Update 9/30/2009 - Fixes, added functionality, and program your own call providers!
I wanted to share a program I've been working on - it's basically an enhanced Caller ID. On incoming SMS or phone calls a window pops up that displays,
- The full name of caller
- Address of caller with a map link
- The number of FTC and caller complaints (to tell if it’s a spam call)
- Telco name and location (can tell what carrier the call is from)
- Relatives of caller (with age!)
- Criminal History
I've also added the ability to add the caller to the contacts book, return the call, and look at past calls. A standalone GUI to run alone and lookup past calls can also be used.
As of v .6, you can make your own call information providers for NetCallerID (and I need help/looking for people to help write providers for international support.). Documentation/HOWTO make a call information provider can be found at
Looking for suggestions, changes, additions - definitely let me know and I will happily (and quickly) add them. You can reach me at [email protected]
Release Notes --
- NetCallerID waits until the call is answered or finished before doing the network calls. For the most part, the network connection is unavailable until the phone call is ended.
- If roaming is enabled NetCallerID waits until your out of roaming.
- All history of calls are in the program files\netcallerid\calllogs directory in html format. You can view these with Opera or Pocket IE.
- The setup automatically starts the program. I also put it in \Windows\Startup to start when you re-start the phone.
Just download the cab and run it on the device. It will automatically start and also start on reset. For the msi, install it on the PC, it will be added to your phone when you connect it to the PC. Go under programs and click the netcallerid icon to run the standalone GUI.
This is very alpha. Pre alpha even. I'm not liable for anything, run at your own risk, etc etc etc
-WM5 or 6/6.1 with CF 3.5
Changes for v .6
- added vCard NetCallerID extensions for caller information providers
- added a SMS Reply
- added a 'check for updates' option
- fixed some gui issues for lower res wm devices
- updated whitepages provider to obtain more call information
- updated configuration GUI for programmable call information providers
- added more information to status window in standalone
Changes for v .5
- extended API.
- updated GUI
- better support for all wm platforms
- numerous bug fixes
Changes for v .4
- UI changes to work on all WM phones and resolutions (including QVGA 320x320)
Changes for v .3
- Added logic to the add to contacts where if name is in address book prompt/don't add.
- A full standalone app has been added where you can lookup past calls.
- Added the program to the programs list.
- Numerous bug fixes
- SMS is now turned off by default. Some people were getting Very.Bad results where SMS messages were being swallowed. I *think* it should be fixed but unsure, it's something in the SMS .net interception library. If you really want SMS turn it on under config, do a soft reset, and if you see your not getting SMS messages immed. uninstall and let me know!
- added whitepages.com lookups
Changes for v .2
- Fixed install to storage device errors
- Fixed the configuration GUI
- Added MSI installer
- display maps (from google or live) if address if found
- standalone also has the ability to go through past calls and select one to lookup DONE 3/25/2009
- standalone will have the ability to enter a # and do a lookup on demand.
- use NLog for debug logging DONE 3/25/2009
- adding an address book should lookup if name is already in address book. if it is, don't add. DONE 3/23/2009
- ability to automatically add contact to addressbook automatically and silently (Thanks agentdr8)
- send callerid output to the computer via bluetooth or network sockets
- apptodate support (thanks ShadowDrake)
- 320x320 resolution support DONE 4/15/2009
- ability to add a whitelist of calls to not lookup
- ability to go through address book and do lookups
- WM6 branding - http://download.microsoft.com/downl... for WM 6 Standard_Handbook_May2007_final.pdf
- icon to disable incoming SMS and/or calls at the bottom of the interceptor GUI
- add whitepages.com support (thanks CLShortFuse) DONE 3/25/2009