[App][9.0+] Easy DND (Do Not Disturb) - New Premium Feature!

Search This thread

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Easy DND (Do Not Disturb)
for Android Pie and up

REVIEWS

"Easy DND is an app that aims to make the DND settings accessible in a more user-friendly manner"
XDA Portal

"If you'd rather open an app than dive into your settings to access the features of your device's do-not-disturb mode, Easy DND is an excellent choice"
Android Police

Easy DND is an app that offers the best features of Android’s Do Not Disturb in an accessible, user-friendly and colorful interface. It is designed for the latest versions of Android (Pie and up).

Change your options on the fly without having to delve into the depths of System Settings. Just keep Easy DND on your main screen and you will not want to go back to the old way of controlling your phone calls and other interruptions.

Now with homescreen widget for quick access.
Custom scheduling feature.

Easy DND let’s you toggle:

- Full Do Not Disturb - with no interruptions at all
- Priority Only
- Alarms Only
- All Phone Calls
- Starred Contacts Only – for your preferred contacts
- Repeat Callers
- Contacts Only
- Media Sounds
- Alarms
- Automatically turn DND off after next alarm
- More to come…

Easy DND is free and made in Flutter, the new way of creating expressive, beautiful apps. It needs only one permission to interact with “Do not Disturb”. Simply turn Easy DND off to exit it. No hassle!

This app is in beta, to join go to : Google Playstore - Easy DND
Please give feedback in this thread.

Attachments

• screener_1554188331454.png
    screener_1554188331454.png
    214.6 KB · Views: 2,019
  • screener_1554188307541.png
    screener_1554188307541.png
    164.6 KB · Views: 2,015
  • Screenshot_20190401-150734.png
    Screenshot_20190401-150734.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 2,043
  • Screenshot_20190401-150806.png
    Screenshot_20190401-150806.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,733
Last edited:

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Changelogs

13/4/2019:
Improved Icon
Fixed text overflow in large devices
Added Alarms Only mode

20/4/2019
Bug fixes - improved stability

8/5/2019
Dark Mode
Priority Only Setting now appears on tile

23/6/2019
New button on appbar allows you to automatically stop DND after your next alarm.

30/6/2019
Added tutorial for first-time users

17/7/2019
Bug fix.

27/3/2020
Homescreen widget now available for quick access to settings
Plus Priority Only options are now saved.

31/3/2020
Added a timer.

25/06/2020
Schedules. Premium option.

Last edited:

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Feature requests:

- Custom Schedules
Done in version 3.0.0
- Per app function
- Mapping to OnePlus Alert Slider
- Integration with Automagic and Tasker
- a quick settings tile to bring up a popup menu
- a homescreen widget Done in version 2.1.0
- a timer Done in version 2.2.0
- switch off after next alarm Done in version 1.5.0
- an alarms only mode Done in Version 1.1.0
- Total silence profile that still allows for silent notifications
- Save priority settings so that they stick (touch sounds, media, alarm etc) Done in version 2.1.0

Last edited:

lampon

Oct 20, 2016
Glad to see there are quite a few installs!
Guys, don't forget to report bugs and make feature requests! :D

Looks great! I like the clean design and colors. Might I make 2 suggestions / requests:
1. Is it possible to make the UX a bit more... predictable? For example, when you click a button, it activates an option, but when you click it again, it doesn't seem to do the opposite, which leads to confusion as to how to get back to the original state.
2. Integration with Automagic / Tasker / etc?

Thanks for your efforts!!

BeeWall

Jun 29, 2016
Thanks for the app, it seems useful. And looks pretty nice too, especially the animation when you click or hold something.

A couple features that would make it more useful: a quick settings tile to bring up a popup menu, and an alarms only mode.

Also, something that's probably a bug: when you enable Full DnD, then turn it off, then enable Priority Only, all the media, alarms, etc settings will still be off thanks to Full DnD.

Lastly, I see the description says open source, but don't see a link. Would you mind linking to the source code?

Reactions: StrangerWeather

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Looks great! I like the clean design and colors. Might I make 2 suggestions / requests:
1. Is it possible to make the UX a bit more... predictable? For example, when you click a button, it activates an option, but when you click it again, it doesn't seem to do the opposite, which leads to confusion as to how to get back to the original state.

Hello! Thanks for the good words! Could you give me an example of when you click a button and it does not have the expected behaviour? Cheers!
Integration with Automagic and Tasker: I'd have to work out how to do that, but I'll add it to the to do list! :)

Thanks for the app, it seems useful. And looks pretty nice too, especially the animation when you click or hold something.

A couple features that would make it more useful: a quick settings tile to bring up a popup menu, and an alarms only mode.

Also, something that's probably a bug: when you enable Full DnD, then turn it off, then enable Priority Only, all the media, alarms, etc settings will still be off thanks to Full DnD.

Lastly, I see the description says open source, but don't see a link. Would you mind linking to the source code?

Thanks also for the good words. I'll add the feature ideas, they are good ideas and I should be able to implement them fairly soon. Lastly, Enabling Priority Only is supposed to switch off media, alarms etc initially. Same as Full Dnd. The only difference is that you are then able to toggle them on if needed. Hope this clarifies things!

Reactions: BeeWall

lampon

Oct 20, 2016
Hello! Thanks for the good words! Could you give me an example of when you click a button and it does not have the expected behaviour? Cheers!
Integration with Automagic and Tasker: I'd have to work out how to do that, but I'll add it to the to do list! :)

Absolutely! As for the 2 items mentioned:
1. Example - it looks like the default state is DND off. If you turn it on using the green top left button, then turn it off again, then click on e.g. media sounds (which is off at that point), it will turn on all 4 options, media, messages, touch, and alarms. You can't then however click to turn any of these off again. Come to think of it, maybe this is a bug where DND state does not match on/off state of various settings.
2. Automagic / Tasker - thanks for looking into this! Not sure if this is your main focus after putting so much effort into the UI, but it would be super useful. I currently use Automagic to set DND on when connected to work wifi, but it refuses to turn it off when disconnected even though I've set that.

Thanks again!

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford

1. Example - it looks like the default state is DND off. If you turn it on using the green top left button, then turn it off again, then click on e.g. media sounds (which is off at that point), it will turn on all 4 options, media, messages, touch, and alarms. You can't then however click to turn any of these off again. Come to think of it, maybe this is a bug where DND state does not match on/off state of various settings.
2. Automagic / Tasker - thanks for looking into this! Not sure if this is your main focus after putting so much effort into the UI, but it would be super useful. I currently use Automagic to set DND on when connected to work wifi, but it refuses to turn it off when disconnected even though I've set that.

Thanks again!

Excellent, thanks, I will check out what you describe and come back to you.

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford

Thanks again!

So I had a look and this is what happens in my case:
1. DND OFF by default (media, alarms etc allowed - can't be toggled)
2. I click on the top green button: Full DND ON (media, alarms etc go to OFF - can't be toggled)
3. I click on the green button again: DND back to OFF (media, alarms etc go back to ON - can't be toggled)

This is expected behaviour. Is that not what you are getting then? If not, please let me know what phone you are using and what android api you're on. Cheers!

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Anyone using the app with a Samsung device? Someone on Reddit says that the "Advanced Settings" button crashes the app on a Note 9. Can you guys reproduce this?
It might be that the path to System Settings is different on Samsung devices, in which case I need to modify my code. Please let me know! Cheers!

somebully

Nov 18, 2009
Love the app! Actually managed to get a setting that I cant find by default on my Huawei Mate 10 pro: Silent calling when called by unknown number, _while_ keeping notification sound on for apps. I use this DND setting 24/7 now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Easy DND (Do Not Disturb)
    for Android Pie and up

REVIEWS

"Easy DND is an app that aims to make the DND settings accessible in a more user-friendly manner"
    XDA Portal

"If you'd rather open an app than dive into your settings to access the features of your device's do-not-disturb mode, Easy DND is an excellent choice"
    Android Police

Easy DND is an app that offers the best features of Android’s Do Not Disturb in an accessible, user-friendly and colorful interface. It is designed for the latest versions of Android (Pie and up).

Change your options on the fly without having to delve into the depths of System Settings. Just keep Easy DND on your main screen and you will not want to go back to the old way of controlling your phone calls and other interruptions.

Now with homescreen widget for quick access.
    Custom scheduling feature.

Easy DND let’s you toggle:

- Full Do Not Disturb - with no interruptions at all
    - Priority Only
    - Alarms Only
    - All Phone Calls
    - Starred Contacts Only – for your preferred contacts
    - Repeat Callers
    - Contacts Only
    - Media Sounds
    - Alarms
    - Automatically turn DND off after next alarm
    - More to come…

Easy DND is free and made in Flutter, the new way of creating expressive, beautiful apps. It needs only one permission to interact with “Do not Disturb”. Simply turn Easy DND off to exit it. No hassle!

This app is in beta, to join go to : Google Playstore - Easy DND
    Please give feedback in this thread.
    Changelogs

13/4/2019:
    Improved Icon
    Fixed text overflow in large devices
    Added Alarms Only mode

20/4/2019
    Bug fixes - improved stability

8/5/2019
    Dark Mode
    Priority Only Setting now appears on tile

23/6/2019
    New button on appbar allows you to automatically stop DND after your next alarm.

30/6/2019
    Added tutorial for first-time users

17/7/2019
    Bug fix.

27/3/2020
    Homescreen widget now available for quick access to settings
    Plus Priority Only options are now saved.

31/3/2020
    Added a timer.

25/06/2020
    Schedules. Premium option.
    Feature requests:

- Custom Schedules
    Done in version 3.0.0
    - Per app function
    - Mapping to OnePlus Alert Slider
    - Integration with Automagic and Tasker
    - a quick settings tile to bring up a popup menu
    - a homescreen widget Done in version 2.1.0
    - a timer Done in version 2.2.0
    - switch off after next alarm Done in version 1.5.0
    - an alarms only mode Done in Version 1.1.0
    - Total silence profile that still allows for silent notifications
    - Save priority settings so that they stick (touch sounds, media, alarm etc) Done in version 2.1.0
    Glad to see there are quite a few installs!
    Guys, don't forget to report bugs and make feature requests! :D

Update coming up tomorrow, with dark mode and more! :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone