app activate wm6 bt pan without internet sharing

Search This thread

mrpotter

Aug 23, 2007
i wrote this tool can activate wm6 btpan without internet sharing enabled.

just run it,then you can connect wm6 btpan from pc now.and view share files using resco explorer.

remember to set a static ip addr like 192.168.0.2/255.255.255.0 for your btpan of pc bcoz DHCP server is disabled when internet sharing is disabled.

Attachments

• WM6BTPAN.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 8,332
Last edited:
Reactions: cattledogit

shlomki

Nov 6, 2006
Israel

just run it,then you can connect wm6 btpan from pc now.and view share files using resco explorer.

remember to set a static ip addr like 192.168.0.2/255.255.255.0 for your btpan of pc bcoz DHCP server is disabled when internet sharing is disabled.
OMG,
this is what i've wanted for FOREVER!!!
thank you, will try it out right now!!

shlomki

Nov 6, 2006
Israel
works great!! million thanks!
do you know a way to make it a "passive" connection? i mean, not a NAP (network access point) provider?

i want to use the pc's internet connection on the PPC via the bluetooth PAN, but the pc's bt widcom stack tells me it can't connect two NAP connections.
so i told it to "create a private network only", without sharing the internet connection, and it worked (but of course with no internet connection on my ppc)

can you please fix that and switch its "state" to a private network PAN?
let me know if i wan't clear enough... :p

and again, THANK YOU!

mrpotter

Aug 23, 2007
i have no idea to make ppc to be a pan client because there is no api to do it.
but ppc can share pc's internet via NAP.first set ppc's btpan nic ip to 192.168.0.2/255.255.255.0 and gateway/dns 192.168.0.1.after connected,enable pc's ICS between the internet nic and the btpan nic,then pc's btpan ip will auto set to 192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0.

luv2chill

Apr 6, 2005
Try this reg edit for PANU mode instead of NAP.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\BTPAN1\Parms]
"BusNumber"=dword:0
"BusType"=dword:0
"AdapterType"="PANU"
"ServiceId"="{00001115-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}"
"FriendlyName"="Personal Ad-hoc Network"
"Description"="Bluetooth PANU service"
"ConnectionTimeout"=dword:7530
"AcceptConnections"=dword:1
"MaxConnections"=dword:10

shlomki

Nov 6, 2006
Israel

"AdapterType"="PANU"
im not at home ATM, but it looks like something that could work :p
thanx luv2chill

mrpotter - i've tried that and every other combination i could think of - no success.
if i config the pc's bt to create a private network only, it won't share the internet connection...

mrpotter

Aug 23, 2007
i think pc's ICS should work.
yes,change "AdapterType"="PANU" then connect ppc's btpan makes pc to be master role.
but is there any way to connect pc's pan service from ppc?

none2

Oct 5, 2007
ROM version: 10.1.0.811 WWE
ROM date: 8/11/06
Radio Version: 02.25.11
Protocol version: 4.1.13.12

Hi. My HTC 8125, flashed as posted up there, doesn't start the wm6btpan.exe application. I have used another wm6 ROM (sorry, didn't write down the ROM data) and a wm5 ROM, but none of them is able to start the application.

Is this application compatible with HTC 8125?.

By the way, The ROM version that I'm using seems to support PAN as a built-in feature.
image2zy4.jpg

There you can see that three services are supported by the 8125: DUN, PAN and Voice Gateway

However, I'm unable to stablish a bluetooth PAN via this shortcut, either.

Do you have any idea? Thank you

Last edited:

Menneisyys

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2005
www.winmobiletech.com

Hi. My HTC 8125, flashed as posted up there, doesn't start the wm6btpan.exe application. I have used another wm6 ROM (sorry, didn't write down the ROM data) and a wm5 ROM, but none of them is able to start the application.

Thank you

It definitely isn't WM5-compliant. However, it's strange you're having probs with WM6 ROM's: I've tested it on three WM6 devices (s710 with the official ROM, Wizard, Univ) and everything worked just great.

shlomki

Nov 6, 2006
Israel

"AdapterType"="PANU"
ok, so this ALMOST works; :)
i'm able to connect the bt, share the internet connection, and even ping google.com sucessfully with TaskMgr!

BUT, nor PIE or Opera are able to sense that an internet connection is present, and they always try to dial the default GPRS connection.
so i went to the connections tab and disabled the gprs account, and left ONLY "My ISP" for internet and work settings,
but that didn't help, now a bubble comes up and writes that it can't connect with the current settings.

any ideas on how to make it notice THERE IS an internet connection?
(maybe we need to get CommMgr to notice this connection, and then our problems will be solved...?)

none2

Oct 5, 2007
It's impossible to configure

Hi

I tried to mod the registry key in the way that you quoted. However, the PDA reverts changes as they are made.

I even tried by creating a .reg file and importing it. It gives the same result, though.

Is there anything that I should disable in order to change the registry values?

thanks

shlomki

Nov 6, 2006
Israel
just change AdapterType to PANU manually with a reg editor,
the rest changes automatically.

Last edited:

mrpotter

Aug 23, 2007
PIE doesn't wok either.
i checked the reg when wifi is on and change tnetwln1 to btpan1,but no help.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\{f792e23c-dc19-4668-9be4-f8688b4c18d6}\TNETWLN1]
"Private_PreviouslyInitialized"=dword:00000001
"ConnectionGUID"="{2CBC92BB-F14D-6FFD-FDDA-E766C216D7AF}"
"Adapter"="TNETWLN1"
"SecureLevel"=dword:00000000
"Secure"=dword:FFFFFFFF
"AlwaysOn"=dword:00000001
"DestId"="{ADB0B001-10B5-3F39-27C6-9742E785FCD4}"

Menneisyys

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2005
www.winmobiletech.com

By the way, The ROM version that I'm using seems to support PAN as a built-in feature.

There you can see that three services are supported by the 8125: DUN, PAN and Voice Gateway

However, I'm unable to stablish a bluetooth PAN via this shortcut, either.

Do you have any idea? Thank you

1. many current cooked WM6 ROM's come with the DUN hack (see http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&p=2121&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1 ) - it's unofficial.

When you mean PAN, do you mean Internet Sharing-based PAN? If you don't, have you modded the static addresses? (Without modding, it should also connect, but there will be no IP's given.)

none2

Oct 5, 2007
Thanks for the reply.

Hi.

I had already read that article. I read it again. It is about DUN, and only mentions PAN because it is used to share the internet connection between the PPC and the PC via the "internet sharing" application.

By PAN I mean, access or host (ANY) a BT network WITHOUT having a modem connection to share. I would like to share files and play multiplayer games which are PAN friendly.

I don't know if the roms which I tried had the little application wm6btpan application built-in . What I do know is that I have tried two WM6 and three WM5 ROMS, and that ALL of them showed the same services (DUN, NAP, Voice Gateway), except for one WM5 rom that didn't offer the DUN protocol

I have been told to do this
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by luv2chill

"AdapterType"="PANU"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

But it doesn't work.

Actually, it's possible to make that registry tweaking in WM5, but the WM6 rom in which I tried to do that kept changing the registry back to the default values.

I'm stuck here. Can I contact the person who developed wm6btpan.exe? I know it's free and support is usually not offered. But maybe he/she would like to help

Thanks, again

shlomki

Nov 6, 2006
Israel
then you didn't read all the thread, because i wrote how to solve that problem a couple of posts above you.

none2

Oct 5, 2007
Yes, I really did

I even re-posted the full list registry values that I was directed to change, (including adapter type from NAP to PANU)

Which change should I expect? I am unable to connect from both my PC (which detects NAP in my PPC, even after modifying the registry to PANU) and my PPC (which detects Stereo headset, handsfree and com port in my PC).

jburger

Dec 2, 2007
mrpotter, this is EXACTLY what I was looking for but I have one small problem. I have a Blackjack II (with WM6.0) and when I tried to run your program, it gave me some error (I cant remember now) and Now it seems that it has locked the program. It wont let it run again even after I tried copying it, renaming it etc...

REQUEST: Can you please post the registry changes that are need. I will just have to manually make those changes.

You have become a GOD :) for people who own BJII with WM6 :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.