[APP] - AmazList - Simple ToDo/Notes application | Amazfit Pace

Search This thread

marekadamczyk

Jun 23, 2018
AmazList - 1.0.2b
uc

Description
AmazList is a simple ToDo/Notes application. My concept was to have a single "todo.txt" public file on Dropbox that can be easily edited using my computer and an app that will have a synchronized copy of it file that I can access on my watch quickly. Synchronization can be done when WiFi is connected on the watch, but app is caching the file so last copy can be used offline.

Initially I created it just for my personal use but I decided to share this with the community.
Please note that the setup process is requiring few steps and it is not an "install and use" type of app.

I hope somebody will make use of it :)

Installation
  1. Create a text file on Dropbox and share it via link.
  2. Modify the link as in the example below - remove dl=0 var and add raw=1 (blue part):
    dropbox.com/s/1234567890/todo.txt?dl=0 => dropbox.com/s/1234567890/todo.txt?raw=1
  3. Install the app on Amazfit Pace using your preferred method (adb, Amazfit Tool etc.) and run it.
  4. You will see the the green setup prompt with confirmation that config file have been created (as below):
    uc
  5. Open your Amazfit internal storage on the computer navigate to "Android\data\cc.adamczyk.amazlist\files" and look for "URL.txt" file.
    NOTE: If you do not see "URL.txt" file in the location try to disconnect your Amazfit Pace and connect it again.
  6. Put previously created Dropbox link in the file and save it (remember to use the full address with http etc.).
    NOTE: If you can not edit the file because of the permissions, copy the file to your computer, edit it there and than copy it back to the mentioned location on the watch.
  7. Enable WiFi on the watch.
  8. Run the application again and you should see the contents of your list on the watch.
You can use the refresh button to manually get the latest contents of the file.

Final Notes
  • You CAN NOT edit/change the list in any way on the watch (it is read only there).
  • I am mentioning Dropbox in the instruction but of course you can use any ASCII file available via HTTP (for me Dropbox is just the easiest to use).
  • You can use local file URL ex. "file:///mnt/sdcard/Download/TODO.txt" (WiFi connection will not be checked).
  • To enable WiFi on your watch you need a separate app ex. PaceOn.
  • I have tested the application only on Amazfit Pace still it will probably work on Stratos also.
Error Messages
ERROR: Wrong url configuration!
This error is shown when your "URL.txt" configuration file is empty or the first line in the file is not a correct http link. Check the "URL.txt" file in "Android\data\cc.adamczyk.amazlist\files".
uc

ERROR: No internet connection!
This error is shown when there is no WiFi enabled on the watch and also there is no cached copy of the file. Enable WiFi and press the refresh button so the app can download and cache it.
uc

Download
bit.ly/2KyhC5f

Changelog
1.0.0b [23/06/2018]:
  • Initial release of the application.
1.0.1b [30/06/2018]:
  • Changed app icon.
  • Slight color tuning.
  • Redesigned error messages.
  • Fixed date field positioning.
1.0.2b [30/06/2018]:
  • Added support for local file URL.

Last edited:

lfom

Great idea! My suggestion is that you try to use the same file as another app already available for Android/iOS, so you can sync both and the app on watch. I am using TickTick with Twitter account so I can sync the data with my phones, but the app doesn't look good on watch. If you need any further info, please let me know. ;)

Adi59

Nov 24, 2015
I will try your app tomorrow on my stratos and let you know if it works. Thanks for sharing your work!
I was thinking to make myself an app to control a yeelight bulb via wifi from the watch. How do did u build your app to use the watch wifi? Any hits to any API?
I know there is an app and api to use the internet of the phone while the watch is connected to the phone... Amazfit companion or so

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
I will try your app tomorrow on my stratos and let you know if it works. Thanks for sharing your work!
I was thinking to make myself an app to control a yeelight bulb via wifi from the watch. How do did u build your app to use the watch wifi? Any hits to any API?
I know there is an app and api to use the internet of the phone while the watch is connected to the phone... Amazfit companion or so
Using the watch WiFi directly works the same as it would on a normal Android device

marekadamczyk

Jun 23, 2018
Great idea! My suggestion is that you try to use the same file as another app already available for Android/iOS, so you can sync both and the app on watch. I am using TickTick with Twitter account so I can sync the data with my phones, but the app doesn't look good on watch. If you need any further info, please let me know. ;)

I will check if any ToDo app provides some kind of API. That might be indeed good idea for the future version.

Thanks! Let me know if it is working on Stratos also.

I see on the YeeLight website that they do provide some support for the developers, so it might be possible. I'm planning to buy YeeLight lighting in the coming months as I am moving to a new house. That would be nice to have a possibility to control it using Amazfit!
As mentioned by Quinny you can just use internet as on normal android phone, just remember to add "android.permission.INTERNET" to your manifest file.

Adi59

Nov 24, 2015
As mentioned by Quinny you can just use internet as on normal android phone, just remember to add "android.permission.INTERNET" to your manifest file.
Yeah, yeelight api is already available on github: https://github.com/florian-mollin/yapi
I didn't have time to bind all the parts to get it working.

I'll let you know about your app after i install it. Thanks for the tip about the manifest!

Also thanks Quinny for the info!

AxA_200000

Mar 5, 2017
AmazList - 1.0.2b

Description
AmazList is a simple ToDo/Notes application. My concept was to have a single "todo.txt" public file on Dropbox that can be easily edited using my computer and an app that will have a synchronized copy of it file that I can access on my watch quickly. Synchronization can be done when WiFi is connected on the watch, but app is caching the file so last copy can be used offline.

Initially I created it just for my personal use but I decided to share this with the community.
Please note that the setup process is requiring few steps and it is not an "install and use" type of app.

Installation
Create a text file on Dropbox and share it via link.
Modify the link as in the example below - remove dl=0 var and add raw=1 (blue part):
dropbox.com/s/1234567890/todo.txt?dl=0 => dropbox.com/s/1234567890/todo.txt?raw=1
Install the app on Amazfit Pace using your preferred method (adb, Amazfit Tool etc.) and run it.
You will see the the green setup prompt with confirmation that config file have been created (as below):

Open your Amazfit internal storage on the computer navigate to "Android\data\cc.adamczyk.amazlist\files" and look for "URL.txt" file.
NOTE: If you do not see "URL.txt" file in the location try to disconnect your Amazfit Pace and connect it again.
Put previously created Dropbox link in the file and save it (remember to use the full address with http etc.).
NOTE: If you can not edit the file because of the permissions, copy the file to your computer, edit it there and than copy it back to the mentioned location on the watch.
Enable WiFi on the watch.
Run the application again and you should see the contents of your list on the watch.

Final Notes
You CAN NOT edit/change the list in any way on the watch (it is read only there).
I am mentioning Dropbox in the instruction but of course you can use any ASCII file available via HTTP (for me Dropbox is just the easiest to use).
You can use local file URL ex. "file:///mnt/sdcard/Download/TODO.txt" (WiFi connection will not be checked).
To enable WiFi on your watch you need a separate app ex. PaceOn.
I have tested the application only on Amazfit Pace still it will probably work on Stratos also.

Error Messages
This error is shown when your "URL.txt" configuration file is empty or the first line in the file is not a correct http link. Check the "URL.txt" file in "Android\data\cc.adamczyk.amazlist\files".

This error is shown when there is no WiFi enabled on the watch and also there is no cached copy of the file. Enable WiFi and press the refresh button so the app can download and cache it.

Download
bit.ly/2KyhC5f

Changelog
1.0.0b [23/06/2018]:
Initial release of the application.

1.0.1b [30/06/2018]:
Changed app icon.
Slight color tuning.
Redesigned error messages.
Fixed date field positioning.

1.0.2b [30/06/2018]:
Added support for local file URL.

Hi how ar you can you mak video to how do it. It not work to me win i did it. Thanks

Adi59

Nov 24, 2015
Have you been able to test the app on Stratos?

Hey,
I've installed the AmazList_1.0.2b version, all good...managed to create and copy the link in the URL.txt, BUT in the app on the watch, even though I have enable the Wifi it says "Please enable Wifi", when I go back to the setting to enable Wifi it searches and connects to it.... looks like I can't manage to keep the Wifi connection alive once I exit the wifi menu.

FYI: I'm using the stock US firmware.

marekadamczyk

Jun 23, 2018
Hey,
I've installed the AmazList_1.0.2b version, all good...managed to create and copy the link in the URL.txt, BUT in the app on the watch, even though I have enable the Wifi it says "Please enable Wifi", when I go back to the setting to enable Wifi it searches and connects to it.... looks like I can't manage to keep the Wifi connection alive once I exit the wifi menu.

FYI: I'm using the stock US firmware.

Thanks for testing! I already changed the description as to keep WiFi enabled you need to use separate app ex. PaceOn.

Adi59

Nov 24, 2015
Thanks for testing! I already changed the description as to keep WiFi enabled you need to use separate app ex. PaceOn.

Just tested it with Stratos, the global version of OS, it works. I would recommend adding the link to the PaceOn xda thread since your app will not work without it. Great job! Thanks for sharing!

Edit: you can add in your description that it was tested and it works on Stratos official global (A1619) ROM 2.3.4.0

dimalex

Nov 4, 2018
Great app! Thanks for sharing. It is exactly what I was looking for.

Installed the app and it works with local file, but doesn't work for me with shared link. I tried with shared google drive file and dropbox file, but both doesn't work. Wifi is enabled and in used, the error is "Wrong url configuration!"
The links that I tried are starting with: 'https', 'http', 'www', 'dropbox', but they all doesn't work.
My shared file ends like this: dropbox.com/s/ckvh85b8oicsemw/vacsine.txt?raw=1

Any idea what might be wrong in my setup?

Csmrcc

Dec 2, 2018
Madrid
Interesting aplication.
Would it work without the paceon or similars? cant it connect once to wifi, load the extfile from dropbox and when someone wants to reload it just connect again?
Or wifi on pace doesnt work like that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AmazList - 1.0.2b
    uc

Description

Installation
    1. Create a text file on Dropbox and share it via link.
    2. Modify the link as in the example below - remove dl=0 var and add raw=1 (blue part):
    3. Install the app on Amazfit Pace using your preferred method (adb, Amazfit Tool etc.) and run it.
    4. You will see the the green setup prompt with confirmation that config file have been created (as below):
      uc
    5. Open your Amazfit internal storage on the computer navigate to "Android\data\cc.adamczyk.amazlist\files" and look for "URL.txt" file.
    6. Put previously created Dropbox link in the file and save it (remember to use the full address with http etc.).
    7. Enable WiFi on the watch.
    8. Run the application again and you should see the contents of your list on the watch.

Final Notes
    • You CAN NOT edit/change the list in any way on the watch (it is read only there).
    • I am mentioning Dropbox in the instruction but of course you can use any ASCII file available via HTTP (for me Dropbox is just the easiest to use).
    • You can use local file URL ex. "file:///mnt/sdcard/Download/TODO.txt" (WiFi connection will not be checked).
    • To enable WiFi on your watch you need a separate app ex. PaceOn.
    • I have tested the application only on Amazfit Pace still it will probably work on Stratos also.
    Error Messages
    uc

uc

Download
    bit.ly/2KyhC5f

Changelog
    1.0.0b [23/06/2018]:
    • Initial release of the application.
    1.0.1b [30/06/2018]:
    • Changed app icon.
    • Slight color tuning.
    • Redesigned error messages.
    • Fixed date field positioning.
    1.0.2b [30/06/2018]:
    • Added support for local file URL.
    Another update of the app (on request) to allow using local file URL without WiFi.