[APP][7.0+]Screen off timeout quick setting

moraleja39

May 20, 2012
I was missing a quick settings tile in Nougat to change the screen off timeout, so I quickly made my own. I share it here in case someone else would find it useful.
The app is very lightweight, using just 100KB of space once installed. It requires permission to change system settings for obvious reasons.
The strings are currently available in English and Spanish.

Attachments

Last edited:

bobkoure

Mar 24, 2011
Tasker?

Nice! I'd like to be able to initiate a Tasker 'task' from quick settings*. Not asking you to do the heavy lifting, but I'm wondering if you could share some hints about how to build something like this - or maybe even source?

*I've a task that starts car mode, starts car home, switches lux into 'car' profile. I had this working from a QS tile in kitkat (slimkat) and have been missing it since...
[edit]
I see there are apps already that can do this - d'oh!
[/edit]

Last edited:

ari2asem

May 14, 2013
Groningen
nice job....a little bit off-topic question.....can u make also QS-tile for LiveDisplay? in my rom on OPO i have the setting for livedisplay, but no QS-tile for it. rom is ressurection remix

Reactions: arvindgr

arvindgr

Nov 8, 2013
Tamilan
Great tile. Rather than that, is it possible to make tile that keeps Screen awake indefinitely until tile is turned off? Such tile would be more practically usable I guess...

torecdude

Feb 20, 2014
For some reason I can't drag the tile to the upper side when editing tiles. The tile disappears on the way.
Using Nexus 6 7.1.1 pure Nexus ROM.

moraleja39

May 20, 2012
Hey! Great work! Why dont publish on Google Play? Is a helpfull app for Nougat users!
Honestly, because I have not paid the publishing fee :D

Nice! I'd like to be able to initiate a Tasker 'task' from quick settings*. Not asking you to do the heavy lifting, but I'm wondering if you could share some hints about how to build something like this - or maybe even source?

*I've a task that starts car mode, starts car home, switches lux into 'car' profile. I had this working from a QS tile in kitkat (slimkat) and have been missing it since...
[edit]
I see there are apps already that can do this - d'oh!
[/edit]
Right, since Nougat came out there have been many apps to fiddle with the quick settings. However this is still just what I need.
I can release the source if you are interested. It's dead simple I assure you :D

Last edited:
Reactions: digitalpig82

moraleja39

May 20, 2012
Is this app available for MI users?, as Mi users have customized UI...
Unless they didn't implement the official API, it should work. Sadly I don't have any MI device to test :(

Great tile. Rather than that, is it possible to make tile that keeps Screen awake indefinitely until tile is turned off? Such tile would be more practically usable I guess...
That's definitely a great idea! Maybe it's time to update this little app...

Excellent addition to quick settings.
It would be even better if we select the tile and it opens on the quick settings itself with appropriate animation rather than the popup it have now.
It will be more like Nougat thinge.
Yeah I agree it would be way cooler, but Android does not support it :crying:. The only way to get that would be using a custom rom that implemented it.

Reactions: vvvvv5 and arvindgr