[APP] Alti/Barometer app w/ Tile, Auto Calibration, Notifications and More!

Search This thread

calugj

Sep 22, 2018
I changed the pressure units to inHg, but the corresponding dial doesn't change the numbers to represent inHg. Did I do something incorrect?
No, you did absolutely right. Unfortunately I'm unable to fix this at the moment because I'm really busy. Keep in mind it's only a graphical issue of the dial, the values are correct!

hemstheworthy

Account currently disabled
Apr 21, 2021
Introduction

Google's Wear OS lacks many things from competitors... One of these is a Barometer-Altimeter application. So why not building one by getting the inspiration from the best one out in the market?

Read the instructions before installation!

Demonstration

App Screenshots
View attachment 5166803View attachment 5166805View attachment 5205013View attachment 5166807View attachment 5205015

Tile Screenshot
View attachment 5166811

Tour of the app (gif)
View attachment 5166813

Features

Barometer:
● Real-time pressure display digital
● Real-time pressure red hand indicator
● Graph for the past 6 hours
● Pressure trend over the past 6 hours
● Background collecting of pressure
Notification for possible storms

Altimeter:
● Real-time altitude display digital
● Real-time altitude red hand indicator
Auto calibration of altitude based on weather data
Manual calibration

TILE:
Thanks to the Unofficial Tile API: Tile showing pressure and altitude!

Settings:
● Enable / disable storm alert
● Enable / disable automatic calibration of altitude
● Set manual altitude
● Metric / imperial units
● Advanced settings

Installation instructions

● Only supports Wear OS, not standard Android
● Android version must be 8.0+
0 - If any previous version in installed, go to "Settings" > "Apps & Notifications" > "App info" > "Alti-Barometer" > "App Info" > "Clear data" > Confirm
1 - Download the latest .apk file
2 - Install the .apk with adb (tutorial on the third post)
3 - Start the app
4 - Grant the Location permission (optional but recommended, if you want the automatic calibration)
Done!

Update instructions

If you want to update this app to a newer version, uninstall the old version and then install the latest using ADB!

Detailed info about the app

Every 5 minutes a the app will get the pressure from the sensor and store the data.
The weather notification is sent if 4 hPa are dropped in the past three hours.
The trend seen in the barometer is calculated in the past 6 hours.
For the first 6 hours the trend is going to be inaccurate because it doesn't have real data to compare.
Altitude is measured using the barometric formula, considering standard the pressure of 1013.25 hPa.

Donations
paypal.me/LucaBoscoloMeneguolo

Download
works on fossil?

JedidroidX

Jan 30, 2015
I have the app installed for a few days but it seems I can't get a reading for the altimeter. The tile is also stating a network error when ever I go to it and won't populate the information at all. I have cleared data multiple times but it's the same! Using a TicWatch pro 4G/lte USA variant! Perhaps its not compatible with this wear os watch! I appreciate any info on this matter! Thank you!

noisy_lightning

Dec 15, 2010
England
I have the app installed for a few days but it seems I can't get a reading for the altimeter. The tile is also stating a network error when ever I go to it and won't populate the information at all. I have cleared data multiple times but it's the same! Using a TicWatch pro 4G/lte USA variant! Perhaps its not compatible with this wear os watch! I appreciate any info on this matter! Thank you!
Just checked online and it seems your watch does not have a barometer on board which is what will be causing the error. The watch can't read real time air pressure.

Reactions: JedidroidX

JedidroidX

Jan 30, 2015
Thank you so much for the quick reply! Although it does not work on my watch, you have have a beautiful app here and please continue developing!
Even though there is no onboard barometer I thought it would populate such information through the gps location and weather apps. I guess I assumed too much from my watches capabilities. Thanks again! :giggle:

Reactions: calugj

noisy_lightning

Dec 15, 2010
England
No problem, though Its not my app, I am no where near intelligent enough to make any app. I just happened to be subscribed to this thread and got an email about your reply so thought I would help you out.

Reactions: JedidroidX

JedidroidX

Jan 30, 2015
No problem, though Its not my app, I am no where near intelligent enough to make any app. I just happened to be subscribed to this thread and got an email about your reply so thought I would help you out.
Cool, thanks for the info! Have a good one! AND, I think everyone is exceptionally good at something that allows their intelligence too shine! App developer or not!

Reactions: noisy_lightning

Satanas

Jun 4, 2008
Brittany
Hi all,

I don't why, but it's not possible to install apk.

I am also looking to display the temperature on the watch face.

Thnky you

bernarbernuli

Hi, I love your application, it's fantastic.

Recently I am having a conflict problem. I have a Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS, at some point when I do a heart rate measurement from Google Fit or from PulseTic it doesn't work, it doesn't measure my heart rate.

I didn't know what was going on, I did a factory reset, and it worked again. I have been installing all the third party apps I had and the different settings until I detected that it stops working when I install and run Alti-Barometer. It is very strange.

I must say that I also activate til of the app, in case that could be the reason.

Can anyone check the pulse to see if it works for them?

Reactions: calugj

Satanas

Jun 4, 2008
Brittany

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210730_175103.jpg
    Screenshot_20210730_175103.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 24

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

Google's Wear OS lacks many things from competitors... One of these is a Barometer-Altimeter application. So why not building one by getting the inspiration from the best one out in the market?

Read the instructions before installation!

Demonstration

App Screenshots
    Altimeter.pngBarometer.pngSettings.pngCalibration.pngUnits.png

Tile Screenshot
    Tile.png

Tour of the app (gif)
    Tour.gif

Features

Barometer:
    ● Real-time pressure display digital
    ● Real-time pressure red hand indicator
    ● Pressure trend over the past 6 hours
    ● Background collecting of pressure
    Notification for possible storms

Altimeter:
    ● Real-time altitude display digital
    ● Real-time altitude red hand indicator
    Auto calibration of altitude based on weather data
    Manual calibration

TILE:
    Thanks to the Unofficial Tile API: Tile showing pressure and altitude!

Settings:
    ● Enable / disable storm alert
    ● Enable / disable automatic calibration of altitude
    ● Set manual altitude
    ● Metric / imperial units
    ● Advanced settings

Installation instructions

● Only supports Wear OS, not standard Android
    ● Android version must be 8.0+
    0 - If any previous version in installed, go to "Settings" > "Apps & Notifications" > "App info" > "Alti-Barometer" > "App Info" > "Clear data" > Confirm
    1 - Download the latest .apk file
    2 - Install the .apk with adb (tutorial on the third post)
    3 - Start the app
    4 - Grant the Location permission (optional but recommended, if you want the automatic calibration)
    Done!

Update instructions

If you want to update this app to a newer version, uninstall the old version and then install the latest using ADB!

Detailed info about the app

Every 5 minutes a the app will get the pressure from the sensor and store the data.
    The weather notification is sent if 4 hPa are dropped in the past three hours.
    The trend seen in the barometer is calculated in the past 6 hours.
    For the first 6 hours the trend is going to be inaccurate because it doesn't have real data to compare.
    Altitude is measured using the barometric formula, considering standard the pressure of 1013.25 hPa.

Issues

Automatic calibration not working on Samsung watches. I don't have a watch to test and I can't fix this bug unfortunally.

Download
    By popular demand, after almost a year: Alti-Barometer 1.16

- Bugs fixed
    - Found a solution for the user limit. It will work for quite a long time!
    Changelog

● Changed the app UI to make it different from the original app
    ● Added "Advanced Settings"...
    ... and that's a secret

● Added manual calibration
    ● Fixed a bug involving calibration

● Added fully customisable units
    Can we please get the source code? I would love to poke around in this app.
    Auto calibration of altitude - explanation of the physics

I think this is cool to share :)
    Air pressure depends on your altitude, but since air pressure changes normally, the readings are not accurate if the instrument is not correctly calibrated.
    Manual calibration can be done... but it's just not practical! Automatic calibration is instead much better.
    Let's start with the barometric formula:

Ph = P0 × e^(-α × h)
    with constant α = (M × g) / (R × T)

The app gets your location, then finds thanks to the weather API the pressure P0 at sea level.
    Once found P0, I can substitute it in the same formula to finally find the actual calibrated altitude

h = ln(Ph / P0) / - α
    Ph is now the reading from the sensor and h is the current altitude

The calibration of the altitude highly depends on how accurate are the weather forecast provided...
    From my testing I had a +- 10 m which is considerably good, but it depends from place to place.

ADB Tutorial

1) You will need to install ADB drivers to your computer. Suggested tutorial --> [OFFICIAL][TOOL][WINDOWS] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers - 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3 | XDA Developers Forums (xda-developers.com)
    Assuming you are using Windows, you should find a folder named "adb" inside the C drive with some files in it.
    2) Place inside this folder the apk you want to install.
    3) Enable "USB Debugging" on the device you want to install the apk on. This setting is hidden inside the "Developer Settings", that you can enable by pressing 7 times on the "Build Number" under "Device Info". There are many videos that show this.
    4) Open the command prompt inside the "adb" folder. To do so using Windows, just press Shift + Right Click of the mouse and then select "Open PowerShell Window".
    5) Connect your smartwatch to the PC with the usb cable.
    6) On the PowerShell type "adb devices" without quotes and confirm with enter. Make sure the android device shows a message.
    7) On the device press "Allow always" (or something like that).
    8) On the PowerShell type "adb install Alti-Barometer1.15.apk" without quotes and confirm with enter.
    DONE!