[App][8.0+][Magisk]App Volume Control

daarkpassenger

Jun 1, 2017
Been looking for something like this! One little issue though with a workaround.

I've been looking for this functionality for some time now on my OnePlus 6T. What I wanted to do was, while I was playing music in some app, eg: Spotify, and I wanna watch YouTube videos but I want the videos to be muted.
I Tried using shell commands through Termux using Wifi ADB to revoke the 'TAKE_AUDIO_FOCUS' permission of YouTube app. This used to work in older versions of android but on Android Q, after I flashed the Revoke Permission command in Termux, YouTube did not stop Spotify's playback and played videos simultaneously without even muting the playback. So essentially YouTube and Spotify both played their media.

That's when I found about this module, works like a charm but in my case of YouTube, the module muted YouTube's Audio playback but also paused my Spotify's playback. So YouTube WAS essentially muted, I couldn't play songs on Spotify simultaneously.

WORKAROUND:
Needed to do both the above mentioned things to achieve what I wanted.
Used Termux to ignore AUDIO_FOCUS requested by YouTube, so videos would play without pausing another Application's playback.
Then used to Module to mute Youtube.

Viola! After a long wait! :)

Hope you guys find this useful.

amineslz

Oct 4, 2020
Anyone here try this on rn8p 11.0.6 android 9 global?
Miui 12 has released this function, original in system.
I can't lose root in my phone so that's why am asking about this to install it without hard brick lol. ?

Meepaco

Apr 3, 2019
There is a thing where after literally random amounts of time some system audio will die (phone calls and alarms vibrate and don't ring, no charging sounds, no unlock sounds, musicolet equilizer doesn't work, probably more)

To fix you can reboot, but if you don't want to reboot you can run these commands to restart the daemon. Posting if anyone else has this issue

```
ps -eo 'tty,pid,comm' | grep audiohq

kill -9 <pid>

bash /data/adb/modules/module_audiohq/service.sh
```

lucfig

Feb 19, 2008
Rio das Ostras
I've been looking for this functionality for some time now on my OnePlus 6T. What I wanted to do was, while I was playing music in some app, eg: Spotify, and I wanna watch YouTube videos but I want the videos to be muted.
I Tried using shell commands through Termux using Wifi ADB to revoke the 'TAKE_AUDIO_FOCUS' permission of YouTube app. This used to work in older versions of android but on Android Q, after I flashed the Revoke Permission command in Termux, YouTube did not stop Spotify's playback and played videos simultaneously without even muting the playback. So essentially YouTube and Spotify both played their media.

That's when I found about this module, works like a charm but in my case of YouTube, the module muted YouTube's Audio playback but also paused my Spotify's playback. So YouTube WAS essentially muted, I couldn't play songs on Spotify simultaneously.

WORKAROUND:
Needed to do both the above mentioned things to achieve what I wanted.
Used Termux to ignore AUDIO_FOCUS requested by YouTube, so videos would play without pausing another Application's playback.
Then used to Module to mute Youtube.

Viola! After a long wait! :)

Hope you guys find this useful.
Hi,
Which command did you use?
I tried the following, but youtube still takes audio focus.
cmd appops set com.google.android.youtube TAKE_AUDIO_FOCUS ignore

I have a OnePlus 7T with android 10.

EDIT: Nevermind. It started working! Thanks!

Last edited:

highland180

Jun 22, 2014
Just installed on Tmo 8T 5G, works great. Oneplus volume control sucks and this fixes the problem of wanting to be notified of calls at 3:00 AM but not of emails from our back end servers. Obviously, the developers don't have children old enough to drive ... :)

Thank you!

Kylynx

Jul 6, 2013
Port Louis
Supports Android 11 now
Hay, i am experiencing a bug whereby one app is muted while the other app sound continues. As soon as i pause the latter, sound from the other app starts working(Audio Focus ignored on both apps). [Oneplus 6t running PiXeN Os 11]

Edit: SeLinux issue xD... Didn't know my kernel was enforcing(First time). 😂

Last edited: