[APP] Agenda wear

Search This thread

quentin330

Feb 24, 2012
Bordeaux
I've created an app to display the list of the next visible events of your agenda on your wear, it's a beta as I think I can improve it but I wanted to show it to you to have some feedback.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qhutch.agendawear

To sync your data with your watch you have to open the mobile app once or reboot your phone (so that the activity is called).

I've tested it on my LG G Watch and it's working but for now I haven't tested it in english, just in french so if there are problems in english just tell me.

The limits I've set is 50 events and 2 months max, but maybe later I will make a setting so that everyone can choose it.

That's it, test it, share it and give some feedback.

here are some screenshots, tell me how I could make it look better

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• screenshot01.png
    screenshot01.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 7,436
  • screenshot02.png
    screenshot02.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 7,377
  • screenshot03.png
    screenshot03.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 8,856
  • screenshot04.png
    screenshot04.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 8,833
  • 2014-10-10-10.28.22.jpg
    2014-10-10-10.28.22.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 7,595
Last edited:

MiMilz

Dec 30, 2013
GipsyBanana
I'll test it as soon as I get my LG G Watch ! :)
And if it's in french, it's really nice :D

Will you add the possibility to add an event to a calendar directly from the watch or it's not in your plans ?

Last edited:

quentin330

Feb 24, 2012
Bordeaux
I'll test it as soon as I get my LG G Watch ! :)
And if it's in french, it's really nice :D

Will you add the possibility to add an event to a calendar directly from the watch or it's not in your plans ?

I'll try to add things that people want so if you really want that and if you're not the only one I'll try, but I don't think it can be easy to create an event on a watch

MiMilz

Dec 30, 2013
GipsyBanana
I'll try to add things that people want so if you really want that and if you're not the only one I'll try, but I don't think it can be easy to create an event on a watch

I was thinking to smething like this (for classes, for exemple):

On the phone, we can add all the types of events (homework, lesson, interrogation,..) and all our classes.
Then, when we want to add an event on the watch, we chose the date, then, we can select the type (homework) and what is relatited to (English).

I don't know if I was very clear, but I tried ^^

Reactions: quentin330

quentin330

Feb 24, 2012
Bordeaux

On the phone, we can add all the types of events (homework, lesson, interrogation,..) and all our classes.
Then, when we want to add an event on the watch, we chose the date, then, we can select the type (homework) and what is relatited to (English).

So you have some registred events on the phone and when you create a new event on the watch you just choose from one of them and select the date and the time ? I could do something like this but I'm gonna need time

Reactions: willflint

MiMilz

Dec 30, 2013
GipsyBanana
So you have some registred events on the phone and when you create a new event on the watch you just choose from one of them and select the date and the time ? I could do something like this but I'm gonna need time

Yes, it's exactly what I wanted to say ! :)

The interface seems to be really great on the screenshots ! :D
The only thing I would change is the color of the event, I would prefer it on the left side, like on all calendar app, but it's only a matter of taste ;)

quentin330

Feb 24, 2012
Bordeaux
Yes, it's exactly what I wanted to say ! :)

The interface seems to be really great on the screenshots ! :D
The only thing I would change is the color of the event, I would prefer it on the left side, like on all calendar app, but it's only a matter of taste ;)

I tried on the left side but it felt to empty on the right side, so I put it there

HectorAguirre

May 21, 2012
Mexico City
I've created an app to display the list of the next visible events of your agenda on your wear, it's a beta as I think I can improve it but I wanted to show it to you to have some feedback.

To sync your data with your watch you have to open the mobile app once (which is empty for the moment, it just calls an activity) or reboot your phone (so that the activity is called).

I've tested it on my LG G Watch and it's working but for now I haven't tested it in english, just in french so if there are problems in english just tell me.

The limits I've set is 50 events and 1 month max, but maybe later I will make a setting so that everyone can choose it.

(I'll put it on the play store after I've made a new icon because I don't know if I have the rights to use this one)

EDIT : here are some screenshots, tell me how I could make it look better

attachment.php

attachment.php

(you can see the color of the calendar on the right side)

EDIT 2 : V1.1 should start service at boot and sync every 15 minutes
There's a bug that opens the app everytime the data is synced, i'll fix that as i'll be home from work

Nice app, downloaded it and tested and works fine, suggested enhancements will make it even better. My suggestion would be to add a small line separator between the days. Thanks

dersie

Mar 26, 2011
Nancy, Lorraine
Problem with last version (1.1.1). App auto launch regularly on watch and stay on screen without user want it. It avoid the normal hour screen.

quentin330

Feb 24, 2012
Bordeaux
Problem with last version (1.1.1). App auto launch regularly on watch and stay on screen without user want it. It avoid the normal hour screen.

Oh maybe I didn't upload the right file (I fixed it right after the compilation so I compiled again after and maybe I mixed the files), I'll upload the right file

EDIT : uploaded, tell me if you still have the problem

Last edited:

dersie

Mar 26, 2011
Nancy, Lorraine
When exit the watch app and return to previous wear screen, the current card rectangle is resized (and distorted) to full screen without his original background.

(After update new version watch app crash ("Agenda weat s'est arrêté") until I select "Actualiser" on android app. After it works.)

quentin330

Feb 24, 2012
Bordeaux
When exit the watch app and return to previous wear screen, the current card rectangle is resized (and distorted) to full screen without his original background.

(After update new version watch app crash ("Agenda weat s'est arrêté") until I select "Actualiser" on android app. After it works.)

The crash is normal because I changed the way it handles the data, but I really don't understand your bug with the distorded card, does it happen everytime you close the app ?

willflint

Oct 11, 2007
Detroit
blog.askwilliestylez.com
Been testing this for a few days, and enjoying the functionality on my LG G Watch! I have a few suggestions and a couple bugs to report:

Suggestions:
- Add a line, or some kind of separation between each agenda item to clean up the list view
- Add a way to view more details (tap, swipe, something)
- remove the tap to count days... or make it clear off a little quicker...it kinda slows down the app's flow
- Add gesture method to quickly open the Agenda Wear on the watch...similar to how Mini Wear Launcher can be opened with a swipe from the upper left corner in watch face screen, add option to swipe (maybe from upper right, or bottom) to quickly open Agenda Wear
- Add logic to "hide", or not display, the previous day's agenda items when watch is unable to sync with the phone. I think I get it that the app can't sync when the phone is off or not in range. However, it should be fairly simple, using the watch's internal clock, to determine what day it is and adjust what each item shows (or doesn't show) as days pass by
- Date is currently shown in an international format (dd MMM), however, if possible either they should follow regional settings on watch/phone or should have selectable view to allow either dd MMM or MMM dd.

Bugs:
- the tap to count days gives incorrect count when "yesterday's" item(s) are showing. My phone's battery died, so Agenda Wear couldn't, understandably, refresh and stop showing the previous day's agenda items. It should say "Yesterday" or "x Day(s) Ago" but it shows "364 days ago" instead, as if it can't determine that yesterday is in the same year
- agenda items that start at 12PM are shown as "0:00 PM"
- agenda items coming from GMail's Holiday and Weather calendars are 1 day off. For example, today is Labor Day, Sept 1st in the US, however Agenda Wear is showing Labor Day as Sun Aug 31st. Same with my weather, the date is showing on Agenda Wear as Sunday Aug 31, while today is actually Monday Sept 1.

quentin330

Feb 24, 2012
Bordeaux
Been testing this for a few days, and enjoying the functionality on my LG G Watch! I have a few suggestions and a couple bugs to report:

Suggestions:
- Add a line, or some kind of separation between each agenda item to clean up the list view
- Add a way to view more details (tap, swipe, something)
- remove the tap to count days... or make it clear off a little quicker...it kinda slows down the app's flow
- Add gesture method to quickly open the Agenda Wear on the watch...similar to how Mini Wear Launcher can be opened with a swipe from the upper left corner in watch face screen, add option to swipe (maybe from upper right, or bottom) to quickly open Agenda Wear
- Add logic to "hide", or not display, the previous day's agenda items when watch is unable to sync with the phone. I think I get it that the app can't sync when the phone is off or not in range. However, it should be fairly simple, using the watch's internal clock, to determine what day it is and adjust what each item shows (or doesn't show) as days pass by
- Date is currently shown in an international format (dd MMM), however, if possible either they should follow regional settings on watch/phone or should have selectable view to allow either dd MMM or MMM dd.

Bugs:
- the tap to count days gives incorrect count when "yesterday's" item(s) are showing. My phone's battery died, so Agenda Wear couldn't, understandably, refresh and stop showing the previous day's agenda items. It should say "Yesterday" or "x Day(s) Ago" but it shows "364 days ago" instead, as if it can't determine that yesterday is in the same year
- agenda items that start at 12PM are shown as "0:00 PM"
- agenda items coming from GMail's Holiday and Weather calendars are 1 day off. For example, today is Labor Day, Sept 1st in the US, however Agenda Wear is showing Labor Day as Sun Aug 31st. Same with my weather, the date is showing on Agenda Wear as Sunday Aug 31, while today is actually Monday Sept 1.

Thank you for you suggestions, I think I will make that the wear doesn't show past events, even if it doesn't sync with the phone.
It's in my intentions to remove the toast when click and replace it by a page with more info about the event, if I have enough time I will do it this week.
I tried to add a small separator but failed for the moment, because I'm using wearablelistview, but I'll keep trying.
I really don't know how to add a gesture to open the app, but I'll search.
I'll add a setting for the date format (MMM dd).
So midnight should be shown as 12PM ? And midday 12AM ? I'll do it.
I don't know why your items from holiday and weather calendars are shown 1 day off, but I'll search for it, (mine are showing fine so I don't really know, are those all day events ? does it the same with all day events you make on your own calendar ?)

Edit : on 12 hour time, is it good to better to show 9:00 AM or 9 AM ?

Last edited:
Reactions: willflint

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

To sync your data with your watch you have to open the mobile app once or reboot your phone (so that the activity is called).

The limits I've set is 50 events and 2 months max, but maybe later I will make a setting so that everyone can choose it.

here are some screenshots, tell me how I could make it look better

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
    app is on the play store, uninstall old app before installing new one, I found it takes a bit longer to install the app on the watch but it will come
    (I have a strange bug that shows the old icon of the app on the watch, I hope you won't have this)

Great update! :)
    Keep up the good work.