[APP] Ad-Free YouTube APK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

helandortega

Nov 3, 2015
Do you want a completely ad-free YouTube app? This patched APK works perfectly like a charm! I have been using this one since its initial release and haven't encountered a single ad since then. The developer has ported or made some tweak to the YouTube adAway xposed module for him to convert it into an APK file. Works on rooted device only.

/* Downloads */

APK : bit.ly/2kBwwvB
Installer : bit.ly/2l9Cu5q

^ Direct download links are provided above. I shortened the URL to save space and Im a bit OC with formatting. Don't worry, it doesn't contain any ads.

/* INTSRUCTIONS */

1. Download the APK. (Note: Please save the file on the default 'Download' directory.
2. Download the installer. (Note: This installer is not a complete flashable zip file! You still need the APK file above to make this work.)
3. Flash the installer in your custom recovery.

/* OP */

Developer: arter97
Main Thread: goo.gl/QfkK8v

Reactions: jaythenut

buzzboy

Oct 29, 2010
Canterbury
Strange, didn't work for me. Followed instructions correctly, and no app has appeared after a reboot.
Running PureNexus latest build.

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Strange, didn't work for me. Followed instructions correctly, and no app has appeared after a reboot.

Yeah, he posted this APK in like ten different device forums (I didn't actually count).
Probably doesn't even have a Pixel nor understand that flashable zips require mega tweaking to work properly on a Pixel.

I'd stay away from that installer based on the spammy nature of the OP.
Not saying the OP doesn't have honest intentions, but still...

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Here is the dev thread and the dev is rock solid, I'll say that.
https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-patched-ad-free-youtube-apks-t3449312

Reactions: buzzboy

MArtyChubbs

I'll try it again, but this is what I did: flashed the zip and I think it uninstalled youtube and failed as we know now. Renamed the apk to YouTube.apk and moved it to priv-app\YouTube with 644 and 755 on the folder. Reboot and I cant find youtube patched. Ran dynamic gapps and youtube was back. I add greenify and to my PN rom with same steps and works everytime. So if you guys are getting it to work, what am I doing wrong? Ill try the data partition and see what's up...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

xocomaox

Aug 18, 2008
Orlando, FL
I'll try it again, but this is what I did: flashed the zip and I think it uninstalled youtube and failed as we know now. Renamed the apk to YouTube.apk and moved it to priv-app\YouTube with 644 and 755 on the folder. Reboot and I cant find youtube patched. Ran dynamic gapps and youtube was back. I add greenify and to my PN rom with same steps and works everytime. So if you guys are getting it to work, what am I doing wrong? Ill try the data partition and see what's up... k

I would avoid flashing the zip.

MArtyChubbs

Originally, I manually put the APK in the app folder, second time around I just downloaded the apk, downloaded the zip, flashed it, and it worked.
Did you move the apk to /system/priv-app/YouTube/YouTube.apk the first time and leave it there? Or did you delete it before flashing the zip?

I think you misunderstood my post in the original thread. I was supporting another's comment that the steps in the OP are not always correct and they need to be updated. See, I contend that the steps listed in this OP and also in the devs OP do not work for our Pixels since the YouTube.apk does not copy to the system partition. Thus, the steps listed in both OPs are not compatible with our phones.

I am probably wrong, but I suspect you copied the file to the proper location prior to flashing the zip. So, you might falsely assume the steps outlined were in fact correct? I dunno...

Overall, if you are indeed correct that copying the correct apk to the download folder and flashing the zip file is all that is needed, I will fall on my sword. In the meantime, I prefer not to waste other's time following improper directions.

tl;dr

You did not follow the steps in either OP. So, how can you say those steps worked? Because it doesn't. AFAIK, of course ;)

I was able to manually copy the correct version of the apk, 320 dpi, to the proper folder and apply permissions and it installed after reboot. If I would have used no dpi in the first place instead of 480 dpi, it would have installed too.

Was anyone able to install the 480 dpi apk?

Last edited:

buru898

Did you move the apk to /system/priv-app/YouTube/YouTube.apk the first time and leave it there? Or did you delete it before flashing the zip?

I think you misunderstood my post in the original thread. I was supporting another's comment that the steps in the OP are not always correct and they need to be updated. See, I contend that the steps listed in this OP and also in the devs OP do not work for our Pixels since the YouTube.apk does not copy to the system partition. Thus, the steps listed in both OPs are not compatible with our phones.

I am probably wrong, but I suspect you copied the file to the proper location prior to flashing the zip. So, you might falsely assume the steps outlined were in fact correct? I dunno...

Overall, if you are indeed correct that copying the correct apk to the download folder and flashing the zip file is all that is needed, I will fall on my sword. In the meantime, I prefer not to waste other's time following improper directions.

tl;dr

You did not follow the steps in either OP. So, how can you say those steps worked? Because it doesn't. AFAIK, of course ;)

I was able to manually copy the correct version of the apk, 320 dpi, to the proper folder and apply permissions and it installed after reboot. If I would have used no dpi in the first place instead of 480 dpi, it would have installed too.

I moved it to system/app/YouTube using the nodpi one. It worked doing it manually, and then the version was outdated so I kept getting that stupid splash screen to update, so I downloaded the newer apk, downloaded the (at the time) new zip installer, rebooted into recovery, flashed the zip, and no more "update this app!" from Youtube.

Do his instructions say to put in priv-app? Sorry, I'm good at troubleshooting and just assume people would put it in there also. You can download YouTube from the play store, see where it stores it in system, then delete that one, copy the modded YouTube, fix permissions, reboot and it will work.

Reactions: MArtyChubbs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit

Please use the original thread:

https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-patched-ad-free-youtube-apks-t3449312

Thread closed

malybru
    Senior Moderator
    Do you want a completely ad-free YouTube app? This patched APK works perfectly like a charm! I have been using this one since its initial release and haven't encountered a single ad since then. The developer has ported or made some tweak to the YouTube adAway xposed module for him to convert it into an APK file. Works on rooted device only.

/* Downloads */

APK : bit.ly/2kBwwvB
    Installer : bit.ly/2l9Cu5q

^ Direct download links are provided above. I shortened the URL to save space and Im a bit OC with formatting. Don't worry, it doesn't contain any ads.

/* INTSRUCTIONS */

1. Download the APK. (Note: Please save the file on the default 'Download' directory.
    2. Download the installer. (Note: This installer is not a complete flashable zip file! You still need the APK file above to make this work.)
    3. Flash the installer in your custom recovery.

/* OP */

Developer: arter97
    Main Thread: goo.gl/QfkK8v

Yeah, he posted this APK in like ten different device forums (I didn't actually count).
    Probably doesn't even have a Pixel nor understand that flashable zips require mega tweaking to work properly on a Pixel.

I'd stay away from that installer based on the spammy nature of the OP.
    Not saying the OP doesn't have honest intentions, but still...

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Here is the dev thread and the dev is rock solid, I'll say that.
    I can confirm this work, follow the directions in the main thread.

Don't know why OP would be spamming this in other threads, maybe for more thanks.

tl;dr

I moved it to system/app/YouTube using the nodpi one. It worked doing it manually, and then the version was outdated so I kept getting that stupid splash screen to update, so I downloaded the newer apk, downloaded the (at the time) new zip installer, rebooted into recovery, flashed the zip, and no more "update this app!" from Youtube.

Do his instructions say to put in priv-app? Sorry, I'm good at troubleshooting and just assume people would put it in there also. You can download YouTube from the play store, see where it stores it in system, then delete that one, copy the modded YouTube, fix permissions, reboot and it will work.