings -> Apps & Navigation -> Advanced -> Special app access -> Battery Optimizations

2.) Make sure that Mantis pro is not optimized, additionally make sure you have no active battery optimization profiles set in your device, however this is probably unneeded?

As for your other issue: [NO ROOT NEEDED]

I always activate on my android after setting adb tcpip 5555, and this is actually MUCH easier prior to android 11. In android 11 copy buddyNew.sh to your phone, install termux app, open termux and install adb pkg install android-tools then navigate to the adb pairing screen, and open termux in split screen and type adb pair <ip>:<port> followed by the code followed by adb tcpip 5555 followed by bash /sdcard/buddyNew.sh

You can also read my above post, which I linked a tasker profile I made to automate the process so I dont need to use split screen. I will update it later to be 100% automatic, right now you do need to manually navigate to the pairing screen and press volume down. (tasker also needs to be unoptimized and you need the termux tasker addon installed and maybe the autoinput addon too).

This no longer works which makes me very sad because I had the entire process automated on boot. Is there any way to get this working as before :(?

Now when I run the final command ./buddyNew.sh it spits out the expected output but it does not work :( there is a new feature in the app that makes this all easier atleast so its not too big a deal I guess :/ I can make new scripts on tasker but so much work :(

leathan

Sep 15, 2013
Actually I cannot get it to work period now :( when I try the new feature that asks for pairing code and the port it just freezes, or it connects to adb and then gets stuck at "1 minute to load mantis."

Now it says "Lunaching Buddy Service. this process could take up to 1 Minute.".... ugh

Last edited:

leathan

Sep 15, 2013
Well that was stressfull but I found some help online and now its working.

The only steps I needed to follow was click "reset" in the directbuddy screen and then revoke authorizations and try again.

This issue was quite frequent on Samsung Devices, but our latest update solved it for the most. Try the following steps again and let me know how it goes:

- Uninstall Mantis and then restart the device and then install it again.

- Tap on "Revoke USB Debugging authorizations" in Developer Options.

- Tap on the Reset Button in the DirectBuddy Screen.

- Disable Priority Mode in Game Booster/Game Launcher App.

- Remove any VPN App Installed.

- Then restart the device, turn both USB Debugging and Wireless Debugging ON, and try activating Mantis again.

xperia_lily

Feb 20, 2022
I'm using a PS3 controller with a wired connection
It is working in the operation check of Gamepad Calibration
I also placed the mapping
But when I press the button on the controller, the mapping doesn't work
why?
Is the PS3 controller compatible?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220606-060146.png
    Screenshot_20220606-060146.png
    176.9 KB · Views: 23

CyberrPK

Sep 12, 2020
I ask for advice on the app regarding security. it asks via wireless debugging to pair it, but doesn't that expose the smartphone to being "looked" and possible data stealing?

hogol

Oct 26, 2012
best mapper utility made ever!! is there any way to anchor the analog sticks?? ike the keft stick moves the entire analog overlay off the control point and then it misses, and how do the combos and sequences work?? anything like xpadder on the pc if you've heard/used it??

Last edited:

nexuspb

Jul 9, 2014
Thank you for this. I plan on buying premium but am stuck with an issue that I can't seem resolve.

The camera right joystick just feels off in cod mobile. It feels much easier to aim and look around with the touch screen. I tried playing around with sensitivity settings but I can't seem to get it right. Does anyone have any good settings

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BannerLow.png

Mantis Gamepad Pro is the most Modern & Safe Gamepad Keymapper App for Android. With Universal Touch Mapping you can use Mantis to play any Game on Android with a Game Controller. Mantis is Secure, Powerful & Intuitive. Mantis is also completely FREE 🔥🔥

Mantis has been specifically tested with Major Online Multiplayer Games like PUBG, COD, World War Heroes, etc to give you the Pro Console Level Gaming Experience on Android.

Mantis does NOT require Root for any functionality. Root is optional.

Features

No Cloning - Ban-Safe Gaming 🔒 : Mantis doesn't require cloning of Apps and instead uses an Universal Touch Mapping mechanism to function.

Great Gamepad Compatibility 🎮 : Mantis supports almost all Gamepads supported by Android. Xbox, PS4, Razer, iPega, GameSir, Logitech, etc.

Phases 🌖 : With Phases you can create separate Touch Mappings for different segments in the game. Eg. Driving, Movement, Parachute, etc

Incredible DPAD Support ↗ : Mantis allows you use your DPAD like ThumbStick. Great for Gamepads without Physical ThumbSticks. 8-Way DPAD as buttons is also supported.

Smart Resume ↩ : Mantis lets you Multi-Task between Gaming Sessions and will be ready with the Overlay once you return.

Dark Theme 🌑 : The Modern Interface & Incredible Dark Theme radiates the perfect gaming vibes while being intuitive at the same time.

Please use the In-App Feedback API to contact us or via our Social Media :

Email : [email protected]

Join Facebook Group : www.facebook.com/groups/mantisgamepadpro/

Follow us on Twitter : https://twitter.com/MantisGPro

google-play-badge.png
    Early Access

Mantis Gamepad Pro is now in Early Access on Google Play. Be the first to Test it for Free. If you would like to be a tester please DM me your Email Address you use with Google Play and you'll be given the Testing Link.

Very Limited Slots are available so it's First Come First Serve basis. ⏩ Thanks.
    🙏
    Mantis Gamepad Pro is now live on Open Beta Track in Google Play. No more registrations required.

Get it for free here :
    https://bit.ly/mantis-gplay
    Thanks!
    To activate MantisBuddy without needing another android phone or PC, this is what I do:
    1.- Install LADB (Android 11 to use Wireless debugging)
    2.- Once setup just run in shell command: "sh /sdcard/Android/data/app.mantispro.gamepad/files/buddyNew.sh"
    3.- Enter & Done :)

Great app!
    version 0.3.2b is now live on Internal Test Track.

- Fixed jerks in game Genshin Impact when moving Right Analog Stick constantly to move Camera(Camera Pan Mode). As reported by Deniz.
    - Fixed an issue where current Device Orientation was not being updated into Current Touch Profile.
    - Other minor fixes.

Please update to the latest version and keep using the In-App Feedback Mechanism to report or write directly to [email protected]. Enjoy. (y)