[APP][ALL ROOT SOLUTIONS][6.0+]ViPER4Android FX 2.7

Search This thread

rcurious

Jul 9, 2011
Hi,
Does anyone know, how to toggle-on-off effects using air-mouse-remote in Android TV box? Pressing 'OK' button on it doesn't work.
I can do this only when connect PC mouse, and press with wheel button.
I have ViPER4Android FX 2.7.1.0 installed.

Last edited:

thomas140

Jul 3, 2018
Johor
Hey guys i get my viper install but viper still didnt want enable like
DRIVER STATUS
Driver version :2.5.0.4
NEON enabled : yes
Enabled : no
Audio Format : Supported
Processing : no
Sampling Rate : 48000
Yours is done and working.
All you need to do is, play a song, and turn on master limiter, check status again once done.

DerMetzgermeister

Mar 19, 2015
To the people on Android Q that applied the workaround only to find out that after booting, the driver is not installed yet, try this: On TWRP file manager first check out which files are already installed in your system. In my case it was only pst-fs-data.sh. I overwrote ONLY that file, didn't copy the other (sepolicy.rule) and finally got the driver to work after booting.

chooks06

Jan 12, 2015
singapore
I've done as said. It's working but when I call someone for sometime then it again says 'Processing: No'.
Probably that's due to the music player being paused while the call is on.

If music resumes after call has ended it should resume.

But I'm not using this on my current daily driver (not rooted).

Just sharing my experience on previous devices.

dt0807

Jul 29, 2013
I gave up on trying everything to get my phone to boot with Legacy, but this works great for me; running official DU v14.0 (based on Android 10) on OnePlus 3T

As expected, I had to copy the sepolicy.rule and post-fs_data.sh files to /data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX to fix bootloop issues after driver installation from the APK. After that, I also had to install the AML module and the driver is processing every time I am playing something. I didn't mess with any of the other settings (like compatibility mode, etc.)

Just sharing what worked for me; hope it helps

Reactions: 64ashg

Rookiebunny

Oct 28, 2018
Probably that's due to the music player being paused while the call is on.

If music resumes after call has ended it should resume.

But I'm not using this on my current daily driver (not rooted).

Just sharing my experience on previous devices.
Yes it should back to normal when call is over but it isn't. I have to follow those steps as you mentioned in the previous post.

Reactions: chooks06

ecsnead69

Jul 11, 2010
I gave up on trying everything to get my phone to boot with Legacy, but this works great for me; running official DU v14.0 (based on Android 10) on OnePlus 3T

As expected, I had to copy the sepolicy.rule and post-fs_data.sh files to /data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX to fix bootloop issues after driver installation from the APK. After that, I also had to install the AML module and the driver is processing every time I am playing something. I didn't mess with any of the other settings (like compatibility mode, etc.)

Just sharing what worked for me; hope it helps

When did you copy the two files, after driver install before reboot?

dt0807

Jul 29, 2013

Yeah, the phone reboots itself after agreeing to driver installation from the APK but doesn't make it past the OnePlus logo. So from there, I have to power it off and copy those files manually in the TWRP file manager (you could probably use ADB as well)

shadowstep

Forum Moderator
Staff member
  • Jun 6, 2014
    Ambala
    OnePlus 5

Yeah, the phone reboots itself after agreeing to driver installation from the APK but doesn't make it past the OnePlus logo. So from there, I have to power it off and copy those files manually in the TWRP file manager (you could probably use ADB as well)

Have a look at this post. I've repackaged the module zip with those files that can be installed directly before installing the APK. :)

lenana

Sep 24, 2013
    Nairobi
    Use the search function across XDA.
    NICE=Thread priority
    LMK=Low Memory Killer
    OOM=Out Of Memory = App gets "selectively" killed based on the remaining memory, and the OOM setting for the app.

Each one on their own is well beyond the scope of a single post. Do your research, the information is everywhere, if anything, too much.
    I've searched these and found your TemiFi app. I have set OOM to highest and NICE to superman. Hope it fixes my viper issues. Thanks

Last edited:

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    I've searched these and found your TemiFi app. I have set OOM to highest and NICE to superman. Hope it fixes my viper issues. Thanks
    Don't forget, it is lost in a reboot or if the app dies. Thats why I run a script to kick off my music player, in case the PID has changed.

And just to be extra clear, its OOM that is set to "superman" (which equals -17), and nice to the highest, which is the lowest value of -20.:silly:

The app allows you to set these once, and check to see how you go. If it does die, check if the value (for oom and nice) has been changed using the app again.

You can also use the LowMemoryKiller check to see if that was the cause (Logcate>Logcats>Filter By Level>Logcat - Low Memory Killer).

Reactions: kevintm78
    May 22, 2016
    Senai
    Works on Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Android 10

Fix for Getting Viper4android to work on Android 10 devices.
    First visit this Official Telegram Channel https://t.me/ViPER4AndroidFX and type #qfix.
    Then download the files named post-fs-data.sh and sepolicy.rule and place it in your internal or external sd card.
    After that Download the official viper Application ViPER4Android FX 2.7.1.0 from xda labs and open it and allow it to install drivers.
    Now your phone will go into bootloop and you wont be able to reboot it.
    To fix that go into your recovery mode and then go to advanced. Then tap file Manager. After that navigate to the folder where you downloaded the above mentioned files and copy them and place them into data/adb/modules/viper4androidfx.
    After successfully copying your files reboot your system and it will boot. Enjoy listening.

Edit- https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1yUBcrdqnSkT8GlKF83q9iDD3GVBU4Ucn
    Files for people not familiar with telegram or unable to. Download the files.

Forwarded from other user :)

Sent from my mido using XDA Labs

Hey guys i get my viper install but viper still didnt want enable like
    DRIVER STATUS
    Driver version :2.5.0.4
    NEON enabled : yes
    Enabled : no
    Audio Format : Supported
    Processing : no
    Sampling Rate : 48000

Yours is done and working.
    All you need to do is, play a song, and turn on master limiter, check status again once done.

I'm using Xiaomi Pocophone F1 (Android 10 Stock ROM). At first, after I finish installing the driver, I got bootloop.

Thanks to your solution, now I can run ViPER4Android FX. But I need to lock the app so the app won't get killed.

Anyway, thank you very much.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-02-22-18-13-25-770_com.android.systemui.jpg
      Screenshot_2020-02-22-18-13-25-770_com.android.systemui.jpg
      97.7 KB · Views: 920
    • Screenshot_2020-02-22-18-30-09-116_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
      Screenshot_2020-02-22-18-30-09-116_com.topjohnwu.magisk.jpg
      164.2 KB · Views: 902
    Last edited:
    Reactions: Lord Sithek

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Does anybody here have an instruction manual or something to learn what does every option do in the app? I don't know who designed it but it has some high horse sindrome or something to call the settings things like "Channel displacement" to the good old channel balance....

I've seen things like the compressor have settings named like "inflection point" which I don't have the most remote idea of what is does.

I cannot find information on the web on what the options do; all I find here in XDA is how to make the app work on X phone model.

I need to set it up to be some kind of auto-volume so different youtube videos stay at the same volume and also compress them so quieter parts can be heard and louder parts don't freak me out (mostly voices and loud piano songs in the same videos, voices very quiet and piano very loud).
      Viper came into existance many years ago and it has been abandoned by the original devs. That's why its unofficial right now. @Team_DeWitt put much effort to bring it to the newer Android versions and it's really great. As far as I remember, since 2.7.6.x version it has short descriptions when you long press on a feature name. There is a guide with more information prepared by the original dev team, but it was created long time ago and some features are not present right now or named differently. Im attaching it
      Viper came into existance many years ago and it has been abandoned by the original devs. That's why its unofficial right now. @Team_DeWitt put much effort to bring it to the newer Android versions and it's really great. As far as I remember, since 2.7.6.x version it has short descriptions when you long press on a feature name. There is a guide with more information prepared by the original dev team, but it was created long time ago and some features are not present right now or named differently. Im attaching it

Thanks Lord Sithek! being honest, the information is not very useful but it is much more that what I could find. I think we should ask @@Team_DeWitt to make some kind of instructions document.
      Does anybody here have an instruction manual or something to learn what does every option do in the app? I don't know who designed it but it has some high horse sindrome or something to call the settings things like "Channel displacement" to the good old channel balance....

I've seen things like the compressor have settings named like "inflection point" which I don't have the most remote idea of what is does.

I cannot find information on the web on what the options do; all I find here in XDA is how to make the app work on X phone model.

I need to set it up to be some kind of auto-volume so different youtube videos stay at the same volume and also compress them so quieter parts can be heard and louder parts don't freak me out (mostly voices and loud piano songs in the same videos, voices very quiet and piano very loud).
      Terms like "inflection point" are actually used in digital music production. Viper is an advanced application and as such requries advanced understanding. Sure, some terms are not common to you or me, but its a biug world out there, and sometiomes to use something, the onus is on us to do the personal research.
      Posting this here in case someone needs it. I was able to make Viper4Android v2.7.2.1 work on my OnePlus 7 Pro running on OxygenOS (OOS) 10.3.8 (Android 10), with Magisk 23.
      I followed the steps given in this thread on Reddit, which I am reiterating and rewording below (credits to @CR7Raees):
      1. Install Magisk module 'Ainur Narsil' and then reboot.
      2. Install Viper4Android module from Magisk. Open it, install the drivers and reboot from within V4A.
      3. Open Magisk and uninstall Ainur Narsil module. Again reboot.
      4. Open V4A and turn on Legacy Mode from the settings.
      Currently, I've just tried it out on my phone's speakers, but I am pretty sure it would also work with my headphones. Will report back and edit below.
      Screenshot_20210525-111502.jpg

Edit: Yup. Working gorgeously with my XM3.
      That is the problem right there: how do we know what the options do if we are not sound ingineers and there is no information available on what the options do?

Everybody here in XDA talks about "beginners" and "experts" but no experts seem to be coming to this places since nobody knows what those "advanced" options do. :unsure:
      This is not the place to cover the basics of sound engineering. There are thousands of articles on the web already that cover that. This thread would be bloated beyond belief if it contained all that info. XDA is a developer forum not a beginners support site; especially for a free app. A simple web search and read would give you the info on using apps such as Viper. If ypou drive a car, you should learn how to drive first, not expect the sale people to teach you.
      ViPER4Android FX
      YF7EJvAcFH9ZuuytKO91DimKH-TQUvYOaA-gmdBrioXY-LSgtjoadLI17gtaGgIkR6KBXyVA4IXtcdjfLdQ=w2880-h1608

By pittvandewitt and MrWhite214

Introduction
      Many users are enhancing their smartphone audio experience with the popular ViPER4Android software, but some of us have a hard time installing the driver or they don't like the look of the app. As a solution for these troubles we have rewritten the 2.4.0.1 app source and added all 2.5.0.5 features to it. Many more features have been implemented too.
      With our huge success of ViPER4Android 2.6 we decided to completely rewrite the ViPER4Android app in Kotlin. This allowed us to squeeze out the remaining bugs and clean up the code even more. After a long time of waiting for you and developing for us, ViPER4Android 2.7 is finally here!
      There are many new features and improvements compared to 2.6, of which some can be found in the changelog. Hit the download button to check it out yourself!

Downloads
      You can download the latest version on XDA Labs
      If you were pointed here for the installer by @Zackptg5, the link can be found here

pittvandewitt's vdc service
      If you've always wanted to get the most neutral and arguably best sound coming from your headphones, make sure to join the VDC service to request a file!

Donate
      You can donate to us via PayPal or buy our donation package from XDA Labs with extra features!
      Donate via PayPal
      Buy our donation package *coming soon*

Dev Note
      If you want to include the app in your work, you're free to do so as long as you give proper credits

Legal notice
      We are not associated with vipersaudio nor audlabs.
      Stating their Github readme we're free to use the driver as long as it's not used commercially.
      The driver parameters are obtained from the 2.4.0.1 source. The graphical EQ interface is inspired by the Cyanogenmod DSP application
      The app is still named ViPER4Android, because the driver isn't any different from what ViPER ACOUSTIC provides.
      Renaming it without changing anything would be considered kanging, which is not what is going on here.

Credits
      ViPER ACOUSTIC for the driver
      Bappo for Swedish translation
      pittvandewitt for Dutch translation
      sazuke0703 for Thai translation
      R1DEN for Russian translation
      Hede for Danish translation
      gloeyisk for Indonesian translation
      LCS for Chinese simplified and traditional translations
      razor84 for Turkish translation

Installation
      Download and install the APK from XDA Labs
      Follow the instructions when opening the app

XDA:DevDB Information
      ViPERAndroid, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
      Team_DeWitt, pittvandewitt, Mr_White_214

Version Information
      Current Stable Version: 2.7.2.1
      Stable Release Date: 2020-10-27

Created 2018-04-09
      Last Updated 2020-10-27
      Currently on the wishing list
      • Car mode / head unit detection
      • More translations. If you're interested, take a look over here to find the files. Fork the repo and make a pull request to get your translation merged in next release!
      • EMUI (Huawei) 8.0+ refuses to load the driver. Ask ViPER ACOUSTIC for a 64bit driver (Can't fix)
      • Updated driver that does not require selinux injections or the libstdc++ dependency workaround (Can't fix)

Before reporting:
      Make sure you use the latest APK provided on XDA Labs
      Make sure any other audio mod is disabled/removed before installing the driver. We really cannot afford fixing every single device setup, especially when it's not related to the app

If you would like to report a bug, pm @Team_DeWitt using the following format:
      [Describe the problem and your steps you take to reproduce it]
      [Phone brand and model]
      [OS (ROM) + Android version]
      [Root method (in case of magisk: core or full)]
      [Provide a link to your log file]
      Changelog

• Improved loading logic for convolution files
      • Fixed an issue when installing the module on older Magisk versions
      • Bug fixes
      • Stability improvements

• Android 11 support
      • Automatically save/restore settings based on the device type/name
      • Add preset widget
      • Reworked presets
      • Performance improvements
      • Close service when no music playback is active if legacy mode is disabled
      • Add optional crashlytics to help improving future versions

• Support Magisk 20.3
      • Long press a feature to show description
      • Material theme update
      • Support scoped storage on Android 10+ (Preset dir is now /sdcard/Android/data/com.pittvandewitt.viperfx/files/Preset)

• Support Magisk 19
      • Add compatibility setting
      • Add ability to attach to sessions
      • Fix preset loading bug
      • Switch from setools to magiskpolicy
      • Important release notes: Link

• Full rewrite in Kotlin
      • New UI
      • Presets can be managed in the app itself
      • Effects can be set more precisely with seekbars
      • Min API 23
      • Uses 2.5.0.4 driver only
      • Audio routing bug fixed
      • Driver status bug fixed
      • Cross device effect changing bug fixed
      • App follows system dark/light mode (can be toggled with google messages e.g.)
      • Installation is faster and more versatile
      • Notification settings
      • Reduced APK size significantly

• Add app shortcuts (7.1+)
      • Minor interface redesign
      • Fix muffled sound
      • Fix options not applying
      • Fix profile conversion
      • Introduce vdc service
      • Improve performance
      • Update driver installation
      • Update chinese translations, thanks to KiSS

• Retain service after clearing recents
      • Emergency service.sh fix
      • Support Magisk core mode
      • Fix profile load loop
      • Recover speaker service
      • Fix convolver
      • Support Pixel devices
      • Use su.d if possible
      • Force global effect mode
      • Add Korean translation by @nebulac

• Fix /system install and uninstall.
      • Add temporary workaround for the convolver
      • Updated strings

• Fix FC while installing the driver
      • Add root check before installing the driver
      • Removed lucky patcher check
      • Capitalized driver status outputs
      • Updated strings

• Fix profile loading
      • Fix assets bug
      • Initial Release
      2.7.1.0 released

Yay it's finally time to release an update

And with this release come a few important release notes:
      Support for Magisk prior to v19 is dropped.
      If you did not use magisk, you need to reflash your /system partition and reinstall the driver
      An audio attach setting is added too to improve compatibility and it needs some explanation:
      For every time you play a song, the audio player should send information about what session the audio is played on, so equalizer apps can attach to that session.
      Session 0 is the default but deprecated session. Most of the time V4A processes just fine at session 0, but if it doesn't you can enable this switch and Viper will attach to other sessions. Note that if you don't have any session open, the driver status will say abnormal, which makes sense.
      There is the need for a switch, because in a lot of cases audio players do NOT send the information when a session is closed. So they keep the driver occupied and this mutes all other audio streams, including session 0 which is the fallback session.
      To make this problem a bit less bad, I excluded session 0. But when you still run into this problem, the solution is not to kill viper but to kill the audio app that was playing music previously.
      Bad design, I know. But it's not my fault. You should contact the developer of the music app to fix their crappy code and send a broadcast when audio playback stops/pauses.
      This switch makes ACP obsolete.

Other things that have improved:
      I've seen multiple issues with android pie where the viper library wasn't detected any longer because a dependency is removed since the update. A workaround is shipped in the new release.
      The compatibility mode switch has been added back. This seems to be mandatory for car mode and some android q builds.
      An issue when loading presets has been resolved

Download can be found on labs as always: Link
      Answers to some related questions

Help, the driver status says no
      • In case of Enabled: no; Please flip the Master limiter switch and go sit in a corner for a while
      • In case of Processing: no; If you use an application that uses audio sessions, enable session attaching in the settings. If that does not work, the audio is routed over session 0. You might want to try Audio Compatibility Patch from the Magisk repository in this case.

What happened to the profiles?
      • They're now called presets. They are reworked to use independently per device, a feature that was very welcome. Because of many technical changes and improvements on how the preset is stored and loaded, they are not compatible with older versions than 2.7. You will have to recreate them by hand unfortunately. You can access the menu by pressing the selected device in case you missed the huge showcase when you first launched the app after installing the driver

Why does your Magisk module not work?
      • Probably because you installed some other mod that also has an audio_effects file in it. Whatever module gets loaded last will become active
        The easiest way to bypass this is to let the app build a module after you installed all your favorite audio mods, and delete all files containing audio_effects in the other modules
        AudModLib will not come in handy this time, because the app doesn't flash a zip that AML can intercept

Where can I find the source code?
      • You can't. And there is an obvious reason for that: This app is more sensitive to kangers who start selling this app, likely after adding their bullsh*t to it, rather than to people who actually want to help improve the app. Something like that already happened in the past to other audio software here on xda. Not really something we want to see happen again

Where did the Selinux switch go?
      • What..? Are you really that careless security wise?
        The app handles this in a much more sophisticated way now. It injects only the absolute necessary rules to allow V4A to process, fully automatically

Help, why do I still experience service drops?
      • Probably because doze is kicking in because Android doesn't like long running services. The service has been implemented the way the docs suggest. You can try excluding it from doze. Alternatively you can check out dontkillmyapp.com for tips

Do you have a zip file for me?
      • No. There is no point in providing a zip file anymore. The driver installation is written from scratch and actually works now

How do I uninstall the driver?
      • Use Magisk Manager to delete the module. If you use another root solution, you can dirty flash your rom or just leave it there