[APP][ALL ROOT SOLUTIONS][6.0+]ViPER4Android FX 2.7

flash713

May 7, 2015
Houston, Texas
on my 6t, I deleted v4a than wiped the cache in twrp and installed the magisk version an all works fine...
I'm using a OnePlus 6t, EvoX Android 11, with BusyBox, AML, ACP magisk modules and magisk 21.2. Nothing worked for me to get latest Viper from here working. I flipped Legacy mode on and off and rebooted a few times and flipped compatibility mode on and off and did a few reboots and still no nothing when I play music on youtube vanced-micro g non rooted vanced btw because regular rooted YTVanced doesn't currently work on Android 11 AOSP roms on 6t. Any tips? I guess Ill search for removing AML and ACP and Viper and maybe do a dirty install again or restore my backed up clean system partition in TWRP and mess with this some more. Should I do this order or does order even matter?
Install ACP, AML, Viper apk and or magisk module. Or should I install Viper first and others after. Let me do more searching and see what I can find. I'm actually happy with this new XDA forum. I've been here almost daily since around 2011ish. 😁🤔

Harrison8c

Apr 27, 2018
Does Viper4Android FX work worse on Android 11? I updated from Android 9 to Android 11 and to make Viper4Android work I had to install bunch of audio compatibility patch and audio mod library modules. Now it works. On driver information everything is enabled. It works yet most of the settings don't seem to do anything anymore. It doesn't sound like I had it sounding previously on Android 9.

Am I right and is there any solution? Really considering downgrading back to Android 9 for this.

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Does Viper4Android FX work worse on Android 11? I updated from Android 9 to Android 11 and to make Viper4Android work I had to install bunch of audio compatibility patch and audio mod library modules. Now it works. On driver information everything is enabled. It works yet most of the settings don't seem to do anything anymore. It doesn't sound like I had it sounding previously on Android 9.

Am I right and is there any solution? Really considering downgrading back to Android 9 for this.
I dont know how or when I found it, but I used this zip in magisk, on my pixel 4a running Android 11. I am sure I must of got it somewhere off here, but when I search for it, I cant find it to give attribution to who posted it first.

ViperFX_Android11.zip

The only thing I changed (because I can) is that I switched it to boot SELinux Enforcing and it still works. The existing ZIP forces it to boot permissive

flash713

May 7, 2015
Houston, Texas
I dont know how or when I found it, but I used this zip in magisk, on my pixel 4a running Android 11. I am sure I must of got it somewhere off here, but when I search for it, I cant find it to give attribution to who posted it first.

ViperFX_Android11.zip

The only thing I changed (because I can) is that I switched it to boot SELinux Enforcing and it still works. The existing ZIP forces it to boot permissive
I installed it using magisk manager and it works. Thanks! I'm attaching a screenshot of magisk install and it working. TKS again!! ✌

Attachments

Sebacestmoi

Oct 11, 2005
For those having below issues with V4Android 2.7.2.1 on
Android 11
-Have to Install a Custom kernel to make V4A work
-Driver not installed/enabled or abnormal processing
-WiFi disabled
-Sound distortions in calls/notifications
-Not processing streaming services like
YouTube, Amazon Music, Spotify

::Steps::

1.Disable/Uninstall com.android.MusicFX
2.Install/Upgrade Magisk to Canary
3.Install Magisk Modules as below:
-Ainur Narsil (recommended but not required for V4A)
-AML
-ACP (volume key sequence: -+-+—)
3.Boot to TWRP Recovery
-Flash v4afx-rootless_10.21.2020.zip
(https://zackptg5.com/downloads/v4afx-rootless_10.21.2020.zip)
4.Reboot to System
5.In Magisk Manager install module
ViPER4Android_FX-v2.7.2.1(2721)
(If installation fails with Unable to download apk error,
Download and install from Local storage below file
https://zackptg5.com/downloads/v4afx_v2.7.2.1.zip)
6.Restart Phone
7.Follow steps as mentioned by
@_mysiak_
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-0-viper4android-fx-2-7.3774651/post-84121895
i.e.,
-Use a Root Explorer file explorer like MiXPlorer
-Go to /data/adb/modules/ViPER4AndroidFX/
-If post-fs-data.sh file exists add below lines at end of the file
otherwise create file
magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver audioserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver system_file file { execmod }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver mediaserver_tmpfs file { read write execute }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow mediaserver system_file file { execmod }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow audioserver unlabeled file { read write execute open getattr }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default process { execmem }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default hal_audio_default_tmpfs file { execute }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow hal_audio_default audio_data_file dir { search }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow app app_data_file file { execute_no_trans }'
magiskpolicy --live 'allow mtk_hal_audio mtk_hal_audio_tmpfs file { execute }’
8.Change File permissions in Terminal/Termux/MixPlorer to 755
i.e.,
su -c chmod 755 post-fs-data.sh
9.Restart Phone
10.Open Viper4Android and Enable Master Limiter and Legacy Mode in Settings
11.Check V4A Driver/WiFi/Mobile Status, Sound Distortions for Calls/Notifications etc.,
12.Play Music and Enjoy
Hi,
First thank you for this wonderful guide.
I was able to make it works by following your guide minus the ACP module cause when I've installed it on my phone it cause my bank app to see that my phone is rooted... Is it normal ? Should I miss something if it isn't installed ?
I'm on a Pixel 2 XL With LineageOS 17.1 (Android 10)
Kind regards

nanopino

May 29, 2014

ViperFX_Android11.zip

how did you switch it to be SELinux enforcing? did you toggle flag in the permissive.sh file?

mrjuniork

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Aug 29, 2015

ViperFX_Android11.zip

Yes, that's exactly that file that I have been using since I'm on A11. The official update to A11 was quite messy and doesn't come close to the stability of this version.
This zip has been available quite some time before Dewitt updated to A11. I never looked back.
And if SELinux enforcing works, then I'm gonna give it a try.
Thx mate (y)

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
how did you switch it to be SELinux enforcing? did you toggle flag in the permissive.sh file?
I kept the file, but made sure it doesnt run by
1. Makking it hidden (i.e. chyanging the name to start with a "."
2. Removing the execute permissions lon the file.
I didnt want to delete it when i first did it, in case it was needed. But5, the modle has explicit se linux allows which is the propper way to correct issues caused by se linux. I amgiuessing they did the fix, but forgot to set it back to enforcing, or didn't get it working on theor specific ROM/device, and gave up.

Yes, that's exactly that file that I have been using since I'm on A11. The official update to A11 was quite messy and doesn't come close to the stability of this version.
This zip has been available quite some time before Dewitt updated to A11. I never looked back.
And if SELinux enforcing works, then I'm gonna give it a try.
Thx mate (y)
I saw the file while I was still on Oreo and downloaaded it then and there. I searched on XDA and couldn't find it or the post; i would of prefered to link to the post than try and appear to claim credit for someone else work. When I did a google search it actually gave me a direct link to the file/attachment, biut not the post. Mabe the post was deleted.

Last edited:

asripath

Jul 12, 2020
Hi,
First thank you for this wonderful guide.
I was able to make it works by following your guide minus the ACP module cause when I've installed it on my phone it cause my bank app to see that my phone is rooted... Is it normal ? Should I miss something if it isn't installed ?
I'm on a Pixel 2 XL With LineageOS 17.1 (Android 10)
Kind regards
Use it if you have any sound distortions/streaming media processing issues.
ACP and banking APPS would be OT,
never heard of it before.

See magisk thread for solutions for banking apps.

sfairmm

Nov 25, 2018
São Paulo
I can still install V4A on my Android 10 smartphone, thanks efforces from developers / collaborators (direct and indirect).
Many thanks for turn this possible.
My sincere thanks for this wonderful !!!
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Last edited:

maigre

Aug 9, 2012
If I update Magisk to 21.2, V4A 2.7.2.1 no longer works. I had to downgrade Magisk to get it behaving again. This is on a OnePlus 6 running the latest version of Android 10.

I'm not looking for a fix as I'm fine with the situation as is, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Reactions: BRANDENDEUCE

crackerjack1957

Nov 1, 2012
If I update Magisk to 21.2, V4A 2.7.2.1 no longer works. I had to downgrade Magisk to get it behaving again. This is on a OnePlus 6 running the latest version of Android 10.

I'm not looking for a fix as I'm fine with the situation as is, but thought it was worth mentioning.
Same here but I stayed on 21.2, V4A 2.7.1.6, all I had to do was reinstall AML
Also still on Android 10

GreySquare

Jul 16, 2018
Higher RAM usage compared to the previous versions was mentioned a couple of times since 2.7.2.1 update came out (At least I found only 2 mentions with this new site design, sorry).
According to the Running Services it's due some Google Play Services stuff
Don't remember such on a previous versions
Hope it can be addressed

Just in case – Android 10, AOSP-based ROM with Gapps, Error reporting disabled, Legacy mode enabled
(By the way, thank you for the legacy mode here – Viper now works in everytime and in all apps (just like on the old, pre-2.7 Viper), without the need of installing Audio Modification Library)

P.S. Older design with bottom nav bar for different outputs was a bit more practical, hope you can bring it back later

Attachments

Aboody Shaker

Aug 19, 2017
Not sure what is going on in your case. It could be a number of things, including the music player you are using (e.g. Poweramp in general needs DVC disabled), whether you are using a streaming app (maybe you need ACP), whether you have other audio mods installed (may need AML), what version of Magisk, whether you are using the apk or magisk mod installation method, your device, etc...
Hmm.. ok my phone is Note 9 SM-N960F. i use Samsung music player! no streaming apps nor other audio mods ( because i'm new with root, so i don't know any mods hah :unsure:)
i have latest Magisk version. i used magisk mod installation method but it says i have to install it manually so i went to it's path and installed the APK and here am i !

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Hmm.. ok my phone is Note 9 SM-N960F. i use Samsung music player! no streaming apps nor other audio mods ( because i'm new with root, so i don't know any mods hah :unsure:)
i have latest Magisk version. i used magisk mod installation method but it says i have to install it manually so i went to it's path and installed the APK and here am i !
Don't know anything about your phone so can't help you with device-specific methods. Another thing is to make sure if you have AudioFX or MusicFX installed to disable those. If that doesn't help you may want to uninstall the Magisk Mod and app, and then reinstall by installing the apk rather than flashing the Magisk mod.

Reactions: Aboody Shaker

kerelberel

Nov 16, 2013
Since the latest Magisk update this stopped working for me.. I reinstalled the newest version a bunch of times and it just won't start. I can only think of the Magisk update, nothing else changed within this phone.

I really hate how Viper4android is the most valuable app I have and the one that can suddenly just stop working. I guess I will get this damn thing to work some days later.

Aboody Shaker

Aug 19, 2017
Don't know anything about your phone so can't help you with device-specific methods. Another thing is to make sure if you have AudioFX or MusicFX installed to disable those. If that doesn't help you may want to uninstall the Magisk Mod and app, and then reinstall by installing the apk rather than flashing the Magisk mod.
Ok thanks for your help

Reactions: Lughnasadh

manpildo

Dec 21, 2011
Since the latest Magisk update this stopped working for me.. I reinstalled the newest version a bunch of times and it just won't start. I can only think of the Magisk update, nothing else changed within this phone.

I really hate how Viper4android is the most valuable app I have and the one that can suddenly just stop working. I guess I will get this damn thing to work some days later.
Have you tried the solutions offered in this thread? Search for my last post and try the solution I quoted if you haven't already.

kerelberel

Nov 16, 2013
I don't have a
Have you tried the solutions offered in this thread? Search for my last post and try the solution I quoted if you haven't already.
I don't have an adb folder in /data. I think that must be an Android 10/11 thing. My issue is on my Android 9 rom.

The problem has to be with the latest Magisk update..

Last edited:

thomas140

Jul 3, 2018
Johor

Change the selinux status should work.