[APP][8.0+] [OPEN SOURCE] [ROOT] OAndBackupX - Apps and data backup tool for Android.

Search This thread

heinhuiz

Nov 26, 2011
@Walden0, do you know what the second icon on the menu bar means, the one between Settings and Backup? Mine currently is colored red and has a small counter connected to it with the number 11. Pressing it does nothing. What is that?

Walden0

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 24, 2018
Jabalpur
@Walden0, do you know what the second icon on the menu bar means, the one between Settings and Backup? Mine currently is colored red and has a small counter connected to it with the number 11. Pressing it does nothing. What is that?
it shows the list of all the installed apps on your phone. I have never seen any number on it though, can you post a screenshot?

heinhuiz

Nov 26, 2011
it shows the list of all the installed apps on your phone. I have never seen any number on it though, can you post a screenshot?
See attachment. It has come up to 22 now after trying a new backup, I think it gives the number of messages in the log. Is there a way to clear the log?

Edit: It's not the log. I cleared that with a text editor and the number is still there.

Attachments

• IMG_20201114_210629.jpg
    IMG_20201114_210629.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

Walden0

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 24, 2018
Jabalpur
See attachment. It has come up to 22 now after trying a new backup, I think it gives the number of messages in the log. Is there a way to clear the log?

Edit: It's not the log. I cleared that with a text editor and the number is still there.
i just asked the dev, he says it is the Number of apps that are updated since their last backup.

@kitokit

Mar 15, 2017
I have an error when trying to restore backup, it says backup missing .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201118-104045611.jpg
    Screenshot_20201118-104045611.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 307

justcosmic

Dec 27, 2007
Just tried to install and get message "there was a problem parsing the package" downloaded from 2 different places (Github and Izzy)...

Machiav3lli

Feb 23, 2017
Berlin
Just tried to install and get message "there was a problem parsing the package" downloaded from 2 different places (Github and Izzy)...
The App supports only A8+.

making flashable zip added ?
That's one of the lowest priorities for now.

Runs smooth and fast on A7 2018 with custom Rom...

ThX
Happy to hear, you're welcome.

How does this compare to swift backup? I switched from titanium to swift on a10 because of restore issues on a10 and now on a11 swift is working decently.

Sent from my OnePlus 8T using XDA Labs
First and main difference: this project is open source. Second one: it's still under heavy development, performance isn't there yet.
Otherwise, a feedback is always welcome, preferably on GH, TG or Matrix.

some questions cani say take a bckup on my redmi note 4 and install it on MI a3 is it possible both phones are rooted and runing android 10 custom roms
In the current stable version(4.0.0), you should have the same backup directory on both devices e.g. 0/OABackupX/
@kitokit The same applies to your situation.

Thank you! Maybe next time you contact him you can propose to make a legend for al the icons in the app. They are not always that clear. ?
The documentation work is still secondary for now (performance & stability is the first priority) , but 5.0.0(alphas) provide already a lil bit more, and more is coming.

Reactions: Walden0

heinhuiz

Nov 26, 2011
The documentation work is still secondary for now (performance & stability is the first priority) , but 5.0.0(alphas) provide already a lil bit more, and more is coming.
I'm happy to see 5.0.0 is in the making. Not using Telegram or Matrix, it is hard to follow the progress of this project.
Thanks for the update!

goodflood

Aug 25, 2012
Hello.

So, my new device is ARM64; old device is not. I installed an old version (0.3.5) on the old device; new device has version 4.0.

I haven't tried to restore anything yet, but, is this going to be a problem? Should I installed an older version on the new device and try? Any other work around that might help?

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OAndBackupX is a fork of the infamous OAndBackup with the aim to bring OAndBackup to 2020. For now most of the functionality and UI of the app are rewritten, next steps would be making it stable and adding some features which could ease the backup/restore workflow with any device. Therefore all types of contribution are welcome.

Now on functionality of our App:

• It requires root and allows you to backup individual apps and their data.
    • Both backup and restore of individual programs one at a time and batch backup and restore of multiple programs are supported.
    • Restoring system apps should be possible without requiring a reboot afterwards.
    • Backups can be scheduled with no limit on the number of individual schedules and there is the possibility of creating custom lists from the list of installed apps.

Recommendation
    A combination with your favourite sync solution (e.g. Syncthing, Nextcloud...) keeping an encrypted copy of your apps and their data on your server or "stable" device could bring a lot of benefits and save you a lot of work while changing ROMs or just cleaning your mobile device.

Community
    There's a new room on Matrix and a group on Telegram to discuss the development of the App and test new versions:

OAndBackupX:Matrix.ORG

Telegram

Our Code Of Conduct applies to the communication in the community same as for all contributers.

Encryption
    If enabled the data backup will be encrypted with AES 256 based on a password you can set in the settings, which you'll have to use when you want to restore the data. This way you can store your backups more securely, worrying less about their readability.

if you have some java and android knowledge and like to contribute to the project see the following Development Document to see the goals and where a help is needed. Each contribution and communication in the project community should follow our Code Of Conduct

Download

Source Code
    Screenshots

Developer @Machiav3lli (Antonios Hazim)
    (I am merely creating this thread and in no way the developer or contributor to the app itself, all credit goes to him and others who have contributed )
    I tried to install the apk on my Rooted S7 Edge and I received a "There is a problem parsing the package" error message. How can I correct that error? Also can this application freeze applications like Titanium Pro?
    Probably something went wrong while downloading, just fetch it again.
    Freeze is called 'Disable' in the app, so yes, you can.
    Release 5.0.0

NEW MAJOR VERSION: incompatible with the old releases.

MIGRATED TO KOTLIN

SCHEDULED ACTIONS CAN ONLY LAST 10 MINUTES (SYSTEM CONSTRAINT): so partition your group of apps

Added: Individual modes for apps in batch action dialog
    Updated: Choosing a backup directory doesn't create a child folder anymore
    Updated: Far less unneeded refreshing
    Fixed: APK/data not found error
    Fixed: Persistent storage permission
    Fixed: A11 support
    Far too many other improvements, fixes and cleanups (in the full changelog)
    The App supports only A8+.

making flashable zip added ?
    That's one of the lowest priorities for now.

Runs smooth and fast on A7 2018 with custom Rom...

ThX
    Happy to hear, you're welcome.

How does this compare to swift backup? I switched from titanium to swift on a10 because of restore issues on a10 and now on a11 swift is working decently.

Sent from my OnePlus 8T using XDA Labs
    First and main difference: this project is open source. Second one: it's still under heavy development, performance isn't there yet.
    Otherwise, a feedback is always welcome, preferably on GH, TG or Matrix.

some questions cani say take a bckup on my redmi note 4 and install it on MI a3 is it possible both phones are rooted and runing android 10 custom roms
    In the current stable version(4.0.0), you should have the same backup directory on both devices e.g. 0/OABackupX/
    @kitokit The same applies to your situation.

Thank you! Maybe next time you contact him you can propose to make a legend for al the icons in the app. They are not always that clear. ?
    I tried to install the apk on my Rooted S7 Edge and I received a "There is a problem parsing the package" error message. How can I correct that error? Also can this application freeze applications like Titanium Pro?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone